"If Diet Coke did not exist it would have been necessary to invent it." -- Karl Lehenbauer

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Stephen

SubjectAuthor
* Stephenlucretia
`* Re: Stephenkat
 +* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |`* Re: Stephenkat
 | `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |  `* Re: Stephenkat
 |   `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |    `* Re: Stephenkat
 |     `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |      `* Re: Stephenkat
 |       `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |        `* Re: Stephenkat
 |         `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |          `* Re: Stephenkat
 |           `* Re: Stephenlucretia
 |            `- Re: Stephenkat
 `* Re: Stephenlucretia
  `- Re: Stephenkat

1
Stephen

<75rukihq3aaro2ubrkbpoqh1viv3bsu3m9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1648&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1648

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Stephen
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 08:00:41 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:00 UTC

I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
faking it :)

Re: Stephen

<kr9bq5F1khU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1649&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1649

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Stephen
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53:26 +0000
 by: kat - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53 UTC

On 11/11/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
> faking it :)

Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)

The producer has said he might have got another 6 months out of Stephen but he
knew the audience had had enough of it. But the fall out can go on of course.

I only saw that episode last Sunday after we got home, and binged all the rest
of those I had recorded this week. So by last night I was up to date. And fall
out there is.
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<b81vkihbg8uhjdp0l88faeff2ecfmuj7ko@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1650&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1650

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:44:33 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 13:44 UTC

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53:26 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 11/11/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
>> faking it :)
>
>Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)
>
>The producer has said he might have got another 6 months out of Stephen but he
>knew the audience had had enough of it. But the fall out can go on of course.
>
>I only saw that episode last Sunday after we got home, and binged all the rest
>of those I had recorded this week. So by last night I was up to date. And fall
>out there is.

Wise producer, but I also think Stephen played his part well :)

Were you away in the Med again?

Re: Stephen

<kra2e1F4371U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1651&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1651

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:19:30 +0000
 by: kat - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:19 UTC

On 11/11/2023 13:44, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53:26 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
>>> faking it :)
>>
>> Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)
>>
>> The producer has said he might have got another 6 months out of Stephen but he
>> knew the audience had had enough of it. But the fall out can go on of course.
>>
>> I only saw that episode last Sunday after we got home, and binged all the rest
>> of those I had recorded this week. So by last night I was up to date. And fall
>> out there is.
>
> Wise producer, but I also think Stephen played his part well :)

Oh yes, I think he had a lot of fun with that part!

> Were you away in the Med again?

Florida, for 3 1/2 weeks. A few days then one daughter and her family joined us
for two weeks, a few more days and my other daughter and son and families for
two weeks. So for around 10 days there were 14 ( my 3 have 2 each) of us in one
huge house, then we had a couple of days to recover - and pack to come home.:-)

It was great fun, they did a lot more than we did, as they are younger and the
kids want the theme parks whereas we have been there, done that, and worn out
the tshirts. But we did all go to a halloween party evening at Disney, came
home with bags of sweets, and Philip and I took ourselevs off for picnics at
state parks and other more gentle activities!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<4kh1liph55n5v14vo1j6ngmeec7sral73k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1652&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1652

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 08:39:23 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 12:39 UTC

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:19:30 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 11/11/2023 13:44, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53:26 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)
>>>
>>> The producer has said he might have got another 6 months out of Stephen but he
>>> knew the audience had had enough of it. But the fall out can go on of course.
>>>
>>> I only saw that episode last Sunday after we got home, and binged all the rest
>>> of those I had recorded this week. So by last night I was up to date. And fall
>>> out there is.
>>
>> Wise producer, but I also think Stephen played his part well :)
>
>Oh yes, I think he had a lot of fun with that part!
>

>> Were you away in the Med again?
>
>Florida, for 3 1/2 weeks. A few days then one daughter and her family joined us
>for two weeks, a few more days and my other daughter and son and families for
>two weeks. So for around 10 days there were 14 ( my 3 have 2 each) of us in one
>huge house, then we had a couple of days to recover - and pack to come home.:-)
>
>It was great fun, they did a lot more than we did, as they are younger and the
>kids want the theme parks whereas we have been there, done that, and worn out
>the tshirts. But we did all go to a halloween party evening at Disney, came
>home with bags of sweets, and Philip and I took ourselevs off for picnics at
>state parks and other more gentle activities!

Phew! You've got lots of energy :) I don't think I'll go there
again, not since one of the Presidential candidates said he would
build a wall between the US of A and Canada! He lives in Florida so
maybe you were there when he said it lol

Re: Stephen

<krcnibFiau7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1653

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:32:28 +0000
 by: kat - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:32 UTC

On 12/11/2023 12:39, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:19:30 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2023 13:44, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> Wise producer, but I also think Stephen played his part well :)
>>
>> Oh yes, I think he had a lot of fun with that part!
>>

>>> Were you away in the Med again?
>>
>> Florida, for 3 1/2 weeks. A few days then one daughter and her family joined us
>> for two weeks, a few more days and my other daughter and son and families for
>> two weeks. So for around 10 days there were 14 ( my 3 have 2 each) of us in one
>> huge house, then we had a couple of days to recover - and pack to come home.:-)
>>
>> It was great fun, they did a lot more than we did, as they are younger and the
>> kids want the theme parks whereas we have been there, done that, and worn out
>> the tshirts. But we did all go to a halloween party evening at Disney, came
>> home with bags of sweets, and Philip and I took ourselevs off for picnics at
>> state parks and other more gentle activities!
>
> Phew! You've got lots of energy :) I don't think I'll go there
> again, not since one of the Presidential candidates said he would
> build a wall between the US of A and Canada! He lives in Florida so
> maybe you were there when he said it lol

I wouldn't say I have got lots of energy, that's why we didn't do much except
soak up some heat. made Philip's aches go away, he has RA, and the weather
suited him a lot.

No idea what De Santis ( I think it is?) has been saying, managed to avoid much
news, there, here and everywhere, not that I couldn't have watched tv or
whatever but not holiday fare is it! last time we were over there it was all
about the coming pandemic (we got the flight before last home in 2020) and that
was nearly as bad as being in Boston on 9/11 and getting home 5 days late.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<cbd2li1jt3tamaecjdpc5gmjt0lsjo630d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1654

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:42:15 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 20:42 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:32:28 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 12/11/2023 12:39, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 19:19:30 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Oh yes, I think he had a lot of fun with that part!

>>> Florida, for 3 1/2 weeks. A few days then one daughter and her family joined us
>>> for two weeks, a few more days and my other daughter and son and families for
>>> two weeks. So for around 10 days there were 14 ( my 3 have 2 each) of us in one
>>> huge house, then we had a couple of days to recover - and pack to come home.:-)
>>>
>>> It was great fun, they did a lot more than we did, as they are younger and the
>>> kids want the theme parks whereas we have been there, done that, and worn out
>>> the tshirts. But we did all go to a halloween party evening at Disney, came
>>> home with bags of sweets, and Philip and I took ourselevs off for picnics at
>>> state parks and other more gentle activities!
>>
>> Phew! You've got lots of energy :) I don't think I'll go there
>> again, not since one of the Presidential candidates said he would
>> build a wall between the US of A and Canada! He lives in Florida so
>> maybe you were there when he said it lol
>
>I wouldn't say I have got lots of energy, that's why we didn't do much except
>soak up some heat. made Philip's aches go away, he has RA, and the weather
>suited him a lot.
>
>No idea what De Santis ( I think it is?) has been saying, managed to avoid much
>news, there, here and everywhere, not that I couldn't have watched tv or
>whatever but not holiday fare is it! last time we were over there it was all
>about the coming pandemic (we got the flight before last home in 2020) and that
>was nearly as bad as being in Boston on 9/11 and getting home 5 days late.

Amazingly it wasn't De Santis it was "biotech entrepreneur Vivek
Ramaswamy" - apparently his business is really thriving.

9/11 Many planes en route to the US were grounded here. I offered to
put someone up and they sent me a Muslim woman who could only stay at
a home where no men were present! I didn't tell her the cat was a
tom. She spoke no English, she was en route to Denver to stay with
her son, but we managed with hand waving and pen and paper :) Because
I was a widow and no unannounced men could arrive, she did away with
her hajib for the duration.

David had desperate RA and his best help was marujana, we had quit
smoking by then so I used to bake brownies laced with dope. It wasn't
legal then so I would meet a man in a car in a store car park and do
the deed. Bad luck for him, one lot contained seeds as well, so
pretty soon I had my own stock growing :) I know it doesn't work for
all but it sure did for David so it might for Philip, worth a try.

Re: Stephen

<kref4bFrdm6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1655

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:20:44 +0000
 by: kat - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:20 UTC

On 12/11/2023 20:42, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 19:32:28 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/2023 12:39, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> Phew! You've got lots of energy :) I don't think I'll go there
>>> again, not since one of the Presidential candidates said he would
>>> build a wall between the US of A and Canada! He lives in Florida so
>>> maybe you were there when he said it lol
>>
>> I wouldn't say I have got lots of energy, that's why we didn't do much except
>> soak up some heat. made Philip's aches go away, he has RA, and the weather
>> suited him a lot.
>>
>> No idea what De Santis ( I think it is?) has been saying, managed to avoid much
>> news, there, here and everywhere, not that I couldn't have watched tv or
>> whatever but not holiday fare is it! last time we were over there it was all
>> about the coming pandemic (we got the flight before last home in 2020) and that
>> was nearly as bad as being in Boston on 9/11 and getting home 5 days late.
>
> Amazingly it wasn't De Santis it was "biotech entrepreneur Vivek
> Ramaswamy" - apparently his business is really thriving.
>
> 9/11 Many planes en route to the US were grounded here. I offered to
> put someone up and they sent me a Muslim woman who could only stay at
> a home where no men were present! I didn't tell her the cat was a
> tom. She spoke no English, she was en route to Denver to stay with
> her son, but we managed with hand waving and pen and paper :) Because
> I was a widow and no unannounced men could arrive, she did away with
> her hajib for the duration.

I doubt she cared about the cat. ;-)

I bet she felt more comfortable too, I see some Muslim women who manage to cover
their hair and look fashionable, with a sort of turban affair, but others just
look smothered. I wouldn't be able to wear it now and hear anything, would make
my hearing aids whine ( hats do) so I wonder how they manage sometimes.

Maybe with hand waving and pen and paper. ;-)

We did fly home in 2020 the day we were booked to go. The plane arriving the
next day was the last flight back to the UK. We were staying in a nice little
house on a development with a golf course which was part owned by people as
their own second homes, or full time homes, as well as some being rented out by
the owners. On one side new people were due in, but obviously never came. On
the other a lovely couple from up north had to cut their winter in the sun short
as their family insisted they returned home immediately - but they had a car.

But back on 9/11 we were staying, just for a week, north of Boston, and that was
midway through our break, we were due to fly home on the Friday. We did
literally go into Boston that day and all hell had broken loose, when we got
there we had no idea why. Logan was the last airport to reopen, and all BA
could suggest was, turn up at 5 in the morning and see if there will be a seat.
Which meant getting up around 3. No way we said, when can you guarantee a
seat. Wednesday they said and we took that and the hotel had room and the car
company said keep it, so we just had a longer break paid for by the insurance.
I do have a friend in Detroit who said come here, but we were ok and nearer to
the flight home.

But it sure caused a lot of people a lot of difficulties quite aside from the
tragedy itself.

> David had desperate RA and his best help was marujana, we had quit
> smoking by then so I used to bake brownies laced with dope. It wasn't
> legal then so I would meet a man in a car in a store car park and do
> the deed. Bad luck for him, one lot contained seeds as well, so
> pretty soon I had my own stock growing :) I know it doesn't work for
> all but it sure did for David so it might for Philip, worth a try.

Well, it might, but it isn't legal here so no go! Backing up almost 60 years I
would have known just how to get my hands on it, now, no. On rare occasions it
can be prescribed by a doctor, but RA isn't one of the conditions that it is
ever considered for.
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<t74llihue6l4n9dqskln5uaier6413jrvh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1656

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 18:54:33 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:54 UTC

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:20:44 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>I do have a friend in Detroit who said come here, but we were ok and nearer to
>the flight home.
>
>But it sure caused a lot of people a lot of difficulties quite aside from the
>tragedy itself.
>

>> David had desperate RA and his best help was marujana, we had quit
>> smoking by then so I used to bake brownies laced with dope. It wasn't
>> legal then so I would meet a man in a car in a store car park and do
>> the deed. Bad luck for him, one lot contained seeds as well, so
>> pretty soon I had my own stock growing :) I know it doesn't work for
>> all but it sure did for David so it might for Philip, worth a try.
>
>Well, it might, but it isn't legal here so no go! Backing up almost 60 years I
>would have known just how to get my hands on it, now, no. On rare occasions it
>can be prescribed by a doctor, but RA isn't one of the conditions that it is

I have been told since that in many cases it's only certain varieties
of dope that work (we were lucky that the first one I got was the one
for him) and that also it can work the other way, not all RA reacts
the same way to the same variety, so it's very much hit or miss. I
know many people today advocate cannabis oil but in chat with a doctor
friend when I asked about it, he said there is little consistency with
the oils and best not to use it, especially for pets who can't tell
you how they are feeling :)

Re: Stephen

<vi4llidvk9mmkqd3ckcg31u01le3echmpt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1657&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1657

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 18:58:39 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:58 UTC

wrote:

>On 11/11/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
>> faking it :)
>
>Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)

Just saw that part today when he spoke to Audrey again and said he
would do the funeral after all and then advised her against burial and
a gravestone and I thought to myself, oooh this will be quite the
funeral lol

I also think Tim's going to have PTSD about his near murder.

>The producer has said he might have got another 6 months out of Stephen but he
>knew the audience had had enough of it. But the fall out can go on of course.
>
>I only saw that episode last Sunday after we got home, and binged all the rest
>of those I had recorded this week. So by last night I was up to date. And fall
>out there is.

Re: Stephen

<ks14l6F4nvtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1658&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1658

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:18:32 +0000
 by: kat - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:18 UTC

On 19/11/2023 22:54, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> [...]
>>> all but it sure did for David so it might for Philip, worth a try.
>>
>> Well, it might, but it isn't legal here so no go! Backing up almost 60 years I
>> would have known just how to get my hands on it, now, no. On rare occasions it
>> can be prescribed by a doctor, but RA isn't one of the conditions that it is
>> ever considered for.
>
> I have been told since that in many cases it's only certain varieties
> of dope that work (we were lucky that the first one I got was the one
> for him) and that also it can work the other way, not all RA reacts
> the same way to the same variety, so it's very much hit or miss. I
> know many people today advocate cannabis oil but in chat with a doctor
> friend when I asked about it, he said there is little consistency with
> the oils and best not to use it, especially for pets who can't tell

LOL, wouldn't have thought of using it for a pet!

Philip said he has thought about it, but yeah, you don't know what you are
getting really, so much variation.

Silly thing is, I am the one who qualifies for a disabled badge, the difference
being walking is something of a problem, whereas it makes him feel better! I
don't sit around feeling the pain, but walking too much makes my back hurt due
to a bit of a twist in my spine.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<ks14p2F4nvtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1659&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1659

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:20:36 +0000
 by: kat - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:20 UTC

On 19/11/2023 22:58, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:53:26 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> I just saw the episode where he appeared to be dead - hope he's not
>>> faking it :)
>>
>> Given you will see problems surrounding a funeral, so do I. ;-)
>
> Just saw that part today when he spoke to Audrey again and said he
> would do the funeral after all and then advised her against burial and
> a gravestone and I thought to myself, oooh this will be quite the
> funeral lol
>
> I also think Tim's going to have PTSD about his near murder.

Not to mention what it all does to Peter. ;-)

The knock on effects will continue, for sure, for them and for others.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<latmlidm6a6sgf1dsifu87imno2ldd36rs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1660&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1660

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:07:03 -0400
References: <75rukihq3aaro2ubrkbpoqh1viv3bsu3m9@4ax.com> <kr9bq5F1khU1@mid.individual.net> <b81vkihbg8uhjdp0l88faeff2ecfmuj7ko@4ax.com> <kra2e1F4371U1@mid.individual.net> <4kh1liph55n5v14vo1j6ngmeec7sral73k@4ax.com> <krcnibFiau7U1@mid.individual.net> <cbd2li1jt3tamaecjdpc5gmjt0lsjo630d@4ax.com> <kref4bFrdm6U1@mid.individual.net> <t74llihue6l4n9dqskln5uaier6413jrvh@4ax.com> <ks14l6F4nvtU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:07 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:18:32 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 19/11/2023 22:54, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:20:44 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
snipped for brevity

>> I have been told since that in many cases it's only certain varieties
>> of dope that work (we were lucky that the first one I got was the one
>> for him) and that also it can work the other way, not all RA reacts
>> the same way to the same variety, so it's very much hit or miss. I
>> know many people today advocate cannabis oil but in chat with a doctor
>> friend when I asked about it, he said there is little consistency with
>> the oils and best not to use it, especially for pets who can't tell
>> you how they are feeling :)
>>

>LOL, wouldn't have thought of using it for a pet!

They promote it all the time here for pets, I wouldn't dream of trying
it with my cat!

>Philip said he has thought about it, but yeah, you don't know what you are
>getting really, so much variation.
>
>Silly thing is, I am the one who qualifies for a disabled badge, the difference
>being walking is something of a problem, whereas it makes him feel better! I
>don't sit around feeling the pain, but walking too much makes my back hurt due
>to a bit of a twist in my spine.

To this day, I am using Davids disabled sticker but I do only use it
if I am having a painful day or I am giving a ride to someone who has
one anyway. I probably could have my own but can't be bothered
filling out all the forms :)

Re: Stephen

<ks3golFnen8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1661&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1661

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:57:25 +0000
<latmlidm6a6sgf1dsifu87imno2ldd36rs@4ax.com>
 by: kat - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:57 UTC

On 20/11/2023 15:07, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:18:32 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 19/11/2023 22:54, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:20:44 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> snipped for brevity
>>>
>>> I have been told since that in many cases it's only certain varieties
>>> of dope that work (we were lucky that the first one I got was the one
>>> for him) and that also it can work the other way, not all RA reacts
>>> the same way to the same variety, so it's very much hit or miss. I
>>> know many people today advocate cannabis oil but in chat with a doctor
>>> friend when I asked about it, he said there is little consistency with
>>> the oils and best not to use it, especially for pets who can't tell
>>> you how they are feeling :)
>>>

>> LOL, wouldn't have thought of using it for a pet!
>
> They promote it all the time here for pets, I wouldn't dream of trying
> it with my cat!
>>
>> Philip said he has thought about it, but yeah, you don't know what you are
>> getting really, so much variation.
>>
>> Silly thing is, I am the one who qualifies for a disabled badge, the difference
>> being walking is something of a problem, whereas it makes him feel better! I
>> don't sit around feeling the pain, but walking too much makes my back hurt due
>> to a bit of a twist in my spine.
>
> To this day, I am using Davids disabled sticker but I do only use it
> if I am having a painful day or I am giving a ride to someone who has
> one anyway. I probably could have my own but can't be bothered
> filling out all the forms :)

That would be a naughty here, mine says who I am!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<gk6plitp0nn2r5fmb66q6li87n9o5q9pcq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1662&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1662

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:56:29 -0400
References: <75rukihq3aaro2ubrkbpoqh1viv3bsu3m9@4ax.com> <kr9bq5F1khU1@mid.individual.net> <b81vkihbg8uhjdp0l88faeff2ecfmuj7ko@4ax.com> <kra2e1F4371U1@mid.individual.net> <4kh1liph55n5v14vo1j6ngmeec7sral73k@4ax.com> <krcnibFiau7U1@mid.individual.net> <cbd2li1jt3tamaecjdpc5gmjt0lsjo630d@4ax.com> <kref4bFrdm6U1@mid.individual.net> <t74llihue6l4n9dqskln5uaier6413jrvh@4ax.com> <ks14l6F4nvtU1@mid.individual.net> <latmlidm6a6sgf1dsifu87imno2ldd36rs@4ax.com> <ks3golFnen8U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:56 UTC

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:57:25 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 20/11/2023 15:07, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:18:32 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> snipped for brevity

>>> LOL, wouldn't have thought of using it for a pet!
>>
>> They promote it all the time here for pets, I wouldn't dream of trying
>> it with my cat!
>>>
>>> Philip said he has thought about it, but yeah, you don't know what you are
>>> getting really, so much variation.
>>>
>>> Silly thing is, I am the one who qualifies for a disabled badge, the difference
>>> being walking is something of a problem, whereas it makes him feel better! I
>>> don't sit around feeling the pain, but walking too much makes my back hurt due
>>> to a bit of a twist in my spine.
>>
>> To this day, I am using Davids disabled sticker but I do only use it
>> if I am having a painful day or I am giving a ride to someone who has
>> one anyway. I probably could have my own but can't be bothered
>> filling out all the forms :)
>
>That would be a naughty here, mine says who I am!

It is here too but I make sure to place it so the name is not obvious,
worked so far :) It's also environmentally friendly, not using more
plastic!

Re: Stephen

<ks669rFe289U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1663&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1663

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:17:16 +0000
<latmlidm6a6sgf1dsifu87imno2ldd36rs@4ax.com>
<ks3golFnen8U1@mid.individual.net>
<gk6plitp0nn2r5fmb66q6li87n9o5q9pcq@4ax.com>
 by: kat - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:17 UTC

On 21/11/2023 11:56, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:57:25 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 20/11/2023 15:07, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> snipped for brevity

>>> They promote it all the time here for pets, I wouldn't dream of trying
>>> it with my cat!

>>> To this day, I am using Davids disabled sticker but I do only use it
>>> if I am having a painful day or I am giving a ride to someone who has
>>> one anyway. I probably could have my own but can't be bothered
>>> filling out all the forms :)
>>
>> That would be a naughty here, mine says who I am!
>
> It is here too but I make sure to place it so the name is not obvious,
> worked so far :) It's also environmentally friendly, not using more
> plastic!

True, good excuse there. ;-)

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Stephen

<v4isli1vhh534p3l87aeg6u9u80gv9gbki@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1664&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1664

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:31:06 -0400
References: <b81vkihbg8uhjdp0l88faeff2ecfmuj7ko@4ax.com> <kra2e1F4371U1@mid.individual.net> <4kh1liph55n5v14vo1j6ngmeec7sral73k@4ax.com> <krcnibFiau7U1@mid.individual.net> <cbd2li1jt3tamaecjdpc5gmjt0lsjo630d@4ax.com> <kref4bFrdm6U1@mid.individual.net> <t74llihue6l4n9dqskln5uaier6413jrvh@4ax.com> <ks14l6F4nvtU1@mid.individual.net> <latmlidm6a6sgf1dsifu87imno2ldd36rs@4ax.com> <ks3golFnen8U1@mid.individual.net> <gk6plitp0nn2r5fmb66q6li87n9o5q9pcq@4ax.com> <ks669rFe289U1@mid.individual.net>
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 18:31 UTC

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:17:16 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 21/11/2023 11:56, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:57:25 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> That would be a naughty here, mine says who I am!
>>
>> It is here too but I make sure to place it so the name is not obvious,
>> worked so far :) It's also environmentally friendly, not using more
>> plastic!
>
>True, good excuse there. ;-)

Ooh things are heating up, just watched the one where Tim has blocked
the hearse!

Re: Stephen

<ks8hv3F18chU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1665&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1665

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:48:35 +0000
<gk6plitp0nn2r5fmb66q6li87n9o5q9pcq@4ax.com>
<ks669rFe289U1@mid.individual.net>
<v4isli1vhh534p3l87aeg6u9u80gv9gbki@4ax.com>
 by: kat - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:48 UTC

On 22/11/2023 18:31, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 11:17:16 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21/11/2023 11:56, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> It is here too but I make sure to place it so the name is not obvious,
>>> worked so far :) It's also environmentally friendly, not using more
>>> plastic!
>>
>> True, good excuse there. ;-)
>
> Ooh things are heating up, just watched the one where Tim has blocked
> the hearse!

We haven't seen quite so much of Tim more recently but we have seen plenty of
other side effects and ongoing consequences of the Stephen Saga.

(tiny spoiler follows -)

Even the loss of Van Diesel the Weasel. Because there has to be a lighter side
sometimes. ;-)
--
kat