From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The woke and their pathetic, stupid manipulation of language
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:01:33 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:01 UTC

On Nov 28, 2022 at 7:17:34 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/28/health/monkeypox-renamed-mpox/index.html

"The World Health Organization announced Monday
that 'mpox' is now the preferred name for monkeypox."

How do they know what the preferred name is? Did they do a worldwide poll or
something and get everyone's opinion on the matter?

Scientists and experts have pushed since the start of
the recent outbreak to change the name to avoid
discrimination and stigma that could steer people
away from testing and vaccination. Stigma has been
an ongoing concern as the outbreak has largely
affected men who have sex with men.

If the stigma comes from the disease's association with dudes banging dudes,
then how does changing its name help avoid that? Whether it's called monkeypox
or mpox, it's still going to be associated with dudes banging dudes.

Ever since this disease suddenly became prominent, the usual suspects have
been wailing about "discrimination" and "stigma" but no one has explained who
is actually being stigmatized by the name monkeypox. Seems to me only monkeys
would have a valid complaint and they're animals who don't have the ability to
understand PC bullshit or to know they're supposed to be offended by things.
Are we really at the point where we're now taking offense on behalf of animals
that couldn't care less and pretending the issue is serious enough that we're
basing government policy on it?

Re: The woke and their pathetic, stupid manipulation of language

<tm3g3m$202a5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166476&group=rec.arts.tv#166476

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:26:43 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 23:26 UTC

On 2022-11-28 1:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2022 at 7:17:34 AM PST, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/28/health/monkeypox-renamed-mpox/index.html
>
> "The World Health Organization announced Monday
> that 'mpox' is now the preferred name for monkeypox."
>
> How do they know what the preferred name is? Did they do a worldwide poll or
> something and get everyone's opinion on the matter?
>
> Scientists and experts have pushed since the start of
> the recent outbreak to change the name to avoid
> discrimination and stigma that could steer people
> away from testing and vaccination. Stigma has been
> an ongoing concern as the outbreak has largely
> affected men who have sex with men.
>
> If the stigma comes from the disease's association with dudes banging dudes,
> then how does changing its name help avoid that? Whether it's called monkeypox
> or mpox, it's still going to be associated with dudes banging dudes.
>
> Ever since this disease suddenly became prominent, the usual suspects have
> been wailing about "discrimination" and "stigma" but no one has explained who
> is actually being stigmatized by the name monkeypox. Seems to me only monkeys
> would have a valid complaint and they're animals who don't have the ability to
> understand PC bullshit or to know they're supposed to be offended by things.
> Are we really at the point where we're now taking offense on behalf of animals
> that couldn't care less and pretending the issue is serious enough that we're
> basing government policy on it?

Yes, yes we are.

--
Rhino