From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The lies told about inflation (it's FAR higher than figures in
the press)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:34:42 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 00:34 UTC

On 11/10/22 1:27 PM, RichA wrote:
> 8-9%? Really?
>
> These have been the increases this year:
> Housing in cities (rent/cost) up 50-90%
> Transport 25-35% (car prices, used or new, and fuel)
> Food 15-30%
> Shipping costs, 25-1000% depending on item. Walmart sells $700B a year,
> much of it from China, container shipping costs rose from $1200 to $12,000
> each, meaning the per pound cost needed to be built into the products
> rose from $0.03 a pound to $0.27 a pound. A HUGE difference.
>
> So, where eactly is the HUGE savings that would have brought inflation
> down to a minor 8%?

You need an entire economics course taught to you on Usenet. Fuck off.
A) You're not American. You appear to be talking about the inflation
rate in the U.S. which is lower than many other countries. Why aren't
you talking about your own shithole country? B) Your fucked up brain
seems to think all containers used in shipping weigh the same. Why?
The only constant in the equation is the volume--the size of the
container--not the density (and hence the weight) of what's being
shipped. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of lead, but a
container of feathers is a vastly different weight than a container of
lead. But just the fact that you said the utter HORSESHIT you did means
you'll never be able to get it.