Power corrupts. And atomic power corrupts atomically.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin???s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`- Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701

1
Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming

<2065744533.689972086.326305.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164532&group=rec.arts.tv#164532

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:58:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:58 UTC

Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming

Already released:

The Secret of the Greco Family [El Secreto de la Familia Greco] [new
to US] (Netflix)

A seemingly perfect family secretly kidnaps wealthy people for ransom to
maintain their high standard of living and social status. Based on a true
story. Mexican series; 9 episodes.

This was released on Tuesday, Nov. 8, but was not listed in the sources I
checked for last week's list.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22646840/ [6.3]

https://www.netflix.com/title/81437302

Saturday, Nov. 12

A Tiny Home Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

In order to save her family’s contracting business, Blair reluctantly teams
up with her ex-boyfriend and former co-star of a hit home design reality
show to build a tiny home for the unsheltered in the community, rekindling
old sparks in the process… and just in time for Christmas. Stars Rebecca
Dalton and Christopher Seivright.

https://uptv.com/movies/a-tiny-home-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18178194/

Reindeer Games Homecoming (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

MacKenzie Graves is a brilliant, competitive, crossword-puzzle-loving
biology teacher in Vermont who recently lost her father, beloved fire chief
and the heart of the town’s holiday fundraising tradition, “The Reindeer
Games.” Every year since his death, she competes with her dad’s former
team, a group of colorful retired firefighters, to win the Games and keep
his tradition alive. The holiday however, her world is rocked when fading
Hollywood star, and Mac’s high school crush, Chase Weston comes home for
Christmas to visit his pregnant sister and nephew and is begrudgingly roped
into participating in the Games. When the opportunity to compete against
her former mega crush arises, Mac is determined to show him up and win the
Kris Kringle Cup at all costs. As the competition heats up, so does the
spark between Mac and Chase, and Chase soon finds himself eager to not only
win the games, but also win her heart as well. Stars Sarah Drew, Justin
Bruening, and Brian Sills.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/reindeer-games-homecoming

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15825220/

The Royal Nanny (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

MI5 agent Claire goes undercover as the royal nanny and must overcome the
challenges of her assignment, like resisting the charms of Prince Colin
while keeping the family safe at Christmas. Stars Rachel Skarsten, Dan
Jeannotte and Greta Scacchi.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-royal-nanny

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22247450/

A Merry Christmas Wish (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

A NYC advertising executive returns to her hometown to sell the family
farm, but instead reconnects with her childhood friend and gets involved
with organizing the yearly Winter Wonderland, which takes place on the
property. Stars Jill Wagner and Cameron Mathison.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/a-merry-christmas-wish/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19898828/

Our Italian Christmas Memories (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark
M&M)

The Colucci siblings, in an effort to jog the memory of their grandfather
who is struggling with dementia, set out to recreate their late
grandmother’s legendary pasta sauce. Stars Sarah Power and Beau Bridges.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/our-italian-christmas-memories

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22258198/

Lil Rel Howery: I said it. Y'all thinking it. (comedy special)
(10 pm, HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cenugpn07is

Sunday, Nov. 13

Tulsa King [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

The latest Paramount+ series from Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan
features the first scripted TV starring role for Sylvester Stallone. He
plays a New York Mafia captain who is released from a multi-decade prison
stay and is sent by his boss to run a new operation in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Domenick Lombardozzi (The Wire), Andrea Savage (I'm Sorry), Max Casella
(Doogie Howser), Martin Starr (Silicon Valley), Dana Delany (Desperate
Housewives), and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) also star, while Boardwalk
Empire creator Terence Winter serves as showrunner. Two episodes stream
tonight on Paramount+ (followed by weekly single-episode installments),
while the first episode will also air tonight on cable's Paramount Network
following the Yellowstone premiere. 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQSScwZPbA

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/tulsa-king/season-1 [score 64]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16358384/

Luna's World [No Mundo Da Luna] [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)

From a gypsy family, Luna struggles to find her love, her dream job and to
understand that there's no point in running away from her origins.
Brazilian series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18553812/

MTV EMAs 2022 (live event) (3-5 pm, MTV)

Europe Music Awards.

https://www.mtvema.com/

The Picture of Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

An aspiring storybook illustrator in Manhattan returns home after
inheriting her grandmother's Christmas tree farm. Inspired by the magic of
Christmas and the farm's handsome caretaker, she is reminded of the things
she once wanted in life. Stars Chelsea Hobbs and Giles Panton.

https://uptv.com/movies/the-picture-of-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14074562/

Six Degrees of Santa (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Christmas enthusiast and single mom Harper has created a program, Six
Degrees of Santa, in which anonymous “Santas” give a gift and set of
instructions to be passed along, temporarily enjoyed, and re-gifted,
indefinitely. Her goal is to create a Christmas experience that’s
real-life, magical, and unexpected. When Harper’s own gift lands in the
hands of a leading Internet entrepreneur, Jason, he’s convinced that the
original Santa might be his soulmate. He seeks out Harper, as the architect
of the program, to help him track down this mystery woman. Stars Kathryn
Davis and Steve Lund.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/six-degrees-of-santa

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21440964/

Christmas at the Golden Dragon (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark
Channel)

With the town's landmark Chinese restaurant closing, two siblings find
themselves reevaluating their lives alongside the restaurant's loyal
patrons. Stars Kara Wang, Osric Chau, Sara Canning, Antonio Cupo and
Barbara Niven.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-at-the-golden-dragon

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13937754/

Christmas Sweethearts (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

When a woman returns home to find her ex in a relationship, she enlists her
best friend to act as her fake boyfriend. Stars Breanne Hill and Colton
Little; also known as "My Best Friend's Christmas." Originally released in
2019.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/my-best-friends-christmas/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11230402/

The Walking Dead: The Making of the Final Season (special) (8-9
pm, AMC)

Yellowstone (season 5 premiere) (8 to 10:28 pm, two
episodes, Paramount Network)

The supersized fifth season will be divided into two seven-episode parts.
Regular time is 8-9 pm only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkQmKIKt1zk

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/yellowstone-2018/season-5 [score 67]

The Circus (season 7 finale) (8 pm, Showtime)

Rogue Heroes [new] (9 pm, Epix)

The latest series from Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight is a
six-episode adaptation of the book by Ben Macintyre about the formation of
the British Army's elite Special Air Service (SAS) unit during WWII. Connor
Swindells, Jack O'Connell, Sofia Boutella, and Alfie Allen star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkU-roWDu0E

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/rogue-heroes/season-1 [score 78]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10405370/ [as "SAS Rogue Heroes"]

https://www.epix.com/series/rogue-heroes

Michelle Obama: The Light We Carry, A Conversation With Robin Roberts
(special) (10 pm, ABC)

Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire (season 1 finale; renewed for
season 2) (10 pm, AMC)

Season one has seven episodes, while eight episodes have been ordered for
season 2.

Monday, Nov. 14

Stutz (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Jonah Hill directs a profile of unconventional psychiatrist Phil Stutz in a
film that also examines Hill's work with Stutz, who is his personal
therapist. 1h 36m.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81387962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKCmefQdplI

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/stutz

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21819228/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming

<1246816420.689974180.869049.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164542&group=rec.arts.tv#164542

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:15:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:15 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Already released:
>

> The Secret of the Greco Family [El Secreto de la Familia Greco] [new
> to US] (Netflix)
>
> A seemingly perfect family secretly kidnaps wealthy people for ransom to
> maintain their high standard of living and social status. Based on a true
> story. Mexican series; 9 episodes.
>
> This was released on Tuesday, Nov. 8, but was not listed in the sources I
> checked for last week's list.

Robin has failed this newsgroup. :-(

> Saturday, Nov. 12
>

> A Tiny Home Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

No wonder Ian doesn’t get up

> In order to save her family’s contracting business, Blair reluctantly teams
> up with her ex-boyfriend and former co-star of a hit home design reality
> show to build a tiny home for the unsheltered in the community,

One tiny home for all the unsheltered? Shouldn’t this be called a homeless
clown car Christmas?

> Reindeer Games Homecoming (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

It’s not reindeer games until Charlize Theron’s shirt comes off.

> The Royal Nanny (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> MI5 agent Claire goes undercover as the royal nanny and must overcome the
> challenges of her assignment, like resisting the charms of Prince Colin
> while keeping the family safe at Christmas. Stars Rachel Skarsten, Dan
> Jeannotte and Greta Scacchi.

No Fran Drescher, no Nanny!!

> A Merry Christmas Wish (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> A NYC advertising executive returns to her hometown to sell the family
> farm, but instead reconnects with her childhood friend and gets involved
> with organizing the yearly Winter Wonderland, which takes place on the
> property. Stars Jill Wagner and Cameron Mathison.

I am waiting for Robin’s coverage (ha ha) of the R rated European cut!

> Sunday, Nov. 13
>

> Christmas at the Golden Dragon (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark
> Channel)

Well now I’m hungry

> The Walking Dead: The Making of the Final Season (special) (8-9
> pm, AMC)

My DVR is actually grabbing these things unbidden. Somebody seems to have
finally figured out how to name shows so that they’ll record.

> Michelle Obama: The Light We Carry, A Conversation With Robin Roberts
> (special) (10 pm, ABC)

Sing it with me!
“There’s a light
(over at the Frankenstein place)”

> Monday, Nov. 14
>

> Stutz (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

No bearcats, no show!

> Tuesday, Nov. 15
>

> La Brea (season 2 fall finale) (9 pm, NBC)
>
> Returns on Jan. 31 with the final seven episodes of the 14-episode order.

Is anybody watching this?

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Wednesday, Nov. 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Leverage: Redemption (season 2 premiere) (12:01 am, Freevee)

No Hutton, no showing!

> The Wonder (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

The Netflix suggested last night I watch this as well but I don’t think so…

> Limitless With Chris Hemsworth [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> What if you could combat aging and discover the full potential of the human
> body? Global movie star Chris Hemsworth explores this revolutionary idea in
> the new National Geographic original series. Six episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPnK_NgHVI

Maybe, but I’ve only got three weeks of Disney left.

> The Santa Clauses [new] (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Tim Allen returns for a miniseries sequel to his 1994 holiday movie The
> Santa Clause (and its two feature film sequels). Also back are Elizabeth
> Mitchell and David Krumholtz, joined by newcomers like Kal Penn and (in a
> cameo) Peyton Manning. Six episodes; the first two are released today, with
> the remainder following once weekly through Dec. 14.

So he’s good enough for this but not toy story?

Anyway Disney+ will go away before this finishes airing so no thanks.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> American Horror Story (season 11 finale; renewed for seasons 12 and
> 13) (10 and 11 pm, two episodes, FX)

Is that horrible Roberts person still in this?

> Thursday, Nov. 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> 1899 [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The team behind Netflix's hit German series Dark returns with a
> multilingual series that follows an ill-fated steamship voyage from London
> to New York in the late 19th century. German series in German and English;
> 8 episodes.

But Netflix got me to add this to my watchlist last night. We’ll see how
annoying the multilingual businesses.

> Christmas With You (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A pop star who's facing a career burnout escapes to a small town where she
> finds not only inspiration but a shot of love. Stars Freddie Prinze Jr. and
> Aimee Garcia; 1h 29m.

I actually sent the link on this to BTR. I should have copied in since he
loves Freddie Prinze Junior.

> Dead to Me (complete final season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A hotheaded widow searching for the hit-and-run driver who mowed down her
> husband befriends an eccentric optimist who isn't quite what she seems.
> Stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini; 10 episodes.

Only if they dress up like slutty Kelly Bundy and sluttier Velma.

> Pepsi, Where's My Jet? [new; complete documentary miniseries]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

Something else Netflix tried to get me to watch last night. But it’s
description made it sound like it wasn’t actually a documentary.

> The Sex Lives of College Girls (season 2 premiere) (3:01
> am, HBO Max)

I watched the pilot episode. That seemed to be enough.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Pickled (special) (9-11 pm, CBS)
>
> Stephen Colbert hosts

Oh hell no

> Alaska Daily (season 1 fall finale) (10 pm, ABC)
>
> Returns on Feb. 23.

And there wasn’t one at all this week.

> Friday, Nov. 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> The People We Hate at the Wedding (movie) (12:01 am, Prime
> Video)

“All of them, I think“ – John Connor, terminator two

> Spirited (movie) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

But Apple TV+ doesn’t work

> Ryan Reynolds

Oh hell no

> and Will Ferrel

Oh quadruple fuck no

> Reign Supreme [Le monde de demain] [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A series full of music about the famous french rap band

GAC!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Note: "Disappearance in Yellowstone," listed as a premiere on LMN tonight
> at 8 pm, was shown on the Lifetime Channel on May 21. Metacritic and The
> Futon Critic list "She Inherited Danger"
> [https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12718280/] in this time slot but it appears
> to have been removed from the schedule.

Those lying bastards!

> (end)

Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming

<tkpk5u$19k52$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164576&group=rec.arts.tv#164576

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Nov._12-18:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:18:38 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 02:18 UTC

On 2022-11-12 18:58:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Nov. 12
>

> A Tiny Home Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> In order to save her family’s contracting business, Blair reluctantly teams
> up with her ex-boyfriend and former co-star of a hit home design reality
> show to build a tiny home for the unsheltered in the community, rekindling
> old sparks in the process… and just in time for Christmas. Stars Rebecca
> Dalton and Christopher Seivright.

Rebecca Dalton is super cute, but I have too much going on tonight.
Maybe if they rerun it Sunday night...

> Reindeer Games Homecoming (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> MacKenzie Graves is a brilliant, competitive, crossword-puzzle-loving
> biology teacher in Vermont who recently lost her father, beloved fire chief
> and the heart of the town’s holiday fundraising tradition, “The Reindeer
> Games.” Every year since his death, she competes with her dad’s former
> team, a group of colorful retired firefighters, to win the Games and keep
> his tradition alive. The holiday however, her world is rocked when fading
> Hollywood star, and Mac’s high school crush, Chase Weston comes home for
> Christmas to visit his pregnant sister and nephew and is begrudgingly roped
> into participating in the Games. When the opportunity to compete against
> her former mega crush arises, Mac is determined to show him up and win the
> Kris Kringle Cup at all costs. As the competition heats up, so does the
> spark between Mac and Chase, and Chase soon finds himself eager to not only
> win the games, but also win her heart as well. Stars Sarah Drew, Justin
> Bruening, and Brian Sills.

Pass.

> The Royal Nanny (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> MI5 agent Claire goes undercover as the royal nanny and must overcome the
> challenges of her assignment, like resisting the charms of Prince Colin
> while keeping the family safe at Christmas. Stars Rachel Skarsten, Dan
> Jeannotte and Greta Scacchi.

I like Rachel Skarsten - if I don't put this on as background tonight,
I'll try to catch a rerun.

> A Merry Christmas Wish (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> A NYC advertising executive returns to her hometown to sell the family
> farm, but instead reconnects with her childhood friend and gets involved
> with organizing the yearly Winter Wonderland, which takes place on the
> property. Stars Jill Wagner and Cameron Mathison.

Meh.

> Our Italian Christmas Memories (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark
> M&M)
>
> The Colucci siblings, in an effort to jog the memory of their grandfather
> who is struggling with dementia, set out to recreate their late
> grandmother’s legendary pasta sauce. Stars Sarah Power and Beau Bridges.

I think I might try to watch at least part of this...

> Sunday, Nov. 13
>

> Tulsa King [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The latest Paramount+ series from Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan
> features the first scripted TV starring role for Sylvester Stallone. He
> plays a New York Mafia captain who is released from a multi-decade prison
> stay and is sent by his boss to run a new operation in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
> Domenick Lombardozzi (The Wire), Andrea Savage (I'm Sorry), Max Casella
> (Doogie Howser), Martin Starr (Silicon Valley), Dana Delany (Desperate
> Housewives), and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) also star, while Boardwalk
> Empire creator Terence Winter serves as showrunner. Two episodes stream
> tonight on Paramount+ (followed by weekly single-episode installments),
> while the first episode will also air tonight on cable's Paramount Network
> following the Yellowstone premiere. 10 episodes.

Nobody gets Pee+...

> The Picture of Christmas (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> An aspiring storybook illustrator in Manhattan returns home after
> inheriting her grandmother's Christmas tree farm. Inspired by the magic of
> Christmas and the farm's handsome caretaker, she is reminded of the things
> she once wanted in life. Stars Chelsea Hobbs and Giles Panton.

I like Chelsea Hobbs, so I'll probably try to watch this.

(It's interesting that she's the last of the "Make It or Break It" gals
to have any kind of career - two of the other three are pretty much out
of the business these days, AFAICT....

> Six Degrees of Santa (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Christmas enthusiast and single mom Harper has created a program, Six
> Degrees of Santa, in which anonymous “Santas” give a gift and set of
> instructions to be passed along, temporarily enjoyed, and re-gifted,
> indefinitely. Her goal is to create a Christmas experience that’s
> real-life, magical, and unexpected. When Harper’s own gift lands in the
> hands of a leading Internet entrepreneur, Jason, he’s convinced that the
> original Santa might be his soulmate. He seeks out Harper, as the architect
> of the program, to help him track down this mystery woman. Stars Kathryn
> Davis and Steve Lund.

Kathryn who?!

> Christmas at the Golden Dragon (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark
> Channel)
>
> With the town's landmark Chinese restaurant closing, two siblings find
> themselves reevaluating their lives alongside the restaurant's loyal
> patrons. Stars Kara Wang, Osric Chau, Sara Canning, Antonio Cupo and
> Barbara Niven.

I like Sara Canning, but she doesn't seem to be the star of this...

> Christmas Sweethearts (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> When a woman returns home to find her ex in a relationship, she enlists her
> best friend to act as her fake boyfriend. Stars Breanne Hill and Colton
> Little; also known as "My Best Friend's Christmas." Originally released in
> 2019.

Meh...

> Yellowstone (season 5 premiere) (8 to 10:28 pm, two
> episodes, Paramount Network)
>
> The supersized fifth season will be divided into two seven-episode parts.
> Regular time is 8-9 pm only.

A show I keep wondering if I should watch, but then never find the time to...

> Rogue Heroes [new] (9 pm, Epix)
>
> The latest series from Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight is a
> six-episode adaptation of the book by Ben Macintyre about the formation of
> the British Army's elite Special Air Service (SAS) unit during WWII. Connor
> Swindells, Jack O'Connell, Sofia Boutella, and Alfie Allen star.

NOBODY GETS EPIX!!

> Tuesday, Nov. 15
>

> R.I.P.D. 2: Rise of the Damned (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Set in the American West of 1876, 'R.I.P.D.2: Rise of the Damed' is a
> sequel to 2013's "R.I.P.D." Sheriff Roy Pulsipher isn't too thrilled about
> finding himself dead after a shoot out with a notorious outlaw gang, but he
> does get a second chance to return to earth after being recruited by the
> R.I.P.D. (Rest In Peace Department.). But avenging his own murder may have
> to take a back seat to saving the world when a gateway to hell is opened in
> the old mining town of Red Creek threatening not only the locals... but all
> of humanity itself. Jeffrey Donovan heads the cast for this
> straight-to-streaming sequel. 1h 42m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21094994/
>
> R.I.P.D.: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790736/

W...T...H...?!

> La Brea (season 2 fall finale) (9 pm, NBC)
>
> Returns on Jan. 31 with the final seven episodes of the 14-episode order.

To answer Fred: No, no one is watching this!... ;)

> Wednesday, Nov. 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Leverage: Redemption (season 2 premiere) (12:01 am, Freevee)
>
> The first three of season two's 13 episodes are released today, with the
> remainder following once weekly through Jan. 25

There was a time when I would have watched this. But now - who has the time?!

> The Wonder (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The latest from Sebastián Lelio (Gloria, A Fantastic Woman, Disobedience)
> is an adaptation of Room author Emma Donoghue’s novel, set in 1862, about
> an English nurse (Florence Pugh) who travels to the Irish Midlands to
> observe an 11-year-old girl who has survived months without food, making
> her a saint to many in her tiny village. Critics had good things to say
> about the psychological thriller (which also opens in theaters on November
> 2nd) when it debuted at Telluride in September. 1h 48m.

Yeah, I could see checking this out...

> The Santa Clauses [new] (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Tim Allen returns for a miniseries sequel to his 1994 holiday movie The
> Santa Clause (and its two feature film sequels). Also back are Elizabeth
> Mitchell and David Krumholtz, joined by newcomers like Kal Penn and (in a
> cameo) Peyton Manning. Six episodes; the first two are released today, with
> the remainder following once weekly through Dec. 14.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nov. 12-18: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-24BFB3.19375212112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164577&group=rec.arts.tv#164577

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:38:27 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 03:38 UTC

In article
<2065744533.689972086.326305.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Nov. 12-18: Robin’s selected programming

> Run for the Money [new; complete season 1] (5:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> "Run for the Money" is a reality competition show where celebrity
> participants can win a cash prize based on the time you spend running away
> from hunters. If you can escape to the end, you will win a large sum of
> money... Do you choose to turn yourself in? Or will you keep running to the
> end for money and for pride? Japanese series; special release time.

Sounds like Stephen King's THE RUNNING MAN, except the hunters don't
execute you if they find you.