If it's worth doing, it's worth doing for money.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<UBI20221201@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166965&group=rec.arts.tv#166965

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 09:30 UTC

While recovering from eye surgery, I watched:

GLENN BECK RADIO

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

GHOST ADVENTURES:
Travel Channel was playing this all day.

FAMILY GUY:
Several eps on FXX.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmd28p$33f8f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166980&group=rec.arts.tv#166980

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 06:31:53 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 14:31 UTC

On 2022-12-02 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Another incredibly long workday, but this time I at least got through a
little soaps:

soaps: DOOL - Wed's(?) ep. Wendy and Johnny get Li and EJ,
respectively, to admit what they've done, and then decide to do nothing
about it. :/ Jada tells Eric she got an abortion after Nicole
mindf*cked her.
GH - Tues' ep. Another dumb Quartermaine Thanksgiving (involving a
live turkey). They're setting Gladys up to be a gambling addict, I
think. Holly's hideout blows up, and it looks like she burned up (GH
popped for a stuntwoman!!), but I'm guessing she staged all of this in
order to escape.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmdeik$34d2q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166993&group=rec.arts.tv#166993

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:01:56 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 18:01 UTC

On 12/2/2022 6:31 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-12-02 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Another incredibly long workday, but this time I at least got through a
> little soaps:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Wed's(?) ep. Wendy and Johnny get Li and EJ, respectively,
> to admit what they've done, and then decide to do nothing about it.  :/
> Jada tells Eric she got an abortion after Nicole mindf*cked her.
>   GH - Tues' ep. Another dumb Quartermaine Thanksgiving (involving a
> live turkey). They're setting Gladys up to be a gambling addict, I
> think. Holly's hideout blows up, and it looks like she burned up (GH
> popped for a stuntwoman!!), but I'm guessing she staged all of this in
> order to escape.

This will be a two day catch up. I watched:

Willow (Disney+) - "The Gales" - Following the events of the movie,
Sorsha (Joanne Whalley reprising her role from the movie) has married
Madmartigan (often mentioned but missing for years when the episode
starts) and now rules a kingdom. When things kick off her daughter is
upset that she is being forced to marry Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori) a
prince from a neighboring kingdom. During the celebration they are
attacked and her brother is kidnapped setting off a quest to rescue him.
For this quest of course they'll need a sorcerer. There is also a
secondary plot involving the baby from the first movie who was hidden
away to protect her. I wonder which of the princess' friends who just
happen to be exact right age will turn out to the baby hidden in plain
sight?

"The High Aldwin" - Episode 2. The quest continues with Willow and
Flash Thompson part of the group. In a shocking reveal that could never
have been predicted one of the princess' friends who just happened to be
exact right age turns out to be the baby hidden in plain sight. I did
not see that coming! You know what else I absolutely won't see coming,
a later reveal that the princess' other friend who also happens to be
the right age and is played by a more famous actress turns out to really
be the baby hidden in plane sight. I couldn't help but notice the baby
had red hair, the friend who was revealed to be the baby hidden in plain
site does *not* have red hair, and this detail was explicitly pointed
out during the episode, but the other friend, played by a more famous
actress does have red hair.

Violent Night (theatrical) New "R" rated Christmas action/comedy that
borrows *heavily* from the plot of Die Hard. Set on Christmas eve,
Santa Claus (David Harbour) is delivering presents at the Nakatomi
Plaza, I mean rich family's mansion, when some terrorists break in to
steal money from a vault. The terrorist have a complex plan that
involves shooting the security guards, dealing with the anticipated
response, being prepared for the power to be shut off, you all the
things you account for when robbing the Nakatomi Plaza's, I mean rich
family mansion's vault. Santa gets stranded without shoes, I mean
without reindeer and is forced to kill his way through the terrorist in
order to save the family. Fortunately for Santa his has a walkie talkie
which he uses to talk to a beat cop at the scene, I mean little girl at
the scene. Is it a good movie? It's Santa Clause slaughtering terrorist
in graphically violent ways. So it can't not be good! That being said,
the script definitely could have used another pass, just a once over to
tighten up the dialogue and plot a little.

I would also highly recommend pairing this with "Fatman" which has a
somewhat similar plot with Mel Gibson as Santa Clause who has go up
against a hitman.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmdepm$34d2q$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166995&group=rec.arts.tv#166995

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 09:38:15 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 17:38 UTC

<1995881262.691707938.283442.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167015&group=rec.arts.tv#167015

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 14:54:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 21:54 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

s’more FIREFLY on the Hulu.

Disney+ is sending me messages trying to get me to re-up because my
subscription expires the ninth.

Netflix continues to be broken. If I ask to see the TV show section I get
“new on Netflix” some of which is movies and some of which is TV shows and
then I get “top 10 movies”
If I ask to see the movie section it gives me just one movie, Lady
Chatterley’s lover.

But through the miracle of on-demand I found episode two of RICH &
SHAMELESS: GIRLS GONE WILD.

This year would be a lot better if they weren’t fussing out the naughty
bits like I was watching cops.

Basically this was a hit piece on Joe Francis. But they were trying so hard
to make him out as a psychotic lunatic that it backfired on them and you
felt like the guy really was being railroaded. They kept interviewing now
old women complaining that 30 years ago they were dancing naked on the
stage in the middle of the day at spring break and he destroyed their lives
by taking video tape of them. One said he was basically a peeping Tom.

However there is something he should go to prison for. He’s responsible for
the success of the filthy Kardashian whores. He’s a friend of them and they
gave him Kim’s sex tape to “leak”
They admit that they’d be nothing if he hadn’t done that.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmfh2q$3bnvc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167104&group=rec.arts.tv#167104

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 04:30:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:30 UTC

In article <tmdeik$34d2q$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Violent Night (theatrical) New "R" rated Christmas action/comedy that
>borrows *heavily* from the plot of Die Hard. Set on Christmas eve,
>Santa Claus (David Harbour) is delivering presents at the Nakatomi
>Plaza, I mean rich family's mansion, when some terrorists break in to
>steal money from a vault. The terrorist have a complex plan that
>involves shooting the security guards, dealing with the anticipated
>response, being prepared for the power to be shut off, you all the
>things you account for when robbing the Nakatomi Plaza's, I mean rich
>family mansion's vault. Santa gets stranded without shoes, I mean
>without reindeer and is forced to kill his way through the terrorist in
>order to save the family. Fortunately for Santa his has a walkie talkie
>which he uses to talk to a beat cop at the scene, I mean little girl at
>the scene. Is it a good movie? It's Santa Clause slaughtering terrorist
>in graphically violent ways. So it can't not be good! That being said,
>the script definitely could have used another pass, just a once over to
>tighten up the dialogue and plot a little.

This one is on my watching list. It sounds like it won't be dissapointing.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmfhc5$3bnvc$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167105&group=rec.arts.tv#167105

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 04:30:43 -0500

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> But through the miracle of on-demand I found episode two of RICH &
> SHAMELESS: GIRLS GONE WILD.
>
> This year would be a lot better if they weren't fuzzing out the naughty
> bits like I was watching cops.
>
> Basically this was a hit piece on Joe Francis. But they were trying so hard
> to make him out as a psychotic lunatic that it backfired on them and you
> felt like the guy really was being railroaded. They kept interviewing now
> old women complaining that 30 years ago they were dancing naked on the
> stage in the middle of the day at spring break and he destroyed their lives
> by taking video tape of them. One said he was basically a peeping Tom.

"Ruined their lives"? Seriously?
"Peeping Tom"? You mean like the other men who were watching you dance on
bar?

> However there is something he should go to prison for. He's responsible for
> the success of the filthy Kardashian whores. He's a friend of them and they
> gave him Kim's sex tape to "leak".

In that case, throw the book at him!
#FilthyKardashianWhores

> They admit that they'd be nothing if he hadn't done that.

Fickle bitches.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<277894117.691786333.185163.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167155&group=rec.arts.tv#167155

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 13:40:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:40 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> But through the miracle of on-demand I found episode two of RICH &
>> SHAMELESS: GIRLS GONE WILD.
>>
>> This year would be a lot better if they weren't fuzzing out the naughty
>> bits like I was watching cops.
>>
>> Basically this was a hit piece on Joe Francis. But they were trying so hard
>> to make him out as a psychotic lunatic that it backfired on them and you
>> felt like the guy really was being railroaded. They kept interviewing now
>> old women complaining that 30 years ago they were dancing naked on the
>> stage in the middle of the day at spring break and he destroyed their lives
>> by taking video tape of them. One said he was basically a peeping Tom.
>
> "Ruined their lives"? Seriously?
> "Peeping Tom"? You mean like the other men who were watching you dance on
> bar?

Plus who is going to recognize these fat old women 30 years later anyway?

>> However there is something he should go to prison for. He's responsible for
>> the success of the filthy Kardashian whores. He's a friend of them and they
>> gave him Kim's sex tape to "leak".
>
> In that case, throw the book at him!
> #FilthyKardashianWhores
>
>> They admit that they'd be nothing if he hadn't done that.
>
> Fickle bitches.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<1936975841.691786380.005527.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167156&group=rec.arts.tv#167156

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 13:40:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:40 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <tmdeik$34d2q$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
>
>> Violent Night (theatrical) New "R" rated Christmas action/comedy that
>> borrows *heavily* from the plot of Die Hard. Set on Christmas eve,
>> Santa Claus (David Harbour) is delivering presents at the Nakatomi
>> Plaza, I mean rich family's mansion, when some terrorists break in to
>> steal money from a vault. The terrorist have a complex plan that
>> involves shooting the security guards, dealing with the anticipated
>> response, being prepared for the power to be shut off, you all the
>> things you account for when robbing the Nakatomi Plaza's, I mean rich
>> family mansion's vault. Santa gets stranded without shoes, I mean
>> without reindeer and is forced to kill his way through the terrorist in
>> order to save the family. Fortunately for Santa his has a walkie talkie
>> which he uses to talk to a beat cop at the scene, I mean little girl at
>> the scene. Is it a good movie? It's Santa Clause slaughtering terrorist
>> in graphically violent ways. So it can't not be good! That being said,
>> the script definitely could have used another pass, just a once over to
>> tighten up the dialogue and plot a little.
>
> This one is on my watching list. It sounds like it won't be dissapointing.

Agreed

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)

<tmkovk$3urlc$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167323&group=rec.arts.tv#167323

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 04:30:47 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> But through the miracle of on-demand I found episode two of RICH &
>>> SHAMELESS: GIRLS GONE WILD.
>>>
>>> This year would be a lot better if they weren't fuzzing out the naughty
>>> bits like I was watching cops.
>>>
>>> Basically this was a hit piece on Joe Francis. But they were trying so hard
>>> to make him out as a psychotic lunatic that it backfired on them and you
>>> felt like the guy really was being railroaded. They kept interviewing now
>>> old women complaining that 30 years ago they were dancing naked on the
>>> stage in the middle of the day at spring break and he destroyed their lives
>>> by taking video tape of them. One said he was basically a peeping Tom.
>>
>> "Ruined their lives"? Seriously?
>> "Peeping Tom"? You mean like the other men who were watching you dance on
>> bar?
>
> Plus who is going to recognize these fat old women 30 years later anyway?

I assume that's how they introduce themselves, then wonder why they can't
find a good man to get married to.

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-12-01 (Thursday)