From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Biden Calls for Gun Ban While Freeing Arms Dealer Who Sold to Al-Qaeda, Taliban
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 07:24:25 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 07:24 UTC

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/president-biden-calls-for-assault-weapons-ban-at-gun-violence-vigil-while-freeing-international-arms-dealer-who-sold-to-al-qaeda-taliban/

The definition of chutzpah is murdering your parents and then throwing
yourself on the mercy of the court because you're an orphan. Today, President
Joe Biden may have just established a new definition for 'hypocrisy'.

Biden attended something called the National Vigil for All Victims of Gun
Violence last night at St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C. It's an
annual event put on by Newtown Action Alliance Fund, a gun control advocacy
operation. Whatever its ostensible purpose, the vigil is designed to put
pressure on lawmakers to further limit Americans' 2nd Amendment rights through
the passage of more restrictive gun control laws.

Biden became the first president to attend the vigil and, naturally, used the
opportunity to, once again, call for another "assault weapons" ban and a limit
on magazine capacity using all of the rhetorical skills, precision, and
command of the facts for which he's become so well known.

Even as our work continues to limit the number of
bullets that can be in a cartridge, the type of weapon
that can be purchased and sold, the attempt to ban
assault weapons-- a whole range of things that are
just common sense. Just simple common sense.

But, you know, we did it before. You may remember.
In the '90s we did it with the help of the very people
in here, led by Speaker Pelosi in the House and many
others. And we did it. And guess what? It worked. The
number of violent mass murders reduced were
significant. A lot of people's lives were saved.

You know-- and we can do it again.

Biden's attendance brought praise from all of the usual suspects.

Another thing that's truly amazing is the coincidence of The Washington Post
publishing this tongue bath hagiography of Michael Bloomberg's favorite sock
puppet, Shannon Watts, the next morning. What are the odds?

And then today the White House made news, announcing another Big Win (TM) for
the administration. They'd reached an agreement with the gangsters who run
Russia to release WNBA player Brittney Griner. Griner, if you haven't been
paying attention, was sentenced to nine years in jail for drug possession
after she "inadvertently" brought cannabis vaping cartridges with her on a
trip to Moscow in February.

The Biden administration vowed to "work tirelessly" to get her out. What that
meant in practice was they enlisted the help of Saudi Arabia to broker a deal
to spring the basketball star.

This, of course, is the same Saudi Arabia that Biden vowed to make an
international pariah during his 2020 campaign.

From The Daily Mail . . .

The deal was brokered with Vladimir Putin, responsible
for the genocide in Ukraine-- and with the help of Saudi
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, just 48 hours
after the U.S. dropped a lawsuit holding him responsible
for the murder of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal
Khashoggi.

Again, just another amazing coincidence.

What did Biden give up to spring Griner? He agreed to release someone named
Viktor Bout, one of the worst humans in the world. Bout is (was) a Russian
arms dealer nicknamed the "merchant of death", who sold guns to bad actors all
over the world, primarily in Africa as well as to the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

According to the AP . . .

Bout was serving a 25-year sentence on charges that
he conspired to sell tens of millions of dollars in
weapons that U.S officials said were to be used against
Americans. Biden issued an executive grant of
clemency to free the arms dealer from a federal
prison in Illinois to effect the prisoner swap.

Meanwhile, another American, Paul Whalen, an ex-Marine, is still rotting in a
Russian penal colony on charges of espionage. His case apparently wasn't as
much of a priority for the Biden White House as springing a prominent
basketball player.

So let's sum up, shall we? The president made a show of his attendance at a
"gun violence" vigil last night that was drenched in politics. He made an
ostentatious display of the sympathy, care, and concern he feels for the
survivors of gun violence, while using the event to call, yet again, for a ban
on some of the most popular firearms in the country. He dearly wants to outlaw
again a subset of guns that are used in a tiny fraction of crimes committed in
this country, and whose ban thirty years ago was an utter failure.

Yet as Biden was delivering his comments last night, demonizing legally-owned
guns and quoting scripture about the light not being overcome by darkness, he
was-- at that very moment-- releasing an illegal international arms dealer
whose business helped to kill hundreds of thousands of people... including
American troops.

Given the weapons that Bout sold to al-Qaeda and the Taliban, it’s reasonable
to guess the arms he trafficked to America's enemies killed more Americans
than all of the lawfully-owned AR-15s and AKs in America ever have.

Let's also remember that Biden moved heaven and earth to free a woman
convicted of cannabis possession while his own Drug Enforcement Agency
continues to list it as a Schedule I prohibited substance, one that can and
has been used to take away Americans' gun rights if they run afoul of the law
here.

The business of politics and politicians-- whatever their party-- is kissing
babies, lying on the campaign stump, and pissing on the public's leg while
claiming it's raining and promising to do something about the weather. There
are probably more nakedly cynical and hypocritical instances of elected
officials doing what they do, but it's difficult to think of one that comes
close to this gag-inducing example.

Re: Biden Calls for Gun Ban While Freeing Arms Dealer Who Sold to Al-Qaeda, Taliban

<tmv45s$1c7$11@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167882&group=rec.arts.tv#167882

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Calls for Gun Ban While Freeing Arms Dealer Who Sold to
Al-Qaeda, Taliban
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 04:54:52 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 10:54 UTC

On 12/9/22 1:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

If you call being sent to Russia being "freed" you're the stupidest
motherfucker who ever lived.

Re: Biden Calls for Gun Ban While Freeing Arms Dealer Who Sold to Al-Qaeda, Taliban

<tn01nj$18u15$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167928&group=rec.arts.tv#167928

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 19:19:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 19:19 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/president-biden-calls-for-assault-weapons-ban-at-gun-violence-vigil-while-freeing-international-arms-dealer-who-sold-to-al-qaeda-taliban/

Yeah. I agree. Freeing Viktor Bout is a signal that arms can be traded
to the enemy with impunity. And attending an anti-gun vigil after doing
so is an empty gesture.

>. . .

Re: Biden Calls for Gun Ban While Freeing Arms Dealer Who Sold to Al-Qaeda, Taliban

<wsmcnQdgVs7MJg7-nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=167952&group=rec.arts.tv#167952

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 17:48:32 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 22:48 UTC

In article <tn01nj$18u15$6@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:

>Yeah. I agree. Freeing Viktor Bout is a signal that arms can be traded
>to the enemy with impunity. And attending an anti-gun vigil after doing
>so is an empty gesture.

Isn't ths going to be counteractive to all that money he's funneled to
Ukraine?

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!