Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 10:35:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hammer Time
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:35 UTC

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Thursday she will not seek reelection to her congressional leadership role, ending a two-decade streak as the top House Democrat that saw her become the first woman to lead the chamber.

Pelosi, speaking on the House floor, said she will remain a member of Congress and serve out the term to which she was just elected.

“With great confidence in our caucus, I will not seek reelection to Democratic leadership in the next Congress,” Pelosi said between rounds of applause throughout the 14-minute speech.

“For me, the hour has come for a new generation to lead the Democratic Congress that I so deeply respect,” Pelosi said. “And I am grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome responsibility.”

The announcement came a day after news outlets projected that Democrats would narrowly lose their House majority to Republicans following the midterm elections.

Pelosi, 82, has kept her future plans under wraps in the aftermath of the midterms, when Democrats exceeded expectations up and down the ballot. Republicans, who anticipated that a “red wave” would deliver them sweeping majorities in Congress, will instead take a thin lead in the House, per NBC News estimates.

Pelosi has also said that a recent attack on her husband, Paul Pelosi, by a hammer-wielding home intruder would affect her decision on whether to remain in leadership.

Nancy Pelosi to step down as House Democratic leader
NOV 17 2022 Kevin Breuninger
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/17/nancy-pelosi-to-step-down-as-house-democratic-leader-as-gop-to-take-majority.html

------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wS0Kw6k9c

Re: Hammer Time

<ofxdL.1109$Mlk.749@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165180&group=rec.arts.tv#165180

Subject: Re: Hammer Time
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 15:57:57 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:57 UTC

On 11/17/2022 1:35 PM, chromebook test wrote:
> House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Thursday she will not seek
> reelection to her congressional leadership role, ending a two-decade
> streak as the top House Democrat that saw her become the first woman
> to lead the chamber.
>
> Pelosi, speaking on the House floor, said she will remain a member of
> Congress and serve out the term to which she was just elected.
>
> “With great confidence in our caucus, I will not seek reelection to
> Democratic leadership in the next Congress,” Pelosi said between
> rounds of applause throughout the 14-minute speech.
>
> “For me, the hour has come for a new generation to lead the
> Democratic Congress that I so deeply respect,” Pelosi said. “And I am
> grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome
> responsibility.”
>
> The announcement came a day after news outlets projected that
> Democrats would narrowly lose their House majority to Republicans
> following the midterm elections.
>
> Pelosi, 82, has kept her future plans under wraps in the aftermath of
> the midterms, when Democrats exceeded expectations up and down the
> ballot. Republicans, who anticipated that a “red wave” would deliver
> them sweeping majorities in Congress, will instead take a thin lead
> in the House, per NBC News estimates.
>
> Pelosi has also said that a recent attack on her husband, Paul
> Pelosi, by a hammer-wielding home intruder would affect her decision
> on whether to remain in leadership.

Publicly acknowledging the terrorist's success seems an odd choice...

Re: Hammer Time

<a24e6ff1-b11c-4d01-84cb-bcba4fd37ab7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165189&group=rec.arts.tv#165189

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 13:55:43 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:55 UTC

On Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3:58:01 PM UTC-5, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/17/2022 1:35 PM, chromebook test wrote:
> > House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Thursday she will not seek
> > reelection to her congressional leadership role, ending a two-decade
> > streak as the top House Democrat that saw her become the first woman
> > to lead the chamber.
> >
> > Pelosi, speaking on the House floor, said she will remain a member of
> > Congress and serve out the term to which she was just elected.
> >
> > “With great confidence in our caucus, I will not seek reelection to
> > Democratic leadership in the next Congress,” Pelosi said between
> > rounds of applause throughout the 14-minute speech.
> >
> > “For me, the hour has come for a new generation to lead the
> > Democratic Congress that I so deeply respect,” Pelosi said. “And I am
> > grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome
> > responsibility.”
> >
> > The announcement came a day after news outlets projected that
> > Democrats would narrowly lose their House majority to Republicans
> > following the midterm elections.
> >
> > Pelosi, 82, has kept her future plans under wraps in the aftermath of
> > the midterms, when Democrats exceeded expectations up and down the
> > ballot. Republicans, who anticipated that a “red wave” would deliver
> > them sweeping majorities in Congress, will instead take a thin lead
> > in the House, per NBC News estimates.

> > Pelosi has also said that a recent attack on her husband, Paul
> > Pelosi, by a hammer-wielding home intruder would affect her decision
> > on whether to remain in leadership.

> Publicly acknowledging the terrorist's success seems an odd choice...

A man with only a pair of BVDs and a hammer did what a MAGA coup d'etat couldn't.

make America wear pants again