Santa Claus is watching!

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleRhino
+- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
|+* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat
||`* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
|| +* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleAdam H. Kerman
|| |`* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
|| | `- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat
|| +* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat
|| |`- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleAdam H. Kerman
|| `- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Styletrotsky
|`- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Styletrotsky
+* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
|+* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
||`* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat
|| `* Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleBTR1701
||  `- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Styletrotsky
|`- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat
+- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleEd Stasiak
`- Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian StyleThe Horny Goat

1
[OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmlur0$3oijf$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167398&group=rec.arts.tv#167398

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 18:28:31 -0500
 by: Rhino - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 23:28 UTC

More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
currently being debated in parliament.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730

A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmmg51$5ss4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167424&group=rec.arts.tv#167424

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:24:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:24 UTC

>More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>currently being debated in parliament.

>https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730

>A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

Is there a lot of gang violence committed with cannons?

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<TcGdnSoFBYdG4xL-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167487&group=rec.arts.tv#167487

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:41:47 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 17:41 UTC

On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
> currently being debated in parliament.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>
> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

Vote differently.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<wgidnV5Bi5bGBxL-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167498&group=rec.arts.tv#167498

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 19:39:07 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 19:39 UTC

wrote:

> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
> currently being debated in parliament.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>
> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

Meanwhile, over on the Canadian healthcare front:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7ntgrjem5cybn2/DeathPanels.png?dl=0

"Medically assisted deaths could save millions in health care spending"

I don't think there is a word in the English language that fully encapsulates
just how evil this is, yet Sarah Palin was mocked for warning about 'death
panels' by the same American politicians who point to Canada as an
aspirational example of what America's healthcare system should become.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<d1f588b8-2ecf-4b9c-901b-a967505e87c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167503&group=rec.arts.tv#167503

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 12:00:42 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 20:00 UTC

> Rhino
>
> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
> currently being debated in parliament.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>
> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

There is no point where anti-gun fundies will ever say "that's enough gun control."

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<fvSdnXPB9u_-OhL-nZ2dnZfqnPUAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167511&group=rec.arts.tv#167511

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:34:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 20:34 UTC

On Dec 6, 2022 at 11:39:07 AM PST, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>> currently being debated in parliament.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>>
>> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.
>
> Meanwhile, over on the Canadian healthcare front:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7ntgrjem5cybn2/DeathPanels.png?dl=0
>
> "Medically assisted deaths could save millions in health care spending"
>
> I don't think there is a word in the English language that fully encapsulates
> just how evil this is, yet Sarah Palin was mocked for warning about 'death
> panels' by the same American politicians who point to Canada as an
> aspirational example of what America's healthcare system should become.

Canada offers disabled veteran "aid to die" when she asks for a stairlift in
her home.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1599270657589530625?s=20&t=3RIReOEFmsqHskCgrWSjUw

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<kg70ph1sppuoneupq7tetectv1jabdji5n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167560&group=rec.arts.tv#167560

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:01:44 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:01 UTC

On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 18:28:31 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>currently being debated in parliament.
>
>https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>
>A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.

So you're saying the next time a foreign president comes to Ottawa
they're going to do a 21 gun salute then somebody's getting arrested??

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<8i70phd0rd5b42t6n1ojb8lgf8uhe7hs2c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167561&group=rec.arts.tv#167561

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:04:14 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:04 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:41:47 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>> currently being debated in parliament.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>>
>> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.
>
>Vote differently.

Well in fairness Justin Trudeau has won 3 times - a majority
government followed by 2 minorities and in both the latter another
party got the most votes but not the most seats.

Given recent US history I should not have to explain how this
"interesting" situation can occur though I don't believe it has ever
happened twice in a row in US (at least recent US) history. I am well
aware that Abe Lincoln won with a very small plurality in 1860 and on
the whole most people would say he didn't turn out too badly.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<fn70ph5lugkpgsi2ohhgo9l57jn0fo0k71@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167562&group=rec.arts.tv#167562

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:06:47 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:06 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 19:39:07 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>> currently being debated in parliament.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>>
>> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.
>
>Meanwhile, over on the Canadian healthcare front:
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7ntgrjem5cybn2/DeathPanels.png?dl=0
>
>"Medically assisted deaths could save millions in health care spending"
>
>I don't think there is a word in the English language that fully encapsulates
>just how evil this is, yet Sarah Palin was mocked for warning about 'death
>panels' by the same American politicians who point to Canada as an
>aspirational example of what America's healthcare system should become.

The euthenasia bill was SUPPOSED to be about terminally ill patients
but there are now moves to extend it to the mentally ill who have no
physical illness at all.

That's just plain wrong and I wish I knew more about other countries
with similar legislation since I'm pretty sure the Belgians don't off
the mentally ill.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<or70ph575a6jtsn91cn9r8g8rcsdb125vh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167563&group=rec.arts.tv#167563

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:08:30 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:08 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:34:43 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> I don't think there is a word in the English language that fully encapsulates
>> just how evil this is, yet Sarah Palin was mocked for warning about 'death
>> panels' by the same American politicians who point to Canada as an
>> aspirational example of what America's healthcare system should become.
>
>Canada offers disabled veteran "aid to die" when she asks for a stairlift in
>her home.
>
>https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1599270657589530625?s=20&t=3RIReOEFmsqHskCgrWSjUw

Yes that happened - and I note it was a scandal when it became public
knowledge and was discussed in Parliament in terms of 'what shall we
do to ensure this never happens again?'

The vet in question as I call had too close a call with an IED in
Afghanistan.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<atropos-E244F8.21170606122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167564&group=rec.arts.tv#167564

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:17:06 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:17 UTC

In article <or70ph575a6jtsn91cn9r8g8rcsdb125vh@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:34:43 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >> I don't think there is a word in the English language that fully
> >> encapsulates just how evil this is, yet Sarah Palin was mocked for
> >> warning about 'death panels' by the same American politicians who
> >> point to Canada as an aspirational example of what America's
> >> healthcare system should become.
> >
> > Canada offers disabled veteran "aid to die" when she asks for a stairlift
> > in her home.
> >
> >https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1599270657589530625?s=20&t=3RIReOEFmsq
> >HskCgrWSjUw
>
> Yes that happened - and I note it was a scandal when it became public
> knowledge and was discussed in Parliament in terms of 'what shall we
> do to ensure this never happens again?'

You give up your guns to the government, this is the kind of shit you
get.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<atropos-81FC49.21250706122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167565&group=rec.arts.tv#167565

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:25:07 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:25 UTC

In article <8i70phd0rd5b42t6n1ojb8lgf8uhe7hs2c@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:41:47 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
> >> currently being debated in parliament.
> >>
> >> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
> >>
> >> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
> >> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.
> >
> >Vote differently.
> >
> Well in fairness Justin Trudeau has won 3 times - a majority
> government followed by 2 minorities and in both the latter another
> party got the most votes but not the most seats.

Every time I'm on the NextDoor app and see someone in my city
complaining about the vagrants or the crime or the D.A. who won't
prosecute the guy who vandalized their car or the blackouts or the gas
prices, I always politely ask, "Who did you vote for for D.A., for
sheriff, for state assembly, for governor" and this being California, I
mostly get Gascon, Newsom, and Democrat politicians for the state
legislature as a response. Then I ask who they're going to vote for in
the next election and get generally the same answer. I then tell them
that if they're unhappy with their quality of life, the person to blame
is the one in the mirror and if they want things to change they have to
vote differently and stop rewarding these brain-stems who have destroyed
the state with reelection.

At which point I usually get suspended again for the offense of posting
while conservative.

But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmpbt9$g534$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167574&group=rec.arts.tv#167574

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 06:30:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 06:30 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>>Vote differently.

>>Well in fairness Justin Trudeau has won 3 times - a majority
>>government followed by 2 minorities and in both the latter another
>>party got the most votes but not the most seats.

>Every time I'm on the NextDoor app and see someone in my city
>complaining about the vagrants or the crime or the D.A. who won't
>prosecute the guy who vandalized their car or the blackouts or the gas
>prices, I always politely ask, "Who did you vote for for D.A., for
>sheriff, for state assembly, for governor" and this being California, I
>mostly get Gascon, Newsom, and Democrat politicians for the state
>legislature as a response. Then I ask who they're going to vote for in
>the next election and get generally the same answer. I then tell them
>that if they're unhappy with their quality of life, the person to blame
>is the one in the mirror and if they want things to change they have to
>vote differently and stop rewarding these brain-stems who have destroyed
>the state with reelection.

>At which point I usually get suspended again for the offense of posting
>while conservative.

Not while conservative. You got suspended for pointing out the
incredibly obvious.

>But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
>kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
>they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
>behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.

As in Helsinki Sweden?

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<atropos-2889D2.23091906122022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167582&group=rec.arts.tv#167582

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 23:09:19 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 07:09 UTC

In article <tmpbt9$g534$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> >>Well in fairness Justin Trudeau has won 3 times - a majority
> >>government followed by 2 minorities and in both the latter another
> >>party got the most votes but not the most seats.
>
> >Every time I'm on the NextDoor app and see someone in my city
> >complaining about the vagrants or the crime or the D.A. who won't
> >prosecute the guy who vandalized their car or the blackouts or the gas
> >prices, I always politely ask, "Who did you vote for for D.A., for
> >sheriff, for state assembly, for governor" and this being California, I
> >mostly get Gascon, Newsom, and Democrat politicians for the state
> >legislature as a response. Then I ask who they're going to vote for in
> >the next election and get generally the same answer. I then tell them
> >that if they're unhappy with their quality of life, the person to blame
> >is the one in the mirror and if they want things to change they have to
> >vote differently and stop rewarding these brain-stems who have destroyed
> >the state with reelection.
>
> >At which point I usually get suspended again for the offense of posting
> >while conservative.
>
> Not while conservative. You got suspended for pointing out the
> incredibly obvious.
>
> >But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
> >kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
> >they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
> >behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.
>
> As in Helsinki Sweden?

Stick it, Harvey!

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmpmjk$hs2$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167594&group=rec.arts.tv#167594

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 03:32:36 -0600
 by: trotsky - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 09:32 UTC

On 12/6/22 11:41 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM PST, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> More information on the weapons that will be prohibited under Bill C-21,
>> currently being debated in parliament.
>>
>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bill-c21-sporting-guns-1.6673730
>>
>> A bill that was intended to ban handguns has now had provisions added
>> that would ban a great deal more, including shotguns and ceremonial cannon.
>
> Vote differently.

Yes, those ceremonial cannons are highly necessary, although I say stick
to ceremonial canons in Catholicism and you'll be fine.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<d1i2ph1ss5c94sofnuicm6jqksuuhiskem@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167707&group=rec.arts.tv#167707

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 18:14:22 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 02:14 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:25:07 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
>kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
>they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
>behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.

Hmmm where I come from that's called Stockholm syndrome.

Is there any particular difference between the Stockholm and Helsinki
versions?

(And thank you I do know whose flag is Blue and Yellow and whose is
White and Blue.....)

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<85i2ph5lg53a2g8bkn2bimcqr0m3mtucup@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167708&group=rec.arts.tv#167708

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 18:15:33 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 02:15 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 23:09:19 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <tmpbt9$g534$2@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> >The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> >At which point I usually get suspended again for the offense of posting
>> >while conservative.
>>
>> Not while conservative. You got suspended for pointing out the
>> incredibly obvious.

Heh heh - in any case, vote how you will but vote!

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmsbbn$5js$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167714&group=rec.arts.tv#167714

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 03:39:03 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:39 UTC

On 12/6/22 11:17 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <or70ph575a6jtsn91cn9r8g8rcsdb125vh@4ax.com>,
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Canada offers disabled veteran "aid to die" when she asks for a stairlift
>>> in her home.
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1599270657589530625?s=20&t=3RIReOEFmsq
>>> HskCgrWSjUw
>>
>> Yes that happened - and I note it was a scandal when it became public
>> knowledge and was discussed in Parliament in terms of 'what shall we
>> do to ensure this never happens again?'
>
> You give up your guns to the government, this is the kind of shit you
> get.

Where are the other historical precedents? Or are you just vomiting up
Oath Keeper talking points per usual?

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmsbf0$5js$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167715&group=rec.arts.tv#167715

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 03:40:48 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:40 UTC

On 12/6/22 11:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <8i70phd0rd5b42t6n1ojb8lgf8uhe7hs2c@4ax.com>,
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:41:47 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Vote differently.
>>>
>> Well in fairness Justin Trudeau has won 3 times - a majority
>> government followed by 2 minorities and in both the latter another
>> party got the most votes but not the most seats.
>
> Every time I'm on the NextDoor app and see someone in my city
> complaining about the vagrants or the crime or the D.A. who won't
> prosecute the guy who vandalized their car or the blackouts or the gas
> prices, I always politely ask, "Who did you vote for for D.A., for
> sheriff, for state assembly, for governor" and this being California, I
> mostly get Gascon, Newsom, and Democrat politicians for the state
> legislature as a response. Then I ask who they're going to vote for in
> the next election and get generally the same answer. I then tell them
> that if they're unhappy with their quality of life, the person to blame
> is the one in the mirror and if they want things to change they have to
> vote differently and stop rewarding these brain-stems who have destroyed
> the state with reelection.
>
> At which point I usually get suspended again for the offense of posting
> while conservative.
>
> But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
> kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
> they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
> behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.

LOL! Which big cities with Republican leaders are setting the example?
Holy fuck, how many times are you going to spew the same fucking
horseshit? Get a new act if you're going to be a comedian.

Re: [OT] Gun Control: Canadian Style

<tmtfn5$u7qr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167803&group=rec.arts.tv#167803

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:59:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:59 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 21:25:07 -0800, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>But the point remains that the electorate here is suffering from some
>>kind of mass Helsinki Syndrome, where they've been abused for so long
>>they've come to love their abusers and not only excuse their abusive
>>behavior, they line up to ask for more of it.

>Hmmm where I come from that's called Stockholm syndrome.

>Is there any particular difference between the Stockholm and Helsinki
>versions?

H.G., it's Christmas. Would you please watch Die Hard?