From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: [NEWS] "Invasion" teaser trailer (sci-fi, Apple TV+)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:49:03 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:49 UTC

Oh dear. That grubby, talentless New Zealand idiot Sam Neill is in it
.... avoid, avoid, AVOID!!

From ComingSoon.net ...

Invasion Teaser Sets Premiere Date For Apple TV+'s New Sci-Fi Drama
Apple TV+ has released the first Invasion teaser trailer for Simon
Kinberg and David Weil's forthcoming sci-fi drama series, featuring
an ensemble cast led by Jurassic Park alum Sam Neill and Golshifteh
Farahani (Extraction). The video brings us to different parts of
the world and introduces characters from different walks of life as
they all experienced a simultaneous out-of-this-world phenomenon
that will change the course of their lives forever.

Teaser Trailer: (2mins 12secs)
<https://youtu.be/bl-UkWWnb2g>

The series will make its global debut on Apple TV+ on October 22,
with the first three episodes. After its premiere, new episodes
will then premiere every Friday.

Set across multiple continents, Invasion follows an alien invasion
through different perspectives around the world. Earth is visited by
an alien species that threatens humanity's existence. Events unfold
in real-time through the eyes of five ordinary people across the
globe as they struggle to make sense of the chaos unraveling around
them.

The series is being led by: Shamier Anderson (Bruised, Awake) as
Trevante Ward, a soldier stationed in Afghanistan; Golshifteh
Farahani (Extraction, Body of Lies) as Aneesha Malik, a
first-generation Syrian immigrant, wife, and mother living in Long
Island.; Sam Neill (Jurassic World: Dominion) as Sheriff John Bell
Tyson, a weathered rural lawman on the verge of retirement; Firas
Nassar (Fauda) as Ahmed Malik, Aneesha's husband and a successful
businessman; and Shioli Kutsuna (Deadpool 2) as Mitsuki, an
intelligent member of Japan's JASA mission control.

Invasion is created, written, and executive produced by Simon
Kinberg (Dark Phoenix) and David Weil (Hunters). Executive producers
are Audrey Chon, Amy Kaufman, Elisa Ellis, Andrew Baldwin, Katie
O'Connell, and Jakob Verbruggen, who also directed multiple episodes
of the series.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1177343-invasion-teaser>

Re: [NEWS] "Invasion" teaser trailer (sci-fi, Apple TV+)

<iifkgnFua5sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1643&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1643

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Invasion" teaser trailer (sci-fi, Apple TV+)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:11:12 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:11 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> Oh dear. That grubby, talentless New Zealand idiot Sam Neill is in it
> ... avoid, avoid, AVOID!!
>

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

>    Invasion Teaser Sets Premiere Date For Apple TV+'s New Sci-Fi Drama
>    -------------------------------------------------------------------
>    Apple TV+ has released the first Invasion teaser trailer for Simon
>    Kinberg and David Weil's forthcoming sci-fi drama series, featuring
>    an ensemble cast led by Jurassic Park alum Sam Neill and Golshifteh
>    Farahani (Extraction). The video brings us to different parts of
>    the world and introduces characters from different walks of life as
>    they all experienced a simultaneous out-of-this-world phenomenon
>    that will change the course of their lives forever.
>
>    Teaser Trailer:  (2mins 12secs)
>    <https://youtu.be/bl-UkWWnb2g>
>
>    The series will make its global debut on Apple TV+ on October 22,
>    with the first three episodes. After its premiere, new episodes
>    will then premiere every Friday.
>
>    Set across multiple continents, Invasion follows an alien invasion
>    through different perspectives around the world. Earth is visited by
>    an alien species that threatens humanity's existence. Events unfold
>    in real-time through the eyes of five ordinary people across the
>    globe as they struggle to make sense of the chaos unraveling around
>    them.
>
>    The series is being led by: Shamier Anderson (Bruised, Awake) as
>    Trevante Ward, a soldier stationed in Afghanistan; Golshifteh
>    Farahani (Extraction, Body of Lies) as Aneesha Malik, a
>    first-generation Syrian immigrant, wife, and mother living in Long
>    Island.; Sam Neill (Jurassic World: Dominion) as Sheriff John Bell
>    Tyson, a weathered rural lawman on the verge of retirement; Firas
>    Nassar (Fauda) as Ahmed Malik, Aneesha's husband and a successful
>    businessman; and Shioli Kutsuna (Deadpool 2) as Mitsuki, an
>    intelligent member of Japan's JASA mission control.
>
>    Invasion is created, written, and executive produced by Simon
>    Kinberg (Dark Phoenix) and David Weil (Hunters). Executive producers
>    are Audrey Chon, Amy Kaufman, Elisa Ellis, Andrew Baldwin, Katie
>    O'Connell, and Jakob Verbruggen, who also directed multiple episodes
>    of the series.
>

> <https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1177343-invasion-teaser>

Wish it was this Invasion, which I liked quite a bit (2005-06 on ABC:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460651/

--Robin