You will probably marry after a very brief courtship.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)Adam H. Kerman
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<UBI20221120@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165739&group=rec.arts.tv#165739

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

After getting some free turkey and sides, I watched:

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

A TRIP TO INFINITY:
Can we experience the infinite? The world's most modern scientists and
mathematicians embark on a search for the infinite and its amazing effects on
the universe.

WONDER WOMAN:
"Formicida". A crusading ecologist scientistette unleashes voracious
ants against an industrialist who plans to market a pesticide she
invented. Hey, it's "Shields and Yarnell!" (look it up, kids).

THE GOOD DOCTOR:
"Islands Part One". I started watching this autistic Doogie Howzer show and
had to wonder how did he become a doctor. In the main story arc, the autistic
Doogie Howzer ran away from his problems and hid at his friend's place, where
his boss went to find him because that's where he always goes to hide. After
barging in and not finding the autistic DH who was hiding under the bed,
ADH's femail friend decided he should call in sick and take a road trip.

Um, whut?

She tells him to call in sick at work but he cannot do it because he's
autistic and lies to her by omission about calling so they leave town for a
week without anyone knowing. Meanwhile, some conjoined twins connected at
the head are undergoing a kidney transplant, which doesn't make sense, and
the staff make a hoooooge production about triple-checking so they don't mess
up. So guess what happened? They asked them once and then marked the arms
confusingly before wheeling them off for surgery as "donator" and "donatee".
Meanwhile, the hospital where ADH works is experiencing a severe staff
shortage and needs everyone there to help. Uh oh! At this point I bailed.

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND LEVIN:
This week on Life, Liberty & Levin, Mark is joined by retired Army Lieutenant
Colonel, Allen West, to discuss the Russia-Ukraine conflict, foreign policy
actions of the Biden administration.

A WALTONS THANKSGIVING:
A brand new "woke Waltons" TV movie in which the circus came to town and the
mother needlessly agonized about being on the pie judging comittee that her
mother was participating. Bored now.
FAMILY GUY:
"Get Stewie". Stewie receives the ire of the fan base of a popular popstar
after his comment; Peter enjoys having excess skin after a lap band surgery.
There were two recycled stories in this ep: Peter getting thin and Brian
pissing off the Tweeterverse.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<tlg2l9$3qmn8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165753&group=rec.arts.tv#165753

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 06:40:41 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:40 UTC

On 2022-11-21 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

On Sunday, I focused on getting some of my last work done before
Thanksgiving week, so I can enjoy the week without worrying about work.
So I didn't focus on trying to get through stuff. Thus, I only got
through:

soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. In an amusing bit, Kayla impersonates a really
low-rent version of Ava Vitali, with Patch as her "henchman", as they
try to track down Tripp - they do, and free him. Tony fills Anna in on
the kidnapping drama, and then convinces EJ to pay the ransom now that
EJ's "leverage" is gone. Ava ups the price. Bonnie and Susan discover
than they communicate telepathically while gagged! (this was another...
gag!). Charlie Dale tries to convince Ava to take the ransom, and kill
Susan anyway!!

Walker: Independence (recorded) - "The Owl and the Arrow" (ep. #7).
This episode was filled with so much stupid that it was impossible
to ignore!!
I had forgotten that Calian had been arrested for Francis Reyes'
murder at the end of the previous ep. - it was unclear from the
previous episode, but Reyes was found with Calian's arrow in him.
Conveniently, Calian can't remember what happened... Of course, when we
ultimately find out that Calian was hit over the head and knocked
unconscious - uh, shouldn't Calian have *easily* *figured that out*?!
The *headache* from that would have been a dead giveaway!! (Like,
*duh*!!)
This whole thing is writer contrivance.
More annoyingly, the entire episode acts like Tom Davidson hasn't
been stabbed - it seems to be forgotten through long stretches of the
episode, and Davidson acts totally normal, which would almsot certainly
be impossible - until the contrived cliffhanger ending, when they bring
Davidson's grievous stabbing back with a vengeance.
Another writer contrivance.
Lucia and Mrs. Reyes return from their convenient "trip" from the
last episode, and arrive to find Francis dead. Francis' hotheaded son
Luis is out for blood. The town is all too ready to "hang the indian",
despite Calian's years of service to the town.
Abby, who has never set foot in a law school, insists upon being
Calian's defense counsel, despite Sheriff Davidson warning her that
it's a bad idea.
Kate discovers that her Pinkerton handler has been playing footsies
with Davidson. She threatens him, and coerces the truth out of him -
the Pinkertons are now working for the railroad. Kate quits in disgust,
vowing to stay in Independence to clean up the town. (Uh, what is Kate
going to do for money?! And why does she even care?!!)
They get to the trial *the next day* - even in the Old West, I doubt
trials were that quick!! Despite the case being circumstantial, and
with no direct witnesses, the judge convicts Calian, who is to be
hanged the same day!! (Another Western staple that I doubt is accurate.)
Hoyt figures out that Luis Reyes is acting weird, and gets Luis to
confess that he accidentally shot his father in a scuffle, and then
knocked out Calian and stole Calian's arrow to cover up the crime and
frame Calian. Gus overhears this, and finds the bullet in Francis
Reyes' corpse.
In YA contrivance, Sheriff Davidson refuses to hang Calian even
*before* Hoyt and Gus show up with the evidence! Um, why?! Why would
Davidson care?! Why are they trying to show Davidson with a conscience
all of a sudden?!!
Calian is off the hook. The episode kind of acts like he's leaving
town, but he's in the teaser for the next episode(?!).
At the end, Abby find Davidson collapsed from his stabbing wound,
and pleading for help - Will Abby help him, or let the man who murdered
her husband rigtheously die?!! CLIFFHANGER!!
This was the "winter finale" - we won't get new episodes of this
show until January 2023... Next episode: Abby's sister shows up in
town!! (I didn't recognize the actress...)

When I Think of Christmas (Hallmark) - I found this to be another
"downbeat" Christmas flick, as the lead female was whiny and
self-pitying, and the lead male was initially a jerk. (Beth Broderick
played lead female's mom.)
Shenae Grimes-Beech's hair looked *terrible* in this - in addition
to bad highlights, she has *bangs*! Someone needs to tell Shenae that
that's a look that may work at 23, but definitely doesn't work at 33!!
Anyway, I didn't care for this one much - not an auspicious project
for Grimes-Beech to tackle after a 4 year hiatus!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<tlgbpe$3rc2r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165760&group=rec.arts.tv#165760

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:16:30 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:16 UTC

On 11/21/2022 6:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> [...]
> pleading for help - Will Abby help him, or let the man who murdered her
> husband rigtheously die?!! CLIFFHANGER!!
>   This was the "winter finale" - we won't get new episodes of this show
> until January 2023... Next episode: Abby's sister shows up in town!! (I
> didn't recognize the actress...)
>
> When I Think of Christmas (Hallmark) - I found this to be another
> "downbeat" Christmas flick, as the lead female was whiny and
> self-pitying, and the lead male was initially a jerk. (Beth Broderick
> played lead female's mom.)
>   Shenae Grimes-Beech's hair looked *terrible* in this - in addition to
> bad highlights, she has *bangs*! Someone needs to tell Shenae that
> that's a look that may work at 23, but definitely doesn't work at 33!!
>   Anyway, I didn't care for this one much - not an auspicious project
> for Grimes-Beech to tackle after a 4 year hiatus!

I watched:

Atlantis: The Lost Empire (blu-ray) 2001 Disney animated sci-fi movie
set in 1914 about a group of explorers who find Atlantis. This was a
blind buy. I heard it was pretty good. It actually was pretty good.

Atlantis: Milo's Return (blu-ray) - 2003 direct to video sequel. This
was a double feature on the same disc. This was really bad. The
animation was a significant drop down in quality. I thought maybe it
would just be background noise but after 30 minutes I turned it off.

Treasure Planet (Disney+) - 2002 Disney animated sci-fi adventure movie.
I had always planned to pair Treasure Planet with Atlantis. Over the
years I kept hearing how good it it. But after I got the movie going it
looked a little familiar so I double checked and turns out I rented it
from Netflix almost 20 years ago when the movie first came out. It was
just OK.

National Treasure (Disney+) 2004 adventure movie starring Nicolas Cage
as a Divanci Code style history buff or whatever. He has to steal the
Declaration of Independence in order to prevent it from being stolen.
Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. I know I saw it once before but
didn't remember it all that well. It was mostly meh. I only forced
myself to watch it again because they announced at the D23 Expo a new
series is coming out and I figured I should get up to speed.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets (Disney+) 2007 sequel which has
Nicolas Cage returning to have another adventure. Yawn! People like
these movies?!? Apparently I rented it when it first came out then
wiped it from my memory.

Law & Order: SVU - "A Better Person" - Team SVU investigate the murder
of a transgender woman bu the woman's father is a copy who wants to keep
things secret.

In light of the shocking announcement that Jason David Frank committed
suicide yesterday, I was going to watch the first Power Rangers movie,
but just couldn't squeeze it in. I don't follow current events in Power
Rangers, but I'm still a fan. On the outside he seemed to be on top of
the world with everything going for him. I'm still in a bit shock over
the news.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<tlgcdl$3rcqq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165764&group=rec.arts.tv#165764

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:27:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:27 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>National Treasure (Disney+) 2004 adventure movie starring Nicolas Cage
>as a Divanci Code style history buff or whatever. He has to steal the
>Declaration of Independence in order to prevent it from being stolen.
>Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. I know I saw it once before but
>didn't remember it all that well. It was mostly meh. I only forced
>myself to watch it again because they announced at the D23 Expo a new
>series is coming out and I figured I should get up to speed.

My recollection is Diane Kruger's appalling accent and that she seemed
so unsure of herself that her performance was distracting. Subsequently
she has learned to speak English with an acceptable accent. Seriously,
they need to get her to loop her dialogue even though it's decades later.

This movie bored me the first time and I've never wanted to re-watch.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<1148097994.690748762.850220.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165776&group=rec.arts.tv#165776

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 11:51:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:51 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/21/2022 6:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-11-21 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> On Sunday, I focused on getting some of my last work
>

> I watched:
>

> Atlantis: The Lost Empire (blu-ray) 2001 Disney animated sci-fi movie
> set in 1914 about a group of explorers who find Atlantis. This was a
> blind buy. I heard it was pretty good. It actually was pretty good.

I worked some with the story people on that in the early days. My opinion
was that the fantasy London (?) they were leaving was more interesting than
the Atlantis they were headed for. This is always a mistake. The audience
should want to go to the new place!

> Atlantis: Milo's Return (blu-ray) - 2003 direct to video sequel. This
> was a double feature on the same disc. This was really bad. The
> animation was a significant drop down in quality. I thought maybe it
> would just be background noise but after 30 minutes I turned it off.
>

> Treasure Planet (Disney+) - 2002 Disney animated sci-fi adventure movie.
> I had always planned to pair Treasure Planet with Atlantis. Over the
> years I kept hearing how good it it. But after I got the movie going it
> looked a little familiar so I double checked and turns out I rented it
> from Netflix almost 20 years ago when the movie first came out. It was
> just OK.

While I was at Fox, they announced their own “treasure planet“ using the
Disney script claiming that Disney had passed on their option. Disney
immediately responded “the hell we did“ but fox decided to do it anyway and
rip off Spielberg seaQuest in the process. They wanted me on that film and
I wasn’t going anywhere near it.

> National Treasure (Disney+) 2004 adventure movie starring Nicolas Cage
> as a Divanci Code style history buff or whatever. He has to steal the
> Declaration of Independence in order to prevent it from being stolen.
> Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. I know I saw it once before but
> didn't remember it all that well. It was mostly meh. I only forced
> myself to watch it again because they announced at the D23 Expo a new
> series is coming out and I figured I should get up to speed.

I like this movie. It’s a better dirt pit movie than either of the dirt pit
movies are.

> National Treasure: Book of Secrets (Disney+) 2007 sequel which has
> Nicolas Cage returning to have another adventure. Yawn! People like
> these movies?!? Apparently I rented it when it first came out then
> wiped it from my memory.

It wasn’t nearly as good as the first one but I like that the leads were
still together and filthy rich and they didn’t reset them to zero like so
many sequels do.

> In light of the shocking announcement that Jason David Frank committed
> suicide yesterday, I was going to watch the first Power Rangers movie,
> but just couldn't squeeze it in. I don't follow current events in Power
> Rangers, but I'm still a fan. On the outside he seemed to be on top of
> the world with everything going for him. I'm still in a bit shock over
> the news.

Was he in the first movie? I actually worked on that. I did a scene where
they were in the desert or something and all the totem Square flying around
leaving trails behind them. They said it was beautiful but they wanted it
changed so it looks stupid instead. I was out of town by then and that was
pretty much the end of my involvement with the Power Rangers.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<1508319816.690751188.024654.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165780&group=rec.arts.tv#165780

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 12:25:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:25 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> After getting some free turkey and sides, I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

More episodes of (the adventures of) MERLIN

THE WALKING FRED FRED CARPET special
Possibly the lamest red carpet special I’ve ever seen. Plus the idiots
started it late and ran long so even with the padding I didn’t get all of
it. Lauren Cohan is beautiful even in an amazingly ugly dress. Every time
they cut away to her for an interview she was doing a different accent.

THE WALKING FRED series finale.
I fell asleep maybe 15 minutes in.

THE TALKING FRED
I never got to this. But it’s all on the DVR.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<tlh76p$3tmg6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165799&group=rec.arts.tv#165799

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:35:09 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 00:35 UTC

On 11/21/2022 10:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> On Sunday, I focused on getting some of my last work
>>

>> I watched:
>>

>> Atlantis: The Lost Empire (blu-ray) 2001 Disney animated sci-fi movie
>> set in 1914 about a group of explorers who find Atlantis. This was a
>> blind buy. I heard it was pretty good. It actually was pretty good.
>>

> I worked some with the story people on that in the early days. My opinion
> was that the fantasy London (?) they were leaving was more interesting than
> the Atlantis they were headed for. This is always a mistake. The audience
> should want to go to the new place!
>

>> Atlantis: Milo's Return (blu-ray) - 2003 direct to video sequel. This
>> was a double feature on the same disc. This was really bad. The
>> animation was a significant drop down in quality. I thought maybe it
>> would just be background noise but after 30 minutes I turned it off.
>>

>> Treasure Planet (Disney+) - 2002 Disney animated sci-fi adventure movie.
>> I had always planned to pair Treasure Planet with Atlantis. Over the
>> years I kept hearing how good it it. But after I got the movie going it
>> looked a little familiar so I double checked and turns out I rented it
>> from Netflix almost 20 years ago when the movie first came out. It was
>> just OK.
>
> While I was at Fox, they announced their own “treasure planet“ using the
> Disney script claiming that Disney had passed on their option. Disney
> immediately responded “the hell we did“ but fox decided to do it anyway and
> rip off Spielberg seaQuest in the process. They wanted me on that film and
> I wasn’t going anywhere near it.

Titan A.E.?

>> National Treasure (Disney+) 2004 adventure movie starring Nicolas Cage
>> as a Divanci Code style history buff or whatever. He has to steal the
>> Declaration of Independence in order to prevent it from being stolen.
>> Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. I know I saw it once before but
>> didn't remember it all that well. It was mostly meh. I only forced
>> myself to watch it again because they announced at the D23 Expo a new
>> series is coming out and I figured I should get up to speed.
>
> I like this movie. It’s a better dirt pit movie than either of the dirt pit
> movies are.
>

>> National Treasure: Book of Secrets (Disney+) 2007 sequel which has
>> Nicolas Cage returning to have another adventure. Yawn! People like
>> these movies?!? Apparently I rented it when it first came out then
>> wiped it from my memory.
>
> It wasn’t nearly as good as the first one but I like that the leads were
> still together and filthy rich and they didn’t reset them to zero like so
> many sequels do.
>

>> In light of the shocking announcement that Jason David Frank committed
>> suicide yesterday, I was going to watch the first Power Rangers movie,
>> but just couldn't squeeze it in. I don't follow current events in Power
>> Rangers, but I'm still a fan. On the outside he seemed to be on top of
>> the world with everything going for him. I'm still in a bit shock over
>> the news.
>
> Was he in the first movie?

He starred in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995). I didn't
care much for it when I saw it in the theater, but over the years I've
actually grown to like it more and more. He had a small cameo in the
2007 reboot, but the 1995 version is the one I wanted to watch again.

I actually worked on that.

Cool!

I did a scene where
> they were in the desert or something and all the totem Square flying around
> leaving trails behind them. They said it was beautiful but they wanted it
> changed so it looks stupid instead. I was out of town by then and that was
> pretty much the end of my involvement with the Power Rangers.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<1269490874.690775811.418301.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165804&group=rec.arts.tv#165804

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:19:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 02:19 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/21/2022 10:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Atlantis: The Lost Empire (blu-ray) 2001 Disney animated sci-fi movie
>>> set in 1914 about a group of explorers who find Atlantis. This was a
>>> blind buy. I heard it was pretty good. It actually was pretty good.
>>>

>> I worked some with the story people on that in the early days. My opinion
>> was that the fantasy London (?) they were leaving was more interesting than
>> the Atlantis they were headed for. This is always a mistake. The audience
>> should want to go to the new place!
>>

>>> Atlantis: Milo's Return (blu-ray) - 2003 direct to video sequel. This
>>> was a double feature on the same disc. This was really bad. The
>>> animation was a significant drop down in quality. I thought maybe it
>>> would just be background noise but after 30 minutes I turned it off.
>>>

>>> Treasure Planet (Disney+) - 2002 Disney animated sci-fi adventure movie.
>>> I had always planned to pair Treasure Planet with Atlantis. Over the
>>> years I kept hearing how good it it. But after I got the movie going it
>>> looked a little familiar so I double checked and turns out I rented it
>>> from Netflix almost 20 years ago when the movie first came out. It was
>>> just OK.
>>
>> While I was at Fox, they announced their own “treasure planet“ using the
>> Disney script claiming that Disney had passed on their option. Disney
>> immediately responded “the hell we did“ but fox decided to do it anyway and
>> rip off Spielberg seaQuest in the process. They wanted me on that film and
>> I wasn’t going anywhere near it.
>>

> Titan A.E.?

That’s what it ended up being called finally. It started out as treasure
planet and then became ice planet and then they did a big high-level
announcement and publicity blitz to say they had changed ice planet to
planet ice and then they stuck the word titan in there and we tried to get
them to call it Titan IC because, you know, their other big movie around
then.

They hired a Director based in California and he was supposed to come in
and take over the special projects division where I worked but Don Bluth
refused to let him in the building so he just stayed in California and
worked long distance. They staffed up with all these guys they were finding
in southeast Asia that literally lived in mud huts. They just painted
stuff, supposedly inspirational, at random and actually FedExed to the
originals back-and-forth to the Director and he would say “yes“ or “no“
with no elaboration. One day they called me over because they wanted me to
see their spaceship. It was a model of the seaQuest DSV that was upside
down with the masts from the HMS bounty glued to the top of it. They asked
me what I thought and I said it looks like a model of the seaQuest DSV with
the masts from the HMS bounty glued to the top of it (I was right, too, it
actually was masts from the model of the bounty). They said I couldn’t
possibly tell that because it was upside down. I had to point out to them
that with the exception of a couple small details to seaQuest DSV is
exactly the same right side up or upside down. So now they were ripping
off a script from Disney and a ship from Spielberg. I continued to stay far
far away.

>>> National Treasure (Disney+) 2004 adventure movie starring Nicolas Cage
>>> as a Divanci Code style history buff or whatever. He has to steal the
>>> Declaration of Independence in order to prevent it from being stolen.
>>> Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. I know I saw it once before but
>>> didn't remember it all that well. It was mostly meh. I only forced
>>> myself to watch it again because they announced at the D23 Expo a new
>>> series is coming out and I figured I should get up to speed.
>>
>> I like this movie. It’s a better dirt pit movie than either of the dirt pit
>> movies are.
>>

>>> National Treasure: Book of Secrets (Disney+) 2007 sequel which has
>>> Nicolas Cage returning to have another adventure. Yawn! People like
>>> these movies?!? Apparently I rented it when it first came out then
>>> wiped it from my memory.
>>
>> It wasn’t nearly as good as the first one but I like that the leads were
>> still together and filthy rich and they didn’t reset them to zero like so
>> many sequels do.
>>

>>> In light of the shocking announcement that Jason David Frank committed
>>> suicide yesterday, I was going to watch the first Power Rangers movie,
>>> but just couldn't squeeze it in. I don't follow current events in Power
>>> Rangers, but I'm still a fan. On the outside he seemed to be on top of
>>> the world with everything going for him. I'm still in a bit shock over
>>> the news.
>>
>> Was he in the first movie?
>
> He starred in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995). I didn't
> care much for it when I saw it in the theater, but over the years I've
> actually grown to like it more and more. He had a small cameo in the
> 2007 reboot, but the 1995 version is the one I wanted to watch again.
>
> I actually worked on that.
>

> Cool!
>
> I did a scene where
>> they were in the desert or something and all the totem Square flying around
>> leaving trails behind them. They said it was beautiful but they wanted it
>> changed so it looks stupid instead. I was out of town by then and that was
>> pretty much the end of my involvement with the Power Rangers.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-20 (Sunday)

<161326353.690807905.994294.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165813&group=rec.arts.tv#165813

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 04:10:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:10 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> After getting some free turkey and sides, I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> More episodes of (the adventures of) MERLIN
>
> THE WALKING FRED FRED CARPET special
> Possibly the lamest red carpet special I’ve ever seen. Plus the idiots
> started it late and ran long so even with the padding I didn’t get all of
> it. Lauren Cohan is beautiful even in an amazingly ugly dress. Every time
> they cut away to her for an interview she was doing a different accent.
>
> THE WALKING FRED series finale.
> I fell asleep maybe 15 minutes in.

Well this was pretty much just terrible. Most of it’s one big extended
fight sequence that was so inraptly presented that there was no way to tell
what the hell was going on and they apparently realized it and laid
narration over in the form of supposed radio communications between the
various actors explaining exposition to each other that they clearly
already knew.

> THE TALKING FRED
> I never got to this. But it’s all on the DVR.

And this was a suck fest as well. They made the mistake of doing it live on
stage in front of 1000 people audience so there ended up being about 10
minutes of useful information during the entire hour and a half. The rest
of it is the crowd screaming at them and applauding every time anybody came
on stage or said anything. Also they had lots of audio drop outs and maybe
even some edits.