"Do you think there's a God?" "Well, ____SOMEbody's out to get me!" -- Calvin and Hobbs

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

SubjectAuthor
* Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electionBTR1701
+* Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electionsuzeeq
|`* Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electionMicky DuPree
| `- Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electionAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electiontrotsky
 `- Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to electionIrish Mike

1
Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<6ZOcnVaheu4mj_b-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164124&group=rec.arts.tv#164124

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 02:38:51 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 02:38 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> NBC: Sour-faced, dour democrat boosters looking like someone defecated
> in their soy-milk lattes.
>
> CBS: They ran a silly GAME show board to "guess" how things would go. Unprofessional.
>
> ABC: Best of the lot, though there was still democrat partisanship
> evident, they were more dignified than the other two
>
> FOX: Made the best decision, stuck to their normal programming.
>
> PBS: Made the observation that what was the party (Repubs) of the rich,
> is now the party of the working-class. PBS had actual democrats and
> repubs involved in their respective parties.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpharmc99nwzixi/MediaBingo.jpg?dl=0

Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<tkf8bc$j0bf$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164125&group=rec.arts.tv#164125

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 19:55:25 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 03:55 UTC

On 11/8/2022 6:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> NBC: Sour-faced, dour democrat boosters looking like someone defecated
>> in their soy-milk lattes.
>>
>> CBS: They ran a silly GAME show board to "guess" how things would go. Unprofessional.
>>
>> ABC: Best of the lot, though there was still democrat partisanship
>> evident, they were more dignified than the other two

ABC news has always been the better of the networks. They have an actual
new department.

>> FOX: Made the best decision, stuck to their normal programming.
>>
>> PBS: Made the observation that what was the party (Repubs) of the rich,
>> is now the party of the working-class. PBS had actual democrats and
>> repubs involved in their respective parties.

I've heard that from other newworks too.

Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<tkfmq4$1dm2$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164137&group=rec.arts.tv#164137

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 02:02:12 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 08:02 UTC

On 11/8/22 8:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> NBC: Sour-faced, dour democrat boosters looking like someone defecated
>> in their soy-milk lattes.
>>
>> CBS: They ran a silly GAME show board to "guess" how things would go. Unprofessional.
>>
>> ABC: Best of the lot, though there was still democrat partisanship
>> evident, they were more dignified than the other two
>>
>> FOX: Made the best decision, stuck to their normal programming.
>>
>> PBS: Made the observation that what was the party (Repubs) of the rich,
>> is now the party of the working-class. PBS had actual democrats and
>> repubs involved in their respective parties.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpharmc99nwzixi/MediaBingo.jpg?dl=0

"Red Wave," that's funny as fuck.

Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<tlj6vl$asv$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165843&group=rec.arts.tv#165843

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:12:53 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:12 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> PBS: Made the observation that what was the party (Repubs) of the
>>> rich, is now the party of the working-class.

The rich and the white working class, an unholy alliance of bigots and
billionaires. But working-class people of color lean Democratic, and
somehow no one's rushing to interview them about their feelings of
"economic anxiety."

>>> PBS had actual democrats and repubs involved in their respective
>>> parties.
>
> I've heard that from other newworks too.

Refreshing.

-Micky

Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<e23fa8e9-4376-4cff-9385-e7ecee364c69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165847&group=rec.arts.tv#165847

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:26:45 -0800 (PST)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:26 UTC

On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 3:02:17 AM UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 11/8/22 8:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> NBC: Sour-faced, dour democrat boosters looking like someone defecated
> >> in their soy-milk lattes.
> >>
> >> CBS: They ran a silly GAME show board to "guess" how things would go. Unprofessional.
> >>
> >> ABC: Best of the lot, though there was still democrat partisanship
> >> evident, they were more dignified than the other two
> >>
> >> FOX: Made the best decision, stuck to their normal programming.
> >>
> >> PBS: Made the observation that what was the party (Repubs) of the rich,
> >> is now the party of the working-class. PBS had actual democrats and
> >> repubs involved in their respective parties.
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpharmc99nwzixi/MediaBingo.jpg?dl=0
> "Red Wave," that's funny as fuck.

Especially to Nancy Pelosi who used to be Speaker
of the House and to the left wing Democrats who
used to control the House.

Irish Mike

Re: 3 major networks: Vastly different approaches to election

<tlka7t$afsu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165874&group=rec.arts.tv#165874

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:14:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 05:14 UTC

Micky DuPree <MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>The rich and the white working class, an unholy alliance of bigots and
>billionaires. But working-class people of color lean Democratic, and
>somehow no one's rushing to interview them about their feelings of
>"economic anxiety."

All the men in my family are white working class, none of whom are the
bigots you believe them to be, but thanks for the insult. Oddly, none of
them were able to get phone calls to billionaires returned.

I've certainly heard plenty of stories on PBS and especially NPR (that
would be radio) in which black working class men were interviewed about
economic problems affecting them directly.