From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [NEWS] Aussie soap "Neighbours" to return after being cancelled
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:12:22 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 04:12 UTC

The show had a big finale a few months ago, with some past cast mambers
making an appearance and some past characters get mentioned. Now Amazon
is resurrecting the show (with at least some of the same recent cast),
but it will not be an Amazon Prime exclusive.

Neighbours returns months after being axed
Neighbours will make a triumphant return to TV screens
months after being axed.

The iconic Australian TV show ended in July after
37 years after Fremantle failed to find it a new home.

The long-running soap will air on Channel 10 - its old
home - and will be available to stream for free on
Amazon Freevee in the UK and US.

The revitalised series will also be available ad free
on Prime Video in Australia and New Zealand seven days
following the free to air viewing.

The final episode of Neighbours aired in July and
featured guest appearances from former stars Kylie
Minogue, Jason Donovan, Margot Robbie, Natalie
Imbruglia and Guy Pearce.

Hundreds of thousands tuned in around the world to bid
farewell to Ramsay Street - but it turns out it was
merely a goodbye for now.

Announcing the show's return, Neighbours tweeted a
clip of Susan Kennedy - played by Jackie Woodburne -
running up to her husband Dr Karl and Toadfish
Rebecchi to reveal the big news.

Twitter Video:
<https://twitter.com/NeighboursTV/status/1593182158155399168>

Paul Robinson, sporting a beard, then video calls in
to tell the crew that his diary is clear for the soap
to return in the second half of next year.

"We're coming back," the stars then announce.

"Thanks you for all the love and loyalty you've shown
us here at Neighbours," Dr Karl - played by Alan
Fletcher - says.

"We miss you and we can't wait to see you again," says
Susan.

"We can't wait to vein this exciting new adventure
with you."

Fans reacted with glee at news the show was making a
return.

"Oh my actual god!!! Crack open the fizz. This is the
happiest day ever!! The mourning is over. It's coming
baaaaaaaack!!!!!!! Yessssssssss," wrote one superfan.

"Wait, what?! Omg is this really happening?!" wrote
another fan, Sharyn.

"I am actually crying tears of joy....thanks soooooo
much for this. I cannot wait. Thanks to everyone for
make this happen," one delighted viewer said.

"Neighbours has captivated its audience for nearly
40 years, building a dedicated and loyal following
for the lives and stories of the characters on Ramsay
Street," said Lauren Anderson from Amazon Studios.

"With the power of streaming, we're able to offer a
catalogue of thousands of Neighbours episodes for new
audiences to discover this legendary series and
current fans to relive their favorite moments.

"We look forward to immersing the audience in new
Ramsay Street experiences when we relaunch the show
next year for Amazon Freevee and Prime Video
customers."

Jennifer Mullin, global CEO of Fremantle, said:
"Neighbours is a unique series with a powerful
connection with its fans across the world. We cherish
the show and all those who have been part of its
incredible story over many decades, so we are thrilled
that we have found a new home with Amazon Freevee.

"Thanks to the innovative Amazon Freevee platform,
many classic episodes will be available to fans, and
Neighbours will go back into full production in
Australia early next year, providing our fans with new
episodes.

"This partnership with Amazon Freevee marks an exciting
new chapter, and we look forward to collaborating with
them, along with our long-term and valued partner in
Australia, Network 10."

<https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/neighbours-returns-months-after-being-axed/4ARSYVMCZBHCRIMVV7LBWNW76E/>