There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)BTR1701
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)tenworld
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)chromebook test

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<UBI20221112@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164598&group=rec.arts.tv#164598

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

THX-1138:
In the 25th century, a time when people have designations instead of
names, a man, THX 1138, and a woman, LUH 3417, rebel against their
rigidly-controlled society.
I started watching this on TMC's on demand service but gave up because
it was boring. I am not sure, but I think the image was wrong because
they kept showing a digital counter of some sort and the digit changing
was off-screen! Also, I think there was some Star Trek style CGI work
done on it because I vaguely remember the movie being too cheap to make
a working subway with cars and people getting on and off it in the
background and him doing what Homer Simpson did in the opening credits.

REGULAR SHOW:
This show is weird but I laughed my arse off!
� "A Bunch of Full Grown Geese". Mordecai and Rigby have to rid their
park of some geese that showed up and are beating up people, shitting
on their picnics, and behaving like thugs. They eventually enlist the
aid of the baby ducks, because everyone knows they are mortal enemies.
� "Skips' Stress". After the immortal gorilla guy discovers he has
fatal stress, he must pilgramage to a bell in Tibet to de-stress.

REGULAR SHOW:
"Skips' Story". The guys find out how Skips became immortal.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<tkr129$1fnmk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164603&group=rec.arts.tv#164603

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 07:04:41 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 15:04 UTC

On 2022-11-13 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

soaps: GH - Thur's ep. Ha! Esme ends up causing Lizzie to clunk her
head, but not before Lizzie calls the cops on Esme. With Lizzie in and
out of consciousness, Nikolas shows up and he and his goon recapture
Esme! Later, Lizzie tells the cops what happened, but keeps Nikolas'
involvement out of it. The cops are now looking for Esme, which Victor
lets Ava know!... A wounded Dex is caught by Josslyn, who insists upon
stitching up his wound; they almost kiss (blech!). Heather Webber kinds
of holds Cameron hostage, but Cameron contacts Dante, who shows up and
takes Heather back into custody.

The Royal Nanny - Hallmark Channel X-Mas flick starring Rachel Skarsten
was pretty standard fare. But they once again had her use a British
accent (actually, the entire cast did!), and frankly, she's not very
good at it. Also, Skarsten is starting to look her age... This was
barely passable.

Our Italian Christmas Memories - I only saw half of this Hallmark M&M
flick, and it was pure background noise. But the thing that most struck
me is how old Sarah Power looks these days... :(

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<1097697233.690045955.030473.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164607&group=rec.arts.tv#164607

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 08:31:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 15:31 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-11-13 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> soaps: GH - Thur's ep. Ha! Esme ends up causing Lizzie to clunk her
> head, but not before Lizzie calls the cops on Esme. With Lizzie in and
> out of consciousness, Nikolas shows up and he and his goon recapture
> Esme! Later, Lizzie tells the cops what happened, but keeps Nikolas'
> involvement out of it. The cops are now looking for Esme, which Victor
> lets Ava know!... A wounded Dex is caught by Josslyn, who insists upon
> stitching up his wound; they almost kiss (blech!). Heather Webber kinds
> of holds Cameron hostage, but Cameron contacts Dante, who shows up and
> takes Heather back into custody.
>
> The Royal Nanny - Hallmark Channel X-Mas flick starring Rachel Skarsten
> was pretty standard fare. But they once again had her use a British
> accent (actually, the entire cast did!), and frankly, she's not very
> good at it. Also, Skarsten is starting to look her age... This was
> barely passable.
>
> Our Italian Christmas Memories - I only saw half of this Hallmark M&M
> flick, and it was pure background noise. But the thing that most struck
> me is how old Sarah Power looks these days... :(

Was she a ginger? She needs to go back to the raven hair.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<tkr6ma$1g3tk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164616&group=rec.arts.tv#164616

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 08:40:42 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 16:40 UTC

On 11/13/2022 7:04 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-13 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> soaps: GH - Thur's ep. Ha! Esme ends up causing Lizzie to clunk her
> head, but not before Lizzie calls the cops on Esme. With Lizzie in and
> out of consciousness, Nikolas shows up and he and his goon recapture
> Esme! Later, Lizzie tells the cops what happened, but keeps Nikolas'
> involvement out of it. The cops are now looking for Esme, which Victor
> lets Ava know!... A wounded Dex is caught by Josslyn, who insists upon
> stitching up his wound; they almost kiss (blech!). Heather Webber kinds
> of holds Cameron hostage, but Cameron contacts Dante, who shows up and
> takes Heather back into custody.
>
> The Royal Nanny - Hallmark Channel X-Mas flick starring Rachel Skarsten
> was pretty standard fare. But they once again had her use a British
> accent (actually, the entire cast did!), and frankly, she's not very
> good at it. Also, Skarsten is starting to look her age... This was
> barely passable.
>
> Our Italian Christmas Memories - I only saw half of this Hallmark M&M
> flick, and it was pure background noise. But the thing that most struck
> me is how old Sarah Power looks these days...  :(

I'll be switching to Christmas movie watching mode next month.

I finished off my Lord of the Rings 4K box set by watching:

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K) Peter Jackson's
2001 epic fantasy based on the classic J. R. R. Tolkien novel. Set
many years after the events of "The Hobbit," Gandalf returns for Bilbo's
111th birthday only to discover Bilbo's magic ring has a dark secret and
it's up to Bilbo's nephew Frodo to save the world. This movie held up
GREAT! The 4K disc looked and sounded outstanding. The score was
beautiful. I forgot just how good this movie is. "You shall not pass!"

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (4K disc) - With the Fellowship
now broken Frodo and his lifemate Sam meet a strange new guide who who
promises to take them to Mordor. Meanwhile the surviving members of the
fellowship battle Saruman and defend Helm's Deep. The battle of Helm's
Deep still blows me away. Another great movie.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (4K disc) - Concluding
film in the trilogy which wraps everything up. I foolishly watched the
extended versions of these movies and tried to stuff them all into one
day, so I was pretty warn out by the time this wrapped up. But the
movie was great. And since this was the extended version it included
the mouth of Sauron scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN-5dTGFyNU

Voices of a Distant Star (Netflix disc rental) - I got tired of
constantly renting discs only to find that I could have streamed the
same movie so for the past couple of months I've been actively only
renting discs of movies that aren't streamable, at least not on a
premium streaming channel. And this was the disc I found. It's a 2002
Japanese animated short film (30 minutes). Set in the backdrop of an
interstellar war between humanity and some aggressive alien species, the
plot involves a teenage girl and boy who have feelings for each other.
The girl joins the war effort while the boy stays on Earth. They write
emails to each other. But thanks to faster than light speed travel and
time dilation he grows old while she stays young. It's a nice enough story.

SNL - Dave Chappelle hosts a great episode.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<atropos-D3F448.09394313112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164621&group=rec.arts.tv#164621

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 09:40:18 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:40 UTC

In article <tkr6ma$1g3tk$1@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K) Peter Jackson's
> 2001 epic fantasy based on the classic J.R.R. Tolkien novel. Set
> many years after the events of "The Hobbit," Gandalf returns for Bilbo's
> 111th birthday only to discover Bilbo's magic ring has a dark secret and
> it's up to Bilbo's nephew Frodo to save the world. This movie held up
> GREAT! The 4K disc looked and sounded outstanding. The score was
> beautiful. I forgot just how good this movie is. "You shall not pass!"
>
> The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (4K disc) - With the Fellowship
> now broken Frodo and his lifemate Sam meet a strange new guide who who
> promises to take them to Mordor. Meanwhile the surviving members of the
> fellowship battle Saruman and defend Helm's Deep. The battle of Helm's
> Deep still blows me away.

Whose brilliant idea was it to design an impenetrable fortress with a
drainage culvert in the middle of the main wall in the first place?

> The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (4K disc) - Concluding
> film in the trilogy which wraps everything up. I foolishly watched the
> extended versions of these movies and tried to stuff them all into one
> day, so I was pretty warn out by the time this wrapped up. But the
> movie was great. And since this was the extended version it included
> the mouth of Sauron scene.

The story would have been a lot shorter if anyone had just thought of
using the eagles to get *to* Mordor instead of just getting back *from*
Mordor.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<171141115.690054025.524257.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164625&group=rec.arts.tv#164625

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:53:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:53 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

STAR TREK STRANGE NEW WORLDS S01E10
On Paramont + the worst streaming app I have which is something to say
given that Apple TV + doesn’t even launch
Already discussed elsewhere, a lousy show created by lousy people. One and
done.

While I was at Paramont plus I watched the first two feature length SHADOW
movies which were very short and shouldn’t be counted as movies at all.

THE SHADOW STRIKES
Lamont Granston (SIC) seems to have no powers or anything but sometimes
wears a black hat and coat but investigates mostly in his civilian
identity. Also he’s not so much of a shadow as he is a silhouette…

INTERNATIONAL CRIME
The same Shadow actor plays Lamont Cranston this time. It’s based on a
Shadow story that has the word Shadow right in the title so I’m not sure
why you bother to make a Shadow movie out of a Shadow book and change the
title to not include the word Shadow… Anyway this one is a very different
set up where he’s a reporter who has a crime column and crime radio show
and the shadow is just the name and the drawing they stick on his column
and literally everybody everywhere knows his real identity. He does pick up
Margo Lane in this one although her name is Phoebe Lane and the various
articles Ian has written about the Shadow don’t count her. She plays a
total annoying complete ditz just like Penelope Ann Miller did in the Alec
Baldwin movie and she even looks like Miller or vice a versa. These were
the worst imaginable prints available with all sorts of damage and hunks of
them missing. People actually pay for Paramont +?

Just to demonstrate how much spellcheck hates me, it changed every instance
of the word shadow above to Château. And then the Star Trek review it
changed star to an Asterix and trek to track.

So Hulu stopped working, both on the PS3 and on the Cox box. The PS3 says
they’ve dropped support for older platforms so I tossed that. The Cox box
insisted on administrative and password changes so that all Disney products
everywhere would be interconnected. I can access the Hulu three different
ways and all three gave different explanations and then demanded different
stuff be done. The Cox box version didn’t work at all but the iPhone had an
alternate sign in which gave me a code I’m supposed to type into my mobile
device but that didn’t happen at all; instead it just launched the Apple
store and upgraded the mobile app which now worked. And suddenly without my
touching it the DVR app came to life as well. I don’t care for that system
at all.

Anyway I then watched… Something… But the app refuses to tell me what now.
Sigh.

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE (1953) on TCM
Early Cinemascope epic mostly featuring Robert Taylor as Lancelot of the
Lake. I’ve seen pieces of this over the years but it’s the first time I
ever sat down and watched the whole thing end to end. I enjoyed it but then
I’m a sucker for this stuff. And then I watched an episode of MERLIN on one
of my streamers but it’s on about four of them so I don’t know which one
snagged me with it…

Also I totally missed the theme song:

https://youtu.be/RjUoaOiErFo

I fell asleep with family feud running and woke up to some true crime
documentaries series where the crimes only get solved because the parents
harangue the cops to work on it for years.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<955b0d06-8958-48de-bca6-9b0f03531766n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164626&group=rec.arts.tv#164626

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:54:04 -0800 (PST)
From: ten...@world.std.com (tenworld)
 by: tenworld - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:54 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 12:38:08 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tkr6ma$1g3tk$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
> > The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K) Peter Jackson's
> > 2001 epic fantasy based on the classic J.R.R. Tolkien novel. Set
> > many years after the events of "The Hobbit," Gandalf returns for Bilbo's
> > 111th birthday only to discover Bilbo's magic ring has a dark secret and
> > it's up to Bilbo's nephew Frodo to save the world. This movie held up
> > GREAT! The 4K disc looked and sounded outstanding. The score was
> > beautiful. I forgot just how good this movie is. "You shall not pass!"
> >
> > The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (4K disc) - With the Fellowship
> > now broken Frodo and his lifemate Sam meet a strange new guide who who
> > promises to take them to Mordor. Meanwhile the surviving members of the
> > fellowship battle Saruman and defend Helm's Deep. The battle of Helm's
> > Deep still blows me away.
> Whose brilliant idea was it to design an impenetrable fortress with a
> drainage culvert in the middle of the main wall in the first place?
> > The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (4K disc) - Concluding
> > film in the trilogy which wraps everything up. I foolishly watched the
> > extended versions of these movies and tried to stuff them all into one
> > day, so I was pretty warn out by the time this wrapped up. But the
> > movie was great. And since this was the extended version it included
> > the mouth of Sauron scene.
> The story would have been a lot shorter if anyone had just thought of
> using the eagles to get *to* Mordor instead of just getting back *from*
> Mordor.

and if storm troopers could shoot straight we would never have been subjected to Jar Jar

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-12 (Saturday)

<6d506590-7a18-4a85-b66e-32d5c5195831n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164631&group=rec.arts.tv#164631

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 11:28:34 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:28 UTC

On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 8:57:35 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> After an arduous workout, I watched:

> What did you watch?

I watched Dave Chappelle buy time and learn two new words on Saturday Night Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-gO0HSCYk

Lard Have Mercy !