From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Transgender activist LaSaia Wade fired by her South Side LGBTQ center amid allegations of 'questionable' spending
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:43:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:43 UTC

Transgender activist LaSaia Wade fired by her South Side LGBTQ center
amid allegations of 'questionable' spending
By Nara Schoenberg
Chicago Tribune
Nov 30, 2022 at 3:03 pm
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-trans-leader-lasaia-wade-fired-1129-20221130-4mvjf7e7arbylmm256qz27oyia-story.html

LaSaia Wade's firing for misappropriation of fund is discrimination, right?

Wade founded an advocacy and social service agency for transgender and
black people on the south side of Chicago. Sounds like she was terrific
at fundraising and sucked at fiduciary responsibility. The organization
went from a budget of a few hundred thousand to a multi-million dollar
budget in just a few months. The board hired a forensic accountant in
order to justify firing her, so there must have been a hell of a lot of
money missing. She made the excuse that when she started the
organization, she was just in her 20s.

Ok.

I was in my late teens when I starting doing volunteer work and political
campaigns and nonprofits, and I was treasurer for several at various
times. Particularly in political campaigns, there is a lot of paperwork
to comply with disclosure laws. I've also done payroll, tax returns,
very lengthy applications for recognition, etc. I'm not going to let her
off the hook given that she was 10 years older than me.

Advocacy organizations tend to be founded by young people.

Bookkeeping principles don't change just because you've started to raise
a hell of a lot more money.

This does make her qualified to be in the state legislature, though.

Re: Transgender activist LaSaia Wade fired by her South Side LGBTQ center amid allegations of 'questionable' spending

<atropos-301473.15333630112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166796&group=rec.arts.tv#166796

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 15:33:36 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 23:33 UTC

In article <tm8mar$2jpvc$5@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Transgender activist LaSaia Wade fired by her South Side LGBTQ center
> amid allegations of 'questionable' spending
> By Nara Schoenberg
> Chicago Tribune
> Nov 30, 2022 at 3:03 pm
> https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-trans-leader-lasaia-wade-fired-1129-202
> 21130-4mvjf7e7arbylmm256qz27oyia-story.html
>
> LaSaia Wade's firing for misappropriation of fund is discrimination, right?
>
> Wade founded an advocacy and social service agency for transgender and
> black people on the south side of Chicago. Sounds like she was terrific
> at fundraising and sucked at fiduciary responsibility. The organization
> went from a budget of a few hundred thousand to a multi-million dollar
> budget in just a few months. The board hired a forensic accountant in
> order to justify firing her, so there must have been a hell of a lot of
> money missing. She made the excuse that when she started the
> organization, she was just in her 20s.
>
> Ok.
>
> I was in my late teens when I starting doing volunteer work and political
> campaigns and nonprofits, and I was treasurer for several at various
> times. Particularly in political campaigns, there is a lot of paperwork
> to comply with disclosure laws. I've also done payroll, tax returns,
> very lengthy applications for recognition, etc. I'm not going to let her
> off the hook given that she was 10 years older than me.
>
> Advocacy organizations tend to be founded by young people.
>
> Bookkeeping principles don't change just because you've started to raise
> a hell of a lot more money.
>
> This does make her qualified to be in the state legislature, though.

Someone should tell her to move to California. She'd be given a lifetime
achievement award here.