It's not reality that's important, but how you perceive things.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)BTR1701
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|    +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)suzeeq
|    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|     +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ubiquitous
|     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|      `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|       `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
|        `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|         `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ubiquitous
|          `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|           +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|           |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|           | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
|           |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|           |   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ubiquitous
|           +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Dimensional Traveler
|           `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)anim8rfsk

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<UBI20221111@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164473&group=rec.arts.tv#164473

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:30 UTC

On Veterans' Day, I watched:

DARK SHADOWS:
(450). Bathia Mapes, summoned from the supernatural, attempts to lift
the curse from Barnabas.

DARK SHADOWS
(451). Bathia Mapes, summoned from the supernatural, attempts to lift
the curse from Barnabas. Infortunately, one of the best DS bloopers was
missing from this one.

GLENN BECK RADIO

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

CHAD PRATHER

FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEOS

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkohtk$16up8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164515&group=rec.arts.tv#164515

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:33:56 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 16:33 UTC

On 2022-11-12 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I actually got through a little more yesterday!:

soaps: GH - I think it was Wed's ep.
Valentin and Dex help Anna escape from the crashed prison transport;
Heather Webber also escapes. Lizzie tells Finn that she (indirectly)
murdered Finn's late wife for having an affair with Lizzie's Dad - he
takes it about as well as you would expect him to. After catching her
with TJ, Willow finally tells that jerk Michael that she has the big
"L". TJ tells Sonny he is not having an affair with Willow, and that
Sonny needs to trust him. Cody lies to Mac and tells him that he is not
Mac's son, when the DNA test shows he actually is...
Esme has escaped, and Nikolas finds out. Then the "Hook Killer" -
conspicuously not shown to be Esme which ticks me off (if the Killer is
revealed to be someone other than Esme (e.g. Heather Webber), I'm going
to throw stuff at the screen!!) - attacks Nikolas, who fights her off
before the Killer escapes. Later Esme sees Lizzie at the docks (how did
she get off the island?! her hair wasn't even wet!?!) - I wonder if
Esme is going to kidnap her?!

Walker: Independence (recorded) - "Friend of the Devil" (ep. #5). This
episode wasn't very interesting. It was all about Sheriff Davidson and
a former partner in crime of his who is on the run from the law and
bounty hunters. In other words, this was basically a "Davidson"
episode, and, like, who cares?!
Meanwhile, Kate keeps pressing Abby for more details on her and her
husband's past, but Abby keeps stonewalling her. Calian finally tells
Gus they think that the sheriff killed Abby's husband; Gus claims he
"knows who did it". (Uh, didn't we *see* Davidson shoot him in the
pilot?! It's not like his guilt is in doubt!) Boyd felt like he was
barely in this one.
I hope the next episode is better than this one was!

Mother's Deadly Son (LMN) - This was disappointing - it didn't go
anywhere I didn't expect it to (casting Brittany Underwood in a
supposedly supporting role pretty much gave it away), and they really
*oversold* the diversion in the first-half of the film. I mean, why is
the "suspect son" such an asshole to everyone?! - He basically does act
lke a psychopath, but there's apparently no reason for it. And then
he's "better" in the second half. Meh. Also, I don't think the ending
reveal really hung together for me.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkok9q$174u4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164519&group=rec.arts.tv#164519

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:14:19 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 17:14 UTC

On 11/12/2022 8:33 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-12 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I actually got through a little more yesterday!:
>
> soaps: GH - I think it was Wed's ep.
>   Valentin and Dex help Anna escape from the crashed prison transport;
> Heather Webber also escapes. Lizzie tells Finn that she (indirectly)
> murdered Finn's late wife for having an affair with Lizzie's Dad - he
> takes it about as well as you would expect him to. After catching her
> with TJ, Willow finally tells that jerk Michael that she has the big
> "L". TJ tells Sonny he is not having an affair with Willow, and that
> Sonny needs to trust him. Cody lies to Mac and tells him that he is not
> Mac's son, when the DNA test shows he actually is...
>   Esme has escaped, and Nikolas finds out. Then the "Hook Killer" -
> conspicuously not shown to be Esme which ticks me off (if the Killer is
> revealed to be someone other than Esme (e.g. Heather Webber), I'm going
> to throw stuff at the screen!!) - attacks Nikolas, who fights her off
> before the Killer escapes. Later Esme sees Lizzie at the docks (how did
> she get off the island?! her hair wasn't even wet!?!) - I wonder if Esme
> is going to kidnap her?!
>
> Walker: Independence (recorded) - "Friend of the Devil" (ep. #5). This
> episode wasn't very interesting. It was all about Sheriff Davidson and a
> former partner in crime of his who is on the run from the law and bounty
> hunters. In other words, this was basically a "Davidson" episode, and,
> like, who cares?!
>   Meanwhile, Kate keeps pressing Abby for more details on her and her
> husband's past, but Abby keeps stonewalling her. Calian finally tells
> Gus they think that the sheriff killed Abby's husband; Gus claims he
> "knows who did it". (Uh, didn't we *see* Davidson shoot him in the
> pilot?! It's not like his guilt is in doubt!) Boyd felt like he was
> barely in this one.
>   I hope the next episode is better than this one was!

I hear the new guy from Supernatural is making a cameo. Was that this
episode?

> Mother's Deadly Son (LMN) - This was disappointing - it didn't go
> anywhere I didn't expect it to (casting Brittany Underwood in a
> supposedly supporting role pretty much gave it away), and they really
> *oversold* the diversion in the first-half of the film. I mean, why is
> the "suspect son" such an asshole to everyone?! - He basically does act
> lke a psychopath, but there's apparently no reason for it. And then he's
> "better" in the second half. Meh. Also, I don't think the ending reveal
> really hung together for me.

After waiting about a year, I finally dived into my Lord of the Rings 4K
box set and watched:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (4K disc) 2012 prequel directed by
Peter Jackson. This new prequel trilogy kicks off with the young
Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman taking over from Ian Holm), who is
recruited by Galdalf (Ian McKellen) to join a fellowship of Dwarves.
The Dwarves are lead by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) who is
heir to a wealthy kingdom but all the wealth is in the hands of a
dragon. They hire Bilbo to be a thief on their quest to steal back the
riches from the dragon, which they suspect is now dead.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (4K disc) Frodo, Gandalf and the
Dwarves fight their way through Dungeons and Dragons to reclaim Thorin's
throne, but when they arrive in the kingdom they discover the dragon
Smaug is still alive. Meanwhile Gandalf discovers a new evil may be
awake. Hey it's Legolas (Orlando Bloom), I didn't know he was in the
book, "The Hobbit." If I didn't know any better I'd think Peter Jackson
is stretching out the story by adding in fan favorite characters who
weren't in the book. But Jackson wouldn't do that would he?

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (4K disc) Picking up right
where the last movie ended, with no kind of recap, the dragon Smaug sets
out to burn down the nearest village in revenge for Bilbo and his Dwarf
friends trying to take his gold. The villagers lead by Luke Evans
manage to kill Smaug. But with the dragon dead and their village burned
to crisp, the humans show up at the Dwarf kingdom for help, and for the
payment the Dwarf king specifically promised them in exchange for their
help in the previous movie. But Thorin has better things to do with his
mountain of gold than repay promised debts. meanwhile Gandalf,
Galadriel, Elrond, and Saruman team up to do battle against Sauran and
his Nazgûl. I don't care if that was in the book or not, that was cool
battle! But back at the Dwarf Kingdom, the Dwarves, humans and Elves
battle each other over the mountain full of gold, then are forced to
team up once Sauron's army shows up looking for trouble.

I haven't watched these movies since the time of their original release,
and I don't think I've ever watched them back to back. I had mostly
forgotten what happens in them. They held up very well. I should also
add the bits of pieces of score from the original trilogy added to the
experience as well.

Penn & Teller: Fool Us - "Teller and the Big Dummy" - I didn't give it
my *full* attention, but the magician who fooled them was really good.
I think I might have forgotten to mention last week's episode. If I
did, I just want to say the magician who fooled them last week was off
the charts good!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<R7GdnTIK74mHRfL-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164522&group=rec.arts.tv#164522

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 17:30:02 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 17:30 UTC

On Nov 12, 2022 at 9:14:19 AM PST, "Arthur Lipscomb"
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (4K disc) 2012 prequel directed by
> Peter Jackson. This new prequel trilogy kicks off with the young
> Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman taking over from Ian Holm), who is
> recruited by Galdalf (Ian McKellen) to join a fellowship of Dwarves.
> The Dwarves are lead by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) who is
> heir to a wealthy kingdom but all the wealth is in the hands of a
> dragon. They hire Bilbo to be a thief on their quest to steal back the
> riches from the dragon, which they suspect is now dead.
>
> The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (4K disc) Frodo, Gandalf and the
> Dwarves fight their way through Dungeons and Dragons to reclaim Thorin's
> throne

Frodo was in there as well?!? Who knew?

> but when they arrive in the kingdom they discover the dragon
> Smaug is still alive. Meanwhile Gandalf discovers a new evil may be
> awake. Hey it's Legolas (Orlando Bloom), I didn't know he was in the
> book, "The Hobbit." If I didn't know any better I'd think Peter Jackson
> is stretching out the story by adding in fan favorite characters who
> weren't in the book.

Like Frodo?

> But Jackson wouldn't do that would he?

He gave us Elf Evangeline, which is something Tolkien never did, so I forgive
him.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkom05$178hh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164523&group=rec.arts.tv#164523

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:43:32 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 17:43 UTC

On 11/12/2022 9:30 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2022 at 9:14:19 AM PST, "Arthur Lipscomb"
> <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (4K disc) 2012 prequel directed by
>> Peter Jackson. This new prequel trilogy kicks off with the young
>> Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman taking over from Ian Holm), who is
>> recruited by Galdalf (Ian McKellen) to join a fellowship of Dwarves.
>> The Dwarves are lead by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) who is
>> heir to a wealthy kingdom but all the wealth is in the hands of a
>> dragon. They hire Bilbo to be a thief on their quest to steal back the
>> riches from the dragon, which they suspect is now dead.
>>
>> The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (4K disc) Frodo, Gandalf and the
>> Dwarves fight their way through Dungeons and Dragons to reclaim Thorin's
>> throne
>
> Frodo was in there as well?!? Who knew?

Oops, I meant Bilbo. Although Frodo *is* in the first movie.

>> but when they arrive in the kingdom they discover the dragon
>> Smaug is still alive. Meanwhile Gandalf discovers a new evil may be
>> awake. Hey it's Legolas (Orlando Bloom), I didn't know he was in the
>> book, "The Hobbit." If I didn't know any better I'd think Peter Jackson
>> is stretching out the story by adding in fan favorite characters who
>> weren't in the book.
>
> Like Frodo?
>
>> But Jackson wouldn't do that would he?
>
> He gave us Elf Evangeline, which is something Tolkien never did, so I forgive
> him.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkoshp$17pvp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164536&group=rec.arts.tv#164536

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:35:21 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:35 UTC

On 2022-11-12 17:14:19 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 11/12/2022 8:33 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-11-12 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I actually got through a little more yesterday!:
>>
>> Walker: Independence (recorded) - "Friend of the Devil" (ep. #5). This
>> episode wasn't very interesting. It was all about Sheriff Davidson and
>> a former partner in crime of his who is on the run from the law and
>> bounty hunters. In other words, this was basically a "Davidson"
>> episode, and, like, who cares?!
>>   Meanwhile, Kate keeps pressing Abby for more details on her and her
>> husband's past, but Abby keeps stonewalling her. Calian finally tells
>> Gus they think that the sheriff killed Abby's husband; Gus claims he
>> "knows who did it". (Uh, didn't we *see* Davidson shoot him in the
>> pilot?! It's not like his guilt is in doubt!) Boyd felt like he was
>> barely in this one.
>>   I hope the next episode is better than this one was!
>
> I hear the new guy from Supernatural is making a cameo. Was that this episode?

I've heard Padalecki wants to, but I haven't heard it confirmed that he will...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<98143514.689977091.721890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164543&group=rec.arts.tv#164543

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:24:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:24 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-11-12 17:14:19 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

>>> I actually got through a little more yesterday!:
>>>
>>> Walker: Independence (recorded) - "Friend of the Devil" (ep. #5). This
>>> episode wasn't very interesting. It was all about Sheriff Davidson and
>>> a former partner in crime of his who is on the run from the law and
>>> bounty hunters. In other words, this was basically a "Davidson"
>>> episode, and, like, who cares?!
>>>   Meanwhile, Kate keeps pressing Abby for more details on her and her
>>> husband's past, but Abby keeps stonewalling her. Calian finally tells
>>> Gus they think that the sheriff killed Abby's husband; Gus claims he
>>> "knows who did it". (Uh, didn't we *see* Davidson shoot him in the
>>> pilot?! It's not like his guilt is in doubt!) Boyd felt like he was
>>> barely in this one.
>>>   I hope the next episode is better than this one was!
>>
>> I hear the new guy from Supernatural is making a cameo. Was that this episode?
>
> I've heard Padalecki wants to, but I haven't heard it confirmed that he will...

My ex is at the supernatural convention right now. Do you want she should
ask him?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkp19r$183md$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164545&group=rec.arts.tv#164545

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:56:27 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:56 UTC

On 11/12/2022 12:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I hear the new guy from Supernatural is making a cameo. Was that this episode?
>>
>> I've heard Padalecki wants to, but I haven't heard it confirmed that he will...

Now you're going to make me look up his name...I was referring to
Alexander Calvert. Isn't Padalecki already the star of the show?

> My ex is at the supernatural convention right now. Do you want she should
> ask him?

The Creation convention? That appears to be one of their biggest
conventions. I liked/watched Supernatural, but I just never had much
interest in going to one of their conventions. Although if the stars
were at a general convention I'd probably go.

I already have my tickets for their big Star Trek convention next year.
The last one I went to a year ago, they were still recovering from COVID
and there were a *lot* of cancellations. I'm hoping this next one will
be better.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkp6ig$p3ug$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164555&group=rec.arts.tv#164555

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 14:26:24 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:26 UTC

On 11/12/2022 12:56 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 11/12/2022 12:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I've heard Padalecki wants to, but I haven't heard it confirmed that
>>> he will...
>
> Now you're going to make me look up his name...I was referring to
> Alexander Calvert.  Isn't Padalecki already the star of the show?

He's the star of Walker, but not the 'prequel' show Independence.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<1615246726.689984498.079789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164556&group=rec.arts.tv#164556

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:26:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:26 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/12/2022 12:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I've heard Padalecki wants to, but I haven't heard it confirmed that he will...
>>>

> Now you're going to make me look up his name...I was referring to
> Alexander Calvert. Isn't Padalecki already the star of the show?
>

>> My ex is at the supernatural convention right now. Do you want she should
>> ask him?
>>

> The Creation convention? That appears to be one of their biggest
> conventions. I liked/watched Supernatural, but I just never

I have no idea. She just messaged me yesterday that she was at the
supernatural convention and wanted to know who’s autograph she could get
for me. I told her Amy Acker. She said Amy wasn’t there. Then I pointed out
once again that I didn’t watch supernatural and she got mad at me and I
haven’t heard from her since.

had much
> interest in going to one of their conventions. Although if the stars
> were at a general convention I'd probably go.
>
> I already have my tickets for their big Star Trek convention next year.
> The last one I went to a year ago, they were still recovering from COVID
> and there were a *lot* of cancellations. I'm hoping this next one will
> be better.

I don’t care who is there as long as gates McMuffin isn’t. Well and marina
Sirtis. And Michael Dorn. And Jordi Laforge. And Patrick Stewart.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<1381972067.689985010.810685.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164559&group=rec.arts.tv#164559

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:42:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 22:42 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> On Veterans' Day, I watched:
>
> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

For no reason I understand or remember (although I suspect and openly blame
Ian) my DVR is recording anything that has Nichola Posner in it. in this
case it was “nightmare wedding“ from lifetime. It was a mess and I turned
it off 34 minutes in (including commercials).

One of the dreadful last season color episodes of 12 o’clock high with
guest stars Robert Blake and Wayne Rogers who both get killed.

A couple episodes of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN which only got halfway into
season five before they started running season one (the good season) again.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<5oKcnfdj1rVcuO3-nZ2dnZfqnPEAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164563&group=rec.arts.tv#164563

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:01:16 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:01 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> I already have my tickets for their big Star Trek convention next year.
>> The last one I went to a year ago, they were still recovering from COVID
>> and there were a *lot* of cancellations. I'm hoping this next one will
>> be better.
>
>I don't care who is there as long as gates McMuffin isn't. Well and marina
>Sirtis. And Michael Dorn. And Jordi Laforge. And Patrick Stewart.

How about the guy who looks like Will Wheaton?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkp9rl$18rsb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164567&group=rec.arts.tv#164567

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:22:29 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 23:22 UTC

On 2022-11-12 22:42:02 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> On Veterans' Day, I watched:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> For no reason I understand or remember (although I suspect and openly blame
> Ian) my DVR is recording anything that has Nichola Posner in it.

That's great, but I'm actually a bigger Aubrey Reynolds fan, so if I
had control of your DVR, it would probably record stuff from Reynolds,
or maybe Tiera Skovbye! ;p

> in this
> case it was “nightmare wedding“ from lifetime. It was a mess and I turned
> it off 34 minutes in (including commercials).

To clarify, "Nightmare Wedding" is one of *Asylum's* Lifetime flicks!

It's actually really over-the-top, but the guy they cast as the creepy
psycho stalker is by far the weakest part of the film.

> One of the dreadful last season color episodes of 12 o’clock high with
> guest stars Robert Blake and Wayne Rogers who both get killed.
>
> A couple episodes of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN which only got halfway into
> season five before they started running season one (the good season) again.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkpf3i$197ll$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164573&group=rec.arts.tv#164573

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 16:52:02 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 00:52 UTC

On 11/12/2022 2:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> Now you're going to make me look up his name...I was referring to
>> Alexander Calvert. Isn't Padalecki already the star of the show?
>>

>>> My ex is at the supernatural convention right now. Do you want she should
>>> ask him?
>>>

>> The Creation convention? That appears to be one of their biggest
>> conventions. I liked/watched Supernatural, but I just never
>
> I have no idea. She just messaged me yesterday that she was at the
> supernatural convention and wanted to know who’s autograph she could get
> for me. I told her Amy Acker. She said Amy wasn’t there. Then I pointed out
> once again that I didn’t watch supernatural and she got mad at me and I
> haven’t heard from her since.

I'm pretty sure this is the convention you're friend is attending:
https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_az.htm

> had much
>> interest in going to one of their conventions. Although if the stars
>> were at a general convention I'd probably go.
>>
>> I already have my tickets for their big Star Trek convention next year.
>> The last one I went to a year ago, they were still recovering from COVID
>> and there were a *lot* of cancellations. I'm hoping this next one will
>> be better.
>>

> I don’t care who is there as long as gates McMuffin isn’t. Well and marina
> Sirtis. And Michael Dorn. And Jordi Laforge. And Patrick Stewart.

Stewart isn't on the list but the other's are. This is the current
guest list: https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv_guests.html

Well over 100 actors will be expected to attend so I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that Stewart will be there. I still need to get Stewart
and Burton's autographs. So unless he cancels, I'll at least be able to
get Burton's autograph.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<2040262035.689998814.598369.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164580&group=rec.arts.tv#164580

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:26:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:26 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-11-12 22:42:02 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> On Veterans' Day, I watched:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> For no reason I understand or remember (although I suspect and openly blame
>> Ian) my DVR is recording anything that has Nichola Posner in it.
>
> That's great, but I'm actually a bigger Aubrey Reynolds fan, so if I
> had control of your DVR, it would probably record stuff from Reynolds,
> or maybe Tiera Skovbye! ;p
>
>> in this
>> case it was “nightmare wedding“ from lifetime. It was a mess and I turned
>> it off 34 minutes in (including commercials).
>
> To clarify, "Nightmare Wedding" is one of *Asylum's* Lifetime flicks!

Oh, yeah, that’s why I made a mental note to mention it to you. Big THE
ASYLUM presents Credit right at the start.

> It's actually really over-the-top, but the guy they cast as the creepy
> psycho stalker is by far the weakest part of the film.
>
>> One of the dreadful last season color episodes of 12 o’clock high with
>> guest stars Robert Blake and Wayne Rogers who both get killed.
>>
>> A couple episodes of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN which only got halfway into
>> season five before they started running season one (the good season) again.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<1812630596.689998902.813125.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164581&group=rec.arts.tv#164581

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:29:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:29 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/12/2022 2:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Now you're going to make me look up his name...I was referring to
>>> Alexander Calvert. Isn't Padalecki already the star of the show?

>>> The Creation convention? That appears to be one of their biggest
>>> conventions. I liked/watched Supernatural, but I just never
>>
>> I have no idea. She just messaged me yesterday that she was at the
>> supernatural convention and wanted to know who’s autograph she could get
>> for me. I told her Amy Acker. She said Amy wasn’t there. Then I pointed out
>> once again that I didn’t watch supernatural and she got mad at me and I
>> haven’t heard from her since.
>>

> I'm pretty sure this is the convention you're friend is attending:
> https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_az.htm

She’s in Glendale, so yes. Mischa is plying her with tequila. I sent you a
photo.

>> had much
>>> interest in going to one of their conventions. Although if the stars
>>> were at a general convention I'd probably go.
>>>
>>> I already have my tickets for their big Star Trek convention next year.
>>> The last one I went to a year ago, they were still recovering from COVID
>>> and there were a *lot* of cancellations. I'm hoping this next one will
>>> be better.
>>>

>> I don’t care who is there as long as gates McMuffin isn’t. Well and marina
>> Sirtis. And Michael Dorn. And Jordi Laforge. And Patrick Stewart.
>>

> Stewart isn't on the list but the other's are. This is the current
> guest list: https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv_guests.html

The Shat!

Kirk is a captain in strange new worlds? That seems kind of early.

Frakes handles a crowd as well as anyone I’ve ever seen. Somebody will yell
“how about that gates McMuffin“ and Frakes will call it back to the crowd
and depending on whether the crowd cheers or booze he’ll tell good stories
or bad stories about her. It’s fun to watch him work.

> Well over 100 actors will be expected to attend so I'm keeping my
> fingers crossed that Stewart will be there. I still need to get Stewart
> and Burton's autographs. So unless he cancels, I'll at least be able to
> get Burton's autograph.

Thumbs up icon

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkptb8$1d1k3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164582&group=rec.arts.tv#164582

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:55:02 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:55 UTC

On 11/12/2022 8:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I have no idea. She just messaged me yesterday that she was at the
>>> supernatural convention and wanted to know who’s autograph she could get
>>> for me. I told her Amy Acker. She said Amy wasn’t there. Then I pointed out
>>> once again that I didn’t watch supernatural and she got mad at me and I
>>> haven’t heard from her since.
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure this is the convention you're friend is attending:
>> https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_az.htm
>
> She’s in Glendale, so yes. Mischa is plying her with tequila. I sent you a
> photo.

Got it. I've never seen him in person but in videos of I've seen of him
he seems very personable.

>>> had much

>>> I don’t care who is there as long as gates McMuffin isn’t. Well and marina
>>> Sirtis. And Michael Dorn. And Jordi Laforge. And Patrick Stewart.
>>>

>> Stewart isn't on the list but the other's are. This is the current
>> guest list: https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv_guests.html
>>

> The Shat!
>
> Kirk is a captain in strange new worlds?

Kirk's brother (George Samuel Kirk) is a member of the crew. James T.
Kirk is occasionally referenced, but not as a captain. I know they
redid Balance of Terror, and he *might* have been a Captain in that
episode. If not then he hasn't been identified on screen as a captain
*this* season. However Pike is very much aware of what will happen in
the future and that Kirk is fated to be captain of the Enterprise after
his accident.

That seems kind of early.

It is. It might just be them wanting to add the "captain" to the title.
I'm pretty sure he hasn't made the rank of captain yet. Although
since he's not even on the Enterprise, he could be captain of a
different ship.

> Frakes handles a crowd as well as anyone I’ve ever seen. Somebody will yell
> “how about that gates McMuffin“ and Frakes will call it back to the crowd
> and depending on whether the crowd cheers or booze he’ll tell good stories
> or bad stories about her. It’s fun to watch him work.
>

>> Well over 100 actors will be expected to attend so I'm keeping my
>> fingers crossed that Stewart will be there. I still need to get Stewart
>> and Burton's autographs. So unless he cancels, I'll at least be able to
>> get Burton's autograph.
>
> Thumbs up icon

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164593&group=rec.arts.tv#164593

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:34:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:34 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/12/2022 8:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I'm pretty sure this is the convention you're friend is attending:
>>> https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_az.htm
>>
>> She’s in Glendale, so yes. Mischa is plying her with tequila. I sent you a
>> photo.
>>

> Got it. I've never seen him in person but in videos of I've seen of him
> he seems very personable.

My ex certainly seems to think so. She’s just beaming.

>>> Stewart isn't on the list but the other's are. This is the current
>>> guest list: https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv_guests.html
>>>

>> The Shat!
>>
>> Kirk is a captain in strange new worlds?
>
> Kirk's brother (George Samuel Kirk) is a member of the crew. James T.
> Kirk is occasionally referenced, but not as a captain. I know they
> redid Balance of Terror, and he *might* have been a Captain in that
> episode. If not then he hasn't been identified on screen as a captain
> *this* season. However Pike is very much aware of what will happen in
> the future and that Kirk is fated to be captain of the Enterprise after
> his accident.
>
> That seems kind of early.
>>

> It is. It might just be them wanting to add the "captain" to the title.
> I'm pretty sure he hasn't made the rank of captain yet. Although
> since he's not even on the Enterprise, he could be captain of a
> different ship.

OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
finale of season one. And boy it wasn’t easy. Paramount plus is the worst
streaming app I’ve ever used.

Anyway Jim Kirk is the captain of the Farragut who comes to the rescue.
It’s set seven years in the future from the rest of the series so it’s not
too early. But it’s all an imaginary story anyway.

It was written by Akiva Goldsman, one of Hollywood’s very worst writers.
The whole thing was like a bad fan episode cutting and pasting all the
dialogue from real Trek episodes.

I have no idea what timeline it’s supposed to be in. They mentioned the
Kelvin but it’s not that timeline and it’s certainly not the TOS timeline
so I guess they’ve got a third reality going. Wait, it’s not the
ENTERPRISE reality (which is just a holonovel on the Enterprise D) either.

The thing that horrified me the most is that it was just like another bad
episode of the first couple seasons of ENTERPRISE with the stupid future
guy. With a blatant rip off from AVENGERS ENDGAME with future Pike as
Doctor Strange looking at alternate realities and seeing there’s only one
that’s not a disaster.

The really ridiculous part was Pike and the Romulans talking about all
these horrors of the last 100 years of endless war. What endless war? The
Romulans retreated and hid and haven’t had any contact of any kind in a
century. It’s not even a Cold War if you don’t have any contact with the
other side!

One and done for me. Thanks for the answers though!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tktdpm$1odg3$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164683&group=rec.arts.tv#164683

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:30:47 -0500
<tkptb8$1d1k3$1@dont-email.me> <683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
> finale of season one. And boy it wasn't easy. Paramount plus is the worst
> streaming app I've ever used.

Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<617792687.690125497.458135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164685&group=rec.arts.tv#164685

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 06:37:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:37 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
>> finale of season one. And boy it wasn't easy. Paramount plus is the worst
>> streaming app I've ever used.
>
> Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts itself
off.

It’s sort of hard to be worse than that.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tkti1o$1p59e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164688&group=rec.arts.tv#164688

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 06:06:48 -0800
References: <UBI20221111@dont-email.me> <tkohtk$16up8$2@dont-email.me> <tkok9q$174u4$1@dont-email.me> <tkoshp$17pvp$1@dont-email.me> <98143514.689977091.721890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkp19r$183md$1@dont-email.me> <1615246726.689984498.079789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkpf3i$197ll$1@dont-email.me> <1812630596.689998902.813125.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkptb8$1d1k3$1@dont-email.me> <683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tktdpm$1odg3$7@dont-email.me> <617792687.690125497.458135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:06 UTC

On 2022-11-14 13:37:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
>>> finale of season one. And boy it wasn't easy. Paramount plus is the worst
>>> streaming app I've ever used.
>>
>> Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>
> Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
> images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
> it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts itself
> off.
>
> It’s sort of hard to be worse than that.

FWIW, based on a Reddit thread yesterday, most people seem to agree
with you that Pee+ is the worst of the streaming apps. (Who wants to
catch "Pee+"!??!)

Which is kind of weird, as I think CBS AllAccess app worked fine. Not
sure how Pee messed that up...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tktouq$1pnve$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164698&group=rec.arts.tv#164698

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 08:04:43 -0800
<tkok9q$174u4$1@dont-email.me> <tkoshp$17pvp$1@dont-email.me>
<98143514.689977091.721890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<tkp19r$183md$1@dont-email.me>
<1615246726.689984498.079789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<tkpf3i$197ll$1@dont-email.me>
<1812630596.689998902.813125.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<tkptb8$1d1k3$1@dont-email.me>
<683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<tktdpm$1odg3$7@dont-email.me>
<617792687.690125497.458135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:04 UTC

On 11/14/2022 5:37 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
>>> finale of season one. And boy it wasn't easy. Paramount plus is the worst
>>> streaming app I've ever used.
>>
>> Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>
> Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
> images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
> it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts itself
> off.
>
> It’s sort of hard to be worse than that.

I'm sure they have a team working on that.

(Making it worse that is.) :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<158257164.690135033.989274.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164700&group=rec.arts.tv#164700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:20:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:20 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-11-14 13:37:37 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>>
>> Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
>> images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
>> it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts itself
>> off.
>>
>> It’s sort of hard to be worse than that.
>
> FWIW, based on a Reddit thread yesterday, most people seem to agree
> with you that Pee+ is the worst of the streaming apps. (Who wants to
> catch "Pee+"!??!)
>
> Which is kind of weird, as I think CBS AllAccess app worked fine. Not
> sure how Pee messed that up...

I think it somehow must use an enormous amount of resources causing it to
fail constantly. They probably have one of those idiot teams that doesn’t
test websites online but only locally.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tktqd7$1psao$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164702&group=rec.arts.tv#164702

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 08:29:27 -0800
References: <UBI20221111@dont-email.me> <tkohtk$16up8$2@dont-email.me> <tkok9q$174u4$1@dont-email.me> <tkoshp$17pvp$1@dont-email.me> <98143514.689977091.721890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkp19r$183md$1@dont-email.me> <1615246726.689984498.079789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkpf3i$197ll$1@dont-email.me> <1812630596.689998902.813125.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkptb8$1d1k3$1@dont-email.me> <683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tktdpm$1odg3$7@dont-email.me> <617792687.690125497.458135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <tkti1o$1p59e$1@dont-email.me> <158257164.690135033.989274.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 16:29 UTC

On 2022-11-14 16:20:31 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
>>> images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
>>> it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts itself
>>> off.
>>>
>>> It’s sort of hard to be worse than that.
>>
>> FWIW, based on a Reddit thread yesterday, most people seem to agree
>> with you that Pee+ is the worst of the streaming apps. (Who wants to
>> catch "Pee+"!??!)
>>
>> Which is kind of weird, as I think CBS AllAccess app worked fine. Not
>> sure how Pee messed that up...
>
> I think it somehow must use an enormous amount of resources causing it to
> fail constantly. They probably have one of those idiot teams that doesn’t
> test websites online but only locally.

The other app that Reddit give lots of "Thumbs down!" to is Peacock.
Considering that I have to "force quit/restart" the Peacock app every
couple of days so I don't lose my Continue Watching and My List lists,
I can see their point!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-11 (Friday)

<tku0gb$1q8tm$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164710&group=rec.arts.tv#164710

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:13:31 -0500
<683907311.690031220.506015.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<tktdpm$1odg3$7@dont-email.me> <617792687.690125497.458135.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 18:13 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> OK, I broke down and watched the balance of terror episode which is the
>>> finale of season one. And boy it wasn't easy. Paramount plus is the worst
>>> streaming app I've ever used.
>>
>> Worse than Pluto? Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!
>
> Way worse. Most of the time Paramont + loads the framework but no text or
> images so you base nothing but blank buttons and after it spins for a while
> it gives you a message that the app doesn’t currently work and shuts
> itself off.
>
> It's sort of hard to be worse than that.

Yeah, that is worse.

--
Let's go Brandon!