From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: iPhones truly are made at factories with underpaid labor after all
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:48:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:48 UTC

This time, it's true. Foxconn, the major Chinese contractor making iPhones and
other consumer electronic devices, advertised for workers to come to
Zhengzhou to assemble the iPhone 14. As workers quit other jobs to come
to the Foxconn factory, they learned that the pay advertised was not
what they'd get paid in reality.

Foxconn lied.

Police are beating protestors.

Video of the incident was posted on line where the world can see.

Protesting workers beaten at Chinese iPhone factory
By JOE McDONALD and ZEN SOO
AP
11/23/2022
https://apnews.com/article/technology-health-social-media-covid-apple-inc-de96ca707008f1ae48820ed573c56865

Re: iPhones truly are made at factories with underpaid labor after all

<atropos-92600A.10264723112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165927&group=rec.arts.tv#165927

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 10:26:47 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 18:26 UTC

In article <tllme7$dpjg$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> This time, it's true. Foxconn, the major Chinese contractor making iPhones
> and
> other consumer electronic devices, advertised for workers to come to
> Zhengzhou to assemble the iPhone 14. As workers quit other jobs to come
> to the Foxconn factory, they learned that the pay advertised was not
> what they'd get paid in reality.
>
> Foxconn lied.
>
> Police are beating protestors.
>
> Video of the incident was posted on line where the world can see.
>
> Protesting workers beaten at Chinese iPhone factory

Okay, but this better not mean I have to wait for my new mePhone.

I want it now!

Re: iPhones truly are made at factories with underpaid labor after all

<ec6vnhtn5t6r3gm513cif9dij9f2f85194@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166036&group=rec.arts.tv#166036

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 11:20:27 -0500
 by: NoBody - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:20 UTC

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:48:55 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>This time, it's true. Foxconn, the major Chinese contractor making iPhones and
>other consumer electronic devices, advertised for workers to come to
>Zhengzhou to assemble the iPhone 14. As workers quit other jobs to come
>to the Foxconn factory, they learned that the pay advertised was not
>what they'd get paid in reality.
>
>Foxconn lied.
>
>Police are beating protestors.
>
>Video of the incident was posted on line where the world can see.
>
>Protesting workers beaten at Chinese iPhone factory
>By JOE McDONALD and ZEN SOO
>AP
>11/23/2022
>https://apnews.com/article/technology-health-social-media-covid-apple-inc-de96ca707008f1ae48820ed573c56865

And Americans happily buy these status status symbols while decrying
taking advantage of the poor countries. EV batteries are the same
issue.