From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: [NEWS] "Made for Love" renewed for second season (dark comedy, sci-fi)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:51:03 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 00:51 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

HBO's Dark Comedy Made For Love Renewed For a Second Season
HBO Max has officially renewed Christina Lee's dark comedy series
Made For Love for a second season. The renewal comes after over
two months since the Cristin Miliot-led sci-fi series had wrapped
up its first 8-episode season, which became one of the streamer's
top original half-hour long shows. Season 2 will feature author
and executive producer Alissa Nutting joining Lee as a
co-showrunner.

"We're thrilled we get the chance to work with our incredible
cast and crew again," Lee and Nutting said in a statement. "We
would've announced the pick-up earlier, but it was a beast
closing Diane's deal. Everyone thinks she's a doll, but she's a
real hard-ass."

"Made For Love is funny, dark, and entirely unique," HBO Max's
EVP of Original Comedy and Adult Animation, Suzanna Makkos said.
"We are thrilled to be reuniting with this dream team of talented
producers, incredible cast, and CGI dolphins to tell the next
chapter of this exciting story."

Based on Alissa Nutting's 2017 novel of the same name, Made for
Love is a darkly absurd and cynically poignant story of love and
divorce. It follows Hazel Green, a thirty-something woman on the
run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to Byron Gogol, a
controlling tech billionaire. Soon she discovers that her husband
has implanted a monitoring device - the Made for Love chip - in
her brain, allowing him to track her, watch her, and know her
"emotional data" as she tries to regain her independence. Through
the chip, Byron's able to watch Hazel's every move as she flees to
her desert hometown to take refuge with her aging widower father
Herbert and his synthetic partner, Diane.

The series stars Cristin Milioti, Billy Magnussen, Ray Romano,
Noma Dumezweni, and Augusto Aguilera, along with guest stars Caleb
Foote, Kym Whitley, Nyasha Hatendi, Patti Harrison, Ione Skye, Jon
Daly, Matty Cardarople, Mel Rodriguez, and Sarunas Jackson.

Made for Love is created by Lee, who also served as the showrunner
in the first season. Executive producers are Nutting, Lee, Patrick
Somerville, Dean Bakopoulos, Liza Chasin, Stephanie Laing, and
SJ Clarkson. It is a production by Paramount Television Studios.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1180422-dark-comedy-made-for-love-renewed>