"If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong." -- Norm Schryer

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

SubjectAuthor
* Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsIlya Shambat
+- Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsAsh Wurthing
`- Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' ExpectationsMichael Pendragon

1
Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<b16d872a-fe57-4160-a854-d4ddf0085a93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162707&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162707

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:08 UTC

We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.

Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.

I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.

Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.

That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.

Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<0bf31fbe-6cc0-4896-b198-a68de062d18an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162714&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162714

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 09:31 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 1:08:17 AM UTC-4, ibsh...@gmail.com wrote:
> We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.
>
> Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.
>
> I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.” I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues. Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.
>
> Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers. These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women. I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.
>
> That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men. Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.
>
> Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.

None of this couldn't be plain ole human shittiness-- it has to be solely gender roled to fit your gendered world view, huh?

This Feminist tells you that you are now my "bitch"! Get off your damned computer-- you have no have no right to express yourself, let alone have any views other than what us menchildren tell you to have so to support of manchild world view. Now, get in the kitchen and fix me a man-childwich!

Re: Men's Expectations And Feminists' Expectations

<9f0d4a6b-5519-4519-8900-99347cb61ed4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162774&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162774

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:10 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 1:08:17 AM UTC-4, ibsh...@gmail.com wrote:
> We have many in feminism say that they want women to not have to follow men’s expectations.

Uh... that's not feminism, Ilya; that's just gender equality.

> Oh, not at all. They want them to follow the feminists’ expectations, which are just as oppressive as anything that was thought up by any man.

No, they just want them to live their own lives.

> I was with a woman who told me that she preferred male authority over female authority because in case of men there is often erotic attraction, whereas with women it’s “what do you cow know about.”

This essay is poorly written (even by your usual standards), but "cow know" is Dockery level dopiness.

Basically, you slept with a "submissive" in a Dom/Sub relationship.

> I was with another woman who worked for a female-run social work organization who experienced vicious bullying by her female colleagues.

It's funny how your arguments are always based on your experiences with ex-girlfriends, as opposed to any sociological studies, data, or facts.

> Both of these women were raised in matriarchal settings. I didn’t come up with these conclusions. Strong, intelligent, feminism-influenced women told me these things.

First off, there are very few matriarchal societies in the modern world. Were these women Minangkabau? Khasi? Akan?

Secondly, the alleged "fact" that one woman you knew felt she was being bullied by her co-workers doesn't mean that her co-workers were feminists or that all feminists behave in a similar manner.

As per usual, you draw sweeping, blanket conclusions from the experiences of a few people that you've known.

> Eminem – whose message of actual misogyny and domestic violence I detest – had many female followers.

We've already had the obligatory "feminist" swipes --- now it's time for the obligatory Eminem jab.

> These girls were tired of feminist abuse, and they chose violence by mean but sexy young men over emotional bullying by mean, unattractive older women.

ROTFLMAO!!!

So feminism drives women to masochistically seek out and engage in physically abusive relationships?

> I did not make them do that. “Patriarchy” did not make them do that. They chose it themselves.

I highly doubt that many women choose to be in an abusive relationship. I similarly doubt that the bulk of Eminem's female fans have chosen to be part of an abusive relationship (hell, I doubt that most of them are even in abusive relationships).

Again, where do get this nonsense from? What studies are your wackadoo statements based on?

> That you share a gender with another person, does not mean that you have any business speaking for that person. Women are as different from one another as are men.

Then why do you insist on drawing blanket conclusions about "women"?

> Michael Murphy or the Ayatollah do not speak for me just because they are men; and feminists do not speak for women just because they are women.

Implying that feminists are on a par with the above?

> Whose expectations are more burdensome: Men’s or feminists’? I suppose that depends on the person. Some women are comfortable in matriarchy, and others are comfortable in patriarchy. Both deserve a right to their choice.

Matriarchy is a society in which women play the dominant roles. There are very few matriarchal societies in today's world, and I doubt that many Western women would relate to them as they are all situated in places like Africa, India, and Indonesia.

That said, why must a woman submit to the expectations of men or feminists? Why should she be expected to submit to anyone's expectations?

In a gender-equal society (which America is well on the road to becoming), a woman is free to live up to *her own* expectations.