There are more ways of killing a cat than choking her with cream.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
||+- Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
||`- Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
|+- Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
`- Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<1219304473.691759128.617679.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167090&group=rec.arts.tv#167090

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 04:22:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 11:22 UTC

Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, Dec. 3

Christmas on the Slopes (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

fter a disappointing restaurant opening and an embarrassing break-up, a
celebrity chef takes her first real Christmas vacation. When she wanders
into the kitchen at a luxury resort and is mistaken for the sous chef by
the handsome, but grouchy, head chef, their chemistry sparks a holiday
romance. But will everything blow up when the head chef learns the truth
about her?
Stars Olivier Renaud and Soma Chhaya.

https://uptv.com/movies/christmas-on-the-slopes/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21374548/

Homes for the Holidays (special) (7-8 pm, AXS)

A star-studded evening benefiting families of fallen first-responders and
Gold Star heroes. The night is hosted by acclaimed singer-songwriter Ashley
McBryde, and also features appearances and performances by country icon
Travis Tritt, Yellowstone star Cole Hauser, R&B innovators Robert Randolph
And The Family Band, and rising country trio Runaway June.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (special night and time) (8 pm, CW)

This is the episode that was preempted on Friday.

A New Orleans Noel (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Grace Hill (Keshia Knight Pulliam) and Anthony Brown (Brad James) could not
be more different. Despite having gone to college to study architecture
together, their lives took them on completely separate paths. But when
they’re both hired to work together on the home of Loretta Brown (Patti
LaBelle)­a New Orleans praline icon­the two find themselves stuck working
together at Christmas…and butting heads over more than just architecture.
When Anthony and his family discover that Grace will be celebrating
Christmas alone, they invite her to take part in their traditions and their
celebrations. Soon, fiercely independent Grace begins to learn the
importance of family and community, while modern Anthony learns to embrace
tradition and the magic of Christmas. And when Grace is offered a new job
far away from New Orleans, she’ll have to decide if she’ll leave or follow
her heart. Tim Reid stars as Marcel Lirette, a handsome, retired friend who
moves back to town after years away and catches the eye of Loretta.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-new-orleans-noel

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18350854/

A Fabled Holiday (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Talia and her childhood best friend Anderson unexpectedly reunite in a
familiar looking town full of Christmas spirit that restores its visitors
during their times of deep turmoil. Stars Brooke D'Orsay and Ryan Paevey.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-fabled-holiday

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22295836/

Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Ivy struggles with the long shadow cast by her late mother, Muriel, the
darling of Icicle Falls; head of the Candy Cane Lane Lights Extravaganza,
owner of The Christmas Haus, and a former TV star known adoringly as the
"Christmas Maven." This Christmas, a series of comical and mysterious
events bring the town together in a masterstroke of perfection only the
"Christmas Maven" herself could appreciate. Stars Andrea Barber and Dan
Payne.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22072268/

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/christmas-on-candy-cane-lane/

Reno 911!: It's a Wonderful Heist (movie) (8 pm, Comedy
Central)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaTEMavmzU

Sting: A Winter's Night ... Live From Durham Cathedral (special)
(8-9 pm, AXS)

Rock trailblazer Sting shines in an intimate performance at one of London's
most famous landmarks, reflecting on his life and career as he performs
songs from his 2009 album If On A Winter's Night... for the first time
ever.

The Great Holiday Bake War (movie) (9 pm, OWN)

She’s a professional baker ­ he’s her old flame. In order to win, they’ll
have to leave their past behind. But what will happen when things get hot
in the kitchen? Stars LeToya Luckett and Finesse Mitchell.

https://www.oprah.com/own-ownfortheholidays/official-trailer-the-great-holiday-bake-war

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22245568/

The Holiday Stocking (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)

An angel has 12 days to reunite his sisters using a family Christmas
tradition. Stars Nadine Ellis, Tamala Jones, and BJ Britt, with a cameo by
Mykelti Williamson.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/the-holiday-stocking

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22308008/

Sunday, Dec. 4

Under the Stars of Paris (Sous les étoiles de Paris) (movie)
(3:01 am, HBO Max)

Christine's [Catherine Frot] life has not been easy lately. Her lonely
routine is divided between free food banks distributions and wandering the
streets. On a cold winter night she founds Suli, an 8-year-old Eritrean
boy, sobbing in front of her shelter. Christine understands that he is lost
and has been separated from his mother. Bounded by their marginal
condition, they embark together on an emotional journey to find Suli's
mother in the underground world of Paris. French film; 1h 26m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11188734/

Christmas on the Rocks (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

A ski-lodge event manager's task of hosting a corporate Christmas party
goes awry when the resort is cut off by a snowstorm and the hard-to-please
CEO turns out to be an old flame. Stars Jon McLaren and Lyla
Porter-Follows.

https://uptv.com/movies/christmas-on-the-rocks/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23873758/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23903180/

Christmas With My Ex (movie) (7 pm, TV One)

https://tvone.tv/show/christmas-with-my-ex/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15010580/

Celebrity Wheel of Fortune (special time) (8 pm, ABC)

Moves from 8 pm. Moves to Tuesday at 8 pm beginning this Tuesday, Dec. 6.

Merry Textmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Gaby Diaz (Ariana Ron Pedrique) is an app developer from Austin, Texas, and
the last unmarried sibling in her very close and very traditional family.
Every year, the Diaz family gathers at abuela’s house in Oaxaca, Mexico, a
town renowned for its “12 Challenges of Christmas,” which playfully ignites
the entire town’s Christmas spirit. When Gaby accidentally adds Alex
Alvarado (Rodrigo Massa), a handsome graphic designer who’s lost touch with
his own Mexican roots, to the family group chat, her well-meaning family
decides to secretly invite him to join them in Oaxaca for Christmas. As
they begin to play matchmaker for Gaby and Alex, can the Diaz family help
Gaby and Alex recognize that each of them is actually the other’s perfect
Christmas present?

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/merry-textmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21831630/

Undercover Holiday (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

When returning home for the holidays, newly-minted pop star Jaylen tells
her protective family that her overzealous security guard Matt is, in fact,
her new beau. Stars Noemi Gonzalez and Stephen Huszar.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/undercover-holiday

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22295902/

B&B Merry (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)

Renowned luxury travel blogger Tracey Moore is invited to a Christmastime
getaway in exchange for a review of a small-town B&B. Despite her initial
reservations, she finds herself wanting to help the property... and falling
for the owner's handsome son, Graham, who helps her to learn that every
experience can be five-star when shared with kindred spirits. Stars Jen
Lilley and Jesse Hutch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22333954/

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/bb-merry/

The Search for Secret Santa (movie) (8 pm, ION)

Cub reporter Sophia (Skye Coyne, "Deadly Dating Game") thinks she's found a
Christmas story that will make her career when she discovers a long-lost,
undelivered Secret Santa gift from "Tony to Abigail." But the mystery gets
even juicier when she learns that the item--a priceless nutcracker--was in
fact stolen years ago. With the help of a handsome and shady art dealer
Jackson (Alex Trumble, "Dangerous Snow Day"), she sets off on a dangerous,
romantic quest to match the Secret Santas and catch the thieves. Jackee
Harry guest stars as Sophia's boss at the newspaper.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22185852/

https://iontelevision.com/holiday-movie/the-search-for-secret-santa

Housebroken (special night and time) (8:30 and 9 pm,
two episodes, Fox)

Fit for Christmas (movie) (8:30 pm ET/8 pm PT, CBS)

This is the holiday tale of Audrey (Amanda Kloots), an enthusiastic
Christmas-obsessed fitness instructor teaching classes at her beloved,
financially beleaguered community center in quaint Mistletoe, Mont. She
begins a holiday romance with a charming, mysterious businessman (Paul
Greene), complicating his plans to turn the center into a more financially
profitable resort property. Kloots co-wrote the film story and serves as
executive producer.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<851051655.691760557.040967.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167094&group=rec.arts.tv#167094

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 05:08:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 12:08 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Dec. 3
>

> Homes for the Holidays (special) (7-8 pm, AXS)

AXS? What the hell is that?

> Whose Line Is It Anyway? (special night and time) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

GAC!

> Sting: A Winter's Night ... Live From Durham Cathedral (special)
> (8-9 pm, AXS)

AXS?!?

> Sunday, Dec. 4
>

> Under the Stars of Paris (Sous les étoiles de Paris) (movie)
> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> Christine's [Catherine Frot] life has not been easy lately. Her lonely
> routine is divided between free food banks distributions and wandering the
> streets. On a cold winter night she founds Suli, an 8-year-old Eritrean

Is that someone from AXS?

> Christmas With My Ex (movie) (7 pm, TV One)

Oh, come on, Robbins just making these new channels up.

> B&B Merry (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)

GAC!

> The Search for Secret Santa (movie) (8 pm, ION)

Does Ian have his eye on ION?

> The Rookie (fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, ABC)

NOOKIE!!!!

> Monday, Dec. 5
>

> CBS fall finales tonight: The Neighborhood (8 pm), Bob (Hearts) Abishola
> (8:30 pm), NCIS (9 pm), and NCIS: Hawai'i (10 pm). All the shows return on
> Monday, Jan. 16.

Weren’t we supposed to have an NCIS three-way?

> Tuesday, Dec. 6
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, Dec. 7
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Most Beautiful Flower [La flor más bella] [new; complete season
> 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Curvy, curly, confident Mich knows she's fabulous.

She‘d about as fabulous as Ubi‘s cat.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> DC's Stargirl (season 3 and series finale) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Greatest Holiday Commercials Countdown 2022 (special)
> (9-10 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Thursday, Dec. 8
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, Dec. 9
>

> Streaming:
>

> Idina Menzel: Which Way to the Stage? (documentary) (3:01
> am, Disney+)
>
> Beloved Tony Award-winning actress and singer Idina Menzel’s many triumphs
> include iconic Broadway roles in productions of “Rent” and “Wicked”

That we still don’t have a movie version of

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Art of Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)

GAC!!

> Whose Line Is It Anyway? (fall finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> (end)

Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<031220220803458059%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167106&group=rec.arts.tv#167106

Subject: Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 08:03:45 -0500
 by: A Friend - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 13:03 UTC

In article
<851051655.691760557.040967.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> AXS? What the hell is that?

Wikipedia: "AXS TV is an American cable television channel.
Majority-owned by Anthem Sports & Entertainment, it is devoted
primarily to music-related programming (such as concert films,
documentaries, and reality series involving musicians) and combat
sports ­ including boxing, mixed martial arts and professional
wrestling."

I'd never heard of it before, probably because it carries two things I
don't care about: concerts and wrestling.

Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<2106447942.691785974.067065.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167153&group=rec.arts.tv#167153

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 13:40:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:40 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <851051655.691760557.040967.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> AXS? What the hell is that?
>

> Wikipedia: "AXS TV is an American cable television channel.
> Majority-owned by Anthem Sports & Entertainment, it is devoted
> primarily to music-related programming (such as concert films,
> documentaries, and reality series involving musicians) and combat
> sports ­ including boxing, mixed martial arts and professional
> wrestling."
>
> I'd never heard of it before, probably because it carries two things I
> don't care about: concerts and wrestling.

Thanks. I tried asking the DVR to show me AXS and it offered to play fights
for me on planet Pluto television or the YouTube.

Mr. Google says that as of November 17, 2022 Cox does not have an agreement
to show AXS which may help explain why I never heard of it.

Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<tmghqp$3edjk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167158&group=rec.arts.tv#167158

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Dec._3-9:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 14:15:53 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 22:15 UTC

On 2022-12-03 11:22:50 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Dec. 3
>

> Christmas on the Slopes (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> fter a disappointing restaurant opening and an embarrassing break-up, a
> celebrity chef takes her first real Christmas vacation. When she wanders
> into the kitchen at a luxury resort and is mistaken for the sous chef by
> the handsome, but grouchy, head chef, their chemistry sparks a holiday
> romance. But will everything blow up when the head chef learns the truth
> about her?
> Stars Olivier Renaud and Soma Chhaya.

I've never head of Soma Chhaya - Pass!

> A New Orleans Noel (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Grace Hill (Keshia Knight Pulliam) and Anthony Brown (Brad James) could not
> be more different. Despite having gone to college to study architecture
> together, their lives took them on completely separate paths. But when
> they’re both hired to work together on the home of Loretta Brown (Patti
> LaBelle)­a New Orleans praline icon­the two find themselves stuck working
> together at Christmas…and butting heads over more than just architecture.
> When Anthony and his family discover that Grace will be celebrating
> Christmas alone, they invite her to take part in their traditions and their
> celebrations. Soon, fiercely independent Grace begins to learn the
> importance of family and community, while modern Anthony learns to embrace
> tradition and the magic of Christmas. And when Grace is offered a new job
> far away from New Orleans, she’ll have to decide if she’ll leave or follow
> her heart. Tim Reid stars as Marcel Lirette, a handsome, retired friend who
> moves back to town after years away and catches the eye of Loretta.

This looked terrible from the ads. I think the main problem is LaBelle.

> A Fabled Holiday (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Talia and her childhood best friend Anderson unexpectedly reunite in a
> familiar looking town full of Christmas spirit that restores its visitors
> during their times of deep turmoil. Stars Brooke D'Orsay and Ryan Paevey.

Maybe?... I like both leads.

> Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Ivy struggles with the long shadow cast by her late mother, Muriel, the
> darling of Icicle Falls; head of the Candy Cane Lane Lights Extravaganza,
> owner of The Christmas Haus, and a former TV star known adoringly as the
> "Christmas Maven." This Christmas, a series of comical and mysterious
> events bring the town together in a masterstroke of perfection only the
> "Christmas Maven" herself could appreciate. Stars Andrea Barber and Dan
> Payne.

So The GAFfe Channel got the other "Full House" alumnae in the divorce?...

> The Holiday Stocking (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> An angel has 12 days to reunite his sisters using a family Christmas
> tradition. Stars Nadine Ellis, Tamala Jones, and BJ Britt, with a cameo by
> Mykelti Williamson.

Well, if it's a "cameo"!!1!!11!!...

> Sunday, Dec. 4
>

> Under the Stars of Paris (Sous les étoiles de Paris) (movie)
> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> Christine's [Catherine Frot] life has not been easy lately. Her lonely
> routine is divided between free food banks distributions and wandering the
> streets. On a cold winter night she founds Suli, an 8-year-old Eritrean
> boy, sobbing in front of her shelter. Christine understands that he is lost
> and has been separated from his mother. Bounded by their marginal
> condition, they embark together on an emotional journey to find Suli's
> mother in the underground world of Paris. French film; 1h 26m.

Oh, dear Lord, no...

> Christmas on the Rocks (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> A ski-lodge event manager's task of hosting a corporate Christmas party
> goes awry when the resort is cut off by a snowstorm and the hard-to-please
> CEO turns out to be an old flame. Stars Jon McLaren and Lyla
> Porter-Follows.

Don't know either lead - Pass!!

> Merry Textmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Gaby Diaz (Ariana Ron Pedrique) is an app developer from Austin, Texas, and
> the last unmarried sibling in her very close and very traditional family.
> Every year, the Diaz family gathers at abuela’s house in Oaxaca, Mexico, a
> town renowned for its “12 Challenges of Christmas,” which playfully ignites
> the entire town’s Christmas spirit. When Gaby accidentally adds Alex
> Alvarado (Rodrigo Massa), a handsome graphic designer who’s lost touch with
> his own Mexican roots, to the family group chat, her well-meaning family
> decides to secretly invite him to join them in Oaxaca for Christmas. As
> they begin to play matchmaker for Gaby and Alex, can the Diaz family help
> Gaby and Alex recognize that each of them is actually the other’s perfect
> Christmas present?

I don't know any of these people - that's unusual for Lifetime...

> Undercover Holiday (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When returning home for the holidays, newly-minted pop star Jaylen tells
> her protective family that her overzealous security guard Matt is, in fact,
> her new beau. Stars Noemi Gonzalez and Stephen Huszar.

Meh...

> B&B Merry (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)
>
> Renowned luxury travel blogger Tracey Moore is invited to a Christmastime
> getaway in exchange for a review of a small-town B&B. Despite her initial
> reservations, she finds herself wanting to help the property... and falling
> for the owner's handsome son, Graham, who helps her to learn that every
> experience can be five-star when shared with kindred spirits. Stars Jen
> Lilley and Jesse Hutch.

I wish Jen Lilley hadn't defected to GAFfe.

I also wish she'd go back to doing Lifetime flicks....

> The Search for Secret Santa (movie) (8 pm, ION)
>
> Cub reporter Sophia (Skye Coyne, "Deadly Dating Game") thinks she's found a
> Christmas story that will make her career when she discovers a long-lost,
> undelivered Secret Santa gift from "Tony to Abigail." But the mystery gets
> even juicier when she learns that the item--a priceless nutcracker--was in
> fact stolen years ago. With the help of a handsome and shady art dealer
> Jackson (Alex Trumble, "Dangerous Snow Day"), she sets off on a dangerous,
> romantic quest to match the Secret Santas and catch the thieves. Jackee
> Harry guest stars as Sophia's boss at the newspaper.

Skye Coyne (without Jillian Murray!) is a pretty thin reed indeed...

> George & Tammy [new] (9 pm, Showtime)
>
> Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain star as country music legends George
> Jones and Tammy Wynette in a six-episode biographical miniseries

And you lost me...

> that was
> originally set to debut on Spectrum and then the Paramount Network before a
> last-minute move to Showtime. (Tonight's opener will also air on Paramount
> Network, but the remaining episodes are exclusive to Showtime.) John
> Hillcoat (The Road) directs the series, which is adapted from Georgette
> Jones' book The Three of Us by Abe Sylvia, while Steve Zahn, Walton
> Goggins, and Kelly McCormack also star.

> Monday, Dec. 5
>

> His Dark Materials (final season 3 premiere) (9 and 10 pm,
> two episodes, HBO)
>
> The eight-episode third and final season, adapted from Philip Pullman's
> novel The Amber Spyglass, premieres with two episodes each Monday through
> Dec. 26.

I will probably get to seasons #2 & #3 of this over break.
(Did they manage to get James McAvoy back for the final season?...
It'll be pointless if they didn't!)

> Wednesday, Dec. 7
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> DC's Stargirl (season 3 and series finale) (8 pm, CW)

[sigh...] Something else I will have to tackle over break. (Or maybe
next summer?...)

> Thursday, Dec. 8
>

> Streaming:
>

> Doom Patrol (premiere of part 1 of season 4) (3:01 am, HBO
> Max)
>
> The 12 episodes of season 4 are divided into two parts; two of the six
> episodes of part 1 are released today, with the remaining four released
> weekly through Jan. 5.

This reminds me - I also have to tackle the new season of "Titans" over
break...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Scentsational Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Bright-eyed beauty and perfumer Ellie Reddy is tasked by her boss to create
> a holiday scent that will impress, so she decides to return to her quaint
> and festive family home for Christmas to find inspiration. There she meets
> handsome yet bookish writer, Logan Osborne, who is staying with her father
> at the family’s historic property, which includes her mother’s former
> candle-making cottage. After finding her father struggling to keep her late
> mother’s candle business afloat, Ellie and Logan decide to complete the
> orders and inadvertently bring Christmas cheer back to the town, all while
> falling in love. Stars Nazneen Contractor and Mykee Selkin; originally
> titled "A Candlelit Christmas."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<tmgnh0$3epan$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167163&group=rec.arts.tv#167163

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected
programming
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:53:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:53 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>> Saturday, Dec. 3

>>Homes for the Holidays (special) (7-8 pm, AXS)

>AXS? What the hell is that?

The satellite channel HDNet Mark Cuban founded two decades ago to show
off some largely lame HD programming that never found much of an
audience. I take it you've put Art Mann out of mind. There had been a
couple of tv series I used to watch on it but I've forgotten. Cuban
dumped it a decade ago.

>> Wednesday, Dec. 7

>> Broadcast and cable:

>>DC's Stargirl (season 3 and series finale) (8 pm, CW)

>The C dub must die.

Never watched a single episode

>>Greatest Holiday Commercials Countdown 2022 (special)
>>(9-10 pm, CW)

>The C dub must die.

For that alone? Absolutely

Re: Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

<tmgnkh$3epan$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167164&group=rec.arts.tv#167164

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:54:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:54 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>AXS? What the hell is that?

>Wikipedia: "AXS TV is an American cable television channel.
>Majority-owned by Anthem Sports & Entertainment, it is devoted
>primarily to music-related programming (such as concert films,
>documentaries, and reality series involving musicians) and combat
>sports - including boxing, mixed martial arts and professional
>wrestling."

>I'd never heard of it before, probably because it carries two things I
>don't care about: concerts and wrestling.

What does professional wrestling have to do with wrestling?

Re: Dec. 3-9: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-80A50F.11564107122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167679&group=rec.arts.tv#167679

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 11:56:41 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 19:56 UTC

In article
<851051655.691760557.040967.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > Dec. 3-9: Robin’s selected programming

> > The Rookie (fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, ABC)
> >

> NOOKIE!!!!

And just as stupid as ever.

In this episode, we have the Nookie and his new trainee on patrol. They
spot a guy robbing a store. The copette gives chase on foot while Nookie
circles the block in the car.

Copette corners guy in an alley, guy turns on her and starts trying to
murder her, slams her head against the wall, tries to strangle her, but
amazingly this 95-lb woman eventually bests him in hand-to-hand and
throws him down and cuffs him just as Nookie pulls up.

They take the perp to the hospital where he gets a clean bill of health.

They transport him to the precinct (instead of the Twin Towers because
plot) and he instantly is attacked by another prisoner in the holding
cell for reasons that are never explained. The Nookie and the copette go
in and try and break up the fight, but all the prisoners spill out into
the precinct and a huge brawl ensues.

While at the hospital getting their faces patched up, the Nookie and
copette see their original perp being rushed into the ER where he
expires in seconds.

Mean White Sergeant (who is in charge while Stern Black Sergeant is in
New York) instantly demands the copette hand over her badge and gun and
restricts her to desk work until a determination is made why the guy
died and warns her that if anything she did when she arrested him caused
the guy's death, she'll be prosecuted for murder.

Say what now? (My LAPD girlfriend actually threw something at the TV
when he said that. Thankfully it was just a sock.)

Murder? Murder is a specific intent crime. Which means to charge the
copette with murder, they'd have to have evidence that she specifically
intended to kill the perp, which there was no evidence of whatsoever,
not the least of which was her body cam, which clearly shows her using
justifiable force to fight back in self-defense against a guy who tried
to kill her multiple times.

And on top of that, they brought him to the hospital after the initial
arrest and he was cleared by medical staff, which means nothing she did
prior to the doctor's exam was the cause of death. And on top of *that*,
he was attacked by the other prisoner in the jail, which could easily
have resulted in a life-threatening injury. The idea that the copette
would even be considered as the cause of death at that point was
bizarre, and even if she was, the best they could hope to charge her
with would be some flavor of manslaughter. This wasn't even in the same
universe as murder.

Nevertheless, they put her in an interrogation room, tell her they're
not reading her her rights because she has none and they're proceeding
against her as if she's a murder suspect. They say as a cop she has no
right to remain silent. Which is absolute nonsense. You don't lose your
constitutionally guaranteed right against self-incrimination merely
because you're employed as a cop. It is true that if you exercise your
5th Amendment rights in an official investigation, you can be fired from
the force, but the right still exists, and frankly, in the face of a
murder charge, losing your job should be the least of your concerns.

After the interrogation, she has a long tear-filled scene with the
Nookie about how she'll go on living with herself if anything she did
caused the death of this thug who was robbing stores at gunpoint and who
tried to murder her. Nookie tells her of his own incident where he had
to shoot some guy who was shooting at him and they both commiserate over
how tragic it is that bad people doing bad things end up getting hurt by
cops.

After that scene, it was brutally apparent that neither of these idiots
belong in law enforcement. If the copette can't even use her fists, let
alone a gun, to defend herself or others from people trying to do harm
to innocents without going to pieces emotionally, she needs to walk out
the door and find another line of work because it's only a matter of
time before she gets herself or another officer killed.

And of course, it turns out that the perp died from having his kidneys
ruptured by another inmate in the jail brawl, so copette is off the hook.

> > The Most Beautiful Flower [La flor más bella] [new; complete season
> > 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >
> > Curvy, curly, confident Mich knows she's fabulous.
>
> She's about as fabulous as Ubi's cat.

The cat that invaded my home over the summer and refused to leave is
actually pretty cool.