Why did the Lord give us so much quickness of movement unless it was to avoid responsibility with?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

SubjectAuthor
* Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?trotsky
+* Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?BTR1701
|+- Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?Bering Sea Bar & Brig
|`- Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?Adam H. Kerman
`- Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?Bering Sea Bar & Brig

1
Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<tjrnds$qtj5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163156&group=rec.arts.tv#163156

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 18:10:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 18:10 UTC

In Chicago, robbers will rob you anywhere, and they just don't care if
there are police around.

A man, 77, was in his car outside his daughter's home, waiting to take his
grandson age 7 to school. Two men opened his car doors and put guns to
his head. He was robbed of his wallet and pulled from his car.

She lives across the street for a city-owned building that's used by
police officers who wait there during down times.

The victim yelled for help and police officers came to his aid.

There was an exchange of gunfire; an officer had minor injuries. The
robbers got away. The article isn't real clear but it sounds like the
victim's car was taken.

The family is shaken up but the timing is fortuitous as the other family
members hadn't come outside yet and weren't crime victims.

The police officers who came to his aid were part of the Detatched
Services Unit and are part of Lori Lightfoot's security detail. This
area is about a mile and a half from the mayor's home.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/11/01/mayor-lightfoots-police-detail-fires-shots-in-logan-square-after-grandfather-robbed-at-gunpoint/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/1/23434482/chicago-police-fire-shots-logan-square

Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<tjrutt$1jc1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163166&group=rec.arts.tv#163166

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 15:18:05 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:18 UTC

On 11/1/22 3:11 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 14:10:09 UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> In Chicago, robbers will rob you anywhere, and they just don't care if
>> there are police around.
>>
>> A man, 77, was in his car outside his daughter's home, waiting to take his
>> grandson age 7 to school. Two men opened his car doors and put guns to
>> his head. He was robbed of his wallet and pulled from his car.
>>
>> She lives across the street for a city-owned building that's used by
>> police officers who wait there during down times.
>>
>> The victim yelled for help and police officers came to his aid.
>>
>> There was an exchange of gunfire; an officer had minor injuries. The
>> robbers got away. The article isn't real clear but it sounds like the
>> victim's car was taken.
>>
>> The family is shaken up but the timing is fortuitous as the other family
>> members hadn't come outside yet and weren't crime victims.
>>
>> The police officers who came to his aid were part of the Detatched
>> Services Unit and are part of Lori Lightfoot's security detail. This
>> area is about a mile and a half from the mayor's home.
>>
>> https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/11/01/mayor-lightfoots-police-detail-fires-shots-in-logan-square-after-grandfather-robbed-at-gunpoint/
>>
>> https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/1/23434482/chicago-police-fire-shots-logan-square
>
> Well, at least the police responded and did something. Must be tough working under politicians who side with the criminals.

More shitposting.

Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<ROqdndHBUvXwGfz-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163169&group=rec.arts.tv#163169

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 20:41:17 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:41 UTC

On Nov 1, 2022 at 11:10:04 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> In Chicago, robbers will rob you anywhere, and they just don't care if
> there are police around.
>
> A man, 77, was in his car outside his daughter's home, waiting to take his
> grandson age 7 to school. Two men opened his car doors and put guns to
> his head. He was robbed of his wallet and pulled from his car.
>
> She lives across the street for a city-owned building that's used by
> police officers who wait there during down times.
>
> The victim yelled for help and police officers came to his aid.
>
> There was an exchange of gunfire; an officer had minor injuries. The
> robbers got away. The article isn't real clear but it sounds like the
> victim's car was taken.
>
> The family is shaken up but the timing is fortuitous as the other family
> members hadn't come outside yet and weren't crime victims.
>
> The police officers who came to his aid were part of the Detatched
> Services Unit and are part of Lori Lightfoot's security detail. This
> area is about a mile and a half from the mayor's home.
>

> https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/11/01/mayor-lightfoots-police-detail-fires-shots-in-logan-square-after-grandfather-robbed-at-gunpoint/
>

> https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/1/23434482/chicago-police-fire-shots-logan-square

Not sure what they can charge this teacher with. "Making threats of violence"
is only a viable charge when the offender communicates the threat to the
potential victim or a third party. If someone makes a 'kill list' and never
tells anyone about it, no crime is committed. Even telling someone the list
exists isn't enough. Unless someone *on* the list is told about it, it doesn't
qualify as a legally actionable threat.

-------------------------------
Chicago Teacher Arrested for Having 'Kill List' of Students and Teachers

An elementary school teacher from Indiana was arrested after she admitted to
having a "kill list" of students and teachers. The East Chicago Police
Department said that Angelica Carrasquillo-Torres, a fifth-grade teacher at
St. Stanislaus School, told one of her students that she was thinking about
killing herself, students, and other teachers.

She also told the student that she had a "kill list" and that they were near
the bottom of it.

The student told their guidance counselor about the conversation, and
Carrasquillo-Torres was called down to the office to speak with the principal
and assistant principal. She admitted that she did create a kill list but
refused to turn it over.

Carrasquillo-Torres was then told to leave the premises while officials called
the police.

"The East Chicago Police Department was not made aware of the situation until
4 hours later after the teacher was allowed to leave. Once Officers were
notified, they completed a report and notified the Criminal Investigation
Division," the department said in a statement on Facebook. "On Thursday,
October 13, 2022, the Criminal Investigation Division was able to obtain an
emergency detention order for the teacher from the Lake County Prosecutors
Office."

School officials said that Friday would be a remote learning day for students
and will provide a counselor for any students when they return to the
classroom.

"While we are still navigating this unimaginable event, we are grateful for
the teachers and staff who carefully and compassionately listen to the
concerns of students with respect for their well-being. We thank God for the
family culture of St. Stanislaus that provides students with an environment
where they feel safe sharing concerns and questions with teachers and staff,"
the school wrote on Facebook.

Officials have not said what charges Carrasquillo-Torres is facing.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2022-10-14-5th-grade-teacher-arrested-for-having-kill-list-of-students-and-teachers/

Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<4264fc42-0192-4a78-8513-45083855d51en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163170&group=rec.arts.tv#163170

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:43 UTC

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 1:10:09 PM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> In Chicago, robbers will rob you anywhere, and they just don't care if
> there are police around.
>
> A man, 77, was in his car outside his daughter's home, waiting to take his
> grandson age 7 to school. Two men opened his car doors and put guns to
> his head. He was robbed of his wallet and pulled from his car.
>
> She lives across the street for a city-owned building that's used by
> police officers who wait there during down times.
>
> The victim yelled for help and police officers came to his aid.
>
> There was an exchange of gunfire; an officer had minor injuries. The
> robbers got away. The article isn't real clear but it sounds like the
> victim's car was taken.
>
> The family is shaken up but the timing is fortuitous as the other family
> members hadn't come outside yet and weren't crime victims.
>
> The police officers who came to his aid were part of the Detatched

Detatched? Are they cops and landscapers?
Zayas the "victim", Puerto Rican, age in the 1970s would have been around 25
when my apartment was burglarized and I was robbed on the street as a 5th grader.

Zayas should have paid his drug debts.

> Services Unit and are part of Lori Lightfoot's security detail. This
> area is about a mile and a half from the mayor's home.
>
> https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/11/01/mayor-lightfoots-police-detail-fires-shots-in-logan-square-after-grandfather-robbed-at-gunpoint/
>
> https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/1/23434482/chicago-police-fire-shots-logan-square

Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<029ce1f2-59bd-4300-91f2-435443a7e217n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163172&group=rec.arts.tv#163172

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:49 UTC

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 3:43:47 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> October 13, 2022, the Criminal Investigation Division was able to obtain an
> emergency detention order for the teacher from the Lake County Prosecutors
> Office."
>
> School officials said that Friday would be a remote learning day for students
> and will provide a counselor for any students when they return to the
> classroom.
>
> "While we are still navigating this unimaginable event, we are grateful for
> the teachers and staff who carefully and compassionately listen to the
> concerns of students with respect for their well-being. We thank God for the
> family culture of St. Stanislaus that provides students with an environment
> where they feel safe sharing concerns and questions with teachers and staff,"
> the school wrote on Facebook.
>
> Officials have not said what charges Carrasquillo-Torres is facing.

This all happened in Indiana, Penceville.

Re: Just how bad have daylight robberies gotten in Chicago?

<tjt19e$115b6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163212&group=rec.arts.tv#163212

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 06:04:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 06:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Not sure what they can charge this teacher with. "Making threats of violence"
>is only a viable charge when the offender communicates the threat to the
>potential victim or a third party. If someone makes a 'kill list' and never
>tells anyone about it, no crime is committed. Even telling someone the list
>exists isn't enough. Unless someone *on* the list is told about it, it doesn't
>qualify as a legally actionable threat.

>-------------------------------
>Chicago Teacher Arrested for Having 'Kill List' of Students and Teachers

This is a 5th-grade teacher at a Catholic school in East Chicago
Indiana, not a public school teacher in Chicago Illinois.

>An elementary school teacher from Indiana was arrested after she admitted to
>having a "kill list" of students and teachers. The East Chicago Police
>Department said that Angelica Carrasquillo-Torres, a fifth-grade teacher at
>St. Stanislaus School, told one of her students that she was thinking about
>killing herself, students, and other teachers.

>She also told the student that she had a "kill list" and that they were near
>the bottom of it.

"I was teaching The Mikado."