All's well that ends.

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LordUbiquitous
+- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actoranim8rfsk
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Last Doctor
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Last Doctor
||| +* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playBlueshirt
||| `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
|||`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
||| `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
|||  +* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||  |`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playsuzeeq
|||  | +- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||  | `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
|||  `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|||   `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playBlueshirt
|||    `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playUbiquitous
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoUbiquitous
[...]

Pages:123
Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbcira$2m2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1647&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1647

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 04:38:21 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 08:38 UTC

The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the show's
first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022 after two
specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman of band Years
and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's a Sin.

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbcj9s$2v5b$94@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1648&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1648

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:37:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:37 UTC

In article <sbcira$2m2$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the show's
>first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022 after two
>specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman of band Years
>and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
>showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's a Sin.

Just a rumour.

>--
>Trump won.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<1141897562.646580852.873612.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1649&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1649

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor
to play the Time Lord
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:02:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:02 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the show's
> first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022 after two
> specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman of band Years
> and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
> showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's a Sin.
>
> --
> Trump won.

He says no.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-doctor-who-star-after-all-2979916

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbcli5$roc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1650&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1650

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:15:32 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:15 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the
>> show's first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022
>> after two specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman
>> of band Years and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former
>> Doctor Who showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's
>> a Sin.
>
>He says no.
>
>https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-doctor-who-star-after-all-2979916

Eek! I'm relieved now after seeing him.

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD57674109CB8taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1652&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1652

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:09:00 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:09 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and
> the show's first gay star

Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD576761FC07taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1653

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:09:46 -0700

> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor
>>> and the show's first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker
>>> stepping down in 2022 after two specials are true. Alexander
>>> first found fame as the frontman of band Years and Years.
>>> Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
>>> showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's
>>> a Sin.
>>
>>He says no.
>>
>>https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-docto
>>r-who-star-after-all-2979916
>
> Eek! I'm relieved now after seeing him.

Based on the first picture, that dude should be starring in a Tom
Hanks biopic.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbd0in$k7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1654

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play
the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:23:35 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:23 UTC

suzee@imbris.com wrote:
> On 6/28/2021 07:49 AM, RichA wrote:
>> On Monday, 28 June 2021 at 09:29:18 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the show's
>>> first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022 after two
>>> specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman of band Years
>>> and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
>>> showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's a Sin.
>>
>> I don't recall Dr. Who displaying any sexual orientation before, like having an
>> affair with his female co-star. Why would he have to be a queer in it?
>
>Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll change the
>character.

Why not? They changed his sex.

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbd231$mn0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1655

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:49:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4fz1y9aMsAyBX0rpisr4Fi4W3Sk=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:49 UTC

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and
>> the show's first gay star
>
> Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?

Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but the rumour was
about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.

They must be /fought/.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD576FB3A84D2taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1656

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:58:50 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:58 UTC

The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in

> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>>
>>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor
>>> and the show's first gay star
>>
>> Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?
>>

> Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but
> the rumour was about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.

There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
guess.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD576FE90B3AFtaustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1657&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1657

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:00:04 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:00 UTC

> suzee@imbris.com wrote:

>>> I don't recall Dr. Who displaying any sexual orientation
>>> before, like having an affair with his female co-star. Why
>>> would he have to be a queer in it?
>>
>>Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll
>>change the character.
>
> Why not? They changed his sex.

In the current political climate, if they cast a caucasian man as the
new Doctor, it would be utterly impossible for him to *not* be gay
(or bi, at least, but even then he'd probably have to not be white).

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbd2oh$k7l$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1658&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1658

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:00:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:00 UTC

In article <sbd231$mn0$1@dont-email.me>, mike@xenocyte.com wrote:

>Chris isn't gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman

Ugh, he is the worst!

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbd6bl$8bs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1659&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1659

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 19:02:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:C6gnoabECFU2QnPVQ7h23Ixt2Hk=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 19:02 UTC

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in
>
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

>>> Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?
>>>

>> Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but
>> the rumour was about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.
>>
> There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
> the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
> guess.

There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
after about 6 years.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdesl$q0p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1660&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1660

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:27:47 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:27 UTC

On 28/06/2021 20:02, The Last Doctor wrote:
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in

>>> Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but
>>> the rumour was about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.
>>>
>> There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
>> the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
>> guess.
>
> There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
> he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
> after about 6 years.

I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdg05$1fh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1661&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1661

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:46:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:oJHe5YZX4VfQ1F7UeesYK6hBvV8=
 by: The Last Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:46 UTC

Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> On 28/06/2021 20:02, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in

>>> There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
>>> the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
>>> guess.
>>
>> There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
>> he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
>> after about 6 years.
>
> I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
> can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
> not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
> Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)

All fair points … I rather enjoyed Ravagers for Chris but it was a typical
BF convoluted timey wimey storyline, hoping Respond to all Calls is more
properly episodic.

Hoping to listen to the War Doctor Begins this week.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdk8e$2ekg$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1663&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1663

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:59:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:59 UTC

In article <1141897562.646580852.873612.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the show's
>> first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022 after two
>> specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman of band Years
>> and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former Doctor Who
>> showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's a Sin.
>>
>> --
>> Trump won.
>>

>He says no.
>
>https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-doctor-who-star-after-all-2979916
>
>—
>“The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”

Nexgt candidate whoever he might be!
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdk8u$2ekg$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1664&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1664

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:59:42 -0000 (UTC)

In article <sbcli5$roc$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and the
>>> show's first gay star if reports of Jodie Whittaker stepping down in 2022
>>> after two specials are true. Alexander first found fame as the frontman
>>> of band Years and Years. Recently, he's won raves for appearing in former
>>> Doctor Who showrunner Russell T. Davies' AIDS crisis limited series It's
>>> a Sin.
>>
>>He says no.
>>
>>https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-doctor-who-star-after-all-2979916
>
>Eek! I'm relieved now after seeing him.

Grand!

>--
>Trump won.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkgo$2ekg$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1665&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1665

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:03:52 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:03 UTC

In article <XnsAD57674109CB8taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and
>> the show's first gay star
>
>Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?

No. Why?

>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkh4$2ekg$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1666&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1666

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:04:04 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:04 UTC

In article <XnsAD576761FC07taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>>He says no.
>>>
>>>https://www.nme.com/news/tv/olly-alexander-will-not-be-next-docto
>>>r-who-star-after-all-2979916
>>
>> Eek! I'm relieved now after seeing him.
>
>Based on the first picture, that dude should be starring in a Tom
>Hanks biopic.

:-)

>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkhq$2ekg$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1667&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1667

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:04:26 -0000 (UTC)

In article <sbd0in$k7l$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>suzee@imbris.com wrote:

>>> I don't recall Dr. Who displaying any sexual orientation before, like
>having an
>>> affair with his female co-star. Why would he have to be a queer in it?
>>
>>Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll change the
>>character.
>
>Why not? They changed his sex.

The Timeless Child?

>--
>Trump won.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkk4$2ekg$16@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1668&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1668

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:05:40 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:05 UTC

In article <sbd231$mn0$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>>
>>> The 30-year-old It's a Sin star would become the 14th Doctor and
>>> the show's first gay star
>>
>> Eh? Have we forgotten Christopher Eccleston?
>>

>Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but the rumour was
>about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.

Thank you for the facts.

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdklp$2ekg$18@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1669&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1669

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:06:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:06 UTC

In article <XnsAD576FE90B3AFtaustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> suzee@imbris.com wrote:

>>>Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll
>>>change the character.
>>
>> Why not? They changed his sex.
>>
>In the current political climate, if they cast a caucasian man as the
>new Doctor, it would be utterly impossible for him to *not* be gay
>(or bi, at least, but even then he'd probably have to not be white).

And most reject the Timeless Children Arc!

>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkmd$2ekg$19@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1670&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1670

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:06:53 -0000 (UTC)

In article <sbd2oh$k7l$6@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>In article <sbd231$mn0$1@dont-email.me>, mike@xenocyte.com wrote:
>
>>Chris isn't gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman
>
>Ugh, he is the worst!

Then Chibnall turns up!

>--
>Trump won.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkns$2ekg$22@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1671&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1671

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:07:40 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:07 UTC

In article <sbd6bl$8bs$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in

>>> Chris isn’t gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman, but
>>> the rumour was about the Doctor being gay, not a companion.
>>>
>> There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
>> the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
>> guess.
>>

>There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
>he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
>after about 6 years.

Of ! Fun! :-(

>--
>There are some corners of the universe
> which have bred the most terrible things.
>Things which act against everything we believe in.
>
>They must be /fought/.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkrp$2ekg$28@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1672&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1672

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:09:45 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:09 UTC

In article <sbdesl$q0p$1@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 28/06/2021 20:02, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in

>>> There were rumors when the left the show about the actor, rather than
>>> the doctor. Shows you how much attention I pay to TV rumor land, I
>>> guess.
>>
>> There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
>> he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
>> after about 6 years.
>
>I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
>can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
>not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
>Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)

And still around. ! I love the A Word!
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbdkse$2ekg$29@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1673&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1673

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:10:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:10 UTC

In article <sbdg05$1fh$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> There were all sorts of rumours when he left the show. Possibly he’s bi but
>>> he was married in 2010 to a woman with who he’s had 2 kids, divorcing again
>>> after about 6 years.
>>
>> I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
>> can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
>> not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
>> Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)
>>

>All fair points … I rather enjoyed Ravagers for Chris but it was a typical
>BF convoluted timey wimey storyline, hoping Respond to all Calls is more
>properly episodic.
>
>Hoping to listen to the War Doctor Begins this week.

Have fun!