Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)BTR1701
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

<UBI20221103@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163506&group=rec.arts.tv#163506

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 08:30 UTC

I watched:

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Nightmare In Antelope". Zak and the crew travel to the Antelope Valley
in Sacramento, California, to confront a demonic entity that's tearing
a family apart. Zak believes an exorcism may be the only way to save
them from the dark and powerful forces plaguing their home. Ugh.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Painted Lady Brothel". The crew travels to Albuquerque, NM, to
investigate the Swastica Inn, a former brothel and saloon inhabited by
an aggressive male spirit. The vicious entity pushes the guys to their
limits as they try to get to the bottom of the haunting and save the
owner from further harm. I lost almost all interest when the owner
described his ghostly attacks as a classical case of sleep paralysis.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Lost Souls of Kingman".
Zak and the crew investigate an Arizona high school plagued by troubling
paranormal experiences.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"The Comedy Store". The GAC are in West Hollywood, California
investigating the historic and World Famous Comedy Store.

It's a shame this wasn't what they played on Halloween!

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

<1281365704.689273681.894861.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163552&group=rec.arts.tv#163552

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 10:00:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 17:00 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I watched season one and about half of season two of FEAR THE WALKING FRED
on the Hulu.

The main character is this androgynous (I thought it was a girl but they
use male pronouns) runaway heroin addict in Los Angeles. Why would I
possibly care if he/she survives the first day of the zombie apocalypse? A
teenager who will later turn out to be an expert in all illegal drugs and
their manufacture and modification played by a 30 year old with a receding
hairline.

His first act is to murder his best friend/dealer. He looks like an
effeminate Johnny Depp.

The obnoxious religious lawyer from JAG that I never liked gets one scene
before he’s killed and ZOMBIFIED. So that was at least fun.

The main family is a bottle blonde white mother (Who will still have the
same amount of black root after months of the apocalypse), a female Johnny
Depp son, his dark-haired little sister, her black boyfriend, and their
Māori (!) stepfather And his Hispanic ex-wife and their massively useless
son. The family across the street looks like the same kind of mix.

They scavenge the school for food and drugs and then completely forgot the
cart full they were pushing when they left

She found enough drugs to take her heroin addicted son out into the desert
and detox him which is interesting that they just have that in a supply
locker unrefrigerated in a high school and that she somehow got it home
given that she forgot it and left it back at the school.

I do like where the Los Angeles mob attacks the police for shooting
zombies, which ends up getting them all killed

They will spend the first several episodes of season two on an absolutely
fabulous $10 million yacht. But eventually they’ll just end up wandering
around on foot again doing stupid things wherever they find themselves.

There’s not one of them I don’t want dead which is no way to stalk the show
with watchable characters.

I tried to watch a couple things on Paramount+ but the site just errors out
entirely.

Over on the Peacock I watched the pilot episode for ROBOCOP THE SERIES with
Andrea Roth as the worlds cutest ghost and Yvette Nipar as the worlds
cutest cop buddy. I never really watched this before so I didn’t realize
it’s apparently supposed to be funny. It’s not funny but not for lack of
trying. The completely dysfunctional society they’re describing that nobody
is supposed to believe could ever happen pretty much matches the Bidenverse
entirely.

SURVIVOR
Boring. It was interesting when the one legged girl took off her prosthetic
to try and make it through a tight squeeze in the obstacle course!

Episodes two, three, and four of LAS VEGAS. Delinda gets naked and dumps
Danny! And Nessa finally gets a plot line.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

<atropos-A6AB14.13490304112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163568&group=rec.arts.tv#163568

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 13:49:03 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 20:49 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> > I watched:
> >

> > What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> I watched season one and about half of season two of FEAR THE WALKING FRED
> on the Hulu.
>
> The main character is this androgynous (I thought it was a girl but they
> use male pronouns) runaway heroin addict in Los Angeles. Why would I
> possibly care if he/she survives the first day of the zombie apocalypse? A
> teenager who will later turn out to be an expert in all illegal drugs and
> their manufacture and modification played by a 30 year old with a receding
> hairline.
>
> His first act is to murder his best friend/dealer. He looks like an
> effeminate Johnny Depp.
>
> The obnoxious religious lawyer from JAG that I never liked gets one scene
> before he's killed and ZOMBIFIED. So that was at least fun.
>
> The main family is a bottle blonde white mother (who will still have the
> same amount of black root after months of the apocalypse), a female Johnny
> Depp son, his dark-haired little sister, her black boyfriend, and their
> Māori (!) stepfather

I remember Maori Dad being an enlightened wimp afraid of guns and didn't
want them in the house. With zombies running about? Good grief.

> I do like where the Los Angeles mob attacks the police for shooting
> zombies, which ends up getting them all killed
>
> They will spend the first several episodes of season two on an absolutely
> fabulous $10 million yacht. But eventually they'll just end up wandering
> around on foot again doing stupid things wherever they find themselves.
>
> There's not one of them I don't want dead which is no way to stalk the show
> with watchable characters.

Some thoughts that I remember having about the show when it first aired:

The army managed to build a pretty significant fence around huge
sections of Los Angeles in a relatively short amount of time, which kept
literally every zombie out, even though we're constantly told walls are
both racist and ineffective.

The family's neighborhood enclave is one of twelve or so across L.A.,
with the army guys telling everyone that the rest of the city is "dead".
Given that news, everyone inexplicably seemed to take the deaths of the
other 14 million people around them pretty damn well.

Then there was the implication that the military was basically executing
everyone outside the fence. Mom goes on walkabout and finds non-zed
people shot in the head, and at the end, we see the guy across the
valley who had been signaling with a mirror get raided in a hail of
gunfire.

So why was the army killing everyone? Did they just decide the city was
lost and implemented a scorched earth policy? If so, why bother with the
fenced neighborhoods? Why weren't they killing off the folks in there,
too?

And my biggest problem with the first season of the show was: where were
all the zeds? They have this huge fence full of tasty humans, 14 million
people who are unaccounted for, and not one walker to be seen anywhere.
Had the army literally killed everyone else in Los Angeles?

I wouldn't have minded it so much if we actually got some zombie action
here and there, but it was like they forgot to include the zombies in
this zombie show. What it turned into was just a bunch of people forced
to live jammed into a house together and constantly bickering with each
other (when they weren't off screwing in various vehicles).

The the military suddenly started packing up and pulling out. Why?
Looked to me like they'd won the war. Nothing moved on the streets, the
city was mostly intact. Compared to what we saw of Atlanta in the first
season of WALKING DEAD, Los Angeles came through this thing with flying
colors.

Pull out, my ass. They should have relocated the nation's capital to
L.A. and fly in the president and the rest of the government.

If that was really how the undead apocalypse is gonna unfold in L.A., I
think I've got it handled.

I also remember wanting to know how they managed to follow the L.A.
River and end up in Palos Verdes. It don't go there! And why they felt
the need to pretend Catalina Island was something else, calling it
Cristina Island. The small city they showed was clearly Avalon, so why
not just call it what it is?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

<1994129066.689290427.509533.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163579&group=rec.arts.tv#163579

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:43:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 21:43 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1281365704.689273681.894861.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I watched season one and about half of season two of FEAR THE WALKING FRED
>> on the Hulu.
>>
>> The main character is this androgynous (I thought it was a girl but they
>> use male pronouns) runaway heroin addict in Los Angeles. Why would I
>> possibly care if he/she survives the first day of the zombie apocalypse? A
>> teenager who will later turn out to be an expert in all illegal drugs and
>> their manufacture and modification played by a 30 year old with a receding
>> hairline.
>>
>> His first act is to murder his best friend/dealer. He looks like an
>> effeminate Johnny Depp.
>>
>> The obnoxious religious lawyer from JAG that I never liked gets one scene
>> before he's killed and ZOMBIFIED. So that was at least fun.
>>
>> The main family is a bottle blonde white mother (who will still have the
>> same amount of black root after months of the apocalypse), a female Johnny
>> Depp son, his dark-haired little sister, her black boyfriend, and their
>> Māori (!) stepfather
>
> I remember Maori Dad being an enlightened wimp afraid of guns and didn't
> want them in the house. With zombies running about? Good grief.

Yeah, he objected to the barber teaching his soon to be psychopathic son
how to use a weapon when they’re under siege.

>> I do like where the Los Angeles mob attacks the police for shooting
>> zombies, which ends up getting them all killed
>>
>> They will spend the first several episodes of season two on an absolutely
>> fabulous $10 million yacht. But eventually they'll just end up wandering
>> around on foot again doing stupid things wherever they find themselves.
>>
>> There's not one of them I don't want dead which is no way to stalk the show
>> with watchable characters.
>
> Some thoughts that I remember having about the show when it first aired:
>
> The army managed to build a pretty significant fence around huge
> sections of Los Angeles in a relatively short amount of time, which kept
> literally every zombie out, even though we're constantly told walls are
> both racist and ineffective.
>
> The family's neighborhood enclave is one of twelve or so across L.A.,
> with the army guys telling everyone that the rest of the city is "dead".
> Given that news, everyone inexplicably seemed to take the deaths of the
> other 14 million people around them pretty damn well.
>
> Then there was the implication that the military was basically executing
> everyone outside the fence. Mom goes on walkabout and finds non-zed
> people shot in the head, and at the end, we see the guy across the
> valley who had been signaling with a mirror get raided in a hail of
> gunfire.
>
> So why was the army killing everyone? Did they just decide the city was
> lost and implemented a scorched earth policy? If so, why bother with the
> fenced neighborhoods? Why weren't they killing off the folks in there,
> too?

I never figured out what the army was doing or why the people objected no
matter what the army was doing. I

> And my biggest problem with the first season of the show was: where were
> all the zeds? They have this huge fence full of tasty humans, 14 million
> people who are unaccounted for, and not one walker to be seen anywhere.
> Had the army literally killed everyone else in Los Angeles?

And disposed of the bodies? The bodies in the street made the place look
like Anchorage in Alaska daily.

> I wouldn't have minded it so much if we actually got some zombie action
> here and there, but it was like they forgot to include the zombies in
> this zombie show. What it turned into was just a bunch of people forced
> to live jammed into a house together and constantly bickering with each
> other (when they weren't off screwing in various vehicles).
>
> The the military suddenly started packing up and pulling out. Why?
> Looked to me like they'd won the war. Nothing moved on the streets, the
> city was mostly intact. Compared to what we saw of Atlanta in the first
> season of WALKING DEAD, Los Angeles came through this thing with flying
> colors.
>
> Pull out, my ass. They should have relocated the nation's capital to
> L.A. and fly in the president and the rest of the government.
>
> If that was really how the undead apocalypse is gonna unfold in L.A., I
> think I've got it handled.
>
> I also remember wanting to know how they managed to follow the L.A.
> River and end up in Palos Verdes. It don't go there!

It’s those wacky Canadians again. The LA River dumps into the great Seaport
of Metropolis Kansas.

And why they felt
> the need to pretend Catalina Island was something else, calling it
> Cristina Island. The small city they showed was clearly Avalon, so why
> not just call it what it is?

The guy on the radio who was talking to little sister on the yacht called
it Catalina when he was tricking their position out of her.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-03 (Thursday)

<eo2dnXq7QPE-Dvv-nZ2dnZfqnPsAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163659&group=rec.arts.tv#163659

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>I watched season one and about half of season two of FEAR THE WALKING FRED
>on the Hulu.
>
>The main character is this androgynous (I thought it was a girl but they
>use male pronouns) runaway heroin addict in Los Angeles. Why would I
>possibly care if he/she survives the first day of the zombie apocalypse? A
>teenager who will later turn out to be an expert in all illegal drugs and
>their manufacture and modification played by a 30 year old with a receding
>hairline.
>
>His first act is to murder his best friend/dealer. He looks like an
>effeminate Johnny Depp.
>
>The obnoxious religious lawyer from JAG that I never liked gets one scene
>before he's killed and ZOMBIFIED. So that was at least fun.
>
>The main family is a bottle blonde white mother (Who will still have the
>same amount of black root after months of the apocalypse), a female Johnny
>Depp son, his dark-haired little sister, her black boyfriend, and their
>Māori (!) stepfather And his Hispanic ex-wife and their massively useless
>son. The family across the street looks like the same kind of mix.
>
>They scavenge the school for food and drugs and then completely forgot the
>cart full they were pushing when they left
>
>She found enough drugs to take her heroin addicted son out into the desert
>and detox him which is interesting that they just have that in a supply
>locker unrefrigerated in a high school and that she somehow got it home
>given that she forgot it and left it back at the school.
>
>I do like where the Los Angeles mob attacks the police for shooting
>zombies, which ends up getting them all killed
>
>They will spend the first several episodes of season two on an absolutely
>fabulous $10 million yacht. But eventually they'll just end up wandering
>around on foot again doing stupid things wherever they find themselves.
>
>There's not one of them I don't want dead which is no way to stalk the show
>with watchable characters.

I must been experienced some extended deja vu because I remember you making
these comments on RAT-U when the show first came out!

--
Let's go Brandon!