From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-21 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-21 (Monday)

<tlikkk$3pth$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165816&group=rec.arts.tv#165816

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-21 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:59:48 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:59 UTC

On 2022-11-22 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Getting ready for the holiday, so just:

soaps: GH - Holly explains to Robert how she was coerced into working
for Victor Cassadine - I think at the end, Holly convinced Robert to
keep playing along with Victor. Also, the real fate of Lucy is
revealed... Meanwhile, Britt gets a bad disagnosis on her Huntington's
so she's about to be written out (seemingly for good this time, it
seems). Dex makes out with dummy Josslyn, and then returns to Sonny,
who is skeptical about Dex's 3 day absence. NuDrew's feeling are hurt
when Carly gets a call and runs out on him without as much as a word!
Carly tries to set Sonny straight on what happened with Brick.
I noticed there are no new GH episodes on Thurs & Fri of the week.

Similarly, "Walker: Indpendence" is now off until January, and the next
episode of "Stargirl" isn't until Nov. 30.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-21 (Monday)

<tlirfo$4cpk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165826&group=rec.arts.tv#165826

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:42:05 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:42 UTC

On 11/22/2022 5:59 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-22 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Getting ready for the holiday, so just:
>
> soaps: GH - Holly explains to Robert how she was coerced into working
> for Victor Cassadine - I think at the end, Holly convinced Robert to
> keep playing along with Victor. Also, the real fate of Lucy is
> revealed... Meanwhile, Britt gets a bad disagnosis on her Huntington's
> so she's about to be written out (seemingly for good this time, it
> seems). Dex makes out with dummy Josslyn, and then returns to Sonny, who
> is skeptical about Dex's 3 day absence. NuDrew's feeling are hurt when
> Carly gets a call and runs out on him without as much as a word! Carly
> tries to set Sonny straight on what happened with Brick.
>   I noticed there are no new GH episodes on Thurs & Fri of the week.
>
> Similarly, "Walker: Indpendence" is now off until January, and the next
> episode of "Stargirl" isn't until Nov. 30.

You can get started on Stargirl and be all caught up by Nov. 30.

I watched:

Slumberland (Netflix streaming) New fantasy movie starring Jason Momoa
as a dream creature a young girl meets in her dreams after the death of
her father (Kyle Chandler). Together they go off on adventures while
she sleeps using a stolen a map that will lead them to a magical
treasure. But they are chased by the dream police and a nightmare.
This movie felt a *lot* like Time Bandits. You have a plot involving a
kid in on a fantastic adventure using a stolen map to find hidden
doorways that will lead to a treasure while being chased by a
supernatural being. Yep, that's Time Bandits! I was a little familiar
with the material because of a very popular 90s Nintendo game. Prior to
watching the movie I even looked up some YouTube footage of game play to
see how closely the movie would resemble the game. They appeared to
have kept the same names from the game. The game was actually based on
a Japanese animated film, "Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland" which
came out the year before. I'm not sure if I ever saw the movie or not.
But I think at the time of the game's release I was vaguely aware of the
movie. The movie in turn was based on a comic strip called "Little
Nemo" that ran in the early 1900s. I never heard of the comic have no
idea how much of the comic is in any of the later adaptation.

Anyway, the movie was just OK. I didn't give it my full attention. I
think my main gripe is the dream world didn't really feel like a dream
world to me. The "dreams" in this movie felt more like surreal "Alice
in Wonderland" or "Wizard of Oz" types of adventure worlds. Not that
people don't dream that sort of thing, but 99% of my dreams are reality
based, maybe with a twist or two like including a person who shouldn't
be there. I thought "Inception" did a much better job of pulling off
what the dream world is like. It's normal, and you don't even realize
that you are dreaming most of the time. I'm not saying I would
necessarily realize I was dreaming if I showed up in a surreal
environment. Just that most of my dreams don't involve *fantasy*
creatures walking around. And if they did, it would probably pull me
out of the dream. But I'm probably just nitpicking. See it for
yourself and judge.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-21 (Monday)

<1380453280.690829843.177475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165833&group=rec.arts.tv#165833

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 10:11:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:11 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/22/2022 5:59 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-11-22 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>

>> Similarly, "Walker: Indpendence" is now off until January, and the next
>> episode of "Stargirl" isn't until Nov. 30.
>>

> You can get started on Stargirl and be all caught up by Nov. 30.

I am pretty sure you’re not talking to me.