Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.whine
Subject: The New York Times Gets Brutally Mocked After Releasing Guide On How To "Cope" With Election Results
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 20:33:23 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 01:33 UTC

The New York Times was mocked Tuesday evening after publishing advice
on how people can "cope" with the results of the midterm elections,
which included telling readers to "breathe like a baby."

The Times tweeted out a graphic instructing readers to try the
following five tips "to soothe election stress":

� Try five-finger breathing. Trace the outside of your hand with your
pointer finger. When you trace up, breathe in, and when you trace
down, breathe out.

� Cool down. Plunge your face into a bowl with ice water for 15 to 30
seconds.

� Move. Even a walk around the block can offer some relief for an
uneasy mind.

� Breathe like a baby. Focus on expanding your belly as you breathe,
which can send more oxygen to the brain.

� Limit your scrolling. Consider plotting out specific times when you
will look for election updates.

"Maybe you shouldn't have spent six months convincing your gullible
readers that democracy will end if their party loses," radio host Dan
O'Donnell responded.

"See? They know. It's bad," political commentator Mike Cernovich
tweeted. "NYT knows it's time to accept defeat. God help them if they
try to cheat. It will be so obvious."

New York Post reporter Jon Levine tweeted, "Could you imagine
conservative media talking to their readers this way."

"This is embarrassing," journalist Andy Ngo tweeted.

Writer Mark Hemingway responded, "Well, you can't say the NYT doesn't
know its subscriber base."

"If you're plunging your face into a bowl of ice water because of the
NYT election needle, I think you might want to talk to somebody,"
journalist Ben Dreyfuss tweeted.

"The polls haven't closed yet and we've already reached the `plunge
your face in ice water' and `breathe like a baby' stages of grief for
the mainstream media," radio host Gerry Callahan tweeted.

"This group therapy s**t - whether it's this or late-night TV - has got
to stop," political commentator Becket Adams tweeted. "It's all so
childish."

"OMG The New York Times is already playing therapist with their woke
readership," NewsBusters Managing Editor Curtis Houck tweeted. "Tonight
is gonna be incredible."

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The New York Times Gets Brutally Mocked After Releasing Guide On How To "Cope" With Election Results

<ckmumh95ldp2e2ucab8ud54d1st55ajhj7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164458&group=rec.arts.tv#164458

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 00:39:04 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:39 UTC

On Tue, 08 Nov 2022 20:33:23 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>"OMG The New York Times is already playing therapist with their woke
>readership," NewsBusters Managing Editor Curtis Houck tweeted. "Tonight
>is gonna be incredible."

All this is completely ridiculous. It's the suggestion that the
electoral process was only worthwhile if the side you support wins.

Do you know how many times I've voted for candidates who I felt were
thoroughly deserving of my vote and didn't win?

(We had a local election about 3 weeks ago to elect a mayor and 6
councillors and I can guarantee I didn't vote for 7 winning candidates
including one who I deemed "most worthy" since while this fact wasn't
evident to all voters this guy had attended nearly all council
meetings during the last 2 1/2 years, regularly spoke at forums on
specific issues and CLEARLY did the work and was on target with his
comments and still didn't winned. If it sounds like I'm bummed he
didn't win you'd be right but the process did work as it was supposed
to even if two candidates I strongly feel didn't deserve election
were.)

Hope this guy runs in 4 years but no question he was a hard working
advocate and would have made an outstanding councillor.