From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Hawaii volcano. They never say this about global warming storms
do they?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:07:19 -0600
 by: trotsky - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 23:07 UTC

On 11/29/22 9:26 AM, RichA wrote:
> Note the comment below. They never say that population increases make it seem like "storms are getting worse" but that is the effect. If you increase population in a given area, you increase storm damage, even if the storm is NO DIFFERENT than storms that came before.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63783633
>
> According to the USGS, Mauna Loa has erupted 33 times since 1843. The previous eruption in 1984 sent lava flows within 5 miles of Hilo, the island's most populous town.
>
> But the Big Island's population has more than doubled since 1980 to around 200,000 residents and Hawaii's civil defence agency has warned residents could face a "lava disaster".

There is no way to predict the extent of the eruption. Also, an
eruption isn't a "storm" and you sound ever increasingly fucked in the
head when you say something that clueless. Storms do have measures for
intensity of course, so to claim it's based on "storm damage" is a
further example of being fucked in the head. In short who knows what
the fuck you think you're saying here but it's mostly just a pile of
HORSESHIT.