From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Canadian hockey player opposes latest Liberal gun control bill
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 15:07:09 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:07 UTC

The Liberals are at it again, reducing the type of weapons Canadians can
legally own even further. Previous bills did a great deal to reduce the
weapons a Canadian can own and the new bill, C-21, apparently aims to
eliminate the ability to own deer rifles, shotguns, etc.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/carey-price-bill-c21-firearms

Although the Conservative party opposes bill C-21, they don't have
enough votes to defeat it. The other parties in Parliament certainly
won't oppose it either as they are all "progressive". In the absence of
something like the American First Amendment, we can only sign petitions
and hope for the best. The chances of a petition stopping this bill are
slim and none - and Slim just left town.

This country is going the way of Australia and all the other disarmed
countries where only the government has guns and nothing stops the
government from going full autocrat at their whim.

--
Reinhardt

Re: [OT] Canadian hockey player opposes latest Liberal gun control bill

<i0bqoh1lm677mag9iivk0st2j986a4qidh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167265&group=rec.arts.tv#167265

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 15:26:22 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 23:26 UTC

On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 15:07:09 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>The Liberals are at it again, reducing the type of weapons Canadians can
>legally own even further. Previous bills did a great deal to reduce the
>weapons a Canadian can own and the new bill, C-21, apparently aims to
>eliminate the ability to own deer rifles, shotguns, etc.
>
>https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/carey-price-bill-c21-firearms
>
>Although the Conservative party opposes bill C-21, they don't have
>enough votes to defeat it. The other parties in Parliament certainly
>won't oppose it either as they are all "progressive". In the absence of
>something like the American First Amendment, we can only sign petitions
>and hope for the best. The chances of a petition stopping this bill are
>slim and none - and Slim just left town.
>
>This country is going the way of Australia and all the other disarmed
>countries where only the government has guns and nothing stops the
>government from going full autocrat at their whim.

Which of course is the key reason Justin Trudeau wants to raise
immigration rates to record levels (record in numbers not as a
percentage of the national population) since while I don't know
whether it's true in the US, in Canada immigrant populations and their
children tend to STRONGLY support the party that was in power when
they entered the country.

And by US standards Justin and his NDP allies are pretty woke. (At
least in BC that's less true provincially but certain federally it's
true)