From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Takei calls Shatner a "cantankerous old man" nobody got along with
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:56:27 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:56 UTC

George Takei Calls William Shatner a 'Cantankerous Old Man,'
Says 'None' of the 'Star Trek' Cast Got Along With Him
George Takei had nothing nice to say about former "Star Trek"
co-star William Shatner in a new interview with The Guardian.
Takei, who starred as Sulu opposite Shatner's Captain Kirk
during their "Star Trek" tenure, said there was a healthy
camaraderie on set among his cast members "except for one,
who was a prima donna." The actor appeared to be alluding to
Shatner, who he later addressed more directly when he was
asked if any of the cast got along with Shatner. Takei
responded, "No, none of us."

Shatner made headlines earlier this month due to an
interview with The Times UK in which he spoke out against
his "Star Trek" co-stars publicly slamming him. "I began to
understand that they were doing it for publicity," Shatner
said. "Sixty years after some incident they are still on
that track. Don't you think that's a little weird? It's like
a sickness. George has never stopped blackening my name.
These people are bitter and embittered. I have run out of
patience with them. Why give credence to people consumed by
envy and hate?"

"I know he came to London to promote his book and talked
about me wanting publicity by using his name. So I decided
I don't need his name to get publicity," Takei responded in
his new Guardian interview. "I have much more substantial
subject matter that I want to get publicity for, so I'm not
going to refer to [Shatner] in this interview at all.
Although I just did. He's just a cantankerous old man and
I'm going to leave him to his devices. I'm not going to
play his game."

Back in 2021, Takei publicly mocked Shatner's space flight
on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin. "He's boldly going where other
people have gone before," Takei told Page Six. "He's a
guinea pig... he's not the fittest specimen of 90 years old,
so he'll be a specimen that's unfit!"

Takei is currently making the press rounds in the United
Kingdom ahead of his musical, "Allegiance," launching its
British production.

<https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/george-takei-slams-william-shatner-cantankerous-old-man-1235443212/>

Re: Takei calls Shatner a "cantankerous old man" nobody got along with

<eHqdnVa6jdIqtxj-nZ2dnZfqnPUAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166447&group=rec.arts.tv#166447

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:40:07 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 21:40 UTC

On Nov 28, 2022 at 12:56:27 PM PST, "Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> George Takei Calls William Shatner a 'Cantankerous Old Man,'
> Says 'None' of the 'Star Trek' Cast Got Along With Him
> George Takei had nothing nice to say about former "Star Trek"
> co-star William Shatner in a new interview with The Guardian.
> Takei, who starred as Sulu opposite Shatner's Captain Kirk
> during their "Star Trek" tenure, said there was a healthy
> camaraderie on set among his cast members "except for one,
> who was a prima donna." The actor appeared to be alluding to
> Shatner, who he later addressed more directly when he was
> asked if any of the cast got along with Shatner. Takei
> responded, "No, none of us."
>
> Shatner made headlines earlier this month due to an
> interview with The Times UK in which he spoke out against
> his "Star Trek" co-stars publicly slamming him. "I began to
> understand that they were doing it for publicity," Shatner
> said. "Sixty years after some incident they are still on
> that track. Don't you think that's a little weird? It's like
> a sickness. George has never stopped blackening my name.
> These people are bitter and embittered. I have run out of
> patience with them. Why give credence to people consumed by
> envy and hate?"
>
> "I know he came to London to promote his book and talked
> about me wanting publicity by using his name. So I decided
> I don't need his name to get publicity," Takei responded in
> his new Guardian interview. "I have much more substantial
> subject matter that I want to get publicity for, so I'm not
> going to refer to [Shatner] in this interview at all.
> Although I just did. He's just a cantankerous old man and
> I'm going to leave him to his devices. I'm not going to
> play his game."
>
> Back in 2021, Takei publicly mocked Shatner's space flight
> on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin. "He's boldly going where other
> people have gone before," Takei told Page Six. "He's a
> guinea pig... he's not the fittest specimen of 90 years old,
> so he'll be a specimen that's unfit!"
>
> Takei is currently making the press rounds in the United
> Kingdom ahead of his musical, "Allegiance," launching its
> British production.
>

> <https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/george-takei-slams-william-shatner-cantankerous-old-man-1235443212/>

Of the two of them, Takei definitely comes across as the asshole here.

Re: Takei calls Shatner a "cantankerous old man" nobody got along with

<NN-cndfMK8Ahzxj-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166484&group=rec.arts.tv#166484

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:30:44 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:30 UTC

++

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Takei calls Shatner a "cantankerous old man" nobody got along with

<XnsAF5E5DB2A8C05taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166585&group=rec.arts.tv#166585

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:12:39 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:12 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote in

> On Nov 28, 2022 at 12:56:27 PM PST, "Your Name"
> <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>

>> George Takei Calls William Shatner a 'Cantankerous Old
>> Man,' Says 'None' of the 'Star Trek' Cast Got Along With
>> Him
>> George Takei had nothing nice to say about former "Star
>> Trek" co-star William Shatner in a new interview with The
>> Guardian. Takei, who starred as Sulu opposite Shatner's
>> Captain Kirk during their "Star Trek" tenure, said there
>> was a healthy camaraderie on set among his cast members
>> "except for one, who was a prima donna." The actor appeared
>> to be alluding to Shatner, who he later addressed more
>> directly when he was asked if any of the cast got along
>> with Shatner. Takei responded, "No, none of us."
>>
>> Shatner made headlines earlier this month due to an
>> interview with The Times UK in which he spoke out against
>> his "Star Trek" co-stars publicly slamming him. "I began to
>> understand that they were doing it for publicity," Shatner
>> said. "Sixty years after some incident they are still on
>> that track. Don't you think that's a little weird? It's
>> like a sickness. George has never stopped blackening my
>> name. These people are bitter and embittered. I have run
>> out of patience with them. Why give credence to people
>> consumed by envy and hate?"
>>
>> "I know he came to London to promote his book and talked
>> about me wanting publicity by using his name. So I decided
>> I don't need his name to get publicity," Takei responded in
>> his new Guardian interview. "I have much more substantial
>> subject matter that I want to get publicity for, so I'm not
>> going to refer to [Shatner] in this interview at all.
>> Although I just did. He's just a cantankerous old man and
>> I'm going to leave him to his devices. I'm not going to
>> play his game."
>>
>> Back in 2021, Takei publicly mocked Shatner's space flight
>> on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin. "He's boldly going where other
>> people have gone before," Takei told Page Six. "He's a
>> guinea pig... he's not the fittest specimen of 90 years
>> old, so he'll be a specimen that's unfit!"
>>
>> Takei is currently making the press rounds in the United
>> Kingdom ahead of his musical, "Allegiance," launching its
>> British production.
>>

>> <https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/george-takei-slams-william-sha
>> tner-cantankerous-old-man-1235443212/>
>
> Of the two of them, Takei definitely comes across as the asshole
> here.

Shatner has learned, over the years, to embrace his flaws and make
the most (money) of them. There's a certain charm to the "this is
me, take it or leave it" attitude, and he's mellowed a lot from the
"get a life" days (because being paid for public appearances will
do that to you). And make no mistake, he any time he makes a public
appearance of any sort, he's being paid, and paid well, and he's
being paid to be the arrogant, self-centered prick that is the
heart of his public image. He's found his niche as a celeb people
"love to hate."

Takei, on the other hand, has been a darling of the woke left for
years, the point of "his shit don't stink" do-no-wrong-ness, but
his inner asshole does slip out more and more in recent years. He,
too, makes good money from his public image as a santimonious,
hypocritical prick.

Both have been Hollywood creatures for a long, long time, and it's
hard to imagine they're not both professional assholes at times.
And all we see of either is the public persona.

At least Shatner has never been accused of sexual assault.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.