The whole world is a scab. The point is to pick it constructively. -- Peter Beard

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of jouBTR1701
+* Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of jouAdam H. Kerman
|+- Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration inchromebook test
|+- Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of jouBTR1701
|+- Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of jouUbiquitous
|`* Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration inIrish Mike
| `- Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration inAdam H. Kerman
`- Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration introtsky

1
Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<atropos-EC6A04.08341518112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165344&group=rec.arts.tv#165344

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 08:34:50 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:34 UTC

In article <134fce2b-61fd-44b4-8582-928cd35541f0n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ignominious.
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-depa
> rtment-jamal-khashoggi/index.html

Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
immunity and he's a hero for doing it.

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<tl8dam$2vj7v$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165351&group=rec.arts.tv#165351

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:53:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:53 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Ignominious.

>>https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-department-jamal-khashoggi/index.html

>Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
>foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
>immunity and he's a hero for doing it.

This isn't true and you've made a bad analogy.

Neither Bill Clinton nor George W. Bush pursued justice versus the Saudi
royal family for having funded Osama Bin Laden and the first World Trade
Center attack and then 9/11. Bush's father was their best friend.

Biden didn't give the killer immunity. He recognized that MBS had
immunity by virtue of becoming head of government, which is part of
various bi-lateral and general international treaties on government to
government relations.

Trump was following in the grand tradition of looking the other way as
the Saudi royal family wreaks havoc in the world. Biden merely honored
a treaty obligation.

What Biden must be criticized for is following in the grand tradition of
sucking up to the Saudi royal family to beg for more petroleum output,
which was doubly idiotic as high gas and diesel prices were not due to a
too little supply of petroleum but lack of United States refinery
capacity due to permanent shutdowns of refineries during the COVID
economic shut down.

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<ac0cb2ea-3f1e-4933-acd9-2e11ab9c3070n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165357&group=rec.arts.tv#165357

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:08:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in
killing of journalist
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:08 UTC

On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 11:53:47 AM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Ignominious.
>
> >>https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-department-jamal-khashoggi/index.html
>
> >Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
> >foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
> >immunity and he's a hero for doing it.

> This isn't true and you've made a bad analogy.

> What Biden must be criticized for is following in the grand tradition of
> sucking up to the Saudi royal family to beg for more petroleum output,
> which was doubly idiotic as high gas and diesel prices were not due to a
> too little supply of petroleum but lack of United States refinery
> capacity due to permanent shutdowns of refineries during the COVID
> economic shut down.

It's not JUST about the Saudi oil and gas. It's about maintaining the US dollar as the world's reserve currency.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ

If the US can't borrow, it can't deficit spend. If it can't deficit spend, it is shirley phucked.

----------

and don't call me shirley

https://web.archive.org/web/20201220075137/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<atropos-0510F3.09290518112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165362&group=rec.arts.tv#165362

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:29:40 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:29 UTC

In article <tl8dam$2vj7v$5@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Ignominious.
>
> >>https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-de
> >>partment-jamal-khashoggi/index.html
>
> >Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
> >foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
> >immunity and he's a hero for doing it.
>
> This isn't true and you've made a bad analogy.
>
> Neither Bill Clinton nor George W. Bush pursued justice versus the Saudi
> royal family for having funded Osama Bin Laden and the first World Trade
> Center attack and then 9/11. Bush's father was their best friend.
>
> Biden didn't give the killer immunity. He recognized that MBS had
> immunity by virtue of becoming head of government, which is part of
> various bi-lateral and general international treaties on government to
> government relations.
>
> Trump was following in the grand tradition of looking the other way as
> the Saudi royal family wreaks havoc in the world.

And this particular action was wholly outside U.S. jurisdiction.
Khashoggi was not a U.S. citizen and his murder occurred in Turkey.
That's something for the Turkish authorities to investigate and
prosecute. What business did we have insisting our FBI be allowed into
Turkey to investigate a crime on their soil that had nothing to do with
us?

Reverse that and you'll realize how absurd it is. Imagine if, say, a
Chinese citizen was killed in Chicago by a Chinese hit team and Russia
demanded that the FSB be given carte blanche to not only investigate the
crime, but to interview American citizens, search the premises of
American citizens, collect evidence, and possibly detain Americans as
part of the investigation, all for a crime that has nothing to do with
Russia... how likely do you think it would be that the U.S. would allow
that to happen?

Yet that's what the media was demanding Trump do with the FBI and Turkey.

> What Biden must be criticized for is following in the grand tradition of
> sucking up to the Saudi royal family to beg for more petroleum output,
> which was doubly idiotic as high gas and diesel prices were not due to a
> too little supply of petroleum but lack of United States refinery
> capacity due to permanent shutdowns of refineries during the COVID
> economic shut down.

And the continuing enviro-kook war against fossil fuels here in America.
In California alone, we're standing on top of vast oil reserves but no
one is allowed to touch them because Gavin Newsom has prostrated himself
before the High Altar of Gaia, and she demands we ignore our own
resources and buy them from murderous thugs in places like Venezuela and
the Middle East instead.

Which is doubly absurd because not only are we enriching some of the
world's worst people and giving them economic leverage over us, it's
worse for the environment, too. These countries don't have nearly the
environmental regulation and safeguards that the U.S. does, so their
drilling and refining infrastructure pollutes the earth way more than it
would be if the oil was drilled and refined here in America. Then
there's the danger of shipping it in big boats across the oceans, where
one mishap can foul thousands of square miles for years-- which is a
danger we wouldn't have if we exploited our own resources.

And the emissions are the same either way. I'm "destroying the earth"
just as much when I burn a gallon of gas in my car that came from
Venezuela as I do when I burn one that came from North Dakota or
California. Yet Newsom in particular seems to live in this fantasy world
that oil that comes out of the ground anywhere but California is somehow
"cleaner" for the planet than our own oil.

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<tl90cv$1849$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165412&group=rec.arts.tv#165412

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
killing of journalist
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:19:10 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:19 UTC

On 11/18/22 10:34 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <134fce2b-61fd-44b4-8582-928cd35541f0n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ignominious.
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-depa
>> rtment-jamal-khashoggi/index.html
>
> Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
> foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
> immunity and he's a hero for doing it.

"A Friend" already provided the correct answer. You're too stupid to
follow what's being said.

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<unCdnUS1quE-tuX-nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165435&group=rec.arts.tv#165435

Followup: alt.troll.adam-h-kerman
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Followup-to: alt.troll.adam-h-kerman
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:04:25 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 01:04 UTC

ahk@chinet.com wrote:

>Neither Bill Clinton nor George W. Bush pursued justice versus the Saudi
>royal family for having funded Osama Bin Laden and the first World Trade
>Center attack and then 9/11. Bush's father was their best friend.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<361ad00a-f6a1-45a3-9a66-a9aa2551d9d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165547&group=rec.arts.tv#165547

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:11:36 -0800 (PST)
killing of journalist
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:11 UTC

On Friday, November 18, 2022 at 11:53:47 AM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> >RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Ignominious.
>
> >>https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/saudi-crown-prince-immunity-state-department-jamal-khashoggi/index.html
>
> >Weird how Trump was condemned for not pursuing justice in this case of a
> >foreign national who was killed in Turkey, but Biden gives the killer
> >immunity and he's a hero for doing it.
> This isn't true and you've made a bad analogy.

Relax Kermit, let me save you a little time:

But Trump...! But Trump...! But Trump...!

Irish Mike

Re: Biden officially grants murderous Saudi prince exoneration in killing of journalist

<tlbelv$39se9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165551&group=rec.arts.tv#165551

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
killing of journalist
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:35:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:35 UTC

Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

>Relax Kermit, let me save you a little time:

>But Trump...! But Trump...! But Trump...!

Get that willful insanity thing fixed, not-Irish Mike. I said nothing of
the kind. You believe things that aren't true and you see things that
aren't there. You're schizophrenic. You're a little old to have come
down with that, aren't you? Maybe it's a sign of dementia.

>Irish Mike

You're still not Irish.