The man who raises a fist has run out of ideas. -- H. G. Wells, "Time After Time"

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Will Dockery
+* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Spam-I-Am
|+* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Will Dockery
||`* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Spam-I-Am
|| `- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Will Dockery
|+- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.W.Dockery
|`* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.W-Dockery
| `* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Spam-I-Am
|  `- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)Will Dockery
+* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.General-Zod
|`- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.W-Dockery
+* Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.Victor H.
|`- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.W.Dockery
`- Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.W.Dockery

1
Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<42896588-7962-43c9-aa51-5b41b857fe7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167017&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167017

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:32 UTC

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:43:26 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 10:27:21 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Sorry if I was unclear. I'm sure you know a lot more about the Cthulu writers' horror fiction than I do. And I'm sure that nearly every reader has at least heard of it. I was referring to their poetry: I'd had no idea that Smith, Lovecraft, Howard, and Frank Belknap Long all wrote Romantic/Gothic poetry, too; that's the part I fear may be being forgotten. I've never read a word in any poetry texts or anthologies that I've read (mind you, that's true of a number of top-notch poets, like Vachel Lindsay and Alfred Noyes, as well). As far as academia is concerned, their poetry never existed. And, due to the absurd U.S. copyright term, the Internet can't be counted on to fill the vacuum, either.

> > > I'll search to see if (and what) poetry these writers have published. If I find some for anyone, I'll be sure to add him to the wiki, too.
> >
> > Robert E. Howard is fairly well represented online with his poetry, probably because he's so famous as the creator of Conan The Barbarian...
> >
> > http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm
> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>
> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>
> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>
> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>
> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>
> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard

Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<9492d4ab-fe9e-4a65-aeca-a898b40ff6bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167020&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167020

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:50 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:32:31 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:43:26 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

> > > Robert E. Howard is fairly well represented online with his poetry, probably because he's so famous as the creator of Conan The Barbarian...
> > >
> > > http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm
> > That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
> >
> > I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
> >
> > I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
> >
> > http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
> >
> > and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
> >
> > http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard
>
> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay, thanks.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<b618e65f-8b88-4dc8-8385-c199de3cc4ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167030&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167030

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 06:23:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 13:23 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:50:44 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:32:31 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
> > >
> > > I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
> > >
> > > I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
> > >
> > > http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
> > >
> > > and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
> > >
> > > http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard
> >
> > Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Okay, thanks.

Good morning, you're welcome.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<bc6cd0cf-8e9a-47ad-84f8-c5a60ac7dc37n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167043&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167043

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 07:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 14:06 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 9:23:51 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:50:44 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Okay, thanks.
> Good morning, you're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<95fe6bd1-8be5-4382-b52a-2943f807f615n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167067&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167067

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 08:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 15:52 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 10:06:30 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 9:23:51 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

sure you know a lot more about the Cthulu writers' horror fiction than I do.. And I'm sure that nearly every reader has at least heard of it. I was referring to their poetry: I'd had no idea that Smith, Lovecraft, Howard, and Frank Belknap Long all wrote Romantic/Gothic poetry, too; that's the part I fear may be being forgotten. I've never read a word in any poetry texts or anthologies that I've read (mind you, that's true of a number of top-notch poets, like Vachel Lindsay and Alfred Noyes, as well). As far as academia is concerned, their poetry never existed. And, due to the absurd U.S. copyright term, the Internet can't be counted on to fill the vacuum, either.

> > > Okay, thanks.
> > Good morning, you're welcome.
> Have a nice day.

Likewise to you.

🙂

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<f2f46ba460cda5c3606e5929ca5632f4@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167082&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167082

Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:41:18 +0000
)
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 18:41 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:43:26 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

>> > Robert E. Howard is fairly well represented online with his poetry, probably because he's so famous as the creator of Conan The Barbarian...
>> >
>> > http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm
>> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>>
>> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>>
>> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>>
>> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>>
>> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>>
>> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard

> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Robert E. Howard was a very good poet:

"Excerpts from the
Poetry of
Robert E. Howard"

http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<d95b487db5d709f9cc0e0611da0441be@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167409&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167409

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 21:55:38 +0000
)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Victor H.)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Victor H. - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 21:55 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 8:43:26 AM UTC-5, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:

>> > Robert E. Howard is fairly well represented online with his poetry, probably because he's so famous as the creator of Conan The Barbarian...
>> >
>> > http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm
>> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>>
>> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>>
>> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>>
>> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>>
>> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>>
>> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard

> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cool find....

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<f93293d66639e5edeaf890e39102bc4d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167416&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#167416

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 00:27:08 +0000
)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 00:27 UTC

On Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 7:50:11 PM UTC-4, vhug...@gmail.com wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:

> >> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
> >>
> >> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
> >>
> >> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
> >>
> >> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
> >>
> >> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
> >>
> >> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard
>
> > Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Cool find....

For those who have an interest in poetry.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<cd2f64d7a0eb37a44fee919ae457d646@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168237&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168237

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:33:24 +0000
)
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:33 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>>>
>>> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>>>
>>> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>>>
>>> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>>>
>>> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>>>
>>> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard

>> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Robert E. Howard was a very good poet:

> "Excerpts from the
> Poetry of
> Robert E. Howard"

> http://users.rcn.com/shogan/howard/excerpts/epoetry.htm

Good find, Zod.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<92430e64694f0df7b6aa50361d3f4a93@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168703&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#168703

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:32:50 +0000
)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:32 UTC

Spam-I-Am wrote:

> On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:32:31 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> George Dance wrote:

>> > That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>> >
>> > I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>> >
>> > I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>> >
>> > http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>> >
>> > and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>> >
>> > http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard
>>
>> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Okay, thanks.

Good morning, you're welcome.

🙂

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<02b8f92a5154dd98a8d779fa6f747115@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169126&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#169126

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:29:08 +0000
)
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:29 UTC

Spam-I-Am wrote:

> On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:32:31 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>> >
>> > I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>> >
>> > I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>> >
>> > http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>> >
>> > and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>> >
>> > http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard
>>
>> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Okay, thanks.

Thanks again for your interest.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<4cf6e151-985f-44f9-9e04-4f7b9f61e537n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169161&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#169161

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 13:34 UTC

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 9:21:30 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> Spam-I-Am wrote:

> >> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > Okay, thanks.
> Thanks again for your interest.

I wasn’t interested.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<9b59904b-c386-4fd0-8679-de62f2aa6e4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169181&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#169181

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:43 UTC

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 9:34:41 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 9:21:30 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > Okay, thanks.
> > Thanks again for your interest.
> I wasn’t interested.

That's okay.

Re: Irene Dämmerung / Will Dockery (Ping: G.J.D.)

<d0aeae993023861d4263ea6d148f435a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=169773&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#169773

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:17:02 +0000
)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:17 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> That was a new site to me, which I've added to Howard's article as an EL. Notice, though, that the guy doesn't print complete poems but only excerpts (probably because of copyright restrictions).
>>>
>>> I'd call Howard one of the hardest to use; the problem being that, although he died in 1936 (meaning anything he published in his lifetime is in the public domain in Canada and Europe), none of his poetry appears to have been published in book form before 1957.
>>>
>>> I've been able to find only two sites which feature complete poems by REH: a blog with 6 poems in an introductory essay on a weblog
>>>
>>> http://themysticfool.blogspot.ca/2007/12/poems-by-robert-e-howard.html
>>>
>>> and 19 poems on the AllPoetry site
>>>
>>> http://allpoetry.com/Robert-E.--Howard

>> Our discussion that included Robert E Howard, from a few years ago. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Cool find....

Good afternoon, my friend.