You will have a long and boring life.

arts / alt.music.lyrics / Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

SubjectAuthor
* Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
+* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)General-Zod
|`- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)W.Dockery
+* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
|+- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)W.Dockery
|`* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
| `- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)General-Zod
+* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
|+* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)General-Zod
||`- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)W.Dockery
|`* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
| `* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
|  `- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)General-Zod
`* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
 `* Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)David Dalton
  `- Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)W.Dockery

1
Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156&group=alt.music.lyrics#156

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Subject: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 02:46:40 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 06:16 UTC

Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.

But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
to support the artist.

Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
https://www.jimfidler.com/ .

I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
check with him on the weekend and follow up
with the details.)

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"Cracklin' Rosie, make me a smile/Girl, if it lasts for an hour, that's

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<2f6c0f5d33ba5b3cde95080eee2b0f6b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158&group=alt.music.lyrics#158

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 20:58:47 +0000
Subject: Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 20:58 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.

> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> to support the artist.

> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .

> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> check with him on the weekend and follow up
> with the details.)

Good day and good find, D.D.

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2AFF391A0048A20B70000E43F38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159&group=alt.music.lyrics#159

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 00:52:50 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 04:22 UTC

On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):

Jim’s bio is at https://jimfidler.com/about-jim/ .

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night; You gave

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<2d8841e035f046c03d13ad3f2402bd11@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161&group=alt.music.lyrics#161

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:12:43 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:12 UTC

David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):

>> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
>> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
>> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
>> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>>
>> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
>> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
>> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
>> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
>> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
>> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
>> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
>> to support the artist.
>>
>> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
>> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
>> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
>> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>>
>> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
>> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
>> check with him on the weekend and follow up
>> with the details.)

> Jim’s bio is at https://jimfidler.com/about-jim/ .

Just found this, David, interesting listening.

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B0C834C00E351D770000511E38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162&group=alt.music.lyrics#162

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 02:48:52 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 06:18 UTC

On Nov 11, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AFF391A0048A20B70000E43F38F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> > producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> > album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> > and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
> >
> > But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> > has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> > some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> > with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> > free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> > it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> > that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> > to support the artist.
> >
> > Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> > his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> > repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> > https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
> >
> > I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> > consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> > check with him on the weekend and follow up
> > with the details.)
>
> Jim’s bio is at https://jimfidler.com/about-jim/ .

The virtual launch will be from 7--8:30 p.m. EST December 8,
or 8:30--10 p.m. Dec. 8 Newfoundland time, which is
midnight--1:30 a.m. Dec. 9 in UTC/GMT.

To get a ticket to the virtual launch visit https://jimfidler.com/ .
Tickets are CAN$30 (US$21.86, 19.95 euro, 17.45 pound)
and include access to the live stream concert, plus a signed CD
including tax and delivery (and the CD includes a lyric
booklet with some amazing graphics by Lillian Fidler).

The launch will include sets from Jim Fidler and
guests Lindsay Ferguson, Rory Hoffman, and Terry Kelly.

Jim Fidler is a musician and producer from Newfoundland, who has had a
remarkable musical journey. Jim’s career includes successful ventures like
pioneering Newfoundland’s first reggae group, Pressure Drop, and releasing
acclaimed albums like “Gypsy.” He became the first solo Newfoundland
artist to sign a European record deal. Jim’s versatility shines through
albums like “Friendly Fire” and “Midnight Rover,” blending diverse
musical influences. He also aimed to promote world peace through
cross-cultural collaborations on “Musaik, In This World”. His latest
album, “RPM, Volume II, Ten Years Later,” is set to be released on
December 8th 2023, continuing to showcase his innovative musical spirit.

Lindsay Ferguson will be joining us from her home in Switzerland. She is a
critically acclaimed Canadian singer and song writer, and an international
touring artist who’s music is regularly featured on various Canadian and
European Radio stations. Influenced as a young woman by the likes of Joni
Mitchell, Cyndi Lauper and Tracy Chapman and later in life; José Gonazalez,
Kate Bush and Gord Downie, she has come into her own style of music with a
mix of folk meets pops meets country. Compared to Adele, Lucinda Williams and
Jason Mraz, she has a unique sound which resonates deeply, creating a
profound connectedness to the listener.

Rory Hoffman is a Nashville based multi-instrumentalist. Raised on a small
ranch in North Dakota, Rory grew up recording and touring with the family
Gospel band. He started teaching himself to play guitar and piano at age 3.
By age 5 he was the drummer in the family band. He currently plays over a
dozen stringed, keyboard and wind instruments. Rory has played sax on many of
Jim's recordings including the new single 'Peace of Mind’

Terry Kelly’s enthusiasm for life and sheer determination have gained him
international recognition as an accomplished athlete; an award-winning
singer, songwriter, and entertainer; a professional speaker; and a lover of
life. As a musician this Newfoundland native has released seven full-length
recordings, resulting in seven East Coast Music Awards and nominations for
four Canadian Country Music Awards and a JUNO. Terry has shared the stage
with Symphony Orchestras, and has performed his original music in Europe,
Australia, New Zealand, and for the troops in Afghanistan. He is most
recognized for his inspirational song, “A Pittance of Time”.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<4ee1f2fc262ced9b954762472a4ed286@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=163&group=alt.music.lyrics#163

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:51:20 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:51 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> [...]

> By age 5 he was the drummer in the family band. He currently plays over a
> dozen stringed, keyboard and wind instruments. Rory has played sax on many of
> Jim's recordings including the new single 'Peace of Mind’

> Terry Kelly’s enthusiasm for life and sheer determination have gained him
> international recognition as an accomplished athlete; an award-winning
> singer, songwriter, and entertainer; a professional speaker; and a lover of
> life. As a musician this Newfoundland native has released seven full-length
> recordings, resulting in seven East Coast Music Awards and nominations for
> four Canadian Country Music Awards and a JUNO. Terry has shared the stage
> with Symphony Orchestras, and has performed his original music in Europe,
> Australia, New Zealand, and for the troops in Afghanistan. He is most
> recognized for his inspirational song, “A Pittance of Time”.

Good update... I thank you Dr. D.

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B0F14C10062543870000DBD938F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164&group=alt.music.lyrics#164

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 01:34:01 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 05:04 UTC

On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>
> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> to support the artist.
>
> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>
> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> check with him on the weekend and follow up
> with the details.)

I emailed Jim and asked him whether the lyrics were
a stream of consciousness “gift from the ether” as
many of his songs are, and he replied:

----------------------------
Peace of Mind was actually co-written with [his wife] Lillian.

It's a rare exception in that I think that song contains some of my best
lyrics, ever.

Usually, the best stuff was sent to me, but in this case, it was
actually very mindfully written; with Lillian's help, of course...

Plans for the launch are going very well, by the way. It's going to be
a very special event.

We hope we get a good turn-out.

Please spread the word, as best as you can...
-----------------------------

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<68c91bb8ce8600122e3ab9bebb440670@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165&group=alt.music.lyrics#165

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:12:08 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:12 UTC

David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
>> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
>> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
>> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
>> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>>
>> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
>> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
>> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
>> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
>> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
>> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
>> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
>> to support the artist.
>>
>> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
>> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
>> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
>> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>>
>> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
>> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
>> check with him on the weekend and follow up
>> with the details.)

> I emailed Jim and asked him whether the lyrics were
> a stream of consciousness “gift from the ether” as
> many of his songs are, and he replied:

> ----------------------------
> Peace of Mind was actually co-written with [his wife] Lillian.

> It's a rare exception in that I think that song contains some of my best
> lyrics, ever.

> Usually, the best stuff was sent to me, but in this case, it was
> actually very mindfully written; with Lillian's help, of course...

> Plans for the launch are going very well, by the way. It's going to be
> a very special event.

> We hope we get a good turn-out.

> Please spread the word, as best as you can...
> -----------------------------

Again... of interest.... thanks for sharing....

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<f93dc2c3935f647811604da0eeb29113@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166&group=alt.music.lyrics#166

Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:34:22 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:34 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote
>> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>>
>>> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
>>> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
>>> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
>>> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>>>
>>> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
>>> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
>>> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
>>> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
>>> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
>>> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
>>> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
>>> to support the artist.
>>>
>>> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
>>> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
>>> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
>>> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>>>
>>> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
>>> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
>>> check with him on the weekend and follow up
>>> with the details.)

>> I emailed Jim and asked him whether the lyrics were
>> a stream of consciousness “gift from the ether” as
>> many of his songs are, and he replied:

>> ----------------------------
>> Peace of Mind was actually co-written with [his wife] Lillian.

>> It's a rare exception in that I think that song contains some of my best
>> lyrics, ever.

>> Usually, the best stuff was sent to me, but in this case, it was
>> actually very mindfully written; with Lillian's help, of course...

>> Plans for the launch are going very well, by the way. It's going to be
>> a very special event.

>> We hope we get a good turn-out.

>> Please spread the word, as best as you can...
>> -----------------------------

> Again... of interest.... thanks for sharing....

Agreed.

:)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<78f4c40125df4cb0ea77a6c9924cbdaf@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167&group=alt.music.lyrics#167

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:22:59 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:22 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:
>>
>> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
>> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
>> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
>> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.

>> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
>> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
>> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
>> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
>> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
>> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
>> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
>> to support the artist.

>> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
>> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
>> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
>> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .

>> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
>> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
>> check with him on the weekend and follow up
>> with the details.)

> Good day and good find, D.D.

Agreed.

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B1AE7B3006CDFB370000BFAD38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168&group=alt.music.lyrics#168

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 00:48:59 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 04:18 UTC

On Nov 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B0F14C10062543870000DBD938F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> > producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> > album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> > and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
> >
> > But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> > has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> > some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> > with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> > free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> > it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> > that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> > to support the artist.
> >
> > Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> > his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> > repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> > https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
> >
> > I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> > consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> > check with him on the weekend and follow up
> > with the details.)
>
> I emailed Jim and asked him whether the lyrics were
> a stream of consciousness “gift from the ether” as
> many of his songs are, and he replied:
>
> ----------------------------
> Peace of Mind was actually co-written with [his wife] Lillian.
>
> It's a rare exception in that I think that song contains some of my best
> lyrics, ever.
>
> Usually, the best stuff was sent to me, but in this case, it was
> actually very mindfully written; with Lillian's help, of course...
>
> Plans for the launch are going very well, by the way. It's going to be
> a very special event.
>
> We hope we get a good turn-out.
>
> Please spread the word, as best as you can...
> -----------------------------

I spoke with Jim and Lillian Fidler briefly tonight on Zello
and they said the virtual launch is shaping up to be a
very special event. If you are planning on attending it,
I suggest that you get your tickets as soon as possible,
preferably by December 6, to give them time to send
out the link for the livestream. However tickets won’t
go up in price after December 6. Again they are
available on https://jimfidler.com/ .

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B2130A200346588700008A0538F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169&group=alt.music.lyrics#169

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 19:13:46 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 22:43 UTC

On Dec 2, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B1AE7B3006CDFB370000BFAD38F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Nov 23, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2B0F14C10062543870000DBD938F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>)
> > :
> >
> > > Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> > > producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> > > album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> > > and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
> > >
> > > But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> > > has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> > > some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> > > with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> > > free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> > > it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> > > that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> > > to support the artist.
> > >
> > > Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> > > his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> > > repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> > > https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
> > >
> > > I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> > > consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> > > check with him on the weekend and follow up
> > > with the details.)
> >
> > I emailed Jim and asked him whether the lyrics were
> > a stream of consciousness “gift from the ether” as
> > many of his songs are, and he replied:
> >
> > ----------------------------
> > Peace of Mind was actually co-written with [his wife] Lillian.
> >
> > It's a rare exception in that I think that song contains some of my best
> > lyrics, ever.
> >
> > Usually, the best stuff was sent to me, but in this case, it was
> > actually very mindfully written; with Lillian's help, of course...
> >
> > Plans for the launch are going very well, by the way. It's going to be
> > a very special event.
> >
> > We hope we get a good turn-out.
> >
> > Please spread the word, as best as you can...
> > -----------------------------
>
> I spoke with Jim and Lillian Fidler briefly tonight on Zello
> and they said the virtual launch is shaping up to be a
> very special event. If you are planning on attending it,
> I suggest that you get your tickets as soon as possible,
> preferably by December 6, to give them time to send
> out the link for the livestream. However tickets won’t
> go up in price after December 6. Again they are
> available on https://jimfidler.com/ .

I was wrong. Tickets will go up to CAN$40 as of Friday morning, to
encourage people to get them before then, so that Lillian Fidler won’t
have too much last minute work.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<ab03801af1c75f7eb4df10be01c73579@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=170&group=alt.music.lyrics#170

Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 02:22:35 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 02:22 UTC

Cool

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B411AED005CE34670000ED5138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171&group=alt.music.lyrics#171

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 00:13:41 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:43 UTC

On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>
> But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> to support the artist.
>
> Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>
> I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> check with him on the weekend and follow up
> with the details.)

For a short time the video of Jim Fidler's virtual launch is
available for free at

https://www.youtube.com/live/c7NVxdiBxCw?si=SD2TqRCXATn1Q-SG

It is about two hours long.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<0001HW.2B4130670061EC0170000ED5138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=172&group=alt.music.lyrics#172

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics, rec.music.makers.songwriting
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 01:45:19 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 05:15 UTC

On Dec 31, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B411AED005CE34670000ED5138F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Nov 9, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
> > Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
> > producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
> > album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
> > and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
> >
> > But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
> > has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
> > some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
> > with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
> > free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
> > it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
> > that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
> > to support the artist.
> >
> > Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
> > his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
> > repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
> > https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
> >
> > I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
> > consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
> > check with him on the weekend and follow up
> > with the details.)
>
> For a short time the video of Jim Fidler's virtual launch is
> available for free at
>
> https://www.youtube.com/live/c7NVxdiBxCw?si=SD2TqRCXATn1Q-SG
>
> It is about two hours long.

But if you have little time, the first five minutes are an album
tour, and if you like it you could buy a digital or physical CD
from https://jimfidler.com/store .

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Peace of Mind (Jim Fidler)

<ffaf4458d6f9264a7e3dc4906efc6d04@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=173&group=alt.music.lyrics#173

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:27:59 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments, rec.arts.poems, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:27 UTC

On Dec 31, 2023, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2B411AED005CE34670000ED5138F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>> (in article<0001HW.2AFCB0C800425DB87000055E238F@news.eternal-september.org>):
>>
>> > Newfoundland singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and
>> > producer Jim Fidler is set to release his new rock concept
>> > album on December 8. I will post a review of the album
>> > and details on the virtual launch a little closer to the date.
>> >
>> > But for now, the first single off the album, Peace of Mind,
>> > has just been released. It is a tapestry of sound, including
>> > some stellar sax work from guest Rory Hoffman, and
>> > with thought-provoking lyrics. It can be streamed for
>> > free at https://jimfidler.com/new-single/ but if you like
>> > it I recommend you buy it directly from the bottom of
>> > that website for CAN$0.99 (US$0.72, 0.67 Euro, 0.58 pound)
>> > to support the artist.
>> >
>> > Since it is a rock concept album, it is a departure from
>> > his earlier reggae, celtic folk, and world music
>> > repertoire. Much of that early material is also available at
>> > https://www.jimfidler.com/ .
>> >
>> > I’m not sure if he recorded the lyrics in a stream of
>> > consciousness live or not, but I think he did. (I’ll
>> > check with him on the weekend and follow up
>> > with the details.)
>>
>> For a short time the video of Jim Fidler's virtual launch is
>> available for free at
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/live/c7NVxdiBxCw?si=SD2TqRCXATn1Q-SG
>>
>> It is about two hours long.

> But if you have little time, the first five minutes are an album
> tour, and if you like it you could buy a digital or physical CD
> from https://jimfidler.com/store .

Thanks again for the update.