The philosopher's treatment of a question is like the treatment of an illness. -- Wittgenstein.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

SubjectAuthor
* Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For BlUbiquitous
+- Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist:anim8rfsk
+- Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Countrytrotsky
+* Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" FoNoBody
|+- Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist:anim8rfsk
|`- Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" FoUbiquitous
`* Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" FoNoBody
 `* Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist:anim8rfsk
  `- Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" FoNoBody

1
Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<tl880n$2v78q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165323&group=rec.arts.tv#165323

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.ellen,alt.non.racism
Subject: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:05:04 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 01:05 UTC

Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.

Throughout her time in office, it appears she was so worried that America was
such a racist nation that even her hairdo choice could doom her husband's
legislative goals if she chose the wrong style.

"As black women, we deal with it, the whole thing about do you show up with
your natural hair," Obama said during an event with Hollywood celebrity Ellen
DeGeneres this week. "As first lady, I did not wear braids. Being the first
.... yeah, we had to ease up on the people. Cause I thought about it. I was
like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not ready."

.@MichelleObama: "As black women we deal with it, the whole thing
about do you show up with your natural hair? ... As First Lady, I did
not wear braids. Being the first - yeah, we had to ease up on the
people ... I was like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not
ready." pic.twitter.com/HwGluEo9a5

-- Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 18, 2022

Despite her husband dominating the 2008 election and receiving 69,498,516
votes, she was still concerned that braided hair would block his healthcare
reform bill from passing.

"Let me keep my hair straight," the Martha's Vineyard summer resident
recalled thinking. "Let's get health care passed."

Of course, there have been historical instances of racial discrimination due
to hairstyle choice, but the idea that America would be so racist the first
lady's hair would stop Obamacare from being forced down the American people's
throats is a bit laughable.

In the last 35 years of politics, there have been only two memorable
hairstyle choices that critics have used to lambast their opponents.

The first is former President Donald J. Trump. For some reason, Leftists love
saying he wears a toupee, but it seems to be his real hair. Admittedly, it is
pretty mesmerizing and unique in American politics.

Then there is that mop-headed rapscallion and disgraced ex-Governor Rod
Blagojevich (D-IL). He's a pretty charming crook if we're being objective.

Other than that, this author is hard-pressed to think of what anybody else's
hair looks like let alone Michelle Obama's.

For example, Ketanji Brown-Jackson was recently confirmed to the Supreme
Court of the United States as the first black female Supreme Court justice.

The only thing that stuck out from her approval process in the U.S. senate
was the fact that she couldn't define the word "woman."

Readers likely didn't notice that she was wearing braids. Why would they? Who
really cares?

Obama's ignorance and -- shall we say -- bull crap was eclipsed by her claim
that the worst thing about her husband's time in office was when he chose to
wear a tan suit.

The first lady claimed that conservative criticism of the suit proved doing
anything beyond straight hair would drive animosity.

"The great indignity, the scandal of the Obama administration," she said of
the incident.

Of course, the reaction at the time could have been a little overblown,
perhaps on par with the leftist meltdown that former Trump would give himself
two scoops of ice cream while his guests only received one.

The second thing is that the Obama administration was riddled with scandals.
The IRS targeting of conservatives, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, spying on the
media, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor," and the beginning
of the Russian collusion hoax.

Yet that's par for the course for the Left. They often ignore the obvious if
they can make themselves out to be a victim.

Plus, as pointed out by columnist Derek Hunter, braids aren't even natural.

"Braids aren't natural, plus the idea of braiding hair was common throughout
Europe centuries ago, so it would have been cultural appropriation," Hunter
tweeted.

Braids aren't natural, plus the idea of braiding hair was common
throughout Europe centuries ago, so it would have been cultural
appropriation. Also, Michelle is a garbage person.
https://t.co/GhwmJcU23E

-- Derek Hunter (@derekahunter) November 18, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<1476052928.690490244.576368.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165383&group=rec.arts.tv#165383

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.ellen,alt.non.racism
Subject: Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist:
Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:15:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:15 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

“Michelle Obama thinks…“

Objection, Your Honor; assumes facts not in evidence.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<tlahr6$185o$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165477&group=rec.arts.tv#165477

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country
"Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 06:23:02 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:23 UTC

On 11/18/22 6:34 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 10:23:08 UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>> husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>> didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>> bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>
> People should examine cities run mostly by blacks; mayors, counselors, etc. Look at what s---holes they are.
> Now, extrapolate that to the whole country.

The biggest shitholes are areas south of the Mason Dixon line such as
Alabama, Mississippi and Tennesee, all predominantly run by whites. But
you're Canadian so I'm not even sure which "whole country" you're
referring to.

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<65rhnhdfgn3iq51jqgnq8jg06gadjl6okp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165503&group=rec.arts.tv#165503

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.ellen,alt.non.racism
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:49:44 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 14:49 UTC

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:05:04 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>
>Throughout her time in office, it appears she was so worried that America was
>such a racist nation that even her hairdo choice could doom her husband's
>legislative goals if she chose the wrong style.
>
>"As black women, we deal with it, the whole thing about do you show up with
>your natural hair," Obama said during an event with Hollywood celebrity Ellen
>DeGeneres this week. "As first lady, I did not wear braids. Being the first
>... yeah, we had to ease up on the people. Cause I thought about it. I was
>like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not ready."
>
> .@MichelleObama: "As black women we deal with it, the whole thing
> about do you show up with your natural hair? ... As First Lady, I did
> not wear braids. Being the first - yeah, we had to ease up on the
> people ... I was like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not
> ready." pic.twitter.com/HwGluEo9a5
>
> -- Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 18, 2022
>
>Despite her husband dominating the 2008 election and receiving 69,498,516
>votes, she was still concerned that braided hair would block his healthcare
>reform bill from passing.
>
>"Let me keep my hair straight," the Martha's Vineyard summer resident
>recalled thinking. "Let's get health care passed."

It's the epitome of ego for her to think Americans give a *damn* about
her hair. Of course the Obama's were never short on ego.

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<8crhnhdpag2ev7arbjcjceh390qev9gj35@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165504&group=rec.arts.tv#165504

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:54:31 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 14:54 UTC

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:34:40 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 10:23:08 UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>> husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>> didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>> bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>
>People should examine cities run mostly by blacks; mayors, counselors, etc. Look at what s---holes they are.
>Now, extrapolate that to the whole country.

Let me add that this is not about skin color but about the political
belief system that seems to be held by the blacks who are elected.
There are plenty of conservative black politicians but they don't get
elected - because they don't promise free stuff.

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<183649766.690566459.445255.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165515&group=rec.arts.tv#165515

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.ellen,alt.non.racism
Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:04:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:04 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:05:04 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>> husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>> didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>> bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>>
>> Throughout her time in office, it appears she was so worried that America was
>> such a racist nation that even her hairdo choice could doom her husband's
>> legislative goals if she chose the wrong style.
>>
>> "As black women, we deal with it, the whole thing about do you show up with
>> your natural hair," Obama said during an event with Hollywood celebrity Ellen
>> DeGeneres this week. "As first lady, I did not wear braids. Being the first
>> ... yeah, we had to ease up on the people. Cause I thought about it. I was
>> like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not ready."
>>
>> .@MichelleObama: "As black women we deal with it, the whole thing
>> about do you show up with your natural hair? ... As First Lady, I did
>> not wear braids. Being the first - yeah, we had to ease up on the
>> people ... I was like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not
>> ready." pic.twitter.com/HwGluEo9a5
>>
>> -- Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 18, 2022
>>
>> Despite her husband dominating the 2008 election and receiving 69,498,516
>> votes, she was still concerned that braided hair would block his healthcare
>> reform bill from passing.
>>
>> "Let me keep my hair straight," the Martha's Vineyard summer resident
>> recalled thinking. "Let's get health care passed."
>
> It's the epitome of ego for her to think Americans give a *damn* about
> her hair. Of course the Obama's were never short on ego.

She’s a dirty lying bitch who spread her legs for an illegal alien. Another
of America’s most influential people.

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<667616423.690566499.706318.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165516&group=rec.arts.tv#165516

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:04:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:04 UTC

NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:34:40 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 10:23:08 UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>>> husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>>> didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>>> bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>>
>> People should examine cities run mostly by blacks; mayors, counselors,
>> etc. Look at what s---holes they are.
>> Now, extrapolate that to the whole country.
>
> Let me add that this is not about skin color but about the political
> belief system that seems to be held by the blacks who are elected.
> There are plenty of conservative black politicians but they don't get
> elected - because they don't promise free stuff.

If they don’t get elected how the hell are they politicians?

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<NvudnbYI_ICR_OT-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165572&group=rec.arts.tv#165572

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.ellen,alt.non.racism
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:04:33 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 23:04 UTC

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>Remember former first lady Michelle Obama's newfound pride in America as her
>>husband was gaining popularity in the 2008 presidential election? Well, it
>>didn't really last long as she apparently thought Americans were still a
>>bunch of bigots, despite Barack getting elected.
>>
>>Throughout her time in office, it appears she was so worried that America
>>was such a racist nation that even her hairdo choice could doom her
>>husband's legislative goals if she chose the wrong style.
>>
>>"As black women, we deal with it, the whole thing about do you show up with
>>your natural hair," Obama said during an event with Hollywood celebrity
>>Ellen DeGeneres this week. "As first lady, I did not wear braids. Being the
>>first ... yeah, we had to ease up on the people. Cause I thought about it.
>>I was like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not ready."
>>
>> .@MichelleObama: "As black women we deal with it, the whole thing
>> about do you show up with your natural hair? ... As First Lady, I did
>> not wear braids. Being the first - yeah, we had to ease up on the
>> people ... I was like, it would be easier. Nope, nope. They're not
>> ready." pic.twitter.com/HwGluEo9a5
>>
>> -- Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 18, 2022
>>
>>Despite her husband dominating the 2008 election and receiving 69,498,516
>>votes, she was still concerned that braided hair would block his healthcare
>>reform bill from passing.
>>
>>"Let me keep my hair straight," the Martha's Vineyard summer resident
>>recalled thinking. "Let's get health care passed."
>
>It's the epitome of ego for her to think Americans give a *damn* about
>her hair. Of course the Obama's were never short on ego.

Especially knowing how much she loathes this country.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Michelle Obama Thinks Americans Are Really Racist: Country "Wasn't Ready" For Black Lady With Braids

<djfknhl95pku3ipob5f0obsuk1jv7v283l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165632&group=rec.arts.tv#165632

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 09:49:57 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:49 UTC

On Sat, 19 Nov 2022 09:04:25 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:34:40 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> People should examine cities run mostly by blacks; mayors, counselors,
>>> etc. Look at what s---holes they are.
>>> Now, extrapolate that to the whole country.
>>
>> Let me add that this is not about skin color but about the political
>> belief system that seems to be held by the blacks who are elected.
>> There are plenty of conservative black politicians but they don't get
>> elected - because they don't promise free stuff.
>>

>If they don’t get elected how the hell are they politicians?

You are aware that a canidate is also a politician, right?