It's better to be quotable than to be honest. -- Tom Stoppard

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (andRhino
+* Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the USsuzeeq
|+* Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the USRhino
||`- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)The Horny Goat
|+* Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)BTR1701
||+* Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the USsuzeeq
|||+* Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)BTR1701
|||`- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)Micky DuPree
||+- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the UStrotsky
||`- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the UStrotsky
|`- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the UStrotsky
`- Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)The Horny Goat

1
[OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk1htk$1ffg5$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163438&group=rec.arts.tv#163438

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and
Canada)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 19:12:48 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 23:12 UTC

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry

This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
and Justin Trudeau.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk1j2a$cjad$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163444&group=rec.arts.tv#163444

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US
(and Canada)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 16:32:27 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 23:32 UTC

On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>

> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
> and Justin Trudeau.

What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
their prices?

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk1m42$1ffg5$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163448&group=rec.arts.tv#163448

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:24:29 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 00:24 UTC

On 2022-11-03 7:32 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>
>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>

> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
> their prices?

If governments weren't going out of their way to stop oil companies from
doing what they do best, there'd be more competition to help bring the
price down. Europe is hurting for oil right now and Canada is capable of
producing lots but our virtue-signalling PM shows no interest and tries
to sell them our hydrogen-generating technology. We have a small pilot
project for generating green hydrogen from wind farms but that may not
even scale and certainly won't produce substantial energy for several
years - if ever - but THAT is what Trudeau tried to sell Chancellor
Scholz when he was here recently, NOT the oil and natural gas he WANTED
to buy (and needs desperately). Instead of getting ethical oil from
Canada, Scholz is reactivating coal mines and coal-fired electricity
generators - and Germany has particularly dirty brown coal.

People are LITERALLY going to be freezing to death this winter because
we wouldn't sell them the energy they needed so that we could brag about
our climate bona fides.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<OYydnbBxCdp-9Pn-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163453&group=rec.arts.tv#163453

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 01:24:51 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 01:24 UTC

On Nov 3, 2022 at 4:32:27 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>>
>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>

>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>

> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
> their prices?

Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while the
state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas prices,
it's Democrat politicians.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk26u2$dlsu$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163475&group=rec.arts.tv#163475

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 22:11:30 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:11 UTC

On 11/3/2022 6:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2022 at 4:32:27 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>>>
>>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>>

>>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>>

>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>> their prices?
>
> Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while the
> state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas prices,
> it's Democrat politicians.

Not entirely. Look up Katie Porter's explanation of why corporate
profits are contributing to over 50% of the inflation. And the state of
California has nothing to do with inflation in the UK and EU, but
multinational companies do.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<atropos-93F0ED.22260003112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163478&group=rec.arts.tv#163478

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 22:26:01 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 05:26 UTC

In article <tk26u2$dlsu$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 11/3/2022 6:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
> >> their prices?
> >
> > Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while
> > the state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas
> > prices, it's Democrat politicians.
>
> Not entirely. Look up Katie Porter's explanation of why corporate
> profits are contributing to over 50% of the inflation.

I have no interest in listening to yet another Democrat try and spin
away why we in California pay almost two bucks more per gallon than
people in the 49 other states. She's part of the Democrat cabal, er,
caucus that has imposed this insanity on us, so sure, she's gonna blame
anyone or anything other than herself for this crap.

The fact of the matter is they could have suspended the gas tax for a
year or so to provide relief from these insane gas prices-- like other
states did, even Democrat controlled states like New York-- and they
chose not to.

Instead Gavin Newsom (and apparently Porter as well) are running around
the state saying "If you're going bankrupt trying to drive to work and
back, look over there, and over there, and over there... anywhere but at
us and the fucked-up milieu of taxes and fees and regulations we've
imposed that have jacked your prices through the roof."

> And the state of California has nothing to do with inflation in the UK
> and EU, but multinational companies do.

I don't care what's happening in Europe. I don't live there.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<joe9mhd65h9iu836mrijn29k9t6s0v5alt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163482&group=rec.arts.tv#163482

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 03:18:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 07:18 UTC

On Thu, 03 Nov 2022 22:26:01 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <tk26u2$dlsu$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>> > Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while
>> > the state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas
>> > prices, it's Democrat politicians.
>>
>> Not entirely. Look up Katie Porter's explanation of why corporate
>> profits are contributing to over 50% of the inflation.
>
>I have no interest in listening to yet another Democrat try and spin
>away why we in California pay almost two bucks more per gallon than
>people in the 49 other states. She's part of the Democrat cabal, er,
>caucus that has imposed this insanity on us, so sure, she's gonna blame
>anyone or anything other than herself for this crap.

She's not talking about the extra money that Californians pay in
gasoline tax. That's a state matter where she is concerned with what
is affecting all of us. Basically what she points out is the increase
in corporate profits which is leading to much of the inflation in
prices we are seeing not just in the USA but around the world. As with
most of her presentations she's usually actual verifiable facts to
support her case and not just political rhetoric.

>The fact of the matter is they could have suspended the gas tax for a
>year or so to provide relief from these insane gas prices-- like other
>states did, even Democrat controlled states like New York-- and they
>chose not to.
>
>Instead Gavin Newsom (and apparently Porter as well) are running around
>the state saying "If you're going bankrupt trying to drive to work and
>back, look over there, and over there, and over there... anywhere but at
>us and the fucked-up milieu of taxes and fees and regulations we've
>imposed that have jacked your prices through the roof."

I haven't seen Porter address the gasoline tax issue which makes sense
as she's not in California state government and thus has no say in
what the California gasoline tax is. That's all on Newsome and the
state government.

>> And the state of California has nothing to do with inflation in the UK
>> and EU, but multinational companies do.
>
>I don't care what's happening in Europe. I don't live there.

Neither do I but I can at least see that if prices of basic goods are
going up around the world then the cause is likely to be something
outside the direct control of even the President of the USA. Otherwise
you are just howling into the wind and having just as much effect on
inflation if you aren't interested in the actual cause.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk2ljl$1e3c$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163489&group=rec.arts.tv#163489

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:21:57 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:21 UTC

On 11/3/22 6:41 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 November 2022 at 19:32:32 UTC-4, suzeeq wrote:
>> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>>

>>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>>

>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>> their prices?
>
> They didn't, price is determined by supply and demand and the 3 largest producer of natgas and oil was prevented/has shut down shipments. Less supply, prices go up. But it is also FED
> by insane environmental policies that gutted exploration for more product and development of delivery methods to increase production in a WORLD that needs more energy.

More shitposting. Energy companies are price gouging. Republicans
refused to vote for legislation to prevent price gouging from energy
companies. Right wing assholes are entirely to blame as usual.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk2lve$1oi8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163491&group=rec.arts.tv#163491

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:28:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:28 UTC

On 11/3/22 8:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2022 at 4:32:27 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>>>
>>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>>

>>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>>

>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>> their prices?
>
> Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while the
> state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas prices,
> it's Democrat politicians.

More shitposting. A state's revenue and an energy companies price
gouging are false equivalents. You're too stupid to be in the
discussion unfortunately. From two days ago:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/oil-companies-post-massive-profits-as-consumers-feel-squeeze-from-high-gas-prices

Oil companies post massive profits as consumers feel squeeze from high
gas prices

Read the article. Learn something. Stop shitposting. Or just admit
you're doing this to phish to be called a piece of shit just like Musk
is doing on Twitter.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk2m82$1rh2$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163493&group=rec.arts.tv#163493

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:32:50 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:32 UTC

On 11/3/22 10:11 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 November 2022 at 21:24:59 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>>> their prices?
>> Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while the
>> state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas prices,
>> it's Democrat politicians.
>
> Taxes are geared to price levels so the liberals LOVE it when the price of gas goes up. Additionally, CARBON taxes have been added which further extends the misery.

Pure shitposting.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tk2n1s$1rh2$11@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163502&group=rec.arts.tv#163502

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
(and Canada)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 04:46:36 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 09:46 UTC

On 11/4/22 12:26 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tk26u2$dlsu$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit while
>>> the state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the public on gas
>>> prices, it's Democrat politicians.
>>
>> Not entirely. Look up Katie Porter's explanation of why corporate
>> profits are contributing to over 50% of the inflation.
>
> I have no interest in listening to yet another Democrat try and spin
> away why we in California pay almost two bucks more per gallon than
> people in the 49 other states.

You should take the advice of uber right wing shitbag Ron Johnson of
Wisconsin: on the subject of abortion legislation in the state his
advice is "if you don't like it you can move." But you have the
stupidity to say "Democrat."

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<ul8hmhdf229kvbbhg4ic6r7dap5hklvcoh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163864&group=rec.arts.tv#163864

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 22:21:03 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 06:21 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 19:12:48 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>
>This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>and Justin Trudeau.

Thus proving he is both a very funny guy and a first rate journalist.

For those unfamiliar with Murphy he is a Jordan Peterson with a sense
of humor - and anyone familiar with the CBC (who is at least as left
as CNN but with enough integrity to bury rather than outright lie
about a news story that doesn't fit their narrative) will thereby
infer correctly that he is not on especially good terms with the
powers that be in the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation

He was probably about the last of the small-c conservatives to be
de-platformed by The Mother Corporation (tm)

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<mv8hmhda5537rahcgerjiosdrudij8imll@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163865&group=rec.arts.tv#163865

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 22:26:35 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 06:26 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:24:29 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2022-11-03 7:32 PM, suzeeq wrote:
>> On 11/3/2022 4:12 PM, Rhino wrote:
>>> https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-energy-crisis-the-inconvenient-consequence-of-demonizing-the-oil-and-gas-industry
>>>
>>> This is a scathing - and well-deserved! - indictment of both Joe Biden
>>> and Justin Trudeau.
>>>

>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>> their prices?
>
>If governments weren't going out of their way to stop oil companies from
>doing what they do best, there'd be more competition to help bring the
>price down. Europe is hurting for oil right now and Canada is capable of
>producing lots but our virtue-signalling PM shows no interest and tries
>to sell them our hydrogen-generating technology. We have a small pilot
>project for generating green hydrogen from wind farms but that may not
>even scale and certainly won't produce substantial energy for several
>years - if ever - but THAT is what Trudeau tried to sell Chancellor
>Scholz when he was here recently, NOT the oil and natural gas he WANTED
>to buy (and needs desperately). Instead of getting ethical oil from
>Canada, Scholz is reactivating coal mines and coal-fired electricity
>generators - and Germany has particularly dirty brown coal.
>
>People are LITERALLY going to be freezing to death this winter because
>we wouldn't sell them the energy they needed so that we could brag about
>our climate bona fides.

Sorry - but you're mistaken on one key point. The reason there has
been no discussion of shipping oil and natural gas to Europe is that
the government of Quebec trying to paint itself green (rather than
sovereignist blue) has told Ottawa that they will NOT allow Ottawa to
ram pipelines (which are federal not provincial jurisdiction) across
Quebec meaning that Canada has no pipelines to Halifax and other east
coast ports.

Durned right Canada has enough of both oil and natural gas to supply
Europe and cause Putin immense financial loss - but they can't or
won't get the pipelines built purely for domestic political reasons.
The fact that Justin Trudeau has acquiesced in this rather than saying
'Ottawa not Quebec City has the authority to get these pipelines
built' is one of several good reasons he is not fit to rule the
country.

Re: [OT] Rex Murphy nails the gist of the energy crisis in the US (and Canada)

<tl5tqa$c29$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165135&group=rec.arts.tv#165135

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:16:42 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:16 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

> On 11/3/2022 6:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>> On Nov 3, 2022 at 4:32:27 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> What about the oil companies who are more responsible for jacking up
>>> their prices?
>>
>> Once again, Exxon and Shell make about $0.22 cents/gallon in profit
>> while the state of California makes $1.50. If anyone's gouging the
>> public on gas prices, it's Democrat politicians.
>
> Not entirely. Look up Katie Porter's explanation of why corporate
> profits are contributing to over 50% of the inflation. And the state
> of California has nothing to do with inflation in the UK and EU, but
> multinational companies do.

The oil companies are behaving as a de facto cartel, not as free-market
competitors.

-Micky