I B M U B M We all B M For I B M!!!! -- H.A.R.L.I.E.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)BTR1701
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
| | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)BTR1701
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<UBI20221117@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165300&group=rec.arts.tv#165300

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<tl83ud$2ut14$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165314&group=rec.arts.tv#165314

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 06:13:33 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:13 UTC

On 2022-11-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

My longest workday, so I only got through...:

The Peripheral (Prime) - "Haptic Drift" (ep. #3). Finaly got back to
this after a long pause...
This was another improvement. We finally start getting some answers...
Spolers
I guess...
We find out that there were at least two(?) "extiniction-level
events". One seems to be some kind of plague. The other was something
called "The Jackpot", which isn't explained in this episode (but looks
like it might be in ep. #4).
They give us background on villain Corbell Pickett (which really
wasn't necessary...), and he mulls over the offer to take out the
Fishers.
In the future, Flynne helps Wilf try to track down Aelita, which
leads to an awkward encounter! and they seem to make progress on that.
Wilf is forced to see his adoptive "mother", who is a real piece of
work.
In the "present", Burton attempts to "buy" Corbell Pickett off so he
won't go after Burton and Flynne, and Pickett gets his nephew, Jasper,
to find out what the Fishers are up to, while Jasper's wife, Billy Ann
(Flynne's bestie), basically wants to know what Pickett is up to.
We'll see where this goes...

Recorded for later: Walker: Independence (which I'm now an episode
behind on again).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<593977512.690486319.875770.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165378&group=rec.arts.tv#165378

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:37:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 18:37 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>
> Nothing.
>
> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I am powering through (the adventures of) MERLIN once again since Netflix
says it’s about to go away and Apple TV+ which doesn’t actually work won’t
show it to me even though I own it.

I’m trying to find anything I need to watch on Disney+ before it goes away.
I’ve hit up some Zorro episodes but that’s honestly silly since I own the
entire series on disk.

ALASKA DAILY S01E06
I still don’t get what this show is going for, if it’s satirical or what. A
cute blonde Texas girl on a cruise ship fell overboard while apparently
broadcasting a live movie selfie Which has millions of hits. She hasn’t
been in the water long enough to freeze to death yet but the deadline is
coming up. So they’ve got a search going for her. And the Daily Alaskans
reaction is to say this is racist because they aren’t searching for her as
hard as they did for some local woman of color who vanished a few days ago
with no clues.

Seriously? One is a rescue mission and the other is a disappearance.

In one scene it was very clear that the newspaper is online only. In
another scene it was very clear that somebody was holding a copy of the
print version. Towards the end we actually see somebody get a copy of the
tiny penny saver size newspaper out of a street vending machine.

Our hero is visibly pregnant and wearing loose blouses and holding her
overcoat over her folded arms in pretty much every scene that she’s not
behind something or standing with her back to the camera while wearing
black.

In this commercial Peter piper pizza is bragging they hand make their pizza
pies. Is anybody machine making them?

In the news brief, Taylor Swift ticket fall out change is on the way as the
demand reaches new heights. I don’t know what the hell they’re talking
about.

The title of the episode is “you can’t put a price on life“ and yet that’s
exactly what the Daily Alaskan is trying to do.

They’re smearing the girl overboard because she has a misdemeanor
possession record in Texas.

All the women at the paper just refuse to take assignment orders from the
white male editor because white male editor.

Some sort of search is going on in the forest for the missing woman of
color. Reporters and editors from the paper just popped in and out of it to
give exposition rather than use, you know, cell phones.

The paper is mad at the governor for not spreading the news more about
missing local women. So he starts a task force which the paper is
completely unaware of because they don’t actually do much research. So they
immediately investigate his task force and find out most of the money is
going to a local PR company they don’t like although how the how many
choices could there be in Anchorage?

The paper wants to do a pie chart showing the scale of the crisis of the
missing local women but they have to do mock ups and go to the owner for
funding for it. Seriously? For a pie chart in a newspaper?

Horrible poetry, the kind that doesn’t have rhythm or rhyme or consistent
punctuation or subjects or predicates, ensues.

The governor tells our heroine that she doesn’t know what she’s talking
about and that it’s apples and oranges. The governor is correct.

The racist locals won’t even use the name of the girl who fell off the
cruise ship, just referring to her as “the blonde girl“

Tweets come in congratulating the paper on what a great job they did when
they really really didn’t.

Why is a pastor’s name on a police report, wildly misspelled? The
newspaper’s assumption is that no pastor’s name should ever appear on a
police report!

The missing girl went to church. Why did the missing girl’s mother never
mention that she went to church? This must be a clue!

There is a bar in the same strip mall as the newspaper’s 50,000 square-foot
office. When it’s raining you can just walk to it under cover on the
sidewalk or you can short cut diagonally and get soaked. The reporters like
to get soaked.

Our heroine’s evil stalker shows up in the newspaper’s 75,000 square-foot
office where she’s working alone and nobody has bothered to lock the door
and pulls a gun on her! I swear they cast him because he looks like Alec
Baldwin.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<tl8kbb$30cph$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165380&group=rec.arts.tv#165380

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 09:18:40 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:18 UTC

On 11/18/2022 6:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-11-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> My longest workday, so I only got through...:
>
> The Peripheral (Prime) - "Haptic Drift" (ep. #3). Finaly got back to
> this after a long pause...
>   This was another improvement. We finally start getting some answers...
>   Spolers
>   I guess...
>   We find out that there were at least two(?) "extiniction-level
> events".

Yes, at least two...

One seems to be some kind of plague. The other was something
> called "The Jackpot", which isn't explained in this episode (but looks
> like it might be in ep. #4).
>   They give us background on villain Corbell Pickett (which really
> wasn't necessary...), and he mulls over the offer to take out the Fishers.
>   In the future, Flynne helps Wilf try to track down Aelita, which
> leads to an awkward encounter! and they seem to make progress on that.
> Wilf is forced to see his adoptive "mother", who is a real piece of work.
>   In the "present", Burton attempts to "buy" Corbell Pickett off so he
> won't go after Burton and Flynne,

That was a good scene.

and Pickett gets his nephew, Jasper,
> to find out what the Fishers are up to, while Jasper's wife, Billy Ann
> (Flynne's bestie), basically wants to know what Pickett is up to.
>   We'll see where this goes...
>
> Recorded for later: Walker: Independence (which I'm now an episode
> behind on again).

I watched:

Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
"accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.

Chucky - "Goin' to the Chapel" - A pretty good penultimate episode which
finds the entire gang finally reuniting to battle Chucky. They manage
to capture (one of) him and perform an exorcism.

Law and Order - A soldier is murdered. Mostly background noise.

The Menu (theatrical) - New horror comedy starring Ralph Fiennes as a
celebrity chef who invites an all star cast (including Anya Taylor-Joy,
Nicholas Hoult, Judith Light, and John Leguizamo) to his restaurant on
an isolated island for an expensive meal. But once all the guests
arrive they quickly discover they weren't just invited for the food.
You can more or less guess what's about to go down from the trailer, but
since the trailers are intentionally vague I won't reveal what actually
happens. Plus there are definitely some nice twists and turns in the
movie as well. Overall I thought it was pretty good. One annoyance was
the people sitting behind me in the theater were finding the movie a
*lot* funnier than I was. They were obnoxiously laughing out loud
throughout the movie. It was straight out of the movie theater scene
from Cape Fear. I was about ready to turn around and say it's not
*that* funny! But the thing is while I found the first half of the
movie to be more on the low key thriller side of things, as the movie
went on it definitely got funnier and funnier and I found myself
laughing out loud too. But it was absolutely still a horror movie, just
a funny one. I thought perhaps the people behind me were laughing at
the movie, but I overheard them talking after and they were saying how
much they really liked it.

I had a similar experience when I saw "The Invitation" at the theater.
I was watching and generally enjoying the movie but this one group was
just laughing obnoxiously loud and things that I just didn't see the
humor in.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<atropos-BE71BF.11103118112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165382&group=rec.arts.tv#165382

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:11:06 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:11 UTC

In article <tl8kbb$30cph$1@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> Law and Order - A soldier is murdered. Mostly background noise.

Did Harm show up with his weird two-layer haircut to fight over
jurisdiction with NCIS and threaten to murder other law enforcement
officers if they got in his way?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<atropos-C6D7DD.11241318112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165384&group=rec.arts.tv#165384

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 11:24:48 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:24 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> ALASKA DAILY S01E06
> I still don't get what this show is going for, if it's satirical or what.
> A cute blonde Texas girl on a cruise ship fell overboard while apparently
> broadcasting a live movie selfie Which has millions of hits. She hasn't
> been in the water long enough to freeze to death yet but the deadline is
> coming up. So they've got a search going for her. And the Daily Alaskans
> reaction is to say this is racist because they aren't searching for her as
> hard as they did for some local woman of color who vanished a few days ago
> with no clues.

I liked that they didn't blame the disparity in treatment on the
government. When Swank haughtily confronted the state treasurer over the
impliedly racist difference in their response, she rightly dumped it
right back into Swank's lap: "We doing more for the white girl because
that's what you vultures in the media demand of us. You show up here in
droves from around the nation when a white girl goes missing and you
hold us accountable if we don't find her. You don't do that for natives.
So why are you surprised when one gets funding and the other doesn't?"

Loved it. And I was surprised the show actually went there.

> They're smearing the girl overboard because she has a misdemeanor
> possession record in Texas.

Well, no. They asked why minor criminal history like that is part of the
state's BOLO's for the native women but then they say it's irrelevant
for this Texas girl.

It is a double standard and was a perfectly appropriate question to ask
the governor's spokeshole.

> The paper is mad at the governor for not spreading the news more about
> missing local women. So he starts a task force which the paper is
> completely unaware of because they don't actually do much research. So they
> immediately investigate his task force and find out most of the money is
> going to a local PR company they don't like although how the how many
> choices could there be in Anchorage?

It wasn't that they didn't like the company-- although the fact that it
was owned by one of the governor's BFFs smacked of cronyism-- it was
that all the money was being spent on PR and none of it on helicopters
and Coast Guard cutters or even so much as one cop at the scene of the
search. The governor's task force on missing Indian women was literally
nowhere to be found at the scene/search for a missing Indian woman.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<711599233.690493200.479002.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165392&group=rec.arts.tv#165392

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:46:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 19:46 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <593977512.690486319.875770.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> ALASKA DAILY S01E06
>> I still don't get what this show is going for, if it's satirical or what.
>> A cute blonde Texas girl on a cruise ship fell overboard while apparently
>> broadcasting a live movie selfie Which has millions of hits. She hasn't
>> been in the water long enough to freeze to death yet but the deadline is
>> coming up. So they've got a search going for her. And the Daily Alaskans
>> reaction is to say this is racist because they aren't searching for her as
>> hard as they did for some local woman of color who vanished a few days ago
>> with no clues.
>
> I liked that they didn't blame the disparity in treatment on the
> government. When Swank haughtily confronted the state treasurer over the
> impliedly racist difference in their response, she rightly dumped it
> right back into Swank's lap: "We doing more for the white girl because
> that's what you vultures in the media demand of us. You show up here in
> droves from around the nation when a white girl goes missing and you
> hold us accountable if we don't find her. You don't do that for natives.
> So why are you surprised when one gets funding and the other doesn't?"
>
> Loved it. And I was surprised the show actually went there.

Agreed. The problem is that swank didn’t listen, or at least didn’t learn,
and they went on with their witchhunt as though they didn’t realize that
already been proven wrong.

>> They're smearing the girl overboard because she has a misdemeanor
>> possession record in Texas.
>
> Well, no. They asked why minor criminal history like that is part of the
> state's BOLO's for the native women but then they say it's irrelevant
> for this Texas girl.
>
> It is a double standard and was a perfectly appropriate question to ask
> the governor's spokeshole.

But nobody put out a bolo on the white girl. She fell overboard! Why would
they be putting out information on her beyond “blonde overboard“?

>> The paper is mad at the governor for not spreading the news more about
>> missing local women. So he starts a task force which the paper is
>> completely unaware of because they don't actually do much research. So they
>> immediately investigate his task force and find out most of the money is
>> going to a local PR company they don't like although how the how many
>> choices could there be in Anchorage?
>
> It wasn't that they didn't like the company-- although the fact that it
> was owned by one of the governor's BFFs smacked of cronyism-- it was
> that all the money was being spent on PR and none of it on helicopters
> and Coast Guard cutters or even so much as one cop at the scene of the
> search.

Although they made a point of finding out the budget of the task force,
they never told us. The task force budget could be $500.

The governor's task force on missing Indian women was literally
> nowhere to be found at the scene/search for a missing Indian woman.

I’m not sure who was doing the searching. They said there were no cops
there. But then I couldn’t figure out why they were searching that area
anyway. But you would think once they found her bracelet somebody would
show up with cadaver dogs or something. Instead the newspaper people just
came home.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<511878888.690495985.119669.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165397&group=rec.arts.tv#165397

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 13:28:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 20:28 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/18/2022 6:13 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-11-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>

> I watched:
>

> Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
> the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
> what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
> the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
> worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
> accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
> "accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.

I saw this mentioned in an article about shows that re-created the TOS
bridge and was going to ask you what it was and if I should check it out
but you lost me at “Janeway”

Thanks anyway! :-)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<tl98st$322fi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165428&group=rec.arts.tv#165428

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:44:13 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 00:44 UTC

On 11/18/2022 12:28 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>

>> Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
>> the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
>> what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
>> the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
>> worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
>> accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
>> "accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.
>>

> I saw this mentioned in an article about shows that re-created the TOS
> bridge and was going to ask you what it was

That was the episode from last week. Basically a remake of "A Piece of
the Action" except the aliens are imitating the TOS crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYOCmDaCzk

and if I should check it out
> but you lost me at “Janeway”
>
> Thanks anyway! :-)

Janeway is basically the ship's AI. Technically she's a hologram
training program, but she's used as if she was the ship's AI. Then
there is also the real Janeway who is hunting them down because she
thinks the kids are space pirates or something.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<148369779.690533140.643975.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165463&group=rec.arts.tv#165463

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 23:46:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 06:46 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 11/18/2022 12:28 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
>>> the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
>>> what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
>>> the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
>>> worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
>>> accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
>>> "accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.
>>>

>> I saw this mentioned in an article about shows that re-created the TOS
>> bridge and was going to ask you what it was
>

> That was the episode from last week. Basically a remake of "A Piece of
> the Action" except the aliens are imitating the TOS crew.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYOCmDaCzk
>

> and if I should check it out
>> but you lost me at “Janeway”
>>
>> Thanks anyway! :-)
>>

> Janeway is basically the ship's AI. Technically she's a hologram
> training program, but she's used as if she was the ship's AI. Then
> there is also the real Janeway who is hunting them down because she
> thinks the kids are space pirates or something.

Thanks

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<tlfq42$3q2iv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165740&group=rec.arts.tv#165740

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

In article <tl8kbb$30cph$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
>the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
>what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
>the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
>worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
>accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
>"accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.

Their first mistake was not basing the ship's AI on someone competent instesd
of Captain Safeway.

>The Menu (theatrical) - New horror comedy starring Ralph Fiennes as a
>celebrity chef who invites an all star cast (including Anya Taylor-Joy,
>Nicholas Hoult, Judith Light, and John Leguizamo) to his restaurant on
>an isolated island for an expensive meal. But once all the guests
>arrive they quickly discover they weren't just invited for the food.
>You can more or less guess what's about to go down from the trailer, but
>since the trailers are intentionally vague I won't reveal what actually
>happens.

Yeah, it was obviously a rip-off of SQUID GAMES and THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<942416863.690749248.440588.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165777&group=rec.arts.tv#165777

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 11:51:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:51 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <tl8kbb$30cph$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>
>> Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
>> the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
>> what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
>> the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
>> worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
>> accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
>> "accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it up.
>
> Their first mistake was not basing the ship's AI on someone competent instesd
> of Captain Safeway.

Don’t forget, in the voyager finale Janeway murdered everyone in the
universe and the authorities in the reset reality probably don’t know what
a psychopath she was.

>> The Menu (theatrical) - New horror comedy starring Ralph Fiennes as a
>> celebrity chef who invites an all star cast (including Anya Taylor-Joy,
>> Nicholas Hoult, Judith Light, and John Leguizamo) to his restaurant on
>> an isolated island for an expensive meal. But once all the guests
>> arrive they quickly discover they weren't just invited for the food.
>> You can more or less guess what's about to go down from the trailer, but
>> since the trailers are intentionally vague I won't reveal what actually
>> happens.
>
> Yeah, it was obviously a rip-off of SQUID GAMES and THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<tlkvup$btcr$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165899&group=rec.arts.tv#165899

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 04:30:47 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>>> Star Trek: Prodigy (Paramount+) - "Crossroads" - Janeway catches up to
>>> the kids and Prodigy, but because of "plot" no one manages to explain
>>> what happened to her when given multiple chances. And now they are on
>>> the run again with Janeway chasing right behind. Then to make matters
>>> worse, thanks to a completely convoluted "plot" reason, the kids
>>> accidentally launch torpedoes at Janeway's ship. How do you
>>> "accidentally" launch a photon torpedo?!?!? The writers need to step it
>>> up.
>>
>> Their first mistake was not basing the ship's AI on someone competent
>> instesd of Captain Safeway.
>
> Don't forget, in the voyager finale Janeway murdered everyone in the
> universe and the authorities in the reset reality probably don't know
> what a psychopath she was.

Her ineptitude is how they got stranded in the Delta Quadrent in the first
place.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-11-17 (Thursday)

<879588725.690920060.635222.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165926&group=rec.arts.tv#165926

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:18:58 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 18:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Their first mistake was not basing the ship's AI on someone competent
>>> instesd of Captain Safeway.
>>
>> Don't forget, in the voyager finale Janeway murdered everyone in the
>> universe and the authorities in the reset reality probably don't know
>> what a psychopath she was.
>
> Her ineptitude is how they got stranded in the Delta Quadrent in the first
> place.

Yep. And how she killed her crew several times over.