The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice. -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)anim8rfsk
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)BTR1701
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Dimensional Traveler
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Ian J. Ball
  |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)anim8rfsk
  | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)A Friend
  |  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Arthur Lipscomb
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)Adam H. Kerman
   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)danny burstein

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<UBI20221118@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165492&group=rec.arts.tv#165492

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

I watched:

GLENN BECK RADIO

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

CHAD PRATHER

THE UNXPLAINED:
"The Bermuda Triangle and Beyond". Forbidden 'triangles' are mysterious
regions where ships, planes, and people enter and then just disappear.
They are found in Bermuda, Alaska, Japan, and elsewhere.legends of
treasures hidden throughout the United States. I was not aware of other
"deadly triangles" around the world, but I am quite certain the Bermuda
one doesn't exist.

THE PROOF IS OUT THERE:
"ISS UFO Swarm, Yale Lake Leaf Monster, and Rat King".

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<1528585336.690563142.631585.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165509&group=rec.arts.tv#165509

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 08:26:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 15:26 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

BLUE BLOODS S13E06 “On Dangerous Ground“

Baker (looking fabulous in a high neck black frock in her first scene and a
more scoop neck black dress in her second and third scenes which take place
on consecutive days which is a screwup on somebody’s part) and the other
two Mouseketeers try to handle Frank along with co-conspirator Henry. Frank
goes along with it although he never should have. We find out that it’s
the 50th anniversary of Frank first walking the beat which is sort of a
strange date to remember.

Eddie brings cake to dinner. Everybody is startled because they never have
cake for dessert unless it’s a special occasion. Really? They always have
something nice for dessert. What the hell is special about cake?

Jamie is an idiot. He proves himself to be wrong at every turn. Danny
dresses him down good although he could have just saved a lot of trouble by
giving Jamie the information he needed in the first place. Between the two
of them they managed to let the killer go and put the victim in prison. I’m
sure Erin would be proud.

And something I liked, they bugged the meeting place instead of the
murderer they’re trying to set free so nobody can find a wire on him. Of
course they also promised him, and his mother, protection, because it’s
good to let murderers, and their mothers, go free, but the last time we see
him they just leave him alone in a warehouse someplace that I doubt he’ll
get back from alive. I really seriously hope that was intentional.

Oh, yeah, and what they bust the “real Keller“ (who didn’t actually kill
anybody) for is never going to hold up for more than a split second,
especially in the new pro criminal DAs office.

Speaking of Erin, she’s also wrong at every turn and (for the most part)
making sure she helps the criminal and her office at the expense of the
victims and the justice system. She drives one of her ADAs to suicide. I’m
not sure what position of power she holds these days but somehow she’s able
to unilaterally fire people (And then tell them they’ll never set foot in
those offices again even though as a Kriminal he’s going to be there
probably more than anybody else). I can’t imagine that not ending up in a
lawsuit. Anyway the bastard nephew dresses her down. Everything he says he
says to her is true. She admits everything he says to her is true. But she
tells him he’s not allowed to talk to her that way. On what authority? He
doesn’t work for her. He was right. She was wrong. She needs to hear it.
Talk to her any damn way you condescend to.

Speaking of which, Anthony threatens to physically assault Joe for the way
he spoke in their office. For no reason I understand Joe backs down. Joe
should’ve taken Anthony down and tossed him in a cell.

The take away is that Jamie has shown he should never become the new PC and
his sister has shown she should never become the new DA.

Other than that I mostly watched some more episodes of (The adventures of)
MERLIN. Michelle Ryan, mmmm.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlb3cq$3909l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165526&group=rec.arts.tv#165526

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:22:34 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 17:22 UTC

On 2022-11-19 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Now that I'm all kosher for a while with work (no backlog!!), I can
actually watch some stuff! So yesterday, after I got home, I did just
that!!

The Peripheral (Prime) - "Jackpot" (ep. #4).
The main event in this episode is that Ash (Katie Leung) (and Wilf)
finally explain(s) to Flynne what "The Jackpot" was. It was indeed
multiple disasters, though I don't think any of them qualify
"extinction-level events", so that bit from ep. #3 was just silly. I
also don't understand how a single nuclear event could qualify as "the
last straw". (Unless they mean for the U.S., and they're trying to say
that just the United States is totally gone...)
Separately, Cherise helpfully explains to the audience the "ruling
order" in the future in a confrontation with Lev.
Beyond the exposition dumps, not much happened in this episode -
Conner takes a quick jaunt into the future in Flynne's "peripheral".
Flynne then goes "rogue" herself (to get answers), and asks for
peripherals for Burton and Connor.
It looks like they may actually hook up with Aelita again in the
next episode.

soaps: DOOL (Peacock) - Wed's & Thur's ep. Johnny & Wendy travel to
Jakarta to track down Dr. Wolf, but Li warns Wolf, and Wolf is ready
for them. Chanel tells Allie the story of the "murder", and like I
figured it's a big nothingburger... :/ Also, Sloane reveals to
Paulina that she's the daughter of the woman Chanel killed.... I think
Gabi is starting to wear brainwasked Stefan down with her hottness!!
More Nicole/Eric/Rafe/Jada drama. [roll]

Embrace of the Vampire (Vudu) - I waited several weeks to give the 2013
version another go, and this time the ad-pause at 8 mins didn't "break"
the movie, so I got through the whole thing this time.
What surprised me is that, after the lead, the most naked nudity
came from Chelsey Reist from "The 'Hundred"[sic!] - I was not expecting
that! Who knew from "The 'Hundred"[sic!] that she was a dirty girl!!
Beyond that, this flick probably wasn't dirty *enough*, making it
only somewhat passable.

Don't Worry Darling (HBO Max) - (Shouldn't the title have a comma?!!...)
Noticed that this had suddently appeared on HBO Max last night (and
after a look around, there's not much else "new" on the streaming sites
that I want to watch!!), and so jumped at the chance to watch this.
My overall take? While I liked Florence Pugh's (aka. "Miss Flo"!!)
performance a lot (oh, and critics are right - the film *looks*
great!), I didn't care for the denouement/revelation at the end of this
one - I was really hoping for more than... well, I won't spoil it.
Also, I was hoping for a less overtly "feminist" reading, and more a
"everyone's a prisoner here" take on the subject matter - the former is
cliche, and frankly less interesting than the latter approach.
Honestly, I may have enjoyed reading after the film about all of the
*backstage drama* surrounding it - e.g. Florence Pugh apparently
*hates* Olivia Wilde!! - more than the film itself!! I wonder if anyone
is ever going to let Olivia Wilde direct another film after this!?!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlb6ck$395e8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165530&group=rec.arts.tv#165530

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 10:13:41 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:13 UTC

On 11/19/2022 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> [...]
> that I want to watch!!), and so jumped at the chance to watch this.
>   My overall take? While I liked Florence Pugh's (aka. "Miss Flo"!!)
> performance a lot (oh, and critics are right - the film *looks* great!),
> I didn't care for the denouement/revelation at the end of this one - I
> was really hoping for more than... well, I won't spoil it.
>   Also, I was hoping for a less overtly "feminist" reading, and more a
> "everyone's a prisoner here" take on the subject matter - the former is
> cliche, and frankly less interesting than the latter approach.
>   Honestly, I may have enjoyed reading after the film about all of the
> *backstage drama* surrounding it - e.g. Florence Pugh apparently *hates*
> Olivia Wilde!! - more than the film itself!! I wonder if anyone is ever
> going to let Olivia Wilde direct another film after this!?!

Wilde already has other directing gigs lined up, including an "Untitled
Sony/Marvel Project". "Described as a female-centric Marvel film."

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<atropos-4EA8A7.11251519112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165536&group=rec.arts.tv#165536

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 11:25:50 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:25 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> > What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> BLUE BLOODS S13E06 "On Dangerous Ground"

> And something I liked, they bugged the meeting place instead of the
> murderer they're trying to set free so nobody can find a wire on him. Of
> course they also promised him, and his mother, protection, because it's
> good to let murderers, and their mothers, go free, but the last time we see
> him they just leave him alone in a warehouse someplace that I doubt he'll
> get back from alive. I really seriously hope that was intentional.

Well, no. Last we see him, he was on the ground in handcuffs as Jamie
led away the husband of the woman he shot who had tried to shoot him.

> The take away is that Jamie has shown he should never become the new PC and
> his sister has shown she should never become the new DA.

In today's new 'progressive' utopia, Erin fits right in. She absolutely
should be D.A.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<1308832138.690578892.899647.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165543&group=rec.arts.tv#165543

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:42:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:42 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> [...]
>> performance a lot (oh, and critics are right - the film *looks* great!),
>> I didn't care for the denouement/revelation at the end of this one - I
>> was really hoping for more than... well, I won't spoil it.
>>   Also, I was hoping for a less overtly "feminist" reading, and more a
>> "everyone's a prisoner here" take on the subject matter - the former is
>> cliche, and frankly less interesting than the latter approach.
>>   Honestly, I may have enjoyed reading after the film about all of the
>> *backstage drama* surrounding it - e.g. Florence Pugh apparently *hates*
>> Olivia Wilde!! - more than the film itself!! I wonder if anyone is ever
>> going to let Olivia Wilde direct another film after this!?!
>>
> Wilde already has other directing gigs lined up, including an "Untitled
> Sony/Marvel Project". "Described as a female-centric Marvel film."

So far those pretty much suck.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlbjln$3aahg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165559&group=rec.arts.tv#165559

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 13:38:47 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 21:38 UTC

On 11/19/2022 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-19 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Now that I'm all kosher for a while with work (no backlog!!), I can
> actually watch some stuff! So yesterday, after I got home, I did just
> that!!
>
> The Peripheral (Prime) - "Jackpot" (ep. #4).
>   The main event in this episode is that Ash (Katie Leung) (and Wilf)
> finally explain(s) to Flynne what "The Jackpot" was. It was indeed
> multiple disasters, though I don't think any of them qualify
> "extinction-level events", so that bit from ep. #3 was just silly. I
> also don't understand how a single nuclear event could qualify as "the
> last straw". (Unless they mean for the U.S., and they're trying to say
> that just the United States is totally gone...)

Perhaps that was the last remaining large population center? Or the
seat of what was left of government?

>   Separately, Cherise helpfully explains to the audience the "ruling
> order" in the future in a confrontation with Lev.

There are still some questions to be answered like who exactly is
running things now and how are they imposing their will on everyone. I
kind of get the impression a terrorist state has taken over and is
running things now.

>   Beyond the exposition dumps, not much happened in this episode -
> Conner takes a quick jaunt into the future in Flynne's "peripheral".
> Flynne then goes "rogue" herself (to get answers), and asks for
> peripherals for Burton and Connor.
>   It looks like they may actually hook up with Aelita again in the next
> episode.

This reminds me, I still need to watch Friday's episode. I *should*
have time this weekend, I just need to remember to watch it.

> soaps: DOOL (Peacock) - Wed's & Thur's ep. Johnny & Wendy travel to
> Jakarta to track down Dr. Wolf, but Li warns Wolf, and Wolf is ready for
> them. Chanel tells Allie the story of the "murder", and like I figured
> it's a big nothingburger...  :/  Also, Sloane reveals to Paulina that
> she's the daughter of the woman Chanel killed.... I think Gabi is
> starting to wear brainwasked Stefan down with her hottness!! More
> Nicole/Eric/Rafe/Jada drama. [roll]
>
> Embrace of the Vampire (Vudu) - I waited several weeks to give the 2013
> version another go, and this time the ad-pause at 8 mins didn't "break"
> the movie, so I got through the whole thing this time.
>   What surprised me is that, after the lead, the most naked nudity came
> from Chelsey Reist from "The 'Hundred"[sic!] - I was not expecting that!
> Who knew from "The 'Hundred"[sic!] that she was a dirty girl!!
>   Beyond that, this flick probably wasn't dirty *enough*, making it
> only somewhat passable.
>
> Don't Worry Darling (HBO Max) - (Shouldn't the title have a comma?!!...)
>   Noticed that this had suddently appeared on HBO Max last night (and
> after a look around, there's not much else "new" on the streaming sites
> that I want to watch!!), and so jumped at the chance to watch this.
>   My overall take? While I liked Florence Pugh's (aka. "Miss Flo"!!)
> performance a lot (oh, and critics are right - the film *looks* great!),
> I didn't care for the denouement/revelation at the end of this one - I
> was really hoping for more than... well, I won't spoil it.
>   Also, I was hoping for a less overtly "feminist" reading, and more a
> "everyone's a prisoner here" take on the subject matter - the former is
> cliche, and frankly less interesting than the latter approach.
>   Honestly, I may have enjoyed reading after the film about all of the
> *backstage drama* surrounding it - e.g. Florence Pugh apparently *hates*
> Olivia Wilde!! - more than the film itself!! I wonder if anyone is ever
> going to let Olivia Wilde direct another film after this!?!

I generally agree, more or less, with your assessment, but I think I
liked it a bit more than you did. If anything the movie probably should
have been more overtly feminist, but I agree they didn't do nearly
enough with the "prisoner" aspect of the story. And something was
definitely cut because the bit at the end with Chris Pine and his wife
came out of nowhere. There were just a lot of little details in the
movie that were never explained, like the significance of the airplane.

I wonder how much my awareness of the backstage drama impacted my
impressions of the movie. The backstage drama would have made for an
entertaining movie in its' own right.

I watched:

Ghosts - "Pete's Wife" - This was a rerun from the first season, but my
DVR flagged it as a new episode, and I watched it thinking it was a new
episode. The plot involves one of the ghosts (Pete) wanting to connect
with his still living wife. The very first thing I noticed was I
remembered already watching that particular opening where we see Pete
get shot with the arrow, but the rest of the episode was a complete
blank. Although I definitely did notice dialogue that made me think the
episode was airing out of order. I also noticed a significant jump in
the quality that had me thinking this episode is as good as the first
season episodes were. Combined with the obvious continuity issue I
originally thought this was an episode that was withheld from the first
season instead of just a rerun. But the jump in quality of this rerun
being so noticeable definitely tells me something is off with the
current season.

Enchanted (Disney+) 2007 musical starring Amy Adams as an animated
character from a fairytale who gets sent to the real world by an evil
queen (Susan Sarandon) before she can have true love's kiss with the
prince (James Marsden). She's taken in by a cynical divorce attorney
(Patrick Dempsey) and his daughter. The movie holds up great. "He
knows this song too?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGzNmtJv50

Disenchanted (Disney+) New 2022 sequel to "Enchanted" which picks up
several years later with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey now married and
living in the real world with their new daughter. The family decides to
relocate which doesn't sit well with Dempsey's daughter who is now a
teenager. Adams gets her hands on a magic wand and makes a wish for a
fairy tale life but unexpectedly since she is a stepmother she is turned
into a wicked stepmother. The magic transforms everything including the
local town bigwig played by Maya Rudolph is turned into an evil queen.
Wait, can a fairy tale have *two* villains? That town is not big enough
for two villains so one has got to go! I think fans of Enchanted will
love this movie. But if you're not already a fan YMMV.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlbofl$3ao1i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165579&group=rec.arts.tv#165579

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 15:22:29 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:22 UTC

On 2022-11-19 21:38:47 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 11/19/2022 9:22 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-11-19 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Don't Worry Darling (HBO Max) - (Shouldn't the title have a comma?!!...)
>>   Noticed that this had suddently appeared on HBO Max last night (and
>> after a look around, there's not much else "new" on the streaming sites
>> that I want to watch!!), and so jumped at the chance to watch this.
>>   My overall take? While I liked Florence Pugh's (aka. "Miss Flo"!!)
>> performance a lot (oh, and critics are right - the film *looks*
>> great!), I didn't care for the denouement/revelation at the end of this
>> one - I was really hoping for more than... well, I won't spoil it.
>>   Also, I was hoping for a less overtly "feminist" reading, and more a
>> "everyone's a prisoner here" take on the subject matter - the former is
>> cliche, and frankly less interesting than the latter approach.
>>   Honestly, I may have enjoyed reading after the film about all of the
>> *backstage drama* surrounding it - e.g. Florence Pugh apparently
>> *hates* Olivia Wilde!! - more than the film itself!! I wonder if anyone
>> is ever going to let Olivia Wilde direct another film after this!?!
>
> I generally agree, more or less, with your assessment, but I think I
> liked it a bit more than you did. If anything the movie probably
> should have been more overtly feminist, but I agree they didn't do
> nearly enough with the "prisoner" aspect of the story. And something
> was definitely cut because the bit at the end with Chris Pine and his
> wife came out of nowhere. There were just a lot of little details in
> the movie that were never explained, like the significance of the
> airplane.

Yeah, the plane never was explained, was it?

They definitely cut stuff - at least some of the other actors
complained that they're parts were cut back to pretty much nothing...

> I wonder how much my awareness of the backstage drama impacted my
> impressions of the movie. The backstage drama would have made for an
> entertaining movie in its' own right.
>

> I watched:
>
> Enchanted (Disney+) 2007 musical starring Amy Adams as an animated
> character from a fairytale who gets sent to the real world by an evil
> queen (Susan Sarandon) before she can have true love's kiss with the
> prince (James Marsden). She's taken in by a cynical divorce attorney
> (Patrick Dempsey) and his daughter. The movie holds up great. "He
> knows this song too?"
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGzNmtJv50
>
> Disenchanted (Disney+) New 2022 sequel to "Enchanted" which picks up
> several years later with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey now married and
> living in the real world with their new daughter. The family decides
> to relocate which doesn't sit well with Dempsey's daughter who is now a
> teenager. Adams gets her hands on a magic wand and makes a wish for a
> fairy tale life but unexpectedly since she is a stepmother she is
> turned into a wicked stepmother. The magic transforms everything
> including the local town bigwig played by Maya Rudolph is turned into
> an evil queen. Wait, can a fairy tale have *two* villains? That town
> is not big enough for two villains so one has got to go! I think fans
> of Enchanted will love this movie. But if you're not already a fan
> YMMV.

Definitely plan to get to "Disenchanted" at some point. Not sure when.
Surely before Christmas...

Ian (Who is appalled to discover that Lindy Booth's "Christmas Magic"
is not available *anywhere* on a streamer etc. At least Elisa Donovan's
"Eve's Christmas" is on Tubi...)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlbq22$3ai77$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165584&group=rec.arts.tv#165584

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:49:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:49 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>. . .

>Enchanted (Disney+) 2007 musical starring Amy Adams as an animated
>character from a fairytale who gets sent to the real world by an evil
>queen (Susan Sarandon) before she can have true love's kiss with the
>prince (James Marsden). She's taken in by a cynical divorce attorney
>(Patrick Dempsey) and his daughter. The movie holds up great. "He
>knows this song too?"

Heheheheh

I love this movie despite Dr. McDreary. Amy Adams absolutely deserved to
become a big star.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGzNmtJv50

"That's How You Know" is a great song, I agree, and the big production
number with lots and lots of movie references is great fun. The elderly
lovers are all dancers from past Disney movies.

"Happy Working Song" is a fun production number too; the lyrics are
hysterical. "Scrubbing out the toilet" "even though you're vermin"

I don't like "So Close".

All three of these Menken and Schwartz were nominated for an Oscar, so
of course they lost. Couldn't they have chosen just one song to nominate?

>Disenchanted . . .

I knew nothing about this till I saw Dr. McDreary introduced as a talk
show guest to promote it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlbqb7$ff0$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165586&group=rec.arts.tv#165586

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:54:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:54 UTC

In <tlbq22$3ai77$8@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>. . .

>>Enchanted (Disney+) 2007 musical starring Amy Adams as an animated
>>character from a fairytale who gets sent to the real world by an evil
>>queen (Susan Sarandon) before she can have true love's kiss with the
>>prince (James Marsden). She's taken in by a cynical divorce attorney
>>(Patrick Dempsey) and his daughter. The movie holds up great. "He
>>knows this song too?"

>Heheheheh

>I love this movie despite Dr. McDreary. Amy Adams absolutely deserved to
>become a big star.

[snip]

She only had a bit part, but that NYC Transit Authority
Bus Operator (do NOT call them bus drivers!) was my fave.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<2097092643.690599885.883307.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165595&group=rec.arts.tv#165595

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:18:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 01:18 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> [...]
>> to relocate which doesn't sit well with Dempsey's daughter who is now a
>> teenager. Adams gets her hands on a magic wand and makes a wish for a
>> fairy tale life but unexpectedly since she is a stepmother she is
>> turned into a wicked stepmother. The magic transforms everything
>> including the local town bigwig played by Maya Rudolph is turned into
>> an evil queen. Wait, can a fairy tale have *two* villains? That town
>> is not big enough for two villains so one has got to go! I think fans
>> of Enchanted will love this movie. But if you're not already a fan
>> YMMV.
>
> Definitely plan to get to "Disenchanted" at some point. Not sure when.
> Surely before Christmas...
>

> Ian (Who is appalled to discover that Lindy Booth's "Christmas Magic"
> is not available *anywhere* on a streamer etc. At least Elisa Donovan's

Have you tried the alternate titles?

Russia
Рождественское волшебство

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<191120222132217881%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165602&group=rec.arts.tv#165602

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 21:32:21 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 02:32 UTC

In article
<2097092643.690599885.883307.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > Ian (Who is appalled to discover that Lindy Booth's "Christmas Magic"
> > is not available *anywhere* on a streamer etc.

Lousy print, but here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eb97x6HnJw

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-18 (Friday)

<tlc4qs$3ebrg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165604&group=rec.arts.tv#165604

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:53:16 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 02:53 UTC

On 11/19/2022 6:32 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <2097092643.690599885.883307.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> Ian (Who is appalled to discover that Lindy Booth's "Christmas Magic"
>>> is not available *anywhere* on a streamer etc.
>

> Lousy print, but here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eb97x6HnJw

The picture quality would need to be significantly better to qualify as
lousy.