Man who arrives at party two hours late will find he has been beaten to the punch.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Pluted Pup
+- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Your Name
+* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?A Friend
|`* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Kerr-Mudd, John
| +* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?A Friend
| |+* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Kerr-Mudd, John
| ||+* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Your Name
| ||`* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat
| || `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?shawn
| ||  +* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Rhino
| ||  |+- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?shawn
| ||  |`- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat
| ||  `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat
| ||   `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?shawn
| ||    `- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat
| |`* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?anim8rfsk
| | +* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?suzeeq
| | |+* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Your Name
| | |`* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Adam H. Kerman
| | | `- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?suzeeq
| | `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Michael Trew
| |  +* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?A Friend
| |  |+- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?suzeeq
| |  |`* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?Michael Trew
| |  | `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?anim8rfsk
| |  |  `- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?suzeeq
| |  `- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?anim8rfsk
| `* Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat
|  `- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?anim8rfsk
`- Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?The Horny Goat

Pages:12
Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<0001HW.292EBECA01043C8230738A38F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165941&group=rec.arts.tv#165941

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:49:14 -0800
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?
Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams, rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 20:49 UTC

On Mon, 02 May 2022 16:43:16 -0700, Bob wrote:

> On Quora I've already busted the claim that a certain "Leave It to Beaver" episode had the first appearance (in 1957) on American TV of any part of a toilet. The claim seems never to have been made before the time DVD sales of the series were beginning, and I think they just made up a story of its being held up, so as to boost publicity. The episode air dates and production numbers SEEM to back up the story, until you note the others and see that MANY of them first aired out of production order. Anyway, TV commercials for at least a decade had been showing toilets quite conspicuously, so the claim that network standards and practices had an objection doesn't seem apt. However, someone on Quora suggested standards may have been lower for commercials, which I strongly doubt.
>
> So what I'm looking for is any examples of toilets from American TV PROGRAMS in 1957 or earlier.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlm1g5$162t$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165942&group=rec.arts.tv#165942

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 09:57:41 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 20:57 UTC

On 2022-11-23 20:49:14 +0000, Pluted Pup said:
> On Mon, 02 May 2022 16:43:16 -0700, Bob wrote:
>>
>> On Quora I've already busted the claim that a certain "Leave It to
>> Beaver" episode had the first appearance (in 1957) on American TV of
>> any part of a toilet. The claim seems never to have been made before
>> the time DVD sales of the series were beginning, and I think they just
>> made up a story of its being held up, so as to boost publicity. The
>> episode air dates and production numbers SEEM to back up the story,
>> until you note the others and see that MANY of them first aired out of
>> production order. Anyway, TV commercials for at least a decade had been
>> showing toilets quite conspicuously, so the claim that network
>> standards and practices had an objection doesn't seem apt. However,
>> someone on Quora suggested standards may have been lower for
>> commercials, which I strongly doubt.
>>
>> So what I'm looking for is any examples of toilets from American TV
>> PROGRAMS in 1957 or earlier.
>
> I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
> It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
> DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.

I looked in my Guiness Book of TV Facts and Figues (printed in 1984),
but there's no mention of when toilets or bathrooms first appeared on
screens.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<231120221625094306%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165945&group=rec.arts.tv#165945

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:25:09 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 21:25 UTC

In article <0001HW.292EBECA01043C8230738A38F@news.giganews.com>, Pluted
Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 May 2022 16:43:16 -0700, Bob wrote:
>
> > On Quora I've already busted the claim that a certain "Leave It to Beaver"
> > episode had the first appearance (in 1957) on American TV of any part of a
> > toilet. The claim seems never to have been made before the time DVD sales
> > of the series were beginning, and I think they just made up a story of its
> > being held up, so as to boost publicity. The episode air dates and
> > production numbers SEEM to back up the story, until you note the others and
> > see that MANY of them first aired out of production order. Anyway, TV
> > commercials for at least a decade had been showing toilets quite
> > conspicuously, so the claim that network standards and practices had an
> > objection doesn't seem apt. However, someone on Quora suggested standards
> > may have been lower for commercials, which I strongly doubt.
> >
> > So what I'm looking for is any examples of toilets from American TV
> > PROGRAMS in 1957 or earlier.
>
> I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
> It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
> DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.

Leave It to Beaver had Beaver hiding his pet alligator in the toilet
tank in the boys' bathroom; I'm not sure if they ever showed the bowl.
I don't know why this was controversial, but there you are.

We were two adults and five kids in a cramped four-room apartment, so
AFAIWC the Cleavers lived in frickin' paradise. If memory serves, All
in the Family was the first to depict a toilet just having been used
(i.e., there's the sound of a flush, and then Archie comes downstairs,
with hilarity ensuing).

One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
there are two and a half baths.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166006&group=rec.arts.tv#166006

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:42:55 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:42 UTC

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:25:09 -0500
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <0001HW.292EBECA01043C8230738A38F@news.giganews.com>, Pluted
> Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 02 May 2022 16:43:16 -0700, Bob wrote:
> >
> > > On Quora I've already busted the claim that a certain "Leave It to Beaver"
> > > episode had the first appearance (in 1957) on American TV of any part of a
> > > toilet. The claim seems never to have been made before the time DVD sales
> > > of the series were beginning, and I think they just made up a story of its
> > > being held up, so as to boost publicity. The episode air dates and
> > > production numbers SEEM to back up the story, until you note the others and
> > > see that MANY of them first aired out of production order. Anyway, TV
> > > commercials for at least a decade had been showing toilets quite
> > > conspicuously, so the claim that network standards and practices had an
> > > objection doesn't seem apt. However, someone on Quora suggested standards
> > > may have been lower for commercials, which I strongly doubt.
> > >
> > > So what I'm looking for is any examples of toilets from American TV
> > > PROGRAMS in 1957 or earlier.
> >
> > I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
> > It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
> > DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.
>

> Leave It to Beaver had Beaver hiding his pet alligator in the toilet
> tank in the boys' bathroom; I'm not sure if they ever showed the bowl.
> I don't know why this was controversial, but there you are.
>
> We were two adults and five kids in a cramped four-room apartment, so
> AFAIWC the Cleavers lived in frickin' paradise. If memory serves, All
> in the Family was the first to depict a toilet just having been used
> (i.e., there's the sound of a flush, and then Archie comes downstairs,
> with hilarity ensuing).
>
> One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
> there are two and a half baths.

You can't have much of a bath in half a bath.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<241120221351442254%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166058&group=rec.arts.tv#166058

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:51:44 -0500
 by: A Friend - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 18:51 UTC

In article <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>,
Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:25:09 -0500
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <0001HW.292EBECA01043C8230738A38F@news.giganews.com>, Pluted
> > Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com> wrote:

> > > I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
> > > It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
> > > DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.
> >

> > Leave It to Beaver had Beaver hiding his pet alligator in the toilet
> > tank in the boys' bathroom; I'm not sure if they ever showed the bowl.
> > I don't know why this was controversial, but there you are.
> >
> > We were two adults and five kids in a cramped four-room apartment, so
> > AFAIWC the Cleavers lived in frickin' paradise. If memory serves, All
> > in the Family was the first to depict a toilet just having been used
> > (i.e., there's the sound of a flush, and then Archie comes downstairs,
> > with hilarity ensuing).
> >
> > One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
> > there are two and a half baths.

I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
a shower.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<20221124193014.b639e03ed28c2fa5f1511e09@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166059&group=rec.arts.tv#166059

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:30:14 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:30 UTC

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:51:44 -0500
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>,
> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:25:09 -0500
> > A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> > > Leave It to Beaver had Beaver hiding his pet alligator in the toilet
> > > tank in the boys' bathroom; I'm not sure if they ever showed the bowl.
> > > I don't know why this was controversial, but there you are.
> > >
> > > We were two adults and five kids in a cramped four-room apartment, so
> > > AFAIWC the Cleavers lived in frickin' paradise. If memory serves, All
> > > in the Family was the first to depict a toilet just having been used
> > > (i.e., there's the sound of a flush, and then Archie comes downstairs,
> > > with hilarity ensuing).
> > >
> > > One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
> > > there are two and a half baths.
>

> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
> a shower.

I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.

Half a bath would lose water.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlorsd$nq9$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166075&group=rec.arts.tv#166075

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:40:13 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:40 UTC

On 2022-11-24 19:30:14 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:51:44 -0500
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>,
>> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
>> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
>> a shower.
>
> I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
> us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
> historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
> with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.
>
> Half a bath would lose water.

Not if it's a half-size bath or half-height. A smaller one maybe good
for kids. You could even have a quarter-bath for toddlers, and an
eighth-bath for babies. ;-)

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlovuj$ohoi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166076&group=rec.arts.tv#166076

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 15:49:42 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 23:49 UTC

On 11/24/2022 2:40 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-11-24 19:30:14 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:51:44 -0500
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
>>> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
>>> a shower.
>>
>> I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a
>> bathroom to
>> us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
>> historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
>> with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.
>>
>> Half a bath would lose water.
>
> Not if it's a half-size bath or half-height. A smaller one maybe good
> for kids. You could even have a quarter-bath for toddlers, and an
> eighth-bath for babies.  ;-)

I believe that last is called a "sink". ;-)

dirty old man.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<1136797143.691013589.028265.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166077&group=rec.arts.tv#166077

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.cecil-adams
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 17:14:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 00:14 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>,
> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:25:09 -0500
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Leave It to Beaver had Beaver hiding his pet alligator in the toilet
>>> tank in the boys' bathroom; I'm not sure if they ever showed the bowl.
>>> I don't know why this was controversial, but there you are.
>>>
>>> We were two adults and five kids in a cramped four-room apartment, so
>>> AFAIWC the Cleavers lived in frickin' paradise. If memory serves, All
>>> in the Family was the first to depict a toilet just having been used
>>> (i.e., there's the sound of a flush, and then Archie comes downstairs,
>>> with hilarity ensuing).
>>>
>>> One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
>>> there are two and a half baths.
>

> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
> a shower.

Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath. That’s how
contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlp48g$1lta$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166091&group=rec.arts.tv#166091

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 14:03:12 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 01:03 UTC

On 2022-11-24 23:49:42 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 11/24/2022 2:40 PM, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2022-11-24 19:30:14 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:

>>> I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
>>> us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
>>> historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
>>> with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.
>>>
>>> Half a bath would lose water.
>>
>> Not if it's a half-size bath or half-height. A smaller one maybe good
>> for kids. You could even have a quarter-bath for toddlers, and an
>> eighth-bath for babies.  ;-)
>
> I believe that last is called a "sink". ;-)

Although that was a joke, many people do use a sink to bath a baby, but
it is not really a good place to wash a baby. For a start the taps can
get in the way, the plug can be accidentally knocked out, etc. It's
best to use a proper separate basin / "baby bath" on a stable flat
surface (preferrably the floor, then there's far less distance for the
baby to fall *when* you accidently drop the wriggly, wet infant). :-)

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlpm8r$18sg6$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166107&group=rec.arts.tv#166107

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:10:35 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 06:10 UTC

On 11/24/2022 4:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1>,
>> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
>> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
>> a shower.
>>

> Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
> shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath. That’s how
> contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
> bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.

Actuall they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a tub,
a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
bathrooms or 4 piece.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlpnbe$vbd$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166109&group=rec.arts.tv#166109

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 19:29:03 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 06:29 UTC

On 2022-11-25 06:10:35 +0000, suzeeq said:
> On 11/24/2022 4:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
>>> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
>>> a shower.
>>
>> Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
>> shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath. That’s how
>> contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
>> bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.
>
> Actuall they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a
> tub, a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
> bathrooms or 4 piece.

If the petrol station 2 miles down the road has public toilet, then the
greedy, lying realtors will include that as the house's bathroom ...
anything to make a sale and get their commission. X-(

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlpqrm$tkan$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166110&group=rec.arts.tv#166110

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 23:28:57 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 07:28 UTC

On 11/24/2022 10:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-11-25 06:10:35 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
>>> shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath.
>>> That’s how
>>> contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
>>> bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.
>>
>> Actuall they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a
>> tub, a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
>> bathrooms or 4 piece.
>
> If the petrol station 2 miles down the road has public toilet, then the
> greedy, lying realtors will include that as the house's bathroom ...
> anything to make a sale and get their commission.   X-(

Sounds like a good reason to show up and walk around inside it before
you buy it.

dirty old man.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlq046$u8gu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166112&group=rec.arts.tv#166112

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 08:58:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 08:58 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 11/24/2022 4:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with the term that a
>>> half-bath is a bathroom with a toilet and a sink, but without a tub or
>>> a shower.
>>>

>> Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
>> shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath. That’s how
>> contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
>> bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.
>>
>Actuall they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a tub,
>a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
>bathrooms or 4 piece.

Shower stall but no tub is a 3/4 bathroom. No idea what they call it if
there's a shower stall plus a separate tub.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<657472097.691077085.572517.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166139&group=rec.arts.tv#166139

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 06:57:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 13:57 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 11/24/2022 10:29 PM, Your Name wrote:

>>> Actuall they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a
>>> tub, a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
>>> bathrooms or 4 piece.

That just couldn’t be more wrong. A full bath has all four components. If
you have a shower without a bath or a bath without a shower that’s a 3/4
bathroom.

>> If the petrol station 2 miles down the road has public toilet, then the
>> greedy, lying realtors will include that as the house's bathroom ...
>> anything to make a sale and get their commission.   X-(

So why were you defending them in your previous paragraph?

> Sounds like a good reason to show up and walk around inside it before
> you buy it.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlqo61$19dm5$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166144&group=rec.arts.tv#166144

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 07:49:22 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 15:49 UTC

On 11/25/2022 12:58 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Not exactly. There are four components to a bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub,
>>> shower. Any combination of two of those would be a half bath. That’s how
>>> contractors count. Realtors often just count any bathroom as a whole
>>> bathroom even if all it has in it is a sink because realtors cheat.
>>>
>> Actually they don't. A full bath has a sink and toilet, and either a tub,
>> a shower, or both, or a tub with shower. They call them 3 piece
>> bathrooms or 4 piece.
>
> Shower stall but no tub is a 3/4 bathroom. No idea what they call it if
> there's a shower stall plus a separate tub.

A 4 piece.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlrc2g$13j2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166166&group=rec.arts.tv#166166

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 10:28:48 +1300
 by: Your Name - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:28 UTC

On 2022-11-25 13:57:16 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> That just couldn’t be more wrong. A full bath has all four components. If
> you have a shower without a bath or a bath without a shower that’s a 3/4
> bathroom.
>

>>> If the petrol station 2 miles down the road has public toilet, then the
>>> greedy, lying realtors will include that as the house's bathroom ...
>>> anything to make a sale and get their commission.   X-(
>
> So why were you defending them in your previous paragraph?

I think you're misreading the quote levels ... I *never* "defend" any
commisson-based salesdroids. Commission sales and bonuses should be
illegal because it simply makes the salesdroid selfishly greedy scum.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<s746ohh6eagmu73hbsernev2l0nru3sq3h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166307&group=rec.arts.tv#166307

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:26:24 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 07:26 UTC

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:49:14 -0800, Pluted Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 02 May 2022 16:43:16 -0700, Bob wrote:
>
>> On Quora I've already busted the claim that a certain "Leave It to Beaver" episode had the first appearance (in 1957) on American TV of any part of a toilet. The claim seems never to have been made before the time DVD sales of the series were beginning, and I think they just made up a story of its being held up, so as to boost publicity. The episode air dates and production numbers SEEM to back up the story, until you note the others and see that MANY of them first aired out of production order. Anyway, TV commercials for at least a decade had been showing toilets quite conspicuously, so the claim that network standards and practices had an objection doesn't seem apt. However, someone on Quora suggested standards may have been lower for commercials, which I strongly doubt.
>>
>> So what I'm looking for is any examples of toilets from American TV PROGRAMS in 1957 or earlier.
>
>I don't know if it's true, but I heard about Leave
>It To Beaver having the first TV toilet long before
>DVDs were even invented. So it's not a new story.

How about the Flintstones?

If memory serves they're the Jeopardy answer for "first married couple
shown in bed together on TV"

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<7b46oht52gpd6bp59g22e4hdjijme8tdbn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166308&group=rec.arts.tv#166308

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:28:14 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 07:28 UTC

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:42:55 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
<admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
>> there are two and a half baths.
>
>You can't have much of a bath in half a bath.

No but a bathroom with sink, toilet and a shower is considered "half a
bath" and two people can have quite a bit of fun in one of those

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<ae46oh11m21pel4dsqct9qseuv115valur@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166309&group=rec.arts.tv#166309

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:31:52 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 07:31 UTC

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:30:14 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
<admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
>us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
>historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
>with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.

One of my great regrets during the past year has been looking up the
list of merchants at the Atlanta Civic Airport (NOT the International)
and finding that a very nice bar with a British Air Force in the
Desert 1941-43 theme was no more. (Can't remember the name but it was
the "_____th Fighter Group")

Nothing like visiting the Loo and findings that while you were using
the "WC" you got to hear speeches by that prime minister whose
initials were "WC"!

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<3sg6ohph4omavd60rpmmcfhfnu9udsko5h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166322&group=rec.arts.tv#166322

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 06:06:34 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 11:06 UTC

On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:31:52 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:30:14 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
><admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
>>us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
>>historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
>>with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.
>
>One of my great regrets during the past year has been looking up the
>list of merchants at the Atlanta Civic Airport (NOT the International)
>and finding that a very nice bar with a British Air Force in the
>Desert 1941-43 theme was no more. (Can't remember the name but it was
>the "_____th Fighter Group")

Are you confusing things? I don't of a Atlanta Civic Airport so I'm
not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about the
57th Fighter Group which is by the Peachtree-Dekalb Airport on
Clairmont Road. The restaurant did close down for a time but is open
for business as you can see here:
https://www.the57threstaurant.com/

>Nothing like visiting the Loo and findings that while you were using
>the "WC" you got to hear speeches by that prime minister whose
>initials were "WC"!

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<tlvrdn$1lknt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166323&group=rec.arts.tv#166323

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 09:15:18 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:15 UTC

On 2022-11-27 6:06 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:31:52 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 19:30:14 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
>> <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>
>>> I was kinda joshing; it's curious to this BrEng speaker that a bathroom to
>>> us is literally a room with a bath in. (Maybe changed to a shower, but
>>> historically contained a bathtub; very probably a WC as well). A room
>>> with just a WC & basin is called a toilet.
>>
>> One of my great regrets during the past year has been looking up the
>> list of merchants at the Atlanta Civic Airport (NOT the International)
>> and finding that a very nice bar with a British Air Force in the
>> Desert 1941-43 theme was no more. (Can't remember the name but it was
>> the "_____th Fighter Group")
>
> Are you confusing things? I don't of a Atlanta Civic Airport so I'm
> not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about the
> 57th Fighter Group which is by the Peachtree-Dekalb Airport on
> Clairmont Road. The restaurant did close down for a time but is open
> for business as you can see here:
> https://www.the57threstaurant.com/
>
>> Nothing like visiting the Loo and findings that while you were using
>> the "WC" you got to hear speeches by that prime minister whose
>> initials were "WC"!

A few years ago, I was working part-time at an outfit selling tickets to
events over the phone. Customers would call our toll-free number,
specify the event and the number of seats and I would sell them the
tickets. Our website had layouts of each venue for each event showing
all the seats with different borders/colours used to indicate which
seats were sold and which were still available. Our computer system was
designed to identify wheelchair-accessible seats but, unfortunately, did
so by displaying a logo saying "WC" beside each such seat. I had to
explain to my boss that *some* buyers might be confused by this and
think that this marked the location of toilets, rather than
wheelchair-accessible seats. (We were able to make some changes to make
this misunderstanding slightly less likely to occur but couldn't change
it entirely because we just basically paid to use this software and the
developers weren't willing to change it entirely.)

--
Rhino

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<3tt6ohdnpeilb7of40hh3fgrgnnklnn3u9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166325&group=rec.arts.tv#166325

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <d0f7c4b2-28cf-4381-9217-5046db81f8e6n@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.292EBECA01043C8230738A38F@news.giganews.com> <231120221625094306%nope@noway.com> <20221124134255.20cd1cc819d5e4b6c262cd9e@127.0.0.1> <241120221351442254%nope@noway.com> <20221124193014.b639e03ed28c2fa5f1511e09@127.0.0.1> <ae46oh11m21pel4dsqct9qseuv115valur@4ax.com> <3sg6ohph4omavd60rpmmcfhfnu9udsko5h@4ax.com> <tlvrdn$1lknt$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 09:45:28 -0500
 by: shawn - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:45 UTC

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 09:15:18 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2022-11-27 6:06 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:31:52 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> One of my great regrets during the past year has been looking up the
>>> list of merchants at the Atlanta Civic Airport (NOT the International)
>>> and finding that a very nice bar with a British Air Force in the
>>> Desert 1941-43 theme was no more. (Can't remember the name but it was
>>> the "_____th Fighter Group")
>>
>> Are you confusing things? I don't of a Atlanta Civic Airport so I'm
>> not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about the
>> 57th Fighter Group which is by the Peachtree-Dekalb Airport on
>> Clairmont Road. The restaurant did close down for a time but is open
>> for business as you can see here:
>> https://www.the57threstaurant.com/
>>
>>> Nothing like visiting the Loo and findings that while you were using
>>> the "WC" you got to hear speeches by that prime minister whose
>>> initials were "WC"!
>
>A few years ago, I was working part-time at an outfit selling tickets to
>events over the phone. Customers would call our toll-free number,
>specify the event and the number of seats and I would sell them the
>tickets. Our website had layouts of each venue for each event showing
>all the seats with different borders/colours used to indicate which
>seats were sold and which were still available. Our computer system was
>designed to identify wheelchair-accessible seats but, unfortunately, did
>so by displaying a logo saying "WC" beside each such seat. I had to
>explain to my boss that *some* buyers might be confused by this and
>think that this marked the location of toilets, rather than
>wheelchair-accessible seats. (We were able to make some changes to make
>this misunderstanding slightly less likely to occur but couldn't change
>it entirely because we just basically paid to use this software and the
>developers weren't willing to change it entirely.)

LOL. Yes, I can see people getting confused by that and wondering why
you have so many toilets spread among the seats. Definitely need at
least a label on the page specifying that WC is meant to signify
wheelchair accessible to help cut down on the confusion.

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<1380462108.691250749.117053.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166332&group=rec.arts.tv#166332

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 08:57:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 15:57 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:42:55 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
> <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>> One of the reasons we bought this house is that we are two people, and
>>> there are two and a half baths.
>>
>> You can't have much of a bath in half a bath.
>
> No but a bathroom with sink, toilet and a shower is considered "half a
> bath"

Nope, that’s a three-quarter

Re: First toilet on a TV SHOW?

<kgn7ohtc22u22bjeqt41on9n3n86bb3jau@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166361&group=rec.arts.tv#166361

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 14:03:16 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:03 UTC

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 06:06:34 -0500, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>One of my great regrets during the past year has been looking up the
>>list of merchants at the Atlanta Civic Airport (NOT the International)
>>and finding that a very nice bar with a British Air Force in the
>>Desert 1941-43 theme was no more. (Can't remember the name but it was
>>the "_____th Fighter Group")
>
>Are you confusing things? I don't of a Atlanta Civic Airport so I'm
>not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about the
>57th Fighter Group which is by the Peachtree-Dekalb Airport on
>Clairmont Road. The restaurant did close down for a time but is open
>for business as you can see here:
>https://www.the57threstaurant.com/

Sounds like the one and while it's been 30 years am glad to hear
they're doing well - had a great time there. Well except for stepping
off the sidewalk close to their and sinking through the grass and
finding that I had about an inch of red mud which by the time I got
back to my hotel finding it had dried to the consistency of red brick
on my shoes.

The things you remember from half a life ago!