From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Are eco-zealots Marxists or Puritans?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 02:59:30 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 07:59 UTC

An Austrian professor suggests that today's eco-zealots may be as much
like the Puritans as they are Marxists as they demand "cleansing" of the
world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq34MyenrmE

This is not an entirely ridiculous view in my opinion. Mind you, Marxism
itself has always (ironically) had a major element of quasi-religious
zealotry about it: while loathing religion as "the opiate of the
masses", Marxists have pushed their own loony economic theories with all
the fervour of religious fanatics.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Are eco-zealots Marxists or Puritans?

<33pjL.1551$GNG9.781@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167350&group=rec.arts.tv#167350

Subject: Re: [OT] Are eco-zealots Marxists or Puritans?
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 11:33:03 -0500
 by: moviePig - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 16:33 UTC

On 12/5/2022 2:59 AM, Rhino wrote:
> An Austrian professor suggests that today's eco-zealots may be as much
> like the Puritans as they are Marxists as they demand "cleansing" of the
> world.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq34MyenrmE
>
> This is not an entirely ridiculous view in my opinion. Mind you, Marxism
> itself has always (ironically) had a major element of quasi-religious
> zealotry about it: while loathing religion as "the opiate of the
> masses", Marxists have pushed their own loony economic theories with all
> the fervour of religious fanatics.

Without parroting the opinions of actual experts, which aspects of
Marxism -- or *any* economic theory -- do you personally find "loony"?

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Are eco-zealots Marxists or Puritans?