Where's the man could ease a heart Like a satin gown? -- Dorothy Parker, "The Satin Dress"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Pickle...horrible

SubjectAuthor
* Pickle...horribleBill Idgerant
+* Re: Pickle...horribleBill Idgerant
|+* Re: Pickle...horribleBTR1701
||`- Re: Pickle...horribletrotsky
|`* Re: Pickle...horriblesuzeeq
| `* Re: Pickle...horribleAdam H. Kerman
|  +* Re: Pickle...horribleA Friend
|  |+* Re: Pickle...horribleshawn
|  ||+- Re: Pickle...horribleanim8rfsk
|  ||`- Re: Pickle...horribleAdam H. Kerman
|  |+* Re: Pickle...horribleanim8rfsk
|  ||`- Re: Pickle...horribleDimensional Traveler
|  |`- Re: Pickle...horribletrotsky
|  `- Re: Pickle...horriblesuzeeq
`- Re: Pickle...horribleUbiquitous

1
Pickle...horrible

<rcRdL.101$RPK2.58@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165389&group=rec.arts.tv#165389

From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Subject: Pickle...horrible
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:40:07 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:40 UTC

CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
start to finish.

Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to play
the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of play
left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if they
might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.

As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was mortifi
--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Pickle...horrible

<sfRdL.102$RPK2.41@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165391&group=rec.arts.tv#165391

Subject: Re: Pickle...horrible
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:43:20 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:43 UTC

On 2022-11-18 12:40 p.m., Bill Idgerant wrote:
> CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
> with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
> unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
> start to finish.
>
> Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to play
> the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of play
> left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if they
> might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.
>
> As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was mortifi

...mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!

--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Pickle...horrible

<atropos-19CCA7.12134818112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165395&group=rec.arts.tv#165395

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:14:23 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:14 UTC

In article <sfRdL.102$RPK2.41@fx44.iad>,
Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:

> On 2022-11-18 12:40 p.m., Bill Idgerant wrote:
> > CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
> > with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
> > unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
> > start to finish.
> >
> > Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to play
> > the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of play
> > left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if they
> > might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.
> >
> > As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was mortifi
>
> ..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
> and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!

The moment you saw the word "Colbert" associated with it, you should
have know it was going to be horrible.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tl8q4v$10omp$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165399&group=rec.arts.tv#165399

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:32:30 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:32 UTC

On 11/18/2022 11:43 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2022-11-18 12:40 p.m., Bill Idgerant wrote:
>> CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
>> with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
>> unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
>> start to finish.
>>
>> Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to
>> play the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of
>> play left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if
>> they might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.
>>
>> As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was
>> mortifi
>
> ..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
> and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!

Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tl90pj$1849$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165415&group=rec.arts.tv#165415

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:25:55 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:25 UTC

On 11/18/22 2:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <sfRdL.102$RPK2.41@fx44.iad>,
> Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-18 12:40 p.m., Bill Idgerant wrote:
>>> CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
>>> with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
>>> unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
>>> start to finish.
>>>
>>> Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to play
>>> the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of play
>>> left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if they
>>> might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.
>>>
>>> As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was mortifi
>>
>> ..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
>> and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!
>
> The moment you saw the word "Colbert" associated with it, you should
> have know it was going to be horrible.

Sure, because the nonexistent right wing comedians would've been better,
correct?

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165703&group=rec.arts.tv#165703

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:26:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:26 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 11/18/2022 11:43 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
>>On 2022-11-18 12:40 p.m., Bill Idgerant wrote:

>>>CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon on Thursday night
>>>with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
>>>unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
>>>start to finish.

>>>Stephen Colbert hosted and a string of "C" list celebs attempted to
>>>play the game, but the juvenile puns, silly costumes, awful level of
>>>play left me with a sinking feeling that anyone tuning in to see if
>>>they might want to take up the game would think it's a game for idiots.

>>>As a regular pickleballer, who plays at a decent level (4.0), I was
>>>mortifi

>>..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
>>and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!

>Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
>That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.

In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
corrupted my youth.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<201120221838456736%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165706&group=rec.arts.tv#165706

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:38:45 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 23:38 UTC

In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> >>..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
> >>and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!
>
> >Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
> >That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.
>
> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
> corrupted my youth.

Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
Thanks for the mammaries.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tlee3f$13fid$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165708&group=rec.arts.tv#165708

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 15:43:41 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 23:43 UTC

On 11/20/2022 2:26 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> ..mortified. A number of my regular pickleball pals also saw the show
>>> and had similar reactions: Embarrassing! Stupid! What a waste of time!
>
>> Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
>> That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.
>
> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
> corrupted my youth.

Yeah, I guess that's part of what made it entertaining too.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<u7ilnh1n1eslaqr8lhr7hb5c60c159k5u2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165711&group=rec.arts.tv#165711

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:53:41 -0500
 by: shawn - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 01:53 UTC

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:38:45 -0500, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
><ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>> >Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
>> >That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.
>>
>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>> corrupted my youth.
>

>Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
>Thanks for the mammaries.

Yes, there did seem to be a common theme. Couldn't find a yellow
see-through but did find Charlene in blue and in green.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/88/f1/0488f1dd347736e78174348cbecb50f0.jpg
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/fabulous-female-celebs-of-the-past/images/10733063/title/erin-gray-screencap/37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8OcVQ_Ss_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09UgRIpWqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45bHeyaDg0

Re: Pickle...horrible

<723336213.690692018.229049.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165713&group=rec.arts.tv#165713

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:00:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 03:00 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
>>> That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.
>>
>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>> corrupted my youth.
>

> Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
> Thanks for the mammaries.

Charlene Tilton is not so much gorgeous as Miss Piggy come to life.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<206806224.690692179.678355.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165714&group=rec.arts.tv#165714

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:00:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 03:00 UTC

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:38:45 -0500, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>>> corrupted my youth.
>>

>> Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
>> Thanks for the mammaries.
>
> Yes, there did seem to be a common theme. Couldn't find a yellow
> see-through but did find Charlene in blue and in green.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/88/f1/0488f1dd347736e78174348cbecb50f0.jpg
> https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/fabulous-female-celebs-of-the-past/images/10733063/title/erin-gray-screencap/37
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8OcVQ_Ss_0
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09UgRIpWqk
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45bHeyaDg0

Erin Grey
Sigh

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tletk3$3o3ms$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165718&group=rec.arts.tv#165718

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:08:38 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:08 UTC

On 11/20/2022 7:00 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>>> corrupted my youth.
>>

>> Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
>> Thanks for the mammaries.
>>

> Charlene Tilton is not so much gorgeous as Miss Piggy come to life.

Catfight!

dirty old man.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tlevgb$3o6o7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165719&group=rec.arts.tv#165719

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:40:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:40 UTC

>On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:38:45 -0500, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
>><ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>>> corrupted my youth.
>>

>>Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
>>Thanks for the mammaries.
>
>Yes, there did seem to be a common theme. Couldn't find a yellow
>see-through but did find Charlene in blue and in green.
>
>https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/88/f1/0488f1dd347736e78174348cbecb50f0.jpg
>https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/fabulous-female-celebs-of-the-past/images/10733063/title/erin-gray-screencap/37

There's nothing like cheesecake from the '70s. What was Jane Seymour
thinking with that feathery thing?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8OcVQ_Ss_0

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09UgRIpWqk
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45bHeyaDg0

Thanks!

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tlfgjb$34j$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165734&group=rec.arts.tv#165734

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 03:32:27 -0600
 by: trotsky - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:32 UTC

On 11/20/22 5:38 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <tle9ib$3jq8c$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Any time there's celebrities playing anything, it's usually disastrous.
>>> That's what makes it entertaing - the comedy factor.
>>
>> In the '70's, these stupid celebrity game shows featured certain
>> gorgeous young female-type celebrities in somewhat see-through one-piece
>> bathing suits cavorting around an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It
>> corrupted my youth.
>

> Charlene Tilton in a yellow see-through on Battle of the Network Stars.
> Thanks for the mammaries.

Hey, that was my line when Anita Ekberg passed.

Re: Pickle...horrible

<tlfrlg$3q2iv$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165744&group=rec.arts.tv#165744

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:30:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

In article <rcRdL.101$RPK2.58@fx44.iad>, Noname@fake.net wrote:

>CBS attempted to showcase the pickleball phenomenon

#FakeNews

(Why are people trying to make this stupid game "a thing"?)

>with a celebrity tournament in support of a charity. It was an
>unmitigated, horrible, embarrassing, infantile, unfunny debacle from
>start to finish.
>
>Stephen Colbert hosted

And that's why.

--