Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Subject: A few things on Acorn and BritBox
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:36:40 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 15:36 UTC

With American TV pretty well on repeats and reality crap in the
T'giving-New Years period, we are spending a lot of time with Amazon
Prime and its UK channels. We've found a few things to pass the evenings.

Crossfire. Three couples and their kids take a vacation at a resort in
Spain. Gunmen attack. The tension is palpable and the faces of the cast
are very familiar to anyone who's watched a fair amount of UK offerings.
I found the third act a bit of a let down, but overall, it was worthwhile.

Hope Street. Season 2 of a harmless "cop" show set in Ireland. There are
small crimes to investigate each episode, and there are plenty of
interpersonal relationships that make this somewhat interesting. No
language warnings, no violence and no mature themes. No viewer
discretion required.

Whitstable Pearl. Season 2 of this other "cop" show set in the south of
England is a bit more "adult". The owner of a restaurant dabbles as a PI
and helps the local police. Some romantic entanglements from Season 1
seem to be semi-resolved in the first couple of eps of Season 2.
--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: A few things on Acorn and BritBox

<tmalkk$1h604$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166890&group=rec.arts.tv#166890

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: A few things on Acorn and BritBox
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 08:44:04 -0800
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 16:44 UTC

On 12/1/2022 7:36 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> With American TV pretty well on repeats and reality crap in the
> T'giving-New Years period, we are spending a lot of time with Amazon
> Prime and its UK channels. We've found a few things to pass the evenings.
>
> Crossfire. Three couples and their kids take a vacation at a resort in
> Spain. Gunmen attack. The tension is palpable and the faces of the cast
> are very familiar to anyone who's watched a fair amount of UK offerings.
> I found the third act a bit of a let down, but overall, it was worthwhile.
>
> Hope Street. Season 2 of a harmless "cop" show set in Ireland. There are
> small crimes to investigate each episode, and there are plenty of
> interpersonal relationships that make this somewhat interesting. No
> language warnings, no violence and no mature themes. No viewer
> discretion required.
>
> Whitstable Pearl. Season 2 of this other "cop" show set in the south of
> England is a bit more "adult". The owner of a restaurant dabbles as a PI
> and helps the local police. Some romantic entanglements from Season 1
> seem to be semi-resolved in the first couple of eps of Season 2.

I watched the first season of Whitstable and liked it, will be starting
S2 this week. May check out Hope Street too.