From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #275: Integrity Quest The Conclusion
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 21:07:24 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:date:newsgroups:path
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=52vXPHHz12B8XMXfE0cy++V0ZUVoMd0T0MzMURWtvgE=;
b=UzSfwOo6tldCHygzUkWPiTZYbnZ/7ZazduNYmXKH5DzWA0kw2fNEIrEGqowWO4F028
ZzC7nwpkjFahPjcI66tXwyPmnOWFlHi6hWDQeYrlgOkTiDE2M7iW/S0eKg2DmbZRPEUh
j5hkDwmf8ou2HHSYQZoPXlVLNF7S2peYZX7jBJsLIAbLeidhrfw4PGQwiYMqltzMj9MG
YCP2sXKXm3G54a3Cw+3d8NQYfYBsE7wVaOE4xbnmFsm+LjkL6HTzBaxZRUdw/gqXeMNh
KKrzRgxlroCVD5euUDzkJ03pYmaEerRW1R8Nl6FKa+QngZez21HZ+XW/TVZ5xszrBmSi
rSBg==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 21:07 UTC

And we're back in the past and can check the eyrie archive
once again.

Here's where you can find the whole Integrity Quest and well as
Amabel Holland's very nice Integrity Quest Companion, which is
well worth a read:

https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Crossovers/

And we've reached the end of Integrity Quest storyline! Doug Wojtowicz
and Hubert Bartels write episodes 21 and Integrity Quest: Aftermath!

Will Lost Cause Boy wistfully wax nostalgic over the John Byrne Glory
Days as he takes on The Down'n'Dirty, Nitty-Gritty Plegmtastic Four?!
And is it time to use the W-Word again?! Is it time for
Those Annoying Crosspost Brothers to start shooting everyone?! And
will Panta have to remind everyone she's not a man?!

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #275

=====================
Integrity Quest The Conclusion
=====================

From: U16244@uicvm.uic.edu
Subject: LNH: INTEGRITY QUEST: The Prefix lives on...

NET.PATROL: Integrity Quest - part 21: The prefix lives on...

[Last Issue, we found out that Panta had managed to survive her encounter
with Thunderblot, and Kid Anarky is all alone, while the Legion of Net Heroes
holds a huge party. But Lost Cause Boy, always a posting behind, went rushing
to Panta and Arnarky's rescue while his fight with Ultimate Ninja was left
behind. Now, join us as Lost Cause Boy goes blundering into action not
unlike a certain purple caped duck, only without the big goofy sidekick.]

This issues cover is a blazing chromium cover of Lost Cause Boy, looking around
in confusion, scratching his head, word baloon coming out. "Must be the
twenty-fifth issue. Either that, or our sales are running low."

Lost Cause Boy crashed through the wall of the giant MachineThing(tm) using
the strength of Superman (now a lost cause, due to his picking up a few
back issues.) He flexed, frowning as he looked up and down the hall.

"So, if it isn't the Amazing Lost Brain Boy," DeFacto's voice cackled. "It's
too late to save your friends. They're gone."

"GONE!!!! You fiend! Where are you? I'll keeeeeeeeeeeelll you!" LCB snarled.
The image of Superman left LCB, being replaced by a small, pink dog with
rabbit-like ears.

"Hey! We own the rights to that guy! Give him back!"

"You know DeFacto, your wealth of ignorance astounds me. You don't have
Thunderblot, you don't have your fanboys, and you're threatening me? What
are you going to do? Let loose... the MARMOSETS on me?"

"IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!" a roar bellowed as a wall caved in on the MachineThing.

"Forget that Bum! Let's just kill this creep!" another cry roared. "We're now
the Down'n'Dirty, Nitty-Gritty Plegmtastic Four!"

Lost Cause Boy turned slowly, his eyes going wide. Bum Grime, the Thang,
Crappy Score, the Putrid Blorch, Sneed Bitchards, Mr. Phlegmtastic, and
Lawsuit Bitchards, the Indigestable Woman. He remembered them when they had
their original names, when they weren't parodies of themselves, or being
handled by any hack off the street. He remembered their glory under Byrne and
Simonson, but now...? He reverted to human.

"Oooooooh. That's real good DeFacto. Take MY FAVORITE HEROES, and turn their
mockeries against me, thinking it would break my spirit. But... it only
strengthened me..."

"Hey, you're taking those lines from... where are you getting those lines from?
What are you becoming?" DeFacto asked.

The PF lunged towards LCB, when he suddenly swatted out. They tumbled
backwards under the force of the blow. As they rose to face him, they couldn't
find LCB. "Both Ben Grimm and Sue Richards had themselves taken to the point
where they would be broken like toys. In Thing #4 with the Puppet Master and
in the Fantastic Fours where they tackled Psycho-Man. And you know what?"

The Pleghmtastic Four froze, looking up at the shifting invisibility field
above them, now massive and rocky. "Uh, what?" The Thang asked.

"IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!! NOT CLOBBERING TIME!!!!" LCB squished the Thang as he
landed, but the others were up and attacking, but unable to breech LCB's
invisible forcefield (tm).

DeFacto snarled. "He's all by himself. And I can always summon more hackneyed
characters, like the Unmanned G-Men, and I still have Youngstud, Shadowhick...
He's doomed."

"No, he's not," a cold voice from the pit of hell whispered. DeFacto whirled,
noticing Last-Chance-Whiner-Destiny Woman had shown up. "He lied to you LC.
Panta and Anarky are back at LNH HQ. Panta's healing up, and everyone else
is having a party."

"Yeah! Well, what do you expect me to do?" LCB asked. He was being pounded by
the combined remainders of the Phlegmtastic Four.

"Well, you know what I WOULD do if I were you?" The enigmatic woman smiled.

LCB's face bloomed into a smile. "I know what you mean. Ahem...."

LCWDW's smile turned into a frown. "No, wait. I didn't mean..."

"W W W OOOOOOO OOOOOOO DDDDDD Y Y !!!!!!!
W W W W O O O O D D Y Y !!!!!
W W W W O O O O D D Y Y !!!!!
W W W W O O O O D D Y !!!
W W W W O O O O D D Y !!!
W W W W O O O O D D Y
WW WW O O O O D D Y !!!
W W OOOOOOO OOOOOOO DDDDDD Y !!! an' I don't mean Allen."

* * * * * *

Kid Anarky looked longingly at the little plastic graven image of Panta. It
was one of the most popular figures selling, and he could tell why as he
fondled the figure, with its realistic ACTION FUZZ(tm), and anatomical
correctness. He was glad she made it, as he slowly began dancing his own
figure towards Panta.

"Hey Panta, how're you doing?" Anarky asked. "I'm fine you big hulking..."

The alarm lights suddenly began flashing. Anarky dropped the figures, seeing
the horde of party goers lunge for the TransMat tubes. "What's wrong?!? Is it
Table again?"

Ultimate Ninja snarled as he unsheathed his Ginsu Katanas.
"I asked the boy to behave. But does he listen? No."

Anarky took a step back. "Who? What are you talking about?"

"Lost Cause Boy. I warned him. Now, we're going after him," UN snarled.

"Uhhhh," Anarky began, but they'd already phased out. He stared at the
TransMat tube, knowing that his plan would probably mean death for the
Legion of Net.Heroes.
-----
Lost Cause Boy (tm) by Douglas P. Wojtowicz.
Kid Anarky (tm) by Stephane Savoie
Panta (urtm- unregistered trademark) Hubert Bartels.
Curly/Rochester (tm) by Douglas P. Wojtowicz.
Rebel Yell (tm) by Scavenger 2099
Ultimate Ninja (tm) by wReam
Jon Crosspost and Those Annoying Crosspost Bros (tm) by Mark Friedman.
Copyright 1994, Hubert Bartels

I N T E G R I T Y Q U E S T

Reprinting the Integrity Quest books from 1993

Vol 3.5
Lost Cause Boy faces off with DeFacto himself in the
conclusion of the Integrity Quest. Afterwards, Panta,
still recovering from her injuries, has another
mysterious visitor.

From: U16244@uicvm.uic.edu

NET.PATROL: Integrity Quest - part 21: The prefix lives on...

[Last Issue, we found out that Panta had managed to survive her encounter
with Thunderblot, and Kid Anarky is all alone, while the Legion of Net Heroes
holds a huge party. But Lost Cause Boy, always a posting behind, went rushing
to Panta and Arnarky's rescue while his fight with Ultimate Ninja was left
behind. Now, join us as Lost Cause Boy goes blundering into action not
unlike a certain purple caped duck, only without the big goofy sidekick.]

This issues cover is a blazing chromium cover of Lost Cause Boy, looking around
in confusion, scratching his head, word baloon coming out. "Must be the
twenty-sixth issue. Either that, or our sales are running low."
Jon Crosspost finished scraping the fragments of Spitt off the wall, smirking
as he dumped it in the dumpster out behind his apartment. "Actually, I should
thank Lost Cause Boy. Always did wanna use the A-10's main gun in the house."

He looked up, seeing something phase in. He drew a pair of .45 ACP Mac-10's,
aiming at the spot. "Aha! Combat! Blood! Gore! Small children dying (by
the schoolbusload)."

Click here to read the complete article