Dyslexics have more fnu.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilersdanny burstein
+* Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilersanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilersIrish Mike
||`- Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilersBTR1701
|+- Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilersBTR1701
|`- Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)Adam H. Kerman
`- Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)Adam H. Kerman

1
Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers

<Pine.NEB.4.64.2211191807070.13023@panix1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165531&group=rec.arts.tv#165531

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:20:09 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 18:20 UTC

Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.

Forget any plots. Really.

But the key points:

a: We've got age confirmations on the Reagans.
Remember that recently they said "Henry" was 88.
(Len Cariou is 83 in real life).

In this week's we found out Francis joined
the NYPD "50 years ago today", so... if we
figure he was 20, he's now about 70.

(Yeah, he could have joined at 18 or, of
course, up to 30 or so, which might get
him up to, I dunno, 75.. In real life
he's 75).

b: Magnum, courtesy of some skullduggery by
Ms. Hawk and whasisname, was tricked into speaking
in front of an auditorium crowd. And we saw
him walking (a bit slowly) on his own for
the 20 or so steps to the podium.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers

<27165786.690578454.076475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165542&group=rec.arts.tv#165542

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:42:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 19:42 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.
>
> Forget any plots. Really.
>
> But the key points:
>
> a: We've got age confirmations on the Reagans.
> Remember that recently they said "Henry" was 88.
> (Len Cariou is 83 in real life).
>
> In this week's we found out Francis joined
> the NYPD "50 years ago today", so... if we
> figure he was 20, he's now about 70.
>
> (Yeah, he could have joined at 18 or, of
> course, up to 30 or so, which might get
> him up to, I dunno, 75.. In real life
> he's 75).
>
> b: Magnum, courtesy of some skullduggery by
> Ms. Hawk and whasisname, was tricked into speaking
> in front of an auditorium crowd. And we saw
> him walking (a bit slowly) on his own for
> the 20 or so steps to the podium.

I’ll append my review from the what did you watch thread at the end of
this.

Actually you pointed out a major mistake that I forgot.

Frank was a Marine before he was a cop. So he can’t have joined at a young
enough age to be Henry’s son unless Henry was like 16 when he was born.

BTR will know for sure but I don’t see how Frank can possibly be less than
72 which probably means he’s passed mandatory retirement.

Let’s say he was a marine from 1968 to 1972. That would make him born in
1950. Henry would be born in 1934.

My review:

BLUE BLOODS S13E06 “On Dangerous Ground“

Baker (looking fabulous in a high neck black frock in her first scene and a
more scoop neck black dress in her second and third scenes which take place
on consecutive days which is a screwup on somebody’s part) and the other
two Mouseketeers try to handle Frank along with co-conspirator Henry. Frank
goes along with it although he never should have. We find out that it’s the
50th anniversary of Frank first walking the beat which is sort of a strange
date to remember.

Eddie brings cake to dinner. Everybody is startled because they never have
cake for dessert unless it’s a special occasion. Really? They always have
something nice for dessert. What the hell is special about cake?

Jamie is an idiot. He proves himself to be wrong at every turn. Danny
dresses him down good although he could have just saved a lot of trouble by
giving Jamie the information he needed in the first place. Between the two
of them they managed to let the killer go and put the victim in prison. I’m
sure Erin would be proud.

And something I liked, they bugged the meeting place instead of the
murderer they’re trying to set free so nobody can find a wire on him. Of
course they also promised him, and his mother, protection, because it’s
good to let murderers, and their mothers, go free, but the last time we see
him they just leave him alone in a warehouse someplace that I doubt he’ll
get back from alive. I really seriously hope that was intentional.

Oh, yeah, and what they bust the “real Keller“ (who didn’t actually kill
anybody) for is never going to hold up for more than a split second,
especially in the new pro criminal DAs office.

Speaking of Erin, she’s also wrong at every turn and (for the most part)
making sure she helps the criminal and her office at the expense of the
victims and the justice system. She drives one of her ADAs to suicide. I’m
not sure what position of power she holds these days but somehow she’s able
to unilaterally fire people (And then tell them they’ll never set foot in
those offices again even though as a Kriminal he’s going to be there
probably more than anybody else). I can’t imagine that not ending up in a
lawsuit. Anyway the bastard nephew dresses her down. Everything he says he
says to her is true. She admits everything he says to her is true. But she
tells him he’s not allowed to talk to her that way. On what authority? He
doesn’t work for her. He was right. She was wrong. She needs to hear it.
Talk to her any damn way you condescend to.

Speaking of which, Anthony threatens to physically assault Joe for the way
he spoke in their office. For no reason I understand Joe backs down. Joe
should’ve taken Anthony down and tossed him in a cell.

The take away is that Jamie has shown he should never become the new PC and
his sister has shown she should never become the new DA.

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers

<72406d42-7992-4f06-8787-3f9df5475792n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165546&group=rec.arts.tv#165546

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:04:39 -0800 (PST)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:04 UTC

On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 2:42:11 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> > Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.
> >
> > Forget any plots. Really.

Well lads, two things:

1. It's a television show so don't get your knickers
in a twist about every little detail.

2. Given the pure rubbish that floods television
these days, "Blue Bloods" is, by far, the best of the lot.

Irish Mike

Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers

<atropos-E8A4FF.12355319112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165549&group=rec.arts.tv#165549

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:36:28 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:36 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> > Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.
> >
> > Forget any plots. Really.
> >
> > But the key points:
> >
> > a: We've got age confirmations on the Reagans.
> > Remember that recently they said "Henry" was 88.
> > (Len Cariou is 83 in real life).
> >
> > In this week's we found out Francis joined
> > the NYPD "50 years ago today", so... if we
> > figure he was 20, he's now about 70.
> >
> > (Yeah, he could have joined at 18 or, of
> > course, up to 30 or so, which might get
> > him up to, I dunno, 75.. In real life
> > he's 75).
> >
> > b: Magnum, courtesy of some skullduggery by
> > Ms. Hawk and whasisname, was tricked into speaking
> > in front of an auditorium crowd. And we saw
> > him walking (a bit slowly) on his own for
> > the 20 or so steps to the podium.
>
> I'll append my review from the what did you watch thread at the end of
> this.
>
> Actually you pointed out a major mistake that I forgot.
>
> Frank was a Marine before he was a cop. So he can't have joined at a young
> enough age to be Henry's son unless Henry was like 16 when he was born.
>
> BTR will know for sure but I don't see how Frank can possibly be less than
> 72 which probably means he's passed mandatory retirement.

The normal civil service rules don't apply to top-level political
appointees. There is no mandatory retirement at that level. The last
director I served under was way too old to have been a line agent but
that didn't apply to him. I would have had to retire at 58. He was 71.

The theory being, I suppose, that if the person in that job can't
perform anymore due to age, the head of the executive, whether that's
the mayor or the president, can relieve him of his position and appoint
someone else.

Re: Blue Bloods, Fri 18-Nov-2022. Minor spoilers

<atropos-78D198.12361919112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165550&group=rec.arts.tv#165550

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 12:37:03 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:37 UTC

In article <72406d42-7992-4f06-8787-3f9df5475792n@googlegroups.com>,
Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 2:42:11 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> > > Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.
> > >
> > > Forget any plots. Really.
>
> Well lads, two things:
>
> 1. It's a television show so don't get your knickers
> in a twist about every little detail.
>
> 2. Given the pure rubbish that floods television
> these days, "Blue Bloods" is, by far, the best of the lot.

No, it really, really isn't.

Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)

<tldslg$3inb2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165666&group=rec.arts.tv#165666

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:46:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 18:46 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.

>Forget any plots. Really.

>But the key points:

>a: We've got age confirmations on the Reagans.
>Remember that recently they said "Henry" was 88.
>(Len Cariou is 83 in real life).

>In this week's we found out Francis joined
>the NYPD "50 years ago today", so... if we
>figure he was 20, he's now about 70.

Henry was already married and had a child at age 18? That doesn't work
in any way. Why the hell did the script go out of its way to state "50
years since he first went on foot patrol" because that doesn't fit in
with anything else.

>(Yeah, he could have joined at 18 or, of
>course, up to 30 or so, which might get
>him up to, I dunno, 75.. In real life
>he's 75).

>b: Magnum, courtesy of some skullduggery by
>Ms. Hawk and whasisname, was tricked into speaking
>in front of an auditorium crowd. And we saw
>him walking (a bit slowly) on his own for
>the 20 or so steps to the podium.

Re: Blue Bloods "On Dangerous Ground", Fri 18-Nov-2022. (spoilers)

<tle2b6$3j9es$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165678&group=rec.arts.tv#165678

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:23:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:23 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>Don't recall the episode name. SOrry.

>>Forget any plots. Really.

>>But the key points:

>>a: We've got age confirmations on the Reagans.
>>Remember that recently they said "Henry" was 88.
>>(Len Cariou is 83 in real life).

>>In this week's we found out Francis joined
>>the NYPD "50 years ago today", so... if we
>>figure he was 20, he's now about 70.

>>(Yeah, he could have joined at 18 or, of
>>course, up to 30 or so, which might get
>>him up to, I dunno, 75.. In real life
>>he's 75).

>>b: Magnum, courtesy of some skullduggery by
>>Ms. Hawk and whasisname, was tricked into speaking
>>in front of an auditorium crowd. And we saw
>>him walking (a bit slowly) on his own for
>>the 20 or so steps to the podium.

>I'll append my review from the what did you watch thread at the end of
>this.

Thank you for posting your review as a followup in the dedicated thread.

>Actually you pointed out a major mistake that I forgot.

>Frank was a Marine before he was a cop. So he can't have joined at a young
>enough age to be Henry's son unless Henry was like 16 when he was born.

I had forgotten that. All they had to do was said it was something like
4 decades and not 5 decades since he started patrolling.

Henry should be in his 90s and Frank should be maybe a year or two
younger than Tom Selleck.

>BTR will know for sure but I don't see how Frank can possibly be less than
>72 which probably means he's passed mandatory retirement.

Even though the commissioner wears a uniform, he should be a civilian
and there wouldn't be mandatory retirement in state law.

>Let's say he was a marine from 1968 to 1972. That would make him born in
>1950. Henry would be born in 1934.

Henry married at age 15!

>My review:

>BLUE BLOODS S13E06 'On Dangerous Ground'

>Baker (looking fabulous in a high neck black frock in her first scene and a
>more scoop neck black dress in her second and third scenes which take place
>on consecutive days which is a screwup on somebody's part) and the other
>two Mouseketeers try to handle Frank along with co-conspirator Henry. Frank
>goes along with it although he never should have. We find out that it's the
>50th anniversary of Frank first walking the beat which is sort of a strange
>date to remember.

>Eddie brings cake to dinner. Everybody is startled because they never have
>cake for dessert unless it's a special occasion. Really? They always have
>something nice for dessert. What the hell is special about cake?

I thought the cake looked pretty.

>Jamie is an idiot. He proves himself to be wrong at every turn. Danny
>dresses him down good although he could have just saved a lot of trouble by
>giving Jamie the information he needed in the first place. Between the two
>of them they managed to let the killer go and put the victim in prison. I'm
>sure Erin would be proud.

When Danny is the smart one, your episode's plot is in real trouble.

Again, this goes to the theme I was noting about this week's episodes,
in which we're supposed to be sympathetic to murderers because REASONS,
even though the victims are entirely innocent. See from Law & Order.

I need a legal ruling here: Did the boy commit pre-meditated murder? I'm
a little confused about what crime he'd be charged with since he
intended to kill another boy and her death was collateral damage.

Was it attempted murder of the intended target and felony murder of the
woman, then, and not second degree murder at all?

I couldn't figure out how old the boy was. 16? Or was he supposed to be
over 18?

>And something I liked, they bugged the meeting place instead of the
>murderer they're trying to set free so nobody can find a wire on him.

You're right.

>Of course they also promised him, and his mother, protection, because it's
>good to let murderers, and their mothers, go free, but the last time we see
>him they just leave him alone in a warehouse someplace that I doubt he'll
>get back from alive. I really seriously hope that was intentional.

>Oh, yeah, and what they bust the 'real Keller' (who didn't actually kill
>anybody) for is never going to hold up for more than a split second,
>especially in the new pro criminal DAs office.

Nothing about that scene made any sense. It wasn't clear at all how he
said anything incriminating and knowing the woman's name didn't indicate
anything.

He's guilty of conspiracy to murder the other kid but was he far enough
removed from the actual shooting that he can't be charged with felony
murder?

>Speaking of Erin, she's also wrong at every turn and (for the most part)
>making sure she helps the criminal and her office at the expense of the
>victims and the justice system. She drives one of her ADAs to suicide.

It was more stupid than that. He had been corrupted. They don't try to
figure out all the cases that affected and whether they'd have to
re-prosecute or if it was just cases in which someone was acquitted.

But they never looked into how the hell he'd gotten into debt for
$100,000 and what other criminal conspiracy that indicated.

>I'm not sure what position of power she holds these days but somehow
>she's able to unilaterally fire people

That firing she needed to inform the D.A.

>(And then tell them they'll never set foot in
>those offices again even though as a Kriminal he's going to be there
>probably more than anybody else). I can't imagine that not ending up in a
>lawsuit. Anyway the bastard nephew dresses her down. Everything he says he
>says to her is true.

Ok, but the moron told her off in front of a suspect instead of in
private which was incredibly STOOPID.

>She admits everything he says to her is true. But she
>tells him he's not allowed to talk to her that way. On what authority? He
>doesn't work for her. He was right. She was wrong. She needs to hear it.
>Talk to her any damn way you condescend to.

>Speaking of which, Anthony threatens to physically assault Joe for the way
>he spoke in their office. For no reason I understand Joe backs down. Joe
>should've taken Anthony down and tossed him in a cell.

>The take away is that Jamie has shown he should never become the new PC and
>his sister has shown she should never become the new DA.

True