There are more things in heaven and earth than any place else.

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)Your Name
`* Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)Jonathan
 +* Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)Dimensional Traveler
 |`* Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)Jonathan
 | `- Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)J. Clarke
 `- Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)Paul S Person

1
[NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<s6vn14$7o9$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#164

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 15:15:48 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 6 May 2021 03:15 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

Sleep Is Survival in Netflix's Awake Trailer Starring Gina Rodriguez
Netflix has released the official trailer for their upcoming sci-fi
drama Awake, starring Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the
Virgin) and directed Mark Raso (Kodachrome, Copenhagen) who co-wrote
the screenplay alongside Joseph Raso from a story by Gregory
Poirier. Rodriguez stars as an ex-soldier with a troubled past, who
may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter after a
global event inflicts insomnia upon humankind.

Global hysteria ensues after a mysterious catastrophe wipes out all
electronics and takes away humanity's ability to sleep. Scientists
race against the clock to find a cure for the unexplained insomnia
before its fatal effects eliminate the human race. When Jill, a
former soldier, discovers her young daughter may be the key to
salvation, she must decide: protect her children at all costs or
sacrifice everything to save the world.

Watch the official trailer below:

Trailer: (2mins 19secs)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuowcxdrYc>

Awake also stars Ariana Greenblatt, Frances Fisher, Shamier
Anderson, Finn Jones, Lucius Hoyos, Gil Bellows, with Barry Pepper
and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

The movie will release on the streamer on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1172363-sleep-is-survival-in-netflixs-awake-trailer-starring-gina-rodriguez>

Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<mIWdnf9pfb6LATr9nZ2dnUU7-b-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#165

Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
From: LSA...@UMich.edu (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 07:40:06 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 21 May 2021 11:40 UTC

On 5/5/2021 11:15 PM, Your Name wrote:

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

>    Sleep Is Survival in Netflix's Awake Trailer Starring Gina Rodriguez
>    --------------------------------------------------------------------
>    Netflix has released the official trailer for their upcoming sci-fi
>    drama Awake, starring Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the
>    Virgin) and directed Mark Raso (Kodachrome, Copenhagen) who co-wrote
>    the screenplay alongside Joseph Raso from a story by Gregory
>    Poirier. Rodriguez stars as an ex-soldier with a troubled past, who
>    may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter after a
>    global event inflicts insomnia upon humankind.
>
>    Global hysteria ensues after a mysterious catastrophe wipes out all
>    electronics and takes away humanity's ability to sleep.

I've gone two years at a stretch without sleeping.
Not a big deal, in fact now I consider sleeping
an enormous waste of time.

Napping is fine though, love that.

--
https://twitter.com/Non_Linear1

Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<s88bss$j5a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#166

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 06:17:17 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 21 May 2021 13:17 UTC

On 5/21/2021 4:40 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 5/5/2021 11:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>
>>  From ComingSoon.net ...
>>

>>     Sleep Is Survival in Netflix's Awake Trailer Starring Gina Rodriguez
>>     --------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Netflix has released the official trailer for their upcoming sci-fi
>>     drama Awake, starring Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the
>>     Virgin) and directed Mark Raso (Kodachrome, Copenhagen) who co-wrote
>>     the screenplay alongside Joseph Raso from a story by Gregory
>>     Poirier. Rodriguez stars as an ex-soldier with a troubled past, who
>>     may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter after a
>>     global event inflicts insomnia upon humankind.
>>
>>     Global hysteria ensues after a mysterious catastrophe wipes out all
>>     electronics and takes away humanity's ability to sleep.
>

> I've gone two years at a stretch without sleeping.
> Not a big deal, in fact now I consider sleeping
> an enormous waste of time.
>
> Napping is fine though, love that.

Napping IS sleeping idiot. Its also a biological necessity for humans,
you'd be dead long before two years if you never slept.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<h4qdnVF5C-JqUzr9nZ2dnUU7-b3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#167

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
From: LSA...@UMich.edu (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 11:17:10 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 21 May 2021 15:17 UTC

On 5/21/2021 9:17 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/21/2021 4:40 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>> On 5/5/2021 11:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>>
>>>  From ComingSoon.net ...
>>>

>>>     Sleep Is Survival in Netflix's Awake Trailer Starring Gina Rodriguez
>>>     --------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>     Netflix has released the official trailer for their upcoming sci-fi
>>>     drama Awake, starring Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the
>>>     Virgin) and directed Mark Raso (Kodachrome, Copenhagen) who co-wrote
>>>     the screenplay alongside Joseph Raso from a story by Gregory
>>>     Poirier. Rodriguez stars as an ex-soldier with a troubled past, who
>>>     may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter after a
>>>     global event inflicts insomnia upon humankind.
>>>
>>>     Global hysteria ensues after a mysterious catastrophe wipes out all
>>>     electronics and takes away humanity's ability to sleep.
>>

>> I've gone two years at a stretch without sleeping.
>> Not a big deal, in fact now I consider sleeping
>> an enormous waste of time.
>>
>> Napping is fine though, love that.
>>
> Napping IS sleeping idiot.  Its also a biological necessity for humans,
> you'd be dead long before two years if you never slept.

That's what I thought too, but it's not true. I went
two years, and routinely go months at a time, without
actually falling asleep.

The insomnia started when I quit smoking about 12 years ago.
While I was smoking I slept 6 hours a night like clockwork.
More recently though I've been falling asleep for a
couple hours most nights.

Napping is technically a short period of sleep, since
I don't sleep during the day at all I shouldn't call it
a nap, but closing my eyes and day-dreaming instead.

I've learned to enjoy the long nights, day-dreaming
about math and politics 'n stuff.

"Dreams—are well—but Waking’s better,
If One wake at morn
If One wake at Midnight—better
Dreaming—of the Dawn"

~ E Dickinson

--
https://twitter.com/Non_Linear1

Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<48nfag9h9e3e912gdlsa07m5kaecdvg3ii@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#168

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 09:17:39 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Fri, 21 May 2021 16:17 UTC

On Fri, 21 May 2021 07:40:06 -0400, Jonathan <LSA@UMich.edu> wrote:

>On 5/5/2021 11:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>>

>>    Sleep Is Survival in Netflix's Awake Trailer Starring Gina Rodriguez
>>    --------------------------------------------------------------------
>>    Netflix has released the official trailer for their upcoming sci-fi
>>    drama Awake, starring Golden Globe winner Gina Rodriguez (Jane the
>>    Virgin) and directed Mark Raso (Kodachrome, Copenhagen) who co-wrote
>>    the screenplay alongside Joseph Raso from a story by Gregory
>>    Poirier. Rodriguez stars as an ex-soldier with a troubled past, who
>>    may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter after a
>>    global event inflicts insomnia upon humankind.
>>
>>    Global hysteria ensues after a mysterious catastrophe wipes out all
>>    electronics and takes away humanity's ability to sleep.
>

>I've gone two years at a stretch without sleeping.
>Not a big deal, in fact now I consider sleeping
>an enormous waste of time.

Well, /that/ explains a lot.

>Napping is fine though, love that.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)

<v87gag1m68t9crgpqoeubfcmoqes9sdeoh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#169

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 16:53:05 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Fri, 21 May 2021 20:53 UTC

On Fri, 21 May 2021 11:17:10 -0400, Jonathan <LSA@UMich.edu> wrote:

>On 5/21/2021 9:17 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> I've gone two years at a stretch without sleeping.
>>> Not a big deal, in fact now I consider sleeping
>>> an enormous waste of time.
>>>
>>> Napping is fine though, love that.
>>>
>> Napping IS sleeping idiot.  Its also a biological necessity for humans,
>> you'd be dead long before two years if you never slept.
>>

>That's what I thought too, but it's not true. I went
>two years, and routinely go months at a time, without
>actually falling asleep.
>
>The insomnia started when I quit smoking about 12 years ago.
>While I was smoking I slept 6 hours a night like clockwork.
>More recently though I've been falling asleep for a
>couple hours most nights.
>
>Napping is technically a short period of sleep, since
>I don't sleep during the day at all I shouldn't call it
>a nap, but closing my eyes and day-dreaming instead.
>
>I've learned to enjoy the long nights, day-dreaming
>about math and politics 'n stuff.
>

> "Dreams—are well—but Waking’s better,
> If One wake at morn
> If One wake at Midnight—better
> Dreaming—of the Dawn"
>

>~ E Dickinson

Gawd, I'm responding to Jonathan. Ghu help me.

My dad never slept. This was very well known. He would tell anybody.
He quit telling people that though after I made a tape recording of
him snoring loudly enough to wake the dead.

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / [NEWS] "Awake" trailer (sci-fi drama)