The groundhog is like most other prophets; it delivers its message and then disappears.

arts / rec.arts.tv / J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

SubjectAuthor
* J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero super70s
+* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hshawn
|+* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was theanim8rfsk
||`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hIan J. Ball
|| +* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hEGK
|| |+- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hsuper70s
|| |+- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was theanim8rfsk
|| |`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstEd Stasiak
|| | `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hshawn
|| `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was theanim8rfsk
||  +* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hIan J. Ball
||  |`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hBTR1701
||  | `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstEd Stasiak
||  |  `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was theanim8rfsk
||  `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firsttrotsky
||   `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hNoBody
|+- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hNoBody
|`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstDavid Johnston
| `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstEd Stasiak
|  +* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was theanim8rfsk
|  |`- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hThe Horny Goat
|  `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstDavid Johnston
|   +* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hBTR1701
|   |+* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstDavid Johnston
|   ||`- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firsttrotsky
|   |`- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstmoviePig
|   +* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hshawn
|   |`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstDavid Johnston
|   | +- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hBTR1701
|   | `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firsttrotsky
|   `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firsttrotsky
`* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hUbiquitous
 `* Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hThe Horny Goat
  `- Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the firstDimensional Traveler

Pages:12
J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<super70s-6B79AB.06295208122022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167746&group=rec.arts.tv#167746

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:29 UTC

She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<it04phdom2b69n8sosomb08v3vgl1a8l0b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167765&group=rec.arts.tv#167765

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 10:37:02 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 15:37 UTC

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600, super70s
<super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).

I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
Or maybe they don't exist in her world?

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1959756966.692210098.306113.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167778&group=rec.arts.tv#167778

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the
first female action hero lead
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:36:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:36 UTC

> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600, super70s
> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>
> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?

In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
stinky cheese Larson.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tmt4cd$tcc0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167779&group=rec.arts.tv#167779

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:46:05 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 16:46 UTC

On 2022-12-08 16:36:43 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600, super70s
>> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>>> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>>
>> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>
> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
> stinky cheese Larson.

At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.

The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
never heard that...).

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1t64ph5a7k49db8te13gn5s2h9p4g6de61@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167786&group=rec.arts.tv#167786

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 12:17:41 -0500
 by: EGK - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 17:17 UTC

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:46:05 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>On 2022-12-08 16:36:43 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>>> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>>> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>>> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>>> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>>> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>>
>> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
>> stinky cheese Larson.
>
>At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>
>The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
>Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
>never heard that...).

I refuse to use thost stupid names like "J-Law".
I jused to like Lawrence till she started becoming political like so many
if her limosine liberal friends. While simultaneosly talking about how she
never graduated from HS. The irony escapes her.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<super70s-57092E.12055008122022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167788&group=rec.arts.tv#167788

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 12:05:50 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:05 UTC

In article <1t64ph5a7k49db8te13gn5s2h9p4g6de61@4ax.com>,
EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:46:05 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
> >> stinky cheese Larson.
> >
> >At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
> >
> >The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
> >Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
> >never heard that...).
>
> I refuse to use thost stupid names like "J-Law".

Refuse to use them then, I don't think you're going to start a
groundswell of resistance.

Sounds like you get upset over some really trivial things.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1678633523.692215427.972874.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167789&group=rec.arts.tv#167789

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
first female action hero lead
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:09:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:09 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:46:05 -0800, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
>>> stinky cheese Larson.
>>
>> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>>
>> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
>> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
>> never heard that...).
>
> I refuse to use thost stupid names like "J-Law".
> I jused to like Lawrence till she started becoming political like so many
> if her limosine liberal friends. While simultaneosly talking about how she
> never graduated from HS. The irony escapes her.

Lol!

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1300950422.692215590.504837.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167790&group=rec.arts.tv#167790

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
first female action hero lead
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 11:09:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:09 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-12-08 16:36:43 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>>> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>>> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>>> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>>> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>>> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>>
>> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
>> stinky cheese Larson.
>
> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>
> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
> never heard that...).

I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded they kill off his character of Tony
Stark just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese again.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tmt9g7$tpih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167793&group=rec.arts.tv#167793

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:13:27 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:13 UTC

On 2022-12-08 18:09:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
>>> stinky cheese Larson.
>>
>> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>>
>> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
>> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
>> never heard that...).
>
> I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
> now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded they kill off his character of Tony
> Stark just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese again.

I'm trying to remember - Did RDJ have *any* (meaningful) scenes with Larson?!

I don't recall that he did...

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<atropos-3AE67B.11321608122022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167800&group=rec.arts.tv#167800

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 11:32:16 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:32 UTC

In article <tmt9g7$tpih$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-12-08 18:09:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than
> >> Larson.
> >>
> >> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
> >> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
> >> never heard that...).
> >
> > I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
> > now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded they kill off his character of Tony
> > Stark just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese again.
>
> I'm trying to remember - Did RDJ have *any* (meaningful) scenes with Larson?!
>
> I don't recall that he did...

She was in the scene where she rescued Stark from drifting in space and
brought him back to earth.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<76e95188-a143-4756-8bb0-36e581edae46n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167813&group=rec.arts.tv#167813

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:39:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first
female action hero lead
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:39 UTC

> EGK
>
> I jused to like Lawrence till she started becoming political like so many
> if her limosine liberal friends. While simultaneosly talking about how she
> never graduated from HS. The irony escapes her.

Never graduated from junior high school.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<e43421a8-e1d9-4f3b-925e-870fb7174956n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167815&group=rec.arts.tv#167815

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:41:30 -0800 (PST)
female action hero lead
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:41 UTC

> BTR1701
> > Ian J. Ball
> >
> > I'm trying to remember - Did RDJ have *any* (meaningful) scenes with Larson?!
> > I don't recall that he did...
>
> She was in the scene where she rescued Stark from drifting in space and
> brought him back to earth.

I don't think the actress was actually on the set with RDJ, they just CGI-ed
her character into the scene, floating down to Earth with the space ship.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1664459692.692225378.896930.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167819&group=rec.arts.tv#167819

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
first female action hero lead
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 13:59:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:59 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701
>>> Ian J. Ball
>>>
>>> I'm trying to remember - Did RDJ have *any* (meaningful) scenes with Larson?!
>>> I don't recall that he did...
>>
>> She was in the scene where she rescued Stark from drifting in space and
>> brought him back to earth.
>
> I don't think the actress was actually on the set with RDJ, they just CGI-ed
> her character into the scene, floating down to Earth with the space ship.

I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded the rescue of his character of Tony
Stark be done in CGI just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese
again.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<63k4ph5nv8g7udib78p0f9sapf487a2qua@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167822&group=rec.arts.tv#167822

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 16:12:23 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 21:12 UTC

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:39:13 -0800 (PST), Ed Stasiak
<edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>> EGK
>>
>> I jused to like Lawrence till she started becoming political like so many
>> if her limosine liberal friends. While simultaneosly talking about how she
>> never graduated from HS. The irony escapes her.
>
>Never graduated from junior high school.

I don't hold that against her. After all neither of my sisters
graduated from high school. Yet both went on to college and graduated
from nursing school with one going on to become a physician's
assistant. So not graduating high school or even junior high doesn't
prevent someone from continuing their education. Her apparent lack of
interest in continuing her education is something that can be held
against her if she's then going to provide her opinion on numerous
topics and expecting people to listen to her.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tmT9ks$to0l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167836&group=rec.arts.tv#167836

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:50:55 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:50 UTC

super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:

> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).

However did she convince them to do that?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<1jf5phlkiu9jsu33k100g9ja4qjbahgfdk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167856&group=rec.arts.tv#167856

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 20:49:53 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 04:49 UTC

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:50:55 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
>
>> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>
>However did she convince them to do that?

Maybe she's auditioning for the next Bond girl role?

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tmuf33$13ar1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167857&group=rec.arts.tv#167857

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
female action hero lead
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:55:02 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 04:55 UTC

On 12/8/2022 8:49 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:50:55 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
>>
>>> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>>> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>>
>> However did she convince them to do that?
>
> Maybe she's auditioning for the next Bond girl role?

She never looked good enough for that.

dirty old man.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tmv4v5$kf5$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167888&group=rec.arts.tv#167888

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
female action hero lead
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 05:08:21 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 11:08 UTC

On 12/8/22 12:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> In interviews she comes across as an equally simple but less obnoxious
>>> stinky cheese Larson.
>>
>> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>>
>> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
>> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
>> never heard that...).
>
> I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
> now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded they kill off his character of Tony
> Stark just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese again.

More misogyny from the resident closet homosexual.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<6g96ph5td8orjs0ua8uhadfl9rv2v1sple@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167892&group=rec.arts.tv#167892

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 07:12:24 -0500
 by: NoBody - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:12 UTC

On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 10:37:02 -0500, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600, super70s
><super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>>She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>>front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>
>I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>Or maybe they don't exist in her world?

We live in a world where people can make up their own reality and get
coddled for it. Why is this any different?

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<gl96pht5bhhtpjr67npvdt9su9c9uih7ov@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167894&group=rec.arts.tv#167894

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 07:14:55 -0500
 by: NoBody - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:14 UTC

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 05:08:21 -0600, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>On 12/8/22 12:09 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> At this point, J-Law is probably only *slightly* less obnoxious than Larson.
>>>
>>> The main difference seems to be that even her co-stars seems to hate
>>> Brie Larson, which I don't think is true of J-Law (or, at least, I've
>>> never heard that...).
>>
>> I’d like to start a completely baseless and unfounded rumor right here and
>> now that Robert Downey Jr. demanded they kill off his character of Tony
>> Stark just so he wouldn’t have to work with stinky cheese again.
>

>More misogyny from the resident closet homosexual.

Enough about you already.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tn1f3s$1huv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167984&group=rec.arts.tv#167984

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
female action hero lead
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 01:13:48 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 08:13 UTC

On 2022-12-08 8:37 a.m., shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Dec 2022 06:29:52 -0600, super70s
> <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> She can however lay claim to being the first female lead to stand in
>> front of a bunch of Russian spies and expose their vagina (Red Sparrow).
>
> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?

Linda Hamilton was a supporting actress in a couple of action movies,
not the lead. Sigourney Weaver was the final girl in a horror movie,
who kind of transitioned to an action heroine in the sequel. As to why
J made such a claim, there was a widespread opinion in Hollywood at the
time that female led action movies flop and hence a reluctance to make
them which was why Phase 1 of the MCU avoided having any. While there
certainly was a history of female-led action movies, the idea that
female-led action movies flop would have been a concern in
pre-production for her film.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<6cef2fe1-43df-44f7-a9e8-6aaeab135e10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168011&group=rec.arts.tv#168011

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:19:34 -0800 (PST)
female action hero lead
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:19 UTC

> David Johnston
> > shawn
> >
> > I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
> > thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
> > knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
> > Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
> > that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
> > Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>
> Linda Hamilton was a supporting actress in a couple of action movies,
> not the lead. Sigourney Weaver was the final girl in a horror movie,
> who kind of transitioned to an action heroine in the sequel.

Angelina Jolie was the lead in "Tomb Raider" in 2001 and Linda Hamilton
was the lead actor (or co-lead with Arnold and Michael Biehn) in 1984's
"Terminator", while Sigourney Weaver was clearly the lead back in 1979
with "Alien".

> As to why J made such a claim, there was a widespread opinion in Hollywood
> at the time that female led action movies flop and hence a reluctance to make
> them which was why Phase 1 of the MCU avoided having any.

Read somewhere that the head of MCU/Disney was opposed to female
superheroes until the first Wonder Woman movie came out in 2017 and
was a big hit.

Shame, as IMO the Black Widow's movie should have come out right after
the first Iron Man flick in 2008 when her character was introduced and I'd
have done it as a sexy and violent R-rate espionage movie with Hawkeye
being sent by SHIELD to capture or kill the Russian assassin Black Widow,
chasing her around the world and having action-packed battles in various
cities, only for them to team up to take down the real Bad Guy whereupon
Black Widow joins SHIELD.

> While there certainly was a history of female-led action movies, the idea that
> female-led action movies flop would have been a concern in pre-production
> for her film.

Sure, but in this case it's Jennifer Lawrence bring a ding-bat jr.high drop-out.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<2054061913.692387111.157731.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168029&group=rec.arts.tv#168029

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
first female action hero lead
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 11:11:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 18:11 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> David Johnston
>>> shawn
>>>
>>> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>>> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>>> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>>> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>>> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>>> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>>
>> Linda Hamilton was a supporting actress in a couple of action movies,
>> not the lead. Sigourney Weaver was the final girl in a horror movie,
>> who kind of transitioned to an action heroine in the sequel.
>
> Angelina Jolie was the lead in "Tomb Raider" in 2001 and Linda Hamilton
> was the lead actor (or co-lead with Arnold and Michael Biehn) in 1984's
> "Terminator", while Sigourney Weaver was clearly the lead back in 1979
> with "Alien".
>
>> As to why J made such a claim, there was a widespread opinion in Hollywood
>> at the time that female led action movies flop and hence a reluctance to make
>> them which was why Phase 1 of the MCU avoided having any.
>
> Read somewhere that the head of MCU/Disney was opposed to female
> superheroes until the first Wonder Woman movie came out in 2017 and
> was a big hit.
>
> Shame, as IMO the Black Widow's movie should have come out right after
> the first Iron Man flick in 2008 when her character was introduced and I'd

IIRC Natasha doesn’t show up until Iron Man two (the bad one)

Which still makes it, what, 10 years before she got her own movie? Which
was too damn long.

One problem is that Marvel didn’t really have any single female lead
material available. They had a lot of good female characters but they were
all pretty much in teams.

> have done it as a sexy and violent R-rate espionage movie with Hawkeye
> being sent by SHIELD to capture or kill the Russian assassin Black Widow,
> chasing her around the world and having action-packed battles in various
> cities, only for them to team up to take down the real Bad Guy whereupon
> Black Widow joins SHIELD.
>
>> While there certainly was a history of female-led action movies, the idea that
>> female-led action movies flop would have been a concern in pre-production
>> for her film.
>
> Sure, but in this case it's Jennifer Lawrence bring a ding-bat jr.high drop-out.

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<2kjaph5637en741onr17amkpp83mrhhbgh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168085&group=rec.arts.tv#168085

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 19:29:42 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 03:29 UTC

On Sat, 10 Dec 2022 11:11:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>IIRC Natasha doesn’t show up until Iron Man two (the bad one)
>
>Which still makes it, what, 10 years before she got her own movie? Which
>was too damn long.
>
>One problem is that Marvel didn’t really have any single female lead
>material available. They had a lot of good female characters but they were
>all pretty much in teams.

She obviously doesn't consider The Perils of Pauline an "action" movie
and that film was probably before her mother was born much less
herself

Re: J-Law causes Twitter firestorm by claiming she was the first female action hero lead

<tn3m0c$r7v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=168091&group=rec.arts.tv#168091

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
female action hero lead
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 21:23:39 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 04:23 UTC

On 2022-12-10 7:19 a.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> David Johnston
>>> shawn
>>>
>>> I wonder what led her to making such a claim. With even a moment's
>>> thought she had to know that wasn't the case. I can forgive her not
>>> knowing or thinking of Pam Grier, but with actors like Sigourney
>>> Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Angelina Jolie having made multiple movies
>>> that put them in the lead there's no excuse for her forgetting them.
>>> Or maybe they don't exist in her world?
>>
>> Linda Hamilton was a supporting actress in a couple of action movies,
>> not the lead. Sigourney Weaver was the final girl in a horror movie,
>> who kind of transitioned to an action heroine in the sequel.
>
> Angelina Jolie was the lead in "Tomb Raider" in 2001

A easy to forget flop.

and Linda Hamilton
> was the lead actor (or co-lead with Arnold and Michael Biehn) in 1984's
> "Terminator",

Biehn was definitely the action hero. She was the damsel in distress.

while Sigourney Weaver was clearly the lead back in 1979
> with "Alien".

Which was a horror movie, not an action movie. No, if you want an
actually successful female-led action movie that was recent enough that
Jennifer Lawrence should have been aware of it, I offer up Kill Bill.
Now THAT was a female-led action movie. She was 11 when it came out.