From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Potentially catastrophic rail strike prevented by the House. I
wonder how they all voted?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 03:13:04 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:13 UTC

On 11/30/22 6:57 PM, RichA wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63814432
>
> The new measure passed by the House on Wednesday imposes a previous agreement that was rejected by four of the 12 labour unions involved in the negotiations, which collectively represent over 100,000 freight carrier employees.
>
> The deal included 24% raises - the most in more than 40 years - and $5,000 in bonuses stretched over a series of annual payments. While employees would be expected to pay a larger portion of their health insurance costs, premiums would be restricted to a maximum of 15%.
>
> 92% believe that it is important for the U.S. economy to have freight railroads run uninterrupted by a strike (71% say “very important”). Just 4% say that it is unimportant.
> 85% believe that an interruption in freight rail would lead to prices going even higher.

They all voted by using their power to vote. Hope this helps.

Re: Potentially catastrophic rail strike prevented by the House. I wonder how they all voted?

<tmcrq4$1gfd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166972&group=rec.arts.tv#166972

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
wonder how they all voted?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 06:41:40 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 12:41 UTC

On 12/1/22 9:50 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 December 2022 at 04:13:09 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 11/30/22 6:57 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63814432
>>>
>>> The new measure passed by the House on Wednesday imposes a previous agreement that was rejected by four of the 12 labour unions involved in the negotiations, which collectively represent over 100,000 freight carrier employees.
>>>
>>> The deal included 24% raises - the most in more than 40 years - and $5,000 in bonuses stretched over a series of annual payments. While employees would be expected to pay a larger portion of their health insurance costs, premiums would be restricted to a maximum of 15%.
>>>
>>> 92% believe that it is important for the U.S. economy to have freight railroads run uninterrupted by a strike (71% say “very important”). Just 4% say that it is unimportant.
>>> 85% believe that an interruption in freight rail would lead to prices going even higher.
>> They all voted by using their power to vote. Hope this helps.
>
> It was a good vote. Parasitic unions "who only care about the people" always try this stuff at the worst possible times. The deal they got was a HUGE gift, better than most will see, inflation or not.

You're just shitposting. Before unions it was just a pile of bullshit
for workers. The hard part is to legislate so both sides are
represented fairly. Govt. is difficult, stupid people like you that
think otherwise make it worse.

Re: Potentially catastrophic rail strike prevented by the House. I wonder how they all voted?

<1aa48c0b-b2ee-4ffe-acc0-7135d2aa61d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167020&group=rec.arts.tv#167020

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 14:04:23 -0800 (PST)
wonder how they all voted?
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 22:04 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 6:41:46 AM UTC-6, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 12/1/22 9:50 AM, RichA wrote:

> >> They all voted by using their power to vote. Hope this helps.
> >
> > It was a good vote. Parasitic unions "who only care about the people" always try this stuff at the worst possible times. The deal they got was a HUGE gift, better than most will see, inflation or not.
> You're just shitposting. Before unions it was just a pile of bullshit
> for workers. The hard part is to legislate so both sides are
> represented fairly. Govt. is difficult, stupid people like you that
> think otherwise make it worse.

Still Warren Buffett refuses to replace the commuter train station his high school educated rubes crushed.