Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

SubjectAuthor
* Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with yoLynn McGuire
+* Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with yoted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
|`* Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be wLynn McGuire
| `- Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be wDimensional Traveler
`* Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with yoDorothy J Heydt
 `* Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 –J. Clarke
  `- Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….Your Name

1
Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#155

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Tues._May_4,_2021_–_May_the_Fourth_be_with_yo
u….
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 12:47:38 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 4 May 2021 17:47 UTC

Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.

And I still think that “The Empire Strikes Back” is the best of the
bunch. Why yes, “Paint It Black” by the Rolling Stones is one of my
favorite songs. Why do you ask ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

Lynn

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<ifdhb9Ft10nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#156

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: Tues._May_4,_2021_–_May_the_Fourth_be_with_yo
u….
Date: 4 May 2021 18:16:09 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Tue, 4 May 2021 18:16 UTC

In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>
>I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
>hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
>cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
>dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.
>
>And I still think that “The Empire Strikes Back” is the best of the
>bunch. Why yes, “Paint It Black” by the Rolling Stones is one of my
>favorite songs. Why do you ask ?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
>
>Lynn

I got a blog post out of my first encounter some years ago:

http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/?p=150
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<s6s390$q2h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#157

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re:_Tues._May_4,_2021_–_May_the_Fourth_be_w
ith you….
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 13:20:14 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 4 May 2021 18:20 UTC

On 5/4/2021 1:16 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>>
>> I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>> Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
>> hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>> huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
>> cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
>> dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.
>>
>> And I still think that “The Empire Strikes Back” is the best of the
>> bunch. Why yes, “Paint It Black” by the Rolling Stones is one of my
>> favorite songs. Why do you ask ?
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
>>
>> Lynn
>
> I got a blog post out of my first encounter some years ago:
>
> http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/?p=150

"Silent Running" was awesome until you thought about it.

Lynn

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<s6sd3d$346$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#160

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
ith you….
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 14:07:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 4 May 2021 21:07 UTC

On 5/4/2021 11:20 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 5/4/2021 1:16 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Lynn McGuire  <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>>>
>>>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>>>
>>> I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>>> Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977.  We had to wait in line for several
>>> hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>>> huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each).  The movie was cool.  Super
>>> cool.  I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again.  Now it looks
>>> dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.
>>>
>>> And I still think that “The Empire Strikes Back” is the best of the
>>> bunch.  Why yes, “Paint It Black” by the Rolling Stones is one of my
>>> favorite songs.  Why do you ask ?
>>>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>> I got a blog post out of my first encounter some years ago:
>>
>>     http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/?p=150
>
> "Silent Running" was awesome until you thought about it.

"Silent Running" can be replaced with a lot of other titles.... :-P

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<qsLr4H.LB3@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#161

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
u….
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 21:45:53 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Tue, 4 May 2021 21:45 UTC

In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>
>I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
>hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
>cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
>dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.

I haven't seen them. I saw Episode One, which I considered okay,
and then I saw the trailer for Episode Two and I said, "Oh,
crumbs, that's how he's going to be drawn to the Dark Side, by
twoo wuve. What fools these mortals be."

>And I still think that The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the
>bunch.

The Imperial March has lyrics, you know. They begin,

"We are the Empire, we're big and we're mean;
We are Darth Vader's destruction machine."

I forget who wrote them.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<eci39g1d4e0mc92d5ctlj3bafh4j86ar6i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#162

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: Tues._May_4,_2021_–
_May_the_Fourth_be_wi
th_you….
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 18:25:43 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Tue, 4 May 2021 22:25 UTC

On Tue, 4 May 2021 21:45:53 GMT, djheydt@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
wrote:

>In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
>Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>>
>>I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>>Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
>>hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>>huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
>>cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
>>dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.
>
>I haven't seen them. I saw Episode One, which I considered okay,
>and then I saw the trailer for Episode Two and I said, "Oh,
>crumbs, that's how he's going to be drawn to the Dark Side, by
>twoo wuve. What fools these mortals be."

I would have been fine with the twoo wuve, the trouble is that Lucas
didn't actually manage to sell it.

>>And I still think that The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the
>>bunch.
>
>The Imperial March has lyrics, you know. They begin,
>
>"We are the Empire, we're big and we're mean;
>We are Darth Vader's destruction machine."
>
>I forget who wrote them.

Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….

<s6t2m5$1pvs$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#163

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies,rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re:_Tues._May_4,_2021_–_May_the_Fourth_be_with_you….
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 15:16:21 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 5 May 2021 03:16 UTC

On 2021-05-04 22:25:43 +0000, J. Clarke said:
> On Tue, 4 May 2021 21:45:53 GMT, djheydt@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
> wrote:
>> In article <s6s1bt$amf$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day
>>>
>>> I remember two of my buddies talking me into go seeing Star Wars at the
>>> Houston Galleria Cinema in 1977. We had to wait in line for several
>>> hours around the ice skating rink before we got into one of the four
>>> huge theaters (well over 1,000 seats each). The movie was cool. Super
>>> cool. I went back in a couple of weeks and saw it again. Now it looks
>>> dated but that is ok because they so upped the game in follow-on movies.
>>
>> I haven't seen them. I saw Episode One, which I considered okay,
>> and then I saw the trailer for Episode Two and I said, "Oh,
>> crumbs, that's how he's going to be drawn to the Dark Side, by
>> twoo wuve. What fools these mortals be."
>
> I would have been fine with the twoo wuve, the trouble is that Lucas
> didn't actually manage to sell it.

George Lucas managed to sell it far far better than *anything* in
JarJar Abrams' ridiculous "Sequel Trilogy" which was simply pointlessly
idiotic ill-fitting garbage (as usual from him).

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / Re: Tues. May 4, 2021 – May the Fourth be with you….