We must die because we have known them. -- Ptah-hotep, 2000 B.C.

arts / rec.arts.tv / SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

SubjectAuthor
* SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting GigUbiquitous
+- Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Giganim8rfsk
+* Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting GigBTR1701
|+- Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gigshawn
|`- Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gigtrotsky
`* Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting GigA Friend
 `* Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting GigUbiquitous
  `* Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Giganim8rfsk
   `* Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting GigUbiquitous
    `- Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Giganim8rfsk

1
SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<IhKdne9gnekUBPD-nZ2dnZfqnPcAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164271&group=rec.arts.tv#164271

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
Subject: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:38:32 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 00:38 UTC

Some of the writers behind NBC�s long-running sketch comedy show
�Saturday Night Live� may be planning to boycott the next show because
comedian Dave Chappelle has been tapped to host.

According to a report from Page Six, some of the writers were angry
that producers had asked Chappelle � who has been accused of telling
�transphobic� and �homophobic� jokes in a number of his stand-up comedy
specials � to host the November 12th broadcast, and they opted to bow
out.

�They�re not going to do the show,� an insider reportedly informed Page
Six of the writers. �But none of the actors are boycotting.�

�SNL� prompted some backlash on Twitter when Chappelle�s appearance was
first announced last week.

next week�s show! pic.twitter.com/yyWCsszXDw

� Saturday Night Live � SNL (@nbcsnl) November 6, 2022

One critic pointed out the fact that people were so incensed by
Chappelle�s appearance that no one was reacting to the fact that hip-
hop group Black Star was going to perform for the first time in more
than a decade.

�chappelle reputation is so godawful that nobody even CARES that Black
Star is reuniting lmfao one of the most beloved supergroups in hip hop
performing after an 11 yr long hiatus & ppl not even noticing cuz the
other guy on stage just been talking so much shit abt trans ppl LOL,�
one Twitter user said.

chappelle reputation is so godawful that nobody even CARES
that Black Star is reuniting lmfao one of the most beloved
supergroups in hip hop performing after an 11 yr long hiatus
& ppl not even noticing cuz the other guy on stage just been
talking so much shit abt trans ppl LOL https://t.co/88jtXsUuZM

� ? left at london ? (@LeftAtLondon) November 6, 2022

�SNL�s latest putrid attempt to pander to edgelords amidst flailing
ratings and a beyond vile reputation. can�t keep your cast members or
write a single funny punchline so you resort to platforming stale
transphobes. the rot run deep. what a bunch of losers,� complained The
Daily Beast film critic Coleman Spilde.

Once news broke that some of the writers might boycott the show,
however, The Hill�s media and politics columnist � and Fox News
contributor � Joe Concha argued that their loss could potentially be
the audience�s gain.

�If the great Dave Chappelle is hosting, methinks any assistance from
some of the worst writers in comedy won�t be needed. Just hand the keys
to Dave and get out of the way,� he said.

If the great Dave Chappelle is hosting, methinks any assistance
from some of the worst writers in comedy won�t be needed. Just
hand the keys to Dave and get out of the way.
https://t.co/Jng0CoaIUo

� Joe Concha (@JoeConchaTV) November 10, 2022

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton appeared to agree with Concha,
saying, �SNL more likely to be funny as SNL staff writers stage boycott
over appearance of black comedian.�

"SNL more likely to be funny as SNL staff writers stage
boycott over appearance of black comedian."
https://t.co/ZeIcaYRdhv

� Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) November 10, 2022

�Fire the writers. Have Chappelle do an hour of stand up. Problem
solved,� The First producer Nick Rizzuto added.

Fire the writers. Have Chappelle do an hour of stand up.
Problem solved. https://t.co/0jfx06wmbD

� Nick Rizzuto (@Nick_Rizzuto) November 10, 2022

[ Two things:
1) None of the people protesting have obviously ever watched
Chappelle's concert
2) This is an opportunity to get competent replacement writers
]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<372097134.689822359.709058.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164273&group=rec.arts.tv#164273

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 19:11:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:11 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Some of the writers behind NBC’s long-running sketch comedy show
> “Saturday Night Live” may be planning to boycott the next show

Why should they be any different?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<m66cnXXWA5TpLPD-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164278&group=rec.arts.tv#164278

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:20:36 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:20 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Some of the writers behind NBC’s long-running sketch comedy show
> “Saturday Night Live” may be planning to boycott the next show because
> comedian Dave Chappelle has been tapped to host.

That's fine. Dave could write the material himself. He's an order of
magnitude funnier than they are anyway.

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<101120222209292884%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164279&group=rec.arts.tv#164279

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:09:29 -0500
 by: A Friend - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:09 UTC

In article <IhKdne9gnekUBPD-nZ2dnZfqnPcAAAAA@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> chappelle reputation is so godawful that nobody even CARES
> that Black Star is reuniting

To be fair, I didn't care even before any of this.

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<88frmhld2tvh2e7kgrkjj33v785n1423f9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164281&group=rec.arts.tv#164281

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:11:38 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:11 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:20:36 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Some of the writers behind NBC’s long-running sketch comedy show
>> “Saturday Night Live” may be planning to boycott the next show because
>> comedian Dave Chappelle has been tapped to host.
>
>That's fine. Dave could write the material himself. He's an order of
>magnitude funnier than they are anyway.

He's also reporting that he's seen no sign of an internal boycott of
the show even though he's been in the writing room with the staff. So
it's either a made up controversy (perhaps to gin up interest in the
show) or it's some people who are griping but not acting or are so far
down the totem pole that no one notices when they are gone.

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<msqdndfmBsqOkfP-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164303&group=rec.arts.tv#164303

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:29:00 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:29 UTC

nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> chappelle reputation is so godawful that nobody even CARES
>> that Black Star is reuniting
>
> To be fair, I didn't care even before any of this.

TBH, I have no idea who Black Star is, nor do I care.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<tkl4le$1n0q$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164308&group=rec.arts.tv#164308

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 03:29:17 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:29 UTC

On 11/10/22 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Some of the writers behind NBC’s long-running sketch comedy show
>> “Saturday Night Live” may be planning to boycott the next show because
>> comedian Dave Chappelle has been tapped to host.
>
> That's fine. Dave could write the material himself. He's an order of
> magnitude funnier than they are anyway.

Humor is subjective, but you're too fucking stupid to know this. Also,
I recall Chappelle having a show that was funny last century.

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<1610059097.689868136.596409.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164329&group=rec.arts.tv#164329

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 07:53:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 14:53 UTC

Blackstar - The Complete Series https://a.co/d/6UghtXc

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<fdKdnU45A-Cq7fP-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164342&group=rec.arts.tv#164342

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:54:29 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:54 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> nope@noway.com wrote:

>>> To be fair, I didn't care even before any of this.
>>
>> TBH, I have no idea who Black Star is, nor do I care.
>
> Blackstar - The Complete Series https://a.co/d/6UghtXc

I was pretty sure it wasn't that Blackstar.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: SNL Writers Could Boycott Show Over Dave Chappelle Hosting Gig

<1759347221.689891935.324286.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164381&group=rec.arts.tv#164381

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 13:42:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 20:42 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> TBH, I have no idea who Black Star is, nor do I care.
>>
>> Blackstar - The Complete Series https://a.co/d/6UghtXc
>
> I was pretty sure it wasn't that Blackstar.

Hee hee