Are you a turtle?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Yeah, this is particularly damning.

SubjectAuthor
* Yeah, this is particularly damning.trotsky
+* Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.Ubiquitous
|+* Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.The Horny Goat
||+- Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.anim8rfsk
||`- Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.The Horny Goat
| `- Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.shawn
`- Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.trotsky

1
Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<tk6iv9$b1p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163684&group=rec.arts.tv#163684

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Yeah, this is particularly damning.
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 16:01:29 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 21:01 UTC

MeidasTouch
@MeidasTouch

It turns out MAGA is very upset with this video. Perhaps they should be
more upset with the people in the video.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1588782891013898240?s=20&t=1F7uCP2U7QEQZnFk_-2zIw

Video accompanies tweet, which I'm betting the right wing guys won't
even be able to watch.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<COWdnVLKAZW-KvT-nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163989&group=rec.arts.tv#163989

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 20:50:10 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 01:50 UTC

On Monday, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre warned
Americans that they might not know the winners of the elections in
which they voted �for a few days.�

Many complaints have been lodged in states that the vote-counting
process has taken much longer than it should; some states have proven
far more efficient at the process. For example, in 2020, Florida was
praised for having installed new technology that let the results be
tallied in hours rather than days.

�When you look at what�s going on in some of the other states right
now, where there is uncertainty, at least Floridians can put their
heads on their pillow and know Florida got it right this time,� WPTV
political analyst Brian Crowley asserted.

But Jean-Pierre insisted that it could take days for the results across
the nation to be tallied. �I also just want to note � as you all know
because you guys have covered this these past couple of years in 2022
�it took two weeks to call every state,� she warned. �In modern
elections, more and more ballots are being cast in early voting and
also by mail. And many states don�t start counting those ballots until
after the polls close on November 8.�

She then turned to President Biden�s similar warning: �So you heard the
president say this the other night, he has been very clear on this as
well: We may not know all the winners of elections for a few days. It
takes time to count all legitimate ballots in a legal and orderly
manner.�

�That�s how this is supposed to work, and it�s important for us to all
be patient while votes are being counted,� she preached. �This is not
just for all of you but this is for all the folks who are watching and
so I think it�s important just to remind folks that something that
people should be mindful of as well.�

Jean-Pierre: "We may not know all the winners of elections
for a few days. It takes time to count all legitimate ballots
in a legal and orderly manner. That's how this is supposed to
work."pic.twitter.com/gVeDhlw456

� Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) November 7, 2022

On November 2, Biden declared, �We know that more and more ballots are
cast in early voting or by mail in America. And we know that many
states don�t start counting those ballots until after the polls close
on November 8. That means, in some cases, we won�t know the winner of
the election for a few days � until after a few days after the
election.�

Biden also said:

The extreme MAGA element of the Republican Party � which is a minority
of that party, as I said earlier, but is its driving force � is trying
to succeed where they failed in 2020 to suppress the rights of voters
and subvert the electoral system itself. That means denying your right
to vote and deciding whether your vote even counts. Instead of waiting
until an election is over, they�re starting well before it. They are
starting now. They�ve emboldened violence and intimidation of voters
and election officials.

["A few days"? Damn, the left aren't even bothering to hide it, are
they?]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<tkdar7$j1a$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164007&group=rec.arts.tv#164007

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 04:25:43 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 10:25 UTC

On 11/7/22 8:28 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 November 2022 at 17:01:34 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> MeidasTouch
>> @MeidasTouch
>>
>> It turns out MAGA is very upset with this video. Perhaps they should be
>> more upset with the people in the video.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1588782891013898240?s=20&t=1F7uCP2U7QEQZnFk_-2zIw
>>

>> Video accompanies tweet, which I'm betting the right wing guys won't
>> even be able to watch.
>
> Cherry-picking just smacks of desperation.

Wow, Eunuch "Rich" in the old days you were capable of coming up with
something relevant once in a while, now it's never. Sad.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<5enumh1dihkq9gsr028iv2bd1b79lmcn1m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164460&group=rec.arts.tv#164460

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:51:20 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:51 UTC

On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 20:50:10 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>But Jean-Pierre insisted that it could take days for the results across
>the nation to be tallied. “I also just want to note — as you all know
>because you guys have covered this these past couple of years in 2022
>—it took two weeks to call every state,” she warned. “In modern
>elections, more and more ballots are being cast in early voting and
>also by mail. And many states don’t start counting those ballots until
>after the polls close on November 8.”

I've always wondered why what we call 'advance votes' and what you
call 'early votes' couldn't be counted BEFORE election day with the
counters sworn to secrecy (with heavy penalties for leakers) with the
usual safeguards concerning recounts etc.

I've both worked on polls as had my son (not in the same years) and
have never had a really good answer on this.

The idea it should take 1-2 weeks to count an election in a
non-recount situation is completely ridiculous. I've done it twice and
never taken more than 3 hours either time. Admittedly both elections
were won by a large enough margin they didn't go to recount.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<fmnumhp35rcmpov9opnjjts9357m7f9c6d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164461&group=rec.arts.tv#164461

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:53:55 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:53 UTC

wrote:

>The extreme MAGA element of the Republican Party — which is a minority
>of that party, as I said earlier, but is its driving force — is trying
>to succeed where they failed in 2020 to suppress the rights of voters
>and subvert the electoral system itself. That means denying your right
>to vote and deciding whether your vote even counts. Instead of waiting
>until an election is over, they’re starting well before it. They are
>starting now. They’ve emboldened violence and intimidation of voters
>and election officials.

If that's proven to be going on then a judge needs to get to a warm-up
cage to warm up their pitching arm to throw the proverbial book.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<glsumh1ufupc79dn43iuqpj8n4banvca7e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164466&group=rec.arts.tv#164466

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:23:07 -0500
 by: shawn - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:23 UTC

On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:53:55 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 20:50:10 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>wrote:
>
>>The extreme MAGA element of the Republican Party — which is a minority
>>of that party, as I said earlier, but is its driving force — is trying
>>to succeed where they failed in 2020 to suppress the rights of voters
>>and subvert the electoral system itself. That means denying your right
>>to vote and deciding whether your vote even counts. Instead of waiting
>>until an election is over, they’re starting well before it. They are
>>starting now. They’ve emboldened violence and intimidation of voters
>>and election officials.
>
>If that's proven to be going on then a judge needs to get to a warm-up
>cage to warm up their pitching arm to throw the proverbial book.

I would say it has but in a limited form. There were various armed
people "guarding" the lock boxes in Arizona until they were ordered to
move away. Presumably for the simple reason that some people might be
intimidated by coming up to a drop box and seeing an armed individual
nearby.
Though we also have a number of people in the media already
suggesting that the voting age be raised. Most are suggesting it be
raised to 21 but there was even one right wing pundit suggesting the
voting age be raised to 28. All because they see these younger voters
as being brain washed and needing more time to come to their senses
(as in decide that voting Republican is the right thing.) Even Fox
News talking heads got in on the issue without suggesting the voting
age be raised but they did talk about young voters being brain washed.
Not that I think the idea is going anywhere as it would be tough to do
since it requires changing the Constitution and would be likely to
turn young voters against the people pushing for such a move.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<1812329762.689971391.555045.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164531&group=rec.arts.tv#164531

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:58:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:58 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Nov 2022 20:50:10 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> But Jean-Pierre insisted that it could take days for the results across
>> the nation to be tallied. “I also just want to note — as you all know
>> because you guys have covered this these past couple of years in 2022
>> —it took two weeks to call every state,” she warned. “In modern
>> elections, more and more ballots are being cast in early voting and
>> also by mail. And many states don’t start counting those ballots until
>> after the polls close on November 8.”
>>
> I've always wondered why what we call 'advance votes' and what you
> call 'early votes' couldn't be counted BEFORE election day with the
> counters sworn to secrecy (with heavy penalties for leakers) with the
> usual safeguards concerning recounts etc.
>
> I've both worked on polls as had my son (not in the same years) and
> have never had a really good answer on this.
>
> The idea it should take 1-2 weeks to count an election in a
> non-recount situation is completely ridiculous. I've done it twice and
> never taken more than 3 hours either time. Admittedly both elections
> were won by a large enough margin they didn't go to recount.

Day four and they’ve only counted 80% of our votes and the contest for
governor, for instance, is one percentage point apart despite the fake news
claiming the Democrat a clear winner on election eve, 60/40, and mocking
the Republican for saying that once they actually counted the votes she’d
catch up.

And you wonder why we question election results?

At least they’ve declared the guy who says “these people” use abortion as a
form of demonic ritual sacrifice a loser.

Re: Yeah, this is particularly damning.

<tktdeq$1odg3$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164682&group=rec.arts.tv#164682

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:30:46 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>But Jean-Pierre insisted that it could take days for the results across
>>the nation to be tallied. �I also just want to note � as you all know
>>because you guys have covered this these past couple of years in 2022
>>�it took two weeks to call every state,� she warned. �In modern
>>elections, more and more ballots are being cast in early voting and
>>also by mail. And many states don�t start counting those ballots until
>>after the polls close on November 8.�
>
>I've always wondered why what we call 'advance votes' and what you
>call 'early votes' couldn't be counted BEFORE election day with the
>counters sworn to secrecy (with heavy penalties for leakers) with the
>usual safeguards concerning recounts etc.

People who participate in early voting probably should have their voting
privs revoked.

>The idea it should take 1-2 weeks to count an election in a
>non-recount situation is completely ridiculous. I've done it twice and
>never taken more than 3 hours either time. Admittedly both elections
>were won by a large enough margin they didn't go to recount.

Florida should be the model, but let's be honest, leftists like it thsi way.

--
Let's go Brandon!