Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Steve Martin and Martin Short are co-hosting SNL together for the second time
From: tmc1...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:33:00 -0800 (PST)
 by: tmc1...@gmail.com - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 01:33 UTC

https://www.tvinsider.com/1071762/saturday-night-live-martin-short-steve-martin-host/

Meaghan Darwish
4 HOURS AGO

Saturday Night Live is welcoming back two legends, as former cast members and current
Only Murders in the Building costars Martin Short and Steve Martin are teaming up to
host the December 10 episode.

It�s the first time that two stars have hosted together since veteran cast members
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler helmed an episode back in 2015. The real-life friends and
colleagues memorably hosted the NBC sketch comedy program together in 1986 alongside
Chevy Chase as a promotion for their film Three Amigos!

Together, Short and Martin will appear alongside musical guest Brandi Carlile.
Additionally, Austin Butler has been recruited to helm the December 17 episode with
musical guest Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Kicking off the month with the December 3 episode is
previously announced host Keke Palmer and musical guest SZA.

As viewers know, both Short and Martin star in Hulu�s hit comedy series Only Murders
in the Building alongside Selena Gomez. The Emmy-winning program was co-created by
Martin and John Hoffman and features a bevy of talented performers ranging from Nathan
Lane and Shirley MacLaine to Season 3�s highly anticipated addition Paul Rudd.

Along with Only Murders in the Building, Short and Martin are set to resume their �You
Won�t Believe What They Look Like Today!� tour in 2023. The episode is sure to draw
some other familiar faces, as vets usually pull in surprise guest talent for sketches,
but only time will tell. As for Butler, he�s making his hosting debut on the show,
promoting his buzzy performance in the film Elvis.

The December 10 episode will mark Carlile�s second appearance as she supports her
newest album, In These Silent Days, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs make their second
appearance on the show following their recent Grammy nominations for the album Cool It
Down. Stay tuned for more as these exciting episodes approach.

ping anim Ubi's Usenet abuse and forgery of Terrence Clay (was: Steve Martin and Martin Short are co-hosting SNL together for the second time)

<tmd6ll$33ppk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=166985&group=rec.arts.tv#166985

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:47:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:47 UTC

tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>https://www.tvinsider. . . .

anim, you got very upset with me a few weeks ago that I'd been repeatedly
pointing out Ubi's abuse of Usenet while forging other Usenet users
like Terrence Clay on a regular basis. I'd been calling Ubi a
shithead for doing so.

Ubi stopped for a while, but as you can see here, the abuse of Usenet
and forging has resumed.

Ubi is harming Usenet by forgery and committing abuse of Usenet. I'm not
going to ignore it.

I've been asking other Usenet users to look for these obvious forgeries
of Terrence Clay and never to post followups to them, given that Ubi is
causing actual harm here. Ubi should be ignored by everyone else on
Usenet, at least when he's causing actual harm like here, or other times
when he's just behaving immaturely like setting Followup-To.

I'm addressing you directly because you wouldn't believe me when I was
pointing out Ubi's behavior. That you and he get along in the What Did
You Watch? threads at times Ubi isn't committing Usenet abuse has
nothing to do with this specific instance in which Ubi is abusing
Usenet.

Here are header from the article Ubi forged of Terrance Clay's:

The Path header is genuine and lets us know that the forged article was
injected at Giganews on which Ubi is a user.

This header is genuine, when Ubi submitted the forged article.

Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv

Ubi has crossposted; Terrence Clay never crossposts.

Original Subject repeated, but it's a followup and the standard "Re: "
is missing because of the way Ubi forges.

From: tmc1982@gmail.com

This is forgery. This is the email address (regardless of whether it's
genuine) used by Terrence Clay on Usenet. Ubi is not allowed to post an
article with someone else's email address.

Including a References header is what defines a Usenet article as a
Followup. This includes the Message-ID of the actual article posted by
Terrence Clay.

When Usenet abuse isn't being committed, these headers are supplied by
the News server. Ubi has copied them from the original article written
by Terrence Clay in order to falsely purport that the article was
injected through Google Groups even though it was actually injected
through Giganews. This is called preloading headers.

That these two headers were preloaded is evidence of Abuse of Usenet
committed by Ubi. This is something Ubi MUST NOT do and Giganews MUST
refuse to accept, but Giganews has been allowing Ubi to abuse Usenet
for years.

Note Ubi's Message-ID has "n" prepended to Terrance Clay's Message-ID.

Another preloaded header copied from the orginal article.

Genuine headers added by Giganes.

https://www.tvinsider...

Terrence Clay's article cut

Re: Steve Martin and Martin Short are co-hosting SNL together for the second time

<Q3LHTUb8T8mCQIaJUtg9ch@geopod-ismtpd-2-0>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167128&group=rec.arts.tv#167128

Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
From: meli...@mail.cent.co
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 11:33:03 -0500
 by: meli...@mail.cent.co - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 16:33 UTC

tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

>Saturday Night Live is welcoming back two legends, as former cast members and current
>Only Murders in the Building costars Martin Short and Steve Martin are teaming up to
>host the December 10 episode.

I wonder if their ratings are down and they are looking for a boost??? The funny hasn�t
been there for awhile.

Re: Steve Martin and Martin Short are co-hosting SNL together for the second time

<tmfu2u$3cosb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167129&group=rec.arts.tv#167129

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.snl,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 11:33:03 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 16:33 UTC

tmc1982@gmail.com wrote:

> Saturday Night Live is welcoming back two legends, as former cast members
> and current Only Murders in the Building costars Martin Short and Steve
> Martin are teaming up to host the December 10 episode.

Steve Martin was never a cast member of SNL, just a frequent and memorable
host.

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Steve Martin and Martin Short are co-hosting SNL together for the second time