Air is water with holes in it.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Capricorne
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)BTR1701
|  | +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|  | +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Adam H. Kerman
|  | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)A Friend
|  |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  |    +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|  |    |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  |    +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)A Friend
|  |    |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|  |    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)BTR1701
|  |     `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Micky DuPree
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)Capricorne
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tklpt9$sjaj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164336&group=rec.arts.tv#164336

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 07:31:54 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:31 UTC

Looks like Ubi is off again today...

This will be quick - Thur is my long workday, so I only got through:

soaps: DOOL - This was probably Tues' ep. I enjoyed Chanel getting
arrested and thrown in the clink! Belle agrees to be Chanel's lawyer,
and goes up against DA Trask. (I love how Belle is both a corporate
lawyer and a criminal lawyer at the same time! - That's not how ANY of
that works!!) Slimy lawyer Sloane sticks it to Chad when she reveals
that she got Chanel arrested at Paulina's victory party. Leo Stark
drags Sonny out to dinner (to try to "apologize"), and Stephanie tries
to have a date with Alex, but it's interrupted when Chad shows up and
the three of them have to interrogate Leo about Sloane and the file on
Chanel.

Recorded for later: GH, and Walker: Independence (of which I must have
2 episodes stockpiled now - should get to those in the next 3 days...).

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<UBI20221110@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164344&group=rec.arts.tv#164344

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:35:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:35 UTC

In article <tklpt9$sjaj$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

> What did you watch?

I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

THE CHAD PRATHER SHOW

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Goodwin Home Invasion". Aaron's father Don calls Zak and the crew to his
Las Vegas home to investigate threatening paranormal activity.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Devil's Den". The crew unravels inhuman darkness inside a shuttered
juvenile hall.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<jt7a1kFhokoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164345&group=rec.arts.tv#164345

From: caprico...@gmail.com (Capricorne)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:02:58 -0500
 by: Capricorne - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:02 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Looks like Ubi is off again today...
>
> This will be quick - Thur is my long workday, so I only got through:
>
> soaps: DOOL - This was probably Tues' ep. I enjoyed Chanel getting arrested
> and thrown in the clink! Belle agrees to be Chanel's lawyer, and goes up
> against DA Trask. (I love how Belle is both a corporate lawyer and a criminal
> lawyer at the same time! - That's not how ANY of that works!!) Slimy lawyer
> Sloane sticks it to Chad when she reveals that she got Chanel arrested at
> Paulina's victory party. Leo Stark drags Sonny out to dinner (to try to
> "apologize"), and Stephanie tries to have a date with Alex, but it's
> interrupted when Chad shows up and the three of them have to interrogate Leo
> about Sloane and the file on Chanel.
>
> Recorded for later: GH, and Walker: Independence (of which I must have 2
> episodes stockpiled now - should get to those in the next 3 days...).
>

> What did you watch?

I've watched an action packed French movie on Netflix called LOST
BULLET 2.

You want action? You get action. From start to end. Fists fights, gun
fights, car chases.

It is so exciting, it is like a comic strip sometimes. And I laught
many times.

I had a good time watching it.

--
[NOM] wrote:

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tklsru$sshs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164346&group=rec.arts.tv#164346

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:22:22 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:22 UTC

On 2022-11-11 16:02:58 +0000, Capricorne said:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I've watched an action packed French movie on Netflix called LOST BULLET 2.
>
> You want action? You get action. From start to end. Fists fights, gun
> fights, car chases.
>
> It is so exciting, it is like a comic strip sometimes. And I laught many times.
>
> I had a good time watching it.

Starring no one I've ever heard of!!

This, and the first "Lost Bullet" film, are both on The Netflix.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<jt7do4FiaqkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164352&group=rec.arts.tv#164352

From: caprico...@gmail.com (Capricorne)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Supersedes: <jt7a1kFhokoU1@mid.individual.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:06:10 -0500
 by: Capricorne - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:06 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Looks like Ubi is off again today...
>
> This will be quick - Thur is my long workday, so I only got through:
>
> soaps: DOOL - This was probably Tues' ep. I enjoyed Chanel getting arrested
> and thrown in the clink! Belle agrees to be Chanel's lawyer, and goes up
> against DA Trask. (I love how Belle is both a corporate lawyer and a
> criminal lawyer at the same time! - That's not how ANY of that works!!)
> Slimy lawyer Sloane sticks it to Chad when she reveals that she got Chanel
> arrested at Paulina's victory party. Leo Stark drags Sonny out to dinner
> (to try to "apologize"), and Stephanie tries to have a date with Alex, but
> it's interrupted when Chad shows up and the three of them have to
> interrogate Leo about Sloane and the file on Chanel.
>
> Recorded for later: GH, and Walker: Independence (of which I must have 2
> episodes stockpiled now - should get to those in the next 3 days...).
>

> What did you watch?

I've watched an action packed French movie on Netflix called LOST
BULLET 2.

You want action? You get action. From start to end. Fists fights, gun
fights, car chases.

It is so exciting, it is like a comic strip sometimes. And I laughed
many times.

I had a good time watching it.

--
[NOM] wrote:

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tkm1bb$tbkj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164358&group=rec.arts.tv#164358

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:37:32 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:37 UTC

On 11/11/2022 8:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-11 16:02:58 +0000, Capricorne said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I've watched an action packed French movie on Netflix called LOST
>> BULLET 2.
>>
>> You want action? You get action. From start to end. Fists fights, gun
>> fights, car chases.
>>
>> It is so exciting, it is like a comic strip sometimes. And I laught
>> many times.
>>
>> I had a good time watching it.
>
> Starring no one I've ever heard of!!
>
> This, and the first "Lost Bullet" film, are both on The Netflix.

Added to the watch list. Although I think the plot description of part
2 spoiled the ending of part 1. I've recently noticed that things I add
to my watch list seem to disappear and even scrolling through the list
they don't show up. So there's a good chance if I don't get to this
soon it will just disappear from the list.

I watched:

Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "All the World's a Stage" - This was a
little like a sequel to the TOS episode, "A Piece of the Action." The
crew (if you can call the kids that) of the Prodigy respond to a
distress call on a planet where generations earlier the inhabitants
encountered a red shirt from Kirk's ship. They now live their lives
based on the stories he told them about the crew of the Enterprise. It
was an OK episode.

Yasuke (Netflix streaming) I was scrolling through twitter the other day
and out of the blue I saw someone posted a picture of a statute of
Yasuke. Yasuke was a 16th century former African slave who got his
freedom, went to Japan and served Oda Nobunganga (if you don't already
know who Oda Nobunganga is, look him up!). That reminded me Netflix has
an animated series about him that I've been meaning to watch. I had
some time to kill so I watched the first episode, "Ronin." I knew going
in animated series based on a real life African slave who goes to Japan
and becomes a samurai. Cool! I hit play and I see giant mech robots,
lasers, and force fields. Wait, something is not right here! So I'm
thinking maybe this is a flash forward to the future where people are
visiting a theme park. There has to be some explanation for what I'm
seeing! I keep watching and very quickly they do a flashback to a
younger Yasuke arriving in Japan and so far so good. And then a robot
shows up. In 16th century Japan! Then a fight breaks out. And they
shooting lasers again. Then a woman turns into a werewolf! W.T.F. I
think I'm one and done with this. All I have to say is they done Yasuke
wrong! He was a real person and they did this with his story. :-(

Here's the trailer Netflix put out. As you'll notice there are no
robots or werewolves in it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcK1LQl_Fs

Atlanta (FX) "It Was All a Dream" - Series finale. This was a very
underwhelming finale. Nothing about it felt final or wrapped anything
up. It was just another episode of Atlanta. There were two main plots.
The first was a humorous plot involving Darius entering a sensory
deprivation tank and following that he keeps having weird encounters
that turn out to be hallucinations while in the tank. Or are they? The
other plot involves the main cast meeting up for lunch at a fancy
restaurant that um, has less than appetizing food. With a twist. It
was a fine episode of Atlanta, but I expected more for a series finale.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (theatrical) Following the passing of
Chadwick Boseman instead of recasting the part they went forward and
made a movie about Black Panther, without Black Panther. The movie
shifts the focus from Black Panther to Wakanda and acts as more of a
tribute to Boseman. Within the movie King T'Challa is dead and the
world is coming to terms with there not being a Black Panther. The
world is also looking at Wakanda as now being vulnerable and starting to
search for vibranium. Searching for Vibranium in the ocean catches the
attention of Namor which sets the movie's plot in motion. Wakanda vs.
Atlantis, I mean Talokan.

I'm still digesting the movie and haven't come to terms with what I
think about it yet. I'll see it again in a couple of weeks and decide
then. Don't get me wrong, I definitely liked it. But there were some
things that I'm still processing and trying to make sense of. At 161
minutes this was one of the longest movies in the MCU and still felt
like it was heavily edited down. I strongly suspect the original cut
was much longer and it got cut to pieces giving the movie a slightly
disjointed feel. It was also very unclear to me the full size and scope
of the two warring nations. Early on Namor boasts he has more soldiers
than Wakanda has blades of grass, yet I never saw anything to back up
that claim. Similarly for all of Wakanda's military might, it just
wasn't on screen. Wakanda was depicted more like a city state than an
entire nation. I'm also scratching my head of the military decision to
intentionally fight the Atlantians, I mean Talokans in the middle of the
ocean instead of on land. From I can tell Wakanda is a landlocked
country without a navy, so that decision just didn't make sense to me!
I get the Wakandans didn't want the fight on their land with civilians
being slaughtered. But still, they don't have a navy! At least not a
threatening one. Why take the fight to the open sea? Especially when
they have no idea of the true scale and offensive capabilities of their
enemy, other than they appear to match their own. But I need to watch
the movie again to put it all in perspective.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tktvv2$1q8tm$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164709&group=rec.arts.tv#164709

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:04:18 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 18:04 UTC

In article <tkm1bb$tbkj$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (theatrical) Following the passing of
>Chadwick Boseman instead of recasting the part they went forward and
>made a movie about Black Panther, without Black Panther. The movie
>shifts the focus from Black Panther to Wakanda and acts as more of a
>tribute to Boseman. Within the movie King T'Challa is dead and the
>world is coming to terms with there not being a Black Panther. The
>world is also looking at Wakanda as now being vulnerable and starting to
>search for vibranium. Searching for Vibranium in the ocean catches the
>attention of Namor which sets the movie's plot in motion. Wakanda vs.
>Atlantis, I mean Talokan.

Was it as stridently "black power" as the commercials and tie-in commercials
make it seem?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<139510416.690146752.386998.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164723&group=rec.arts.tv#164723

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 12:46:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:46 UTC

Capricorne <capricorne@gmail.com> wrote:
> (supersedes <jt7a1kFhokoU1@mid.individual.net>)
>
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> Looks like Ubi is off again today...
>>
>> This will be quick - Thur is my long workday, so I only got through:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - This was probably Tues' ep. I enjoyed Chanel getting arrested
>> and thrown in the clink! Belle agrees to be Chanel's lawyer, and goes up
>> against DA Trask. (I love how Belle is both a corporate lawyer and a
>> criminal lawyer at the same time! - That's not how ANY of that works!!)
>> Slimy lawyer Sloane sticks it to Chad when she reveals that she got Chanel
>> arrested at Paulina's victory party. Leo Stark drags Sonny out to dinner
>> (to try to "apologize"), and Stephanie tries to have a date with Alex, but
>> it's interrupted when Chad shows up and the three of them have to
>> interrogate Leo about Sloane and the file on Chanel.
>>
>> Recorded for later: GH, and Walker: Independence (of which I must have 2
>> episodes stockpiled now - should get to those in the next 3 days...).
>>

>> What did you watch?
>

> I've watched an action packed French movie on Netflix called LOST
> BULLET 2.
>
> You want action? You get action. From start to end. Fists fights, gun
> fights, car chases.
>
> It is so exciting, it is like a comic strip sometimes. And I laughed
> many times.
>
> I had a good time watching it.

I added both lost bullet movies to my watchlist. Thanks.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<atropos-36425B.14174914112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164738&group=rec.arts.tv#164738

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:18:24 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:18 UTC

In article <tktvv2$1q8tm$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <tkm1bb$tbkj$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>
> >Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (theatrical) Following the passing of
> >Chadwick Boseman instead of recasting the part they went forward and
> >made a movie about Black Panther, without Black Panther. The movie
> >shifts the focus from Black Panther to Wakanda and acts as more of a
> >tribute to Boseman. Within the movie King T'Challa is dead and the
> >world is coming to terms with there not being a Black Panther. The
> >world is also looking at Wakanda as now being vulnerable and starting to
> >search for vibranium. Searching for Vibranium in the ocean catches the
> >attention of Namor which sets the movie's plot in motion. Wakanda vs.
> >Atlantis, I mean Talokan.
>
> Was it as stridently "black power" as the commercials and tie-in commercials
> make it seem?

And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.

I did think it was pretty funny that the Wakanda the Marvel Universe
created seemed to be putting forth the notion that Africa has been
hiding the fact that it has produced the most advanced civilization in
human history and all the dirt-poor countries and disease, starvation,
and endless slaughtering are all just camouflage to keep the rest of the
world from discovering the existence of the real Wakanda. Which pretty
much makes the Wakandans a bunch of morally reprehensible assholes. Not
only are they not sharing their vast wealth and prosperity with their
fellow Africans, as good socialists should, but they're actually
invested in keeping the rest of Africa in a state of desperate poverty
as part of their strategy of isolationism.

Liberals loved the first movie and talked about how transcendent it was,
but looking at it objectively, T'Challa was an ultra-nationalist, big on
border security, built a giant wall around his city, believes Wakanda
and Wakandans should come first, and fiercely protects his country's
culture from outsiders, including refugees.

Sounds like a Republican to me.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<1981144914.690158819.686668.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164743&group=rec.arts.tv#164743

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:47:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:47 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tktvv2$1q8tm$4@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <tkm1bb$tbkj$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>>
>>> Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (theatrical) Following the passing of
>>> Chadwick Boseman instead of recasting the part they went forward and
>>> made a movie about Black Panther, without Black Panther. The movie
>>> shifts the focus from Black Panther to Wakanda and acts as more of a
>>> tribute to Boseman. Within the movie King T'Challa is dead and the
>>> world is coming to terms with there not being a Black Panther. The
>>> world is also looking at Wakanda as now being vulnerable and starting to
>>> search for vibranium. Searching for Vibranium in the ocean catches the
>>> attention of Namor which sets the movie's plot in motion. Wakanda vs.
>>> Atlantis, I mean Talokan.
>>
>> Was it as stridently "black power" as the commercials and tie-in commercials
>> make it seem?
>
> And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
> which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.
>
> I did think it was pretty funny that the Wakanda the Marvel Universe
> created seemed to be putting forth the notion that Africa has been
> hiding the fact that it has produced the most advanced civilization in
> human history and all the dirt-poor countries and disease, starvation,
> and endless slaughtering are all just camouflage to keep the rest of the
> world from discovering the existence of the real Wakanda. Which pretty
> much makes the Wakandans a bunch of morally reprehensible assholes. Not
> only are they not sharing their vast wealth and prosperity with their
> fellow Africans, as good socialists should, but they're actually
> invested in keeping the rest of Africa in a state of desperate poverty
> as part of their strategy of isolationism.
>
> Liberals loved the first movie and talked about how transcendent it was,
> but looking at it objectively, T'Challa was an ultra-nationalist, big on
> border security, built a giant wall around his city, believes Wakanda
> and Wakandans should come first, and fiercely protects his country's
> culture from outsiders, including refugees.
>
> Sounds like a Republican to me.

That was just mean!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tkugug$1rse9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164746&group=rec.arts.tv#164746

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:54:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:54 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
>which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.

>I did think it was pretty funny that the Wakanda the Marvel Universe
>created seemed to be putting forth the notion that Africa has been
>hiding the fact that it has produced the most advanced civilization in
>human history and all the dirt-poor countries and disease, starvation,
>and endless slaughtering are all just camouflage to keep the rest of the
>world from discovering the existence of the real Wakanda. Which pretty
>much makes the Wakandans a bunch of morally reprehensible assholes. Not
>only are they not sharing their vast wealth and prosperity with their
>fellow Africans, as good socialists should, but they're actually
>invested in keeping the rest of Africa in a state of desperate poverty
>as part of their strategy of isolationism.

In a different movie franchise, we would call them... Bond villains!

>Liberals loved the first movie and talked about how transcendent it was,
>but looking at it objectively, T'Challa was an ultra-nationalist, big on
>border security, built a giant wall around his city, believes Wakanda
>and Wakandans should come first, and fiercely protects his country's
>culture from outsiders, including refugees.

>Sounds like a Republican to me.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tl00s2$225mi$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164812&group=rec.arts.tv#164812

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 04:30:47 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>>> Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (theatrical) Following the passing of
>>> Chadwick Boseman instead of recasting the part they went forward and
>>> made a movie about Black Panther, without Black Panther. The movie
>>> shifts the focus from Black Panther to Wakanda and acts as more of a
>>> tribute to Boseman. Within the movie King T'Challa is dead and the
>>> world is coming to terms with there not being a Black Panther. The
>>> world is also looking at Wakanda as now being vulnerable and starting to
>>> search for vibranium. Searching for Vibranium in the ocean catches the
>>> attention of Namor which sets the movie's plot in motion. Wakanda vs.
>>> Atlantis, I mean Talokan.
>>
>> Was it as stridently "black power" as the commercials and tie-in
>> commercials make it seem?
>
>And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
>which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.

Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other white
people from watching it.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<151120221003414250%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164819&group=rec.arts.tv#164819

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 10:03:41 -0500
 by: A Friend - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 15:03 UTC

In article <tl00s2$225mi$7@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Was it as stridently "black power" as the commercials and tie-in
> >> commercials make it seem?
> >
> >And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
> >which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.
>
> Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
> them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other white
> people from watching it.

Has someone actually suggested this?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tl0krk$23uo9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164853&group=rec.arts.tv#164853

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 13:13:08 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:13 UTC

In article <151120221003414250%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>> >And are we de facto racist if we don't both see the movie and like it,
>> >which was the standard for the first BLACK PANTHER movie.
>>
>> Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
>> them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other white
>> people from watching it.
>
> Has someone actually suggested this?

Yes.

https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-tickets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<1621517013.690230959.480160.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164858&group=rec.arts.tv#164858

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:54:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:54 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <151120221003414250%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
>>> them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other white
>>> people from watching it.
>>
>> Has someone actually suggested this?
>
> Yes.
>
> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-tickets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

That’s a really horrible website

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tl0po4$24dne$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164863&group=rec.arts.tv#164863

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 14:36:36 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:36 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Has someone actually suggested this?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-tickets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/
>
> That's a really horrible website

But better than the other sites Bing recommended.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<151120221652547525%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164880&group=rec.arts.tv#164880

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:52:54 -0500
 by: A Friend - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 21:52 UTC

In article <tl0krk$23uo9$2@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <151120221003414250%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
> >> them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other
> >> white
> >> people from watching it.
> >
> > Has someone actually suggested this?
>
> Yes.
>

> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-ti
> ckets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/

Thank you. The person who reportedly suggested it is described as "a
TikToker" but is not further identified. The person who cited him is
trying to raise funds for somebody called Bill Whittle. I am not
familiar with Bill Whittle.

I would take this for what it's worth, which is pretty much nothing.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<moCdnVp3a69evun-nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164910&group=rec.arts.tv#164910

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 23:41:55 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 23:41 UTC

On Nov 15, 2022 at 10:13:08 AM PST, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <151120221003414250%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Also, you're a racist if you don't buy tickets for black people and let
>>> them watch the movie while you sit on the curb outside and stop other white
>>> people from watching it.
>>
>> Has someone actually suggested this?
>
> Yes.
>

> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-tickets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/

"...every black person to be able to watch that movie in peace."

Has she never sat next to another black chick in a movie theater?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<RjednRUccO7RpOn-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164915&group=rec.arts.tv#164915

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 20:13:43 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 01:13 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>> Has someone actually suggested this?
>>
>> Yes.
>>

>> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-tickets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/
>
>"...every black person to be able to watch that movie in peace."
>
>Has she never sat next to another black chick in a movie theater?

That's exactly what Greg Gutfield said on the subject! :-D

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tl1jkj$2998u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164928&group=rec.arts.tv#164928

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:58:30 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 02:58 UTC

On 11/15/2022 1:52 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tl0krk$23uo9$2@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
> <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Has someone actually suggested this?
>>
>> Yes.
>>

>> https://ussanews.com/2022/11/05/no-whites-allowed-give-your-wakanda-forever-ti
>> ckets-to-black-people-then-guard-the-theater/
>

> Thank you. The person who reportedly suggested it is described as "a
> TikToker" but is not further identified. The person who cited him is
> trying to raise funds for somebody called Bill Whittle. I am not
> familiar with Bill Whittle.
>
> I would take this for what it's worth, which is pretty much nothing.

I think you're over-estimating its worth considerably.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-10 (Thursday)

<tloqm1$h80$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166073&group=rec.arts.tv#166073

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:19:45 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:19 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> Atlanta (FX) "It Was All a Dream" - Series finale. This was a very
> underwhelming finale. Nothing about it felt final or wrapped anything
> up. It was just another episode of Atlanta.

The suggestion that Darius could have dreamed the entire series of
_Atlanta_ isn't just like another episode.

> There were two main plots.
> The first was a humorous plot involving Darius entering a sensory
> deprivation tank and following that he keeps having weird encounters
> that turn out to be hallucinations while in the tank. Or are they?
> The other plot involves the main cast meeting up for lunch at a fancy
> restaurant that um, has less than appetizing food. With a twist. It
> was a fine episode of Atlanta, but I expected more for a series
> finale.

It may have been a bookend Glover was forced to insert, depending on
when the cancellation was made known to him.

-Micky