No problem is so formidable that you can't just walk away from it. -- C. Schulz

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: My conservative influence

SubjectAuthor
* My conservative influenceIlya Shambat
+- Re: My conservative influenceMichael Pendragon
`- Re: My conservative influenceAsh Wurthing

1
My conservative influence

<e8a45977-df3d-41df-91c3-a6f229e516c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162889&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162889

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:59:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: My conservative influence
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 02:59 UTC

I have been told that I share assumptions with right-wingers and am a misogynist for that reason.

That I have had a conservative influence, is most certainly correct. In Virginia, where I lived as a teenager and a young adult, conservatives were impossible to ignore. They all thought that I was a left-wing radical, and I put a lot of effort into refuting their beliefs, which, once again, were impossible to ignore. If I was influenced by these people at some deep, invisible level, is certainly not my fault. I fought their influence, and I continue to do so now.

The other side, however, is not better. I have experienced vicious mistreatment by feminists and the “politically correct.” I have also heard many stories of their malfeasance. A girl was called a racist and abused at school for reading Walt Whitman. A young social worker was bullied mercilessly by her female colleagues, mainly because she was pretty and they were not. They were influencing women to be mean, paranoid and abusive and viciously attacking women who would not be these things.

Does one side with either Hitler or Stalin? Or does one avoid both of the above? I make the latter choice.

So of course both sides will see me as the villain. But both of them are much bigger villains than I have ever been.

Re: My conservative influence

<19c35807-ef5a-4da5-bddb-f70b773b89c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162901&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162901

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 20:52:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: My conservative influence
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 03:52 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 10:59:26 PM UTC-4, ibsh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have been told that I share assumptions with right-wingers and am a misogynist for that reason.

Not here.

Here, you've been told that you're a misogynist because you have said that women have a (moral?) duty to make themselves attractive to men (both in terms of appearance and personality), make gender-based blanket statements about them, and see them more as fetishistic sex objects than as individuals.

> That I have had a conservative influence, is most certainly correct. In Virginia, where I lived as a teenager and a young adult, conservatives were impossible to ignore. They all thought that I was a left-wing radical, and I put a lot of effort into refuting their beliefs, which, once again, were impossible to ignore. If I was influenced by these people at some deep, invisible level, is certainly not my fault. I fought their influence, and I continue to do so now.

Conservative influences do not cause misogynistic thoughts and/or behaviors..

Living in a patriarchal society, otoh, can.

Conservative and patriarchal are two very different things.

> The other side, however, is not better. I have experienced vicious mistreatment by feminists and the “politically correct.”

Did they beat you? Or are you pulling a Willie and exaggerating?

> I have also heard many stories of their malfeasance. A girl was called a racist and abused at school for reading Walt Whitman.

What has Walt Whitman got to do with vicious feminists?

> A young social worker was bullied mercilessly by her female colleagues, mainly because she was pretty and they were not. They were influencing women to be mean, paranoid and abusive and viciously attacking women who would not be these things.

How were they teaching her to be mean, paranoid and abusive?

Were they teaching her to be mean, paranoid and abusive to men... or to other beautiful women?

What has receiving a "Mean Girl Education" got to do with feminism?
> Does one side with either Hitler or Stalin? Or does one avoid both of the above? I make the latter choice.

So you avoid ugly feminists and beautiful women who've taken Bitch 101?

> So of course both sides will see me as the villain. But both of them are much bigger villains than I have ever been.

You aren't a villain... but you inadvertently espouse the same prejudices and ethnic/gender-related stereotypes held by bigots, racists, and misogynists.

Re: My conservative influence

<acce5da1-26f4-40f9-a96a-d61a920c84bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162904&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#162904

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 21:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:19 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 10:59:26 PM UTC-4, ibsh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have been told that I share assumptions with right-wingers and am a misogynist for that reason.
>
> That I have had a conservative influence, is most certainly correct. In Virginia, where I lived as a teenager and a young adult, conservatives were impossible to ignore. They all thought that I was a left-wing radical, and I put a lot of effort into refuting their beliefs, which, once again, were impossible to ignore. If I was influenced by these people at some deep, invisible level, is certainly not my fault. I fought their influence, and I continue to do so now.
>
> The other side, however, is not better. I have experienced vicious mistreatment by feminists and the “politically correct.” I have also heard many stories of their malfeasance. A girl was called a racist and abused at school for reading Walt Whitman. A young social worker was bullied mercilessly by her female colleagues, mainly because she was pretty and they were not. They were influencing women to be mean, paranoid and abusive and viciously attacking women who would not be these things.
>
> Does one side with either Hitler or Stalin? Or does one avoid both of the above? I make the latter choice.
>
> So of course both sides will see me as the villain. But both of them are much bigger villains than I have ever been.

Let this villain tell you, yeah, you're not much of a villain, just clueless and having a keyboard and no sense. So, because of these cases of abuse you mention, that makes all of us Feminists abusers. You know those people you mentioned would have committed the very same abuses even if they weren't feminist? I told you the various prejudices can be just ways that people exercise a general hatred like most humans do in some way or another, great and small. Like they Walt Whitman example your cited-- that was probably general bullying (you didn't provide enough details to say otherwise). And as I have said before, this Feminist doesn't prey upon something that doesn't beg for it with their actions. No women, no children, only combatants.

"If I was influenced by these people at some deep, invisible level, is certainly not my fault"
Hmmm... if you're behaving due to that influence, you're potentioally to blame or otherwise perhaps need supervision

“I offer my oath. Not one step backward! I fare only forward to avenge in hard battle my good lord’s death. The brave men of my village, the people of Sturmer, will not have the need to reproach my behavior. My friend has fallen and I am lordless. I will not go home or turn away from the fight, but a weapon must take me…” The Battle Of Maldon (poem)