From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: `Screwed Up Head Case': Joy Reid Attacks Thanksgiving, Gets Slammed - Calls Thanksgiving "a simplistic fairytale interpretation ... that erases the genocide that followed"
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 10:33:15 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 15:33 UTC

On the eve of Thanksgiving, MSNBC�s Joy Reid went on a tirade against the
cherished holiday in which she called it a holiday that erases the �genocide�
committed by white Americans.

The comments came in a segment of Reid�s show �The Reidout� that focused in
on two recent mass shootings. One of the shootings involved a self-described
�non-binary� individual who allegedly attacked a gay nightclub in Colorado
Springs, Colorado, leaving five people dead. In the other, a black man
allegedly murdered six co-workers, including a 16-year-old boy, at a Walmart
in Chesapeake, Virginia.

�For millions of Americans it�s a cherished tradition. And as Americans we
certainly value those traditions,� Reid said of Thanksgiving.

�But it�s also important to unpack the myth of Thanksgiving. It is a holiday
riddled with inaccuracies, built on this myth that the indigenous welcomed
their colonizers with open arms and ears of corn; a simplistic fairytale
interpretation of a 1621 encounter between indigenous tribes and English
settlers that erases the genocide that followed,� she added.

Reid then accused Republicans of conspiratorially erasing American violence.

�It�s the truth that Republicans want banned from our textbooks, because
here�s the secret they want so desperately to keep: We are a country founded
on violence,� she said.

The she claimed that �we are a country that still chooses violence.�

�Our birth was violent. In 1619, a ship with more than 20 enslaved Africans
landed in Virginia ushering in two centuries of American slavery that left
millions in chains or dead. And when those humans in bondage were finally
free, a terrorist organization that was a card-carrying member of polite
society � the Ku Klux Klan �picked up where the Civil War ended using
violence to maintain white supremacy,� she claimed.

Conservatives took Reid to task:

Joy Reid, screwed up head case who�s hate for our fabulous country
knows no limitshttps://t.co/6DOIk3fV0m
� Mark R. Levin (@marklevinshow) November 24, 2022

Joy Reid smears America's history on the eve of Thanksgiving: "We
are a country founded on violence. Our birth was violent. In 1619,
a ship with more than 20 enslaved Africans landed in Virginia,
ushering in two centuries of American slavery that left millions in
chains or dead." pic.twitter.com/jMdKOrp8bT
� Kevin Tober (@KevinTober94) November 24, 2022

This is a woman who can't deal with how many Americans can't afford
to buy a turkey this year so she attacks the entire holiday.

She must be a miserable guest on Thanksgiving!

Joy Reid calls out 'the myth' of Thanksgiving
https://t.co/aqK3dZF568 #FoxNews
� Stacy Washington (@StacyOnTheRight) November 24, 2022

Reid has long expressed her dislike for Republicans on her MSNBC show and on
Twitter. In April 2022, she went on a Twitter tirade in which she again
targeted Republicans, writing, �I genuinely fear that before long, America
will look a lot more like Russia or Hungary or even Afghanistan than any one
of y�all can imagine. Because Republicans are aggressive in their pursuit of
social and political control, while just about everyone else is pretty
disengaged.�

I genuinely fear that before long, America will look a lot more like
Russia or Hungary or even Afghanistan than any one of y'all can
imagine. Because Republicans are aggressive in their pursuit of
social and political control, while just about everyone else is
pretty disengaged.

� Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid ?? (@JoyAnnReid) April 6, 2022

She continued, �And it�s what they hope to impose on us: unbreakable rule by
far right Christian ideologues, coal & oil polluters, heeled corporations &
the super rich. With all rights hoarded by white Christian men & everyone
else under firm control.�

It's Putinite fascism mixed with Talibanism. And it's what they hope
to impose on us: unbreakable rule by far right Christian ideologues,
coal & oil polluters, heeled corporations & the super rich. With all
rights hoarded by white Christian men & everyone else under firm
control. pic.twitter.com/Jtwcsio9Gm

� Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid ?? (@JoyAnnReid) April 6, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: `Screwed Up Head Case': Joy Reid Attacks Thanksgiving, Gets Slammed - Calls Thanksgiving "a simplistic fairytale interpretation ... that erases the genocide that followed"

<atropos-965D13.09202624112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166046&group=rec.arts.tv#166046

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 09:20:26 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 17:20 UTC

In article <tlo2vj$m43v$5@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> "For millions of Americans it's a cherished tradition. And as Americans we
> certainly value those traditions," Joy Reid said of Thanksgiving.
>
> "But it's also important to unpack the myth of Thanksgiving. It is a holiday
> riddled with inaccuracies, built on this myth that the indigenous welcomed
> their colonizers with open arms and ears of corn; a simplistic fairytale
> interpretation of a 1621 encounter between indigenous tribes and English

> "Our birth was violent. In 1619, a ship with more than 20 enslaved Africans
> landed in Virginia ushering in two centuries of American slavery that left
> millions in chains or dead. And when those humans in bondage were finally
> free, a terrorist organization that was a card-carrying member of polite
> society-- the Ku Klux Klan-- picked up where the Civil War ended using
> violence to maintain white supremacy," she claimed.

Homophobic bigot says what?

Re: `Screwed Up Head Case': Joy Reid Attacks Thanksgiving, Gets Slammed - Calls Thanksgiving "a simplistic fairytale interpretation ... that erases the genocide that followed"

<tlp2cp$120k$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166082&group=rec.arts.tv#166082

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: `Screwed Up Head Case': Joy Reid Attacks Thanksgiving, Gets
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 18:31:16 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 00:31 UTC

On 11/24/22 11:20 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tlo2vj$m43v$5@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> "For millions of Americans it's a cherished tradition. And as Americans we
>> certainly value those traditions," Joy Reid said of Thanksgiving.
>>
>> "But it's also important to unpack the myth of Thanksgiving. It is a holiday
>> riddled with inaccuracies, built on this myth that the indigenous welcomed
>> their colonizers with open arms and ears of corn; a simplistic fairytale
>> interpretation of a 1621 encounter between indigenous tribes and English
>
>> "Our birth was violent. In 1619, a ship with more than 20 enslaved Africans
>> landed in Virginia ushering in two centuries of American slavery that left
>> millions in chains or dead. And when those humans in bondage were finally
>> free, a terrorist organization that was a card-carrying member of polite
>> society-- the Ku Klux Klan-- picked up where the Civil War ended using
>> violence to maintain white supremacy," she claimed.
>
> Homophobic bigot says what?

I think Pubie was quoting something.

Re: `Screwed Up Head Case': Joy Reid Attacks Thanksgiving, Gets Slammed - Calls Thanksgiving "a simplistic fairytale interpretation ... that erases the genocide that followed"

<D4GdnZh0v7MEWB3-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166133&group=rec.arts.tv#166133

Followup: rec.arts.sf.tv
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Followup-to: rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

gmsingh@email.com wrote:
> On 11/24/22 11:20 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> "For millions of Americans it's a cherished tradition. And as Americans we
>>> certainly value those traditions," Joy Reid said of Thanksgiving.
>>>
>>> "But it's also important to unpack the myth of Thanksgiving. It is a holiday
>>> riddled with inaccuracies, built on this myth that the indigenous welcomed
>>> their colonizers with open arms and ears of corn; a simplistic fairytale
>>> interpretation of a 1621 encounter between indigenous tribes and English
>>
>>> "Our birth was violent. In 1619, a ship with more than 20 enslaved Africans
>>> landed in Virginia ushering in two centuries of American slavery that left
>>> millions in chains or dead. And when those humans in bondage were finally
>>> free, a terrorist organization that was a card-carrying member of polite
>>> society-- the Ku Klux Klan-- picked up where the Civil War ended using
>>> violence to maintain white supremacy," she claimed.
>>
>> Homophobic bigot says what?
>
>I think Pubie was quoting something.

Hello, homophobic bigot!

--